Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Show Off Your Best Work. - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Show Off Your Best Work. (16694 Views)

What Are Your Best Successful Blogging Tips? / What Is Your Best Site Analysis Tool? / Best Work At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by zebudaya(m): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2012
Folks, There's no need to insult anyone. @ *dhtml I like the interswitch site. It's elegant and it works. Kudos!

I read all the responses and understood why a back end guy may not be able to hire a front end guy. I think y'all should join forces and make the best products possible. There is no point in going solo. You can even use free wordpress themes or other themes and modify them or if your customer needs an online shopping cart you can use zencart, cubecart, mangento etc and modify it. Sometimes there's no need to code from scratch. Oyibo man does the minimum required to get from point A to point B. Never more! He calls it being efficient and being effective.

At one point, one should be willing to fire customers who are not willing to pay the cost instead of reducing your standards to get the contract, and producing a badly designed site.

I refrained from criticizing anyone who was bold enough to post their work because there is no reason to destroy someone's confidence by rejecting their creativity.
However, we all agree on the need for pursuing better design.

Naija as a whole needs better designed products, roads, airports. It's a shame that one flies into MMIA in lagos, and there are no toilet papers in the bathrooms. Just wet floors and water bottles for people to use. How would the oyibo man judge us?
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by doncigalo: 9:02am On Mar 06, 2012
@DODOCORE know I c where u coming from, ur even a freelance developer !! my days !! I actually tot u were with a software development firm, anyways most hacks tend to be freelance comes to me as no surprise. LMAO, Ive just seen ur profile on freelancer, 15 bucks an hr and 7 completed works, u need to find a full time job mate!!

How long will it take u to reach sanjay2004's  level: https://www.freelancer.com/users/34205.html., erm lets c ,

while(DODOCORE is a HACK) {
       print "still counting";
   }
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Sprumbaba: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 9:16am On Mar 06, 2012
hahahahahahahahahhaha

i guess my websites are so beautiful that you call them templates, i laugh again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy wake up and learn, the path you are taking is not the learning path.

We are not mates ok, what i can do you cannot!!!! what i did years ago, you cannot do in years to come!

please when it comes to designs we arent mates; when it comes to programming, you still a baby!!!

Wait, before we talk again, which code have you written before? tongue
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by DualCore1: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2012
Sprumbaba:

@Dual Core - I am so glad that some coders are working from Nigeria and they are proud of their jobs. I have checked your page on freelance website and you are doing fine. Let me know if you can work in codeigniter so that I can hire you.

Also, what you are making on that website is peanuts (May be good in Nigeria standard).

Hope to hear from you. Also, for anyone , I need Codeigniter Guru.

@Dhtml, let me know if you can work with HMVC Codeigniter because you are a programmer.
No, sorry I don't work with Codeigniter. About the peanuts. . . well I keep a 4am - 2pm (mon-fri) fulltime job with a canadian web dev firm and earn 1,300 USD per month (after all GTBank wire transfer charges are removed). That could also be peanut to you too but I'm not after the money. . . I am after the passion.

If you have any jobs, post them there and you will get quality bids.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 06, 2012
Sorry guys, i was too engrossed in what i was working on.
Ahem,  A CMS INSTALLER - IS A DUDE THAT CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD CMS AND INSTALL IT, AND POSSIBLY DO A LITTLE CUSTOMIZATION. BUT HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CODE ANYTHING, NOT EVEN HTML.

Now, As for how those websites estimate the worth of a website, ehm, one of them is the traffick the website is getting - and my website is not doing bad at all when it comes to traffick, and yes, the google ads, and i suspect google analytics are used as well.
Mind you, they cannot estimate the worth of the company anyway. . . . .and they usually state this clearly.  

Thank you very much @zebudaya, and the client love it too. I am even waiting for them to finish their upgrade plans. . . . .

I can work with HMVC Codeigniter fairly well, u can reach me on support @ dot net to continue our conversation (so we dont distract this thread)

@doncigalo, if you hear how much i collected for some of the jobs i have in my portfolio, you will just shut-the-f-u-c-k up. But i am not hear to tantalize anybody, i am here for business.
BTW this client does not know jack about website design (like you), so cannot really appreciate much. But the colleague of this person is the owner of www.profjohnobafunwa.com which i developed also (and was handsomely paid too) - by the way, that is the new VC of LASU.
I am already putting forward upgrade features of the website - make me sef chop some VC money jare.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2012
Wait a minute, i see the word hire, I am a freelancer / consultant, i dont get HIRED - that is bad for my business. But if you ave a project to execute, then you can talk to me about it, and if i am available, then we negotiate, that is how i do my own work. Thank you.

