Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Do Ghosts Truely Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Ghosts Truely Exist? (1355 Views)

Does Pogatry Truely Exist / How To Overcome Ghosts, Badluck,setback,demons, Devils, Witches,curses With Salt / Is It Truely Demonic To Eat In The Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by xynerise: 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2012
I hear stories of Ghosts and how they attack people but I doubt if such is real. Cos I believe those are evil spirit not a dead person's ghost. The other day a friend told me his mother's ghost appeared to him and told him who killed her. But I thought one who is dead cannot come back even as ghost. Are these ghosts or evil spirits?
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by bright007(f): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
Ghosts don't exist physically.they exist in å person's mind or thought.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by crossman9(m): 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
there demons not ghosts

ghosts is old english for spirits

when people die the are not alive anymore they go to a place called sheol which means in the grown
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by TisaBone: 9:05am On Mar 03, 2012
yes ghosts exist.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by xynerise: 9:52am On Mar 03, 2012
TisaBone:

yes ghosts exist.
have you seen one? undecided
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by TisaBone: 10:45am On Mar 03, 2012
xynerise:

have you seen one? undecided

that's irrelevant, however, what surprises me the most, are the christians who question the possibility that there are beings such as ghosts, angels, and the like. There are many instances in the bible of angels and spirits coming to the prophets with messages, etc.

Does that mean that they don't believe what the bible is saying? Are they picking and choosing what to believe and discarding what they dismiss as simply fiction. But the bible does not lie. Right? the bible would never steer us wrong. Right? Then why are there so many people out there with such little faith? Did not Jesus rise from the dead? Or do you think that that is nothing more than metaphor?
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by Arosa(m): 11:46am On Mar 03, 2012
I don't know if they exist. I have not seen one, I quess.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by crossman9(m): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
let make clear there is no such thing as ghosts there evil spirits imposters pretending to be the dead person the bible makes clear the dead know nothing

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by dekung(m): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
@TisaBone,
Very smart. Evasive move. Someone asks you if you have seen a ghost before and you say that is not important yet you hold tenaciously to the belief that they exist. Answer the question, have you seen a ghost before and what did it/she/he tell you? Wake up from your superstition. Ghosts, spirits, demon etc only exist in the imagination not in reality. If you think otherwise, prove me wrong.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by lepasharon(f): 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2012
There are ghosts, i have experienced one.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by Arosa(m): 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2012
lepasharon:

Please share with us your experience with them.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by xynerise: 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
lepasharon:

Aunty pls tell us the story while I sip my lemonade and eat pop corn. grin
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by jmoore(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
they are demons who are look like the deceased. Demons can camouflage . A perfect example is when saul went to see a sorceror to help him ask a question to samuel who is already dead. The spirit that appeared was not that of samuel's but of a demon.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by newmi(m): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2012
l know only one "ghost" and he is living and active
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall
give you another Comforter, that he
may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy
Spirit, whom the Father will send in my
name, will teach you all things and will
remind you of everything I have said to
you.
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by xynerise: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
newmi:

l know only one "ghost" and he is living and active
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall
give you another Comforter, that he
may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy
Spirit, whom the Father will send in my
name, will teach you all things and will
remind you of everything I have said to
you.
you forgot to include "HOLY" in the ghost. grin
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:58pm On Mar 04, 2012
They exist for those who saw them, i guess.
xynerise:

I hear stories of Ghosts and how they attack people but I doubt if such is real. Cos I believe those are evil spirit not a dead person's ghost. The other day a friend told me his mother's ghost appeared to him and told him who killed her. But I thought one who is dead cannot come back even as ghost. Are these ghosts or evil spirits?
Re: Do Ghosts Truely Exist? by newmi(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2012
xynerise:

you forgot to include "HOLY" in the ghost. grin
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? / Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Sells Private Jets / When God Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.