Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? (10230 Views)

What’s Old Is New Again: Blackberry Launches Classic Phone With Qwerty Keyboard / Nokia Unveils Asha 205, 205 Dual-SIM Qwerty Handsets / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Blackteeth(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
I prefer qwerty phones cos I like my phone screen clean and free from finger obstructions.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by liljboy(m): 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
Qwerty mehn!! Touch screen qo later 4k u up wif en screen wahala,
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by aieromon(m): 6:15am On Mar 03, 2012
Well,I dont think I can ever use a phone without touchscreen capabilities again.I haven't been disappointed in my four years of usage.I' m very comfortable operating my tablet without a bluetooth keyboard.
To each his/her own,I guess.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 03, 2012
I like a phone with both.

Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by jspac(m): 10:20am On Mar 03, 2012
Touch screen why? Because most smart phones with Qwerty keyboard are slide. eg nokia 97 etc.
flex wahala!
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by passyjango(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2012
Both are good, it all depends on what you want. QWERTY phones can be great for typing but when it comes to most other phone features like browsing, manipulating menus, gaming, reading, etc touch displays are better.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Reference(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2012
Touch screen is it for me. No thumb trauma. Moreover I'm beginning to enjoy the delights of writing or character recognition that enables faster entry and the flexibility of append my signature on attached documents. The ongoing mobile device interface exhibition in Barcelona is a sheer wonder as to the future of telephony in everyday activities and of course touch screen devices rule the roost.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by norrisman: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^^^^
This

I like a phone with both. I started off my smartphone romance with a touchscreen (stylus required) only MDA Compact II but since then, I have had qwerty ones namely HTC TyTN II, HTC TouchPro 2 and HTC Desire Z. Touchscreen input is fine for short text, Whatsapp, Twitter entries but when it is something more involved like typing a letter or other long documents, I need a physical keyboard.

The majority of smartphone users are leisure users and mainly use their phones for social media and the likes, not text intensive uses so the smartphone manufacturers cater for their needs. This view is supported by the just concluded Mobile World Congress in Barcelona where the major players introduced new phones but not one qwerty device!

PS
I typed this on the screen of my phone and had to make a correction every 2 words on average.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by JW214: 10:29am On Mar 03, 2012
@op, with due respect sir, I think the title should be: Hard button Qwerty keypad vs Touchscreen keypad, remember, some mobile devices come with touchscreen Qwerty keypad.

Now to your question: for a long and large input of data, a hard button qwerty keypad is better but for a small volume of data input, a touchscreen qwerty keypad is the best.

With mobile devices like Nokia n97, BB Touch 9700, you can enjoy the mix of data input. This was a section of my MSC research some years ago
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by norrisman: 10:38am On Mar 03, 2012
JW214:

@op, with due respect sir, I think the title should be: Hard button Qwerty keypad vs Touchscreen keypad, remember, some mobile devices comes with touchscreen Qwerty keypad.
There is no such thing as hard button qwerty keypad. In the smartphone world, devices with physical keyboards are known as qwerty devices.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2012
Qwerty without even thinking, Not a touch screen person oh and I own a torch 9800 tho :|
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2012
Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Qwerty all d way
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by gulfer: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2012
Qwerty is preffered. If a combination of both is available, better but Qwerty is always primus inter-pares (pardon my latin); first amongst equals cause of the more physical feel to the fingers.

1 Like

Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by lilkech(m): 11:07am On Mar 03, 2012
Touchscreens r the ish

wey my iPhone users in d house smiley
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by blackwall(m): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2012
Qwerty noni

Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by dmainboss: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2012
Hmmmm1 Have you ever tried playing angry bird or need for speed with Qwerty? Hmmm! Or try to flip through pictures? Hmmm!
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by sniperwolf(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2012
I've been using my Nokia X6 for more than 2years and it has suffered so many falls on hard hard surfaces and high distance and I've never had touch-problem with it. When I put my phone on landslide mode I enjoy the QWERTY mode. I can never use a phone that is not a full touch screened (multi-touch, I can't use a pen-touch)
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by tope3x(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2012
QWERTY is the best. its very easy to type onlike the touch screen suck, although i uses an HTC DESIRE Z, AND IT HAS BOTH TOUCH SCREEN AND QWERTY.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Touch screen all Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ way. ℓ̊ L<3√ع touching my pics, videos, fb etc. ℓ̊ feel like I'm in a bond movie at times. grin
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by eghost247(m): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2012
touchscreen
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by mkmyers45(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
If touchscreen deal with you sad you go appreciate QWERTY
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by dj5naira(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
None. I would rather stick to my alphanumeric keypad!!! Extreme flexibility.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by kelz88(f): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2012
QWERTY. But I don't miss having a sore thumb! Touchscreen's not too bad but can sometimes be frustrating. I had to install another keyboard on my phone cos I didn't like the one it came with.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by amblors(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2012
Av always loved keys, but currently using a fone with both, n its a better experience.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Phony200(m): 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2012
I use a Nokia C7 and an iphone 4 and I've not had a single reason to look back. One thing i noticed is that i use an alphanumeric keypad arrangement on my C7 because the qwerty arrangement is kinda choked up. Qwerty on the iphone is however a thing of delight. Touchscreen all the way. For those who like to "feel" their keys, the Nokia C7 has haptic feedback for that i.e. The screen vibrates when you touch it.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Konnektions146(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2012
recent mobile phones wit physical keypad are not hard.
i use mobile devices wit both and its just good. each has its use.
but for me i can use any but physical keyboard is better for me
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Suntemi(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
I can't do without Touchscreen again. Sometimes I need to swap sim from my Nokia to my iPhone just because I need to send sms. I find it very hard typing with buttons, it so boring and makes me type slow.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
After using a qwerty (Nokia E63) and a touch screen, with slide open qwerty (Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro) i think i now prefer a combo.
I presently use a Nokia E6. Qwerty keyboard but also with touch screen capabilities! No complaints what so ever!
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
Touchscreen all the way. Physical Keyboards are now stale, don't ask me, steve jobs started it!
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by amblors(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
u find it very hard typing on keys? you mean keys in general? coz i'll wonder how you use your pc,
you can type on a touch keyboard yet u cant on a physical fone, or you're slower on it? haha, funny 1 indeed,
might b tru, but thats really strange.

i prefer typing with physical keys, i prefer selecting options with the touch screen, scrolling with the touchscreen is also preferable.
but i won't sacrifice the physical keys for a touch qwerty.

a mix of em wins for me.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by Ibomade1: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2012
I think I will favour touch screen on this one due to other constraints that come with the use of Qwerty.
But they are almost the same.
Re: Qwerty Or Touchscreen Phones Which Do You Prefer? by hassymo5(m): 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
qwerty all the way!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Review Of Innjoo Note Fone, Injoo Fones, And Nigerian Chinese Fone Brands / Tecno Camon C8 Puzzle / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.