Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,988 members, 7,956,690 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:56 PM

Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? (22539 Views)

Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by oiseworld: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
pounded yam, more stressful but its the original. U know notting like d original.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by IRAPADA(m): 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2012
Human poundy is sweater than machine poundy
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by pedestal82(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2012
I hear a lot of ppl talking about africans loving stress,and all what not, if it where to be, oyibo, they will package the thing, give u gist how it is more healthy to eat the pounded one, and all that. But trust us Africans to want to westernise more than the west, poundo yam, mtcheeww. Pound yam give me joor, if I feel like eating Semo u give me semo
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by mjconcept(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
cheesy pounded yam
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by niyooo(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Na pounded yam nah. How will you even begin to compare the two? angry angry Poundo yam na stupi.d flour that you can never catch me eating. I'll rather eat eba or something else. As if all the chemical wey i dey chop no reach you go come add this one join am. Na pounded yam all the way as proper Ekiti man. grin
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by jspac(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pounded yam biko i be true African cheesy
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by mjconcept(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
Technology have changed everything but me i still prefer pouded yam.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
If its not Pounded Yam it can never be Pounded yam.
Pounded yam has always been my best food but since when Ayo farms and the rest came out with the chinko (substandard) of my best meal I decided to go low.

I only eat pounded at restaurants I know they do it the traditionally by actually pounding the yam. Why will I be eat a fake of something.

I actually posted a couple of weeks back enquiring where I can get affordable yam pounder.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by tundesto(m): 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pounded yam is better because it is fresher than the former.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Martmore: 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
All these people wey no wan pound yam, na the kind people wey overweight dey kill.Una no know say na these small small exercise na im keep our fore fathers them fit.ma oburo utara ji oburo ya.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by deols(f): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2012
pounded yam o jare, if some1 else is making it wink
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Imyourex(m): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
OMG, @ Poster, na my best food u dey compare like dis? I fit charge u to court for food piracy. How can you compare poundo yam(amala in disguise) to my pounded yam.
Call it a stressful process if you like but I like the pounding aspect most.
After you pound am finish just rush go shower then come back and settle for a real show. Weh wota go dey comot for ya nose.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by IbroSaunks(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2012
deols:

pounded yam o jare, if some1 else is making it wink
lol! you can like to chop someones pounded yam grin grin grin how about UACs Village Kitchen Pounded yam? smiley smiley

maybe it's because i'm a guy, but i don't care if it's pounded, or poundo, or rambo yam, even lando yam. I probably won't notice the difference! As long as i'm not hungry anymore, the both are ok!

1 Like

Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by GboyegaD(m): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pounded yam and comparing it with poundo yam is like comparing death and sleep. I have had poundo in recent times due to its availability but of a truth, I do not like it at all and so I prefer to eat eba instead when I have to take a solid meal.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by IYANGBALI: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
i prefer pounded yansh
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by femmy2010(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pounded Yam all the way.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by kemiola89(f): 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2012
like someone said poundo yam tastes like semo,it doesnt have da real taste of pounded yam, i will go for pounded yam anytime anyday
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Rossikk(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
kolababa said

Hello Ladies in the house, if you dont know how to pound yam, pls go and learn it o. They have used pounded yam to snatch away somebody's husband for my area o.

Una no go kill person for this NL. grin grin grin grin
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Ranoscky(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
Any already pounded yam here for tastin?
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Gretma: 12:28am On Mar 02, 2012
U guys are funny
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by jingoma(m): 1:23am On Mar 02, 2012
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but POUNDO yam does not contain ANY yam at all in fact it is made with mainly potatoes and other preservatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by tpia5: 1:45am On Mar 02, 2012
True that.

Also the reason why poundo is so heavy in calories.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 02, 2012
I've never heard of poundo yam.

Pounded yam na the koko in my household.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by aribisala0(m): 2:23am On Mar 02, 2012
I agree that Poundo is mainly potato,Starch,preservatives and decaking chemicals. Some of these chemicals are toxic and even carcinogenic.

because African foods in the Uk are in a sort of "Black" market no one regulates these products properly to check they are really safe!!

In belgium they eat something called puree which is a blend of potato flour etc

Actually they are quite Nice but need to be monitored people can be unscrupulous and pack all sorts in the name of "BUSINESS"

Anyway there was a Yam Pounder machine by National in the 80s I have an Uncle who got one as a retirement present and he still has it .

Brings it out once a year!
It cooks the yam and pounds it too. It is Perfect! It is not possible to have smoother pounded yam,
Anyway National discontinued it .I think it was too expensive Over Naira100 and they must have lost money.

National Yam Pounder
SD 2100Y

It is roughly the size of a large Microwave oven and you can see it on Google.
If someone could persuade them to make it again or sell the patent it might be worthwhile who knows.
And with Technology these days I am sure further improvements can me made(it was produced in the 80s) e.g It does not allow you introduce boiled yam it has to do a full cycle of Boil and then pound .Though at that point you could add some boiled yam but that is pointless.
to answer your question

There is no comparison to well pounded yam.
But recently i discovered you can blend Oats fine,cook it normally and let it setand it is quite nice !better than poundo
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 02, 2012
seriously, what is poundo yam? undecided
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by aribisala0(m): 2:39am On Mar 02, 2012
a kind of ersatz pounded yam

go to amazon it is sold there you will see some images too
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by blackmale(m): 3:54am On Mar 02, 2012
POUNDED YAM NONI, so far you cant ping on nokia, then both cant be compared,
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 02, 2012
POUNDED YAM all day, everyday. It's the real deal!!!
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by greall12(m): 6:57am On Mar 02, 2012
which one be poundo yam again?civilization turn thing up side down,omo i go for pounded yam is the best with egusi lol
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 02, 2012
there's no big deal in pounding yam.as a matter of fact its a hobby 4 me pounding yam.actualy i did my nysc in oshun state n lived among d ife people,ijeshas,ekiti and all.i prefer pounding yam 2 buying d processed one.i see buying d processed one as laziness of d highest order.many women these days are lazy.infact my fiancee n my mother inlaw luv pounded yam and its nt an issue 2 me pounding it
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by shumno(f): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2012
Pounded yam tastes like freshly cooked yam and better than pounds yam which is dry yam, but if you can't pound like me because we only eat corn powder (tuwo) where I come from you can always manage pounds yam powder.
Re: Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? by beespak7(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2012
Pounded yam all the way , pounded yam is fresh,  the aroma and texture if well pounded is wonderfull. Poundo yam is artificial dry and with lots of chemicals, nothing beats freshly pounded yam with thick egusi and asorted meat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On Imported ‘india Garri’: Health Minister Now Aware & Taken Actions / Bread Business In Nigeria; Demystifying The Bakery Industry Myth. / Easter Fried Rice | Step By Step Guide To Make Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.