Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes (1105 Views)

CBN To Change Polymer Notes To Paper / CBN To Issue N5, N10, And N50 Notes In Polymer Substrate Like The N20 Note / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes by oradee: 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2012
Has anyone noticed that the newly introduced polymer notes have started fading. I hold a N20 or N50 and i'm like WTF,
even the higher currencies get so dirty i cant even put it in my wallet, and one thing I've noticed is that some currency notes are not well cut into shape that i have to double check to make sure its not fake, (the margin between the top and bottom isn't equal)
i donno what chemical the US/Brits use to print their notes but if we also import our currencies,we should at least import quality notes,
Re: The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2012
Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ rot of corruption Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ in everything we do.
Re: The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes by mkmyers45(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
Is anything done right? Even the Minting people want to cut corners and chop enough grin grin grin grin
Re: The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes by Rooneyboy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ poster I agree with u on this topic
I have noticed it and have been complaining and quarrelling so much in recent times on this issue.

Our dear country NIGERIA
What is really happening.
Its a pity.
I'm so disappointed
Re: The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes by sarkee: 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
I believe Nigerian currency is among those high quality currency you can get in the world, check the security features in them and the texture, compared with some and you will see the difference.
I still believe that our attitude of handling our currency is among the major problem, imaging people deliberately trying to put on lighter on a polymer notes just to see how it will look like, imaging how some market women use their mouth to bite or tear off part of Naira to confirm it's genuineness, or some people washing notes with detergents, haba!
Lastly you should know that Nigeria is a cash society, where, I guess more than 70% of transaction is done in cash, so the rate at which Naira notes goes round is so high that within a short time it just got old or mutilated.
It's not even every country that can afford to print a polymer notes, but I believe our attitude of handling currency made the then CBN Gov. Soludo to introduce it with the hope that it will last longer.
Lets change our attitude and culture of handling our National Currency with respect, before Naira vex and comot for our hand, lol
Re: The Fading State Of Our Polymer Notes by oradee: 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
sarkee:

I believe Nigerian currency is among those high quality currency you can get in the world, check the security features in them and the texture, compared with some and you will see the difference.
I still believe that our attitude of handling our currency is among the major problem, imaging people deliberately trying to put on lighter on a polymer notes just to see how it will look like, imaging how some market women use their mouth to bite or tear off part of Naira to confirm it's genuineness, or some people washing notes with detergents, haba!
Lastly you should know that Nigeria is a cash society, where, I guess more than 70% of transaction is done in cash, so the rate at which Naira notes goes round is so high that within a short time it just got old or mutilated.
It's not even every country that can afford to print a polymer notes, but I believe our attitude of handling currency made the then CBN Gov. Soludo to introduce it with the hope that it will last longer.
Lets change our attitude and culture of handling our National Currency with respect, before Naira vex and comot for our hand, lol

like seriously, or u mean just the Third world countries grin grin

if we cant trust our minting company, why cant we just import the right quality,
Your saying that our attitude is what is fading the polymer note? (finding that hard to believe)
and so what can u say for the others that get dirtier than a 5yr old's school socks?

(1) (Reply)

Snake Repellant Plant Available For Sale / Why Can't MTN And Co Offer Contract Line Iphones! / Social Media Marketing Services: Finding Customers In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.