Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Would You Advise Working Abroad? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Advise Working Abroad? (1483 Views)

MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? / How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? / Acca Or Cfa: What Do You Advise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Advise Working Abroad? by Zahymaka(m): 1:41am On Mar 22, 2006
I was chatting with someone this night and he asked me if I intended to return to Nigeria after my studies. 'Definitely,' I replied without even thinking. Now that's very different from what most people think. Running away from Nigeria after getting your degree abroad doesn't say well of you -- that's plain cowardice or shall I say greed? The aim of learning [to me] is to contribute to the good of Nigeria.

When our well-trained personnel go on a mass exodus to other countries, we lose a lot of brainpower. Funnily it's still these people who complain about mediocre standards.

Let's face it sha -- Nigeria can be frustrating. Our leaders seem to deliberately set out to kill talent. It requires determination but I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy. Together, we can build a better Nigeria.

Let me know what you guys/girls think about this issue.
Re: Would You Advise Working Abroad? by Hotstepper(f): 4:26am On Mar 22, 2006
My dream is to work in Nigeria and God will help me
Re: Would You Advise Working Abroad? by Badman888(m): 4:35am On Mar 22, 2006
I dont mind returning if there is something good available, but they can be wahala in Nigeria atimes. but wont come back to work immeditely after school. But about people abroad to go back to Nigeria to build the country i dont see whats the point. The people in Nigeria dont have Jobs so why should the people abroad now come and take the little spaces available.
Re: Would You Advise Working Abroad? by Zahymaka(m): 4:42am On Mar 22, 2006
That there are no jobs doesn't mean people should leave. I think it's the way the colonialists brought us up -- the educational system they left behind emphasises getting a good job. Why can't we create jobs?
Re: Would You Advise Working Abroad? by Badman888(m): 4:55am On Mar 22, 2006
to create job in Nigeria is wahala, its just a difficult country
Re: Would You Advise Working Abroad? by Zahymaka(m): 5:03am On Mar 22, 2006
Determined people always succeed no matter how many times they fail.
Re: Would You Advise Working Abroad? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2006
Zahymaka:

Running away from Nigeria after getting your degree abroad doesn't say well of you -- that's plain cowardice or shall I say greed? The aim of learning [to me] is to contribute to the good of Nigeria.

To me the aim of learning is to advance and have a better future, whats the point of studying engineering if the only job you can find is likely to to be in the banks?

Zahymaka:

When our well-trained personnel go on a mass exodus to other countries, we lose a lot of brainpower. Funnily it's still these people who complain about mediocre standards.

Remember everyone wants a better future, If you are not appreciated where you are as an expert, not given the right tools and equipment to save or improve lives , you are basically just there collecting salary. Other countries actively attract intellectuals to improve their own society its common sense!

Zahymaka:

That there are no jobs doesn't mean people should leave. I think it's the way the colonialists brought us up -- the educational system they left behind emphasises getting a good job. Why can't we create jobs?

If theres no job somewhere, how do u survive?

When are we going to stop blaming the colonialist and if the education system they left behind is not suitable to us , what are we doing about it??
How exactly do people create jobs with no money

Hey i definately want to work in nigeria but i don't want to put my future at risk

What about those in nigeria? they can do a good job too cant they, sayin nigerians outside nigeria must develop the country is undermining those in nigeria cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Help, Mcse / Cbn/ndic/firs / Bristow Helicopters Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.