Ehm donciaglo, wossop man. . . . .you are rili entertaining me ya know, i hope i have answered all your questions eh?

Ehm dociaglo, why not go to google and type "FlatSQL" - it is a script i wrote not too long ago. . .maybe you can learn a thing or two from it. And aye, it is on that my same nonsense site too.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2012
Dual Core:

Apologize? LoL, when hell freezes over. Ain't you used to these kinda people? Allow him to continue making noise. Don't blame him, blame the jQuery coders who did the actual building of the scripts with an overly clear documentation that just anyone could pick up and use.  tongue

Yesooooo, i really blame the jquery coders grin
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Sprumbaba: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Sprumbaba: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 06, 2012
^^^Hmmn, okay, lets see how it goes. Still contact me via email.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Sprumbaba: 10:23am On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2012
@zebudaya, i did not address something you said. You see, it is not all clients you can turn down - something some of us learnt the hard way. You need to consider the cost or damage you will accrue by turning down some people - so you have to balance it.
Sometimes, i just outsource the job to another developer - because for me these days, i am reducing the number of projects i work on drastically - unlike before - when i was still trying to prove a point to the likes of donciaglo.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by doncigalo: 10:46am On Mar 06, 2012
@ogzille yes dat i agree wit u. We r not mates mate !!!  it would be an insult to my pedigree and to the people that I've worked with to come down to ur level and start mentioning some of projects ive been involved in, but just to give u a measure of my capability try building a hangman game in PL/SQL if u can (which I sincerely doubt) or perharps carry out a data migration that takes into consideration up to 10 new business rules in PL/SQL as well. U produce each script under 1hour mate !!!  I dont wont even to go in OOP languages or Enterpise Applications cuz aint u worth it MATE. U r a HACK !!

Coming to web design I say my last work speak for itself,  U R A HACK WHO USES TEMPLATES !! U LACK CREATIVITY MATE !!!

@dhtml d feeling is mutual ,  but all said and done I actually would love to redesign ur website,  for free smiley
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2012
@doncigalo, now you are simply blabbing!!! See as the people you are attacking are getting jobs, and you are here making noise (very soon he will say the job isnt his class).

FYI, i have never used a template. Consider yourself a complete fool if you cannot show us which of my site is a template.

All my javascript, php, html and Actionscript are custom coded. All my effects are custom or you think they cannot be done?

If you cannot show me any feature or part of my works that is a template, know that you are a complete olodo! tongue
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2012
@while i wait for part of my work that is a template, did you say hangman, mshewwwww *shakes head*
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by deco2come: 11:24am On Mar 06, 2012
@doncigalo

My brother cool down. Everyone has its area of specialization. What you can do may be hard for another person to do. And what that person can do may be hard for you.  For example, the site (www.umuigbo.com) is only being powered by two scripts, nothing more nothing less. I have seen a lot of works which is extremely difficult for me but it is very easy to someone else.

I respect anyone's work no matter how ugly it looks like. After all facebook, google, baidu, and others are not even pretty yet they are raking millions of dollars each day.

I think as long as a website is achieving its goal (i.e making the actual money the owner wants), its looks doesn't matter much as long as it is getting enough traffic. If you think otherwise, then be the first to sue Seun, Mark, Google, and others.

Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by DualCore1: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2012
ogzille:

@doncigalo, now you are simply blabbing!!! See as the people you are attacking are getting jobs, and you are here making noise (very soon he will say the job isnt his class).

FYI, i have never used a template. Consider yourself a complete fool if you cannot show us which of my site is a template.

All my javascript, php, html and Actionscript are custom coded. All my effects are custom or you think they cannot be done?

If you cannot show me any feature or part of my works that is a template, know that you are a complete olodo!  tongue

When an average Nigerian tells you your (hand crafted) site is a "template site". Be happy. In the Nigerian mentality a site that is too good to me done by a Nigerian with the same mindset as theirs. . . is a "template site".

When you see a site with very dirty CSS like this on a live site. . . you start asking what kid was rattling door knobs in CSS.

.innerbox9{
//border:2px solid #ececec;
//-moz-border-radius: 15px;
//border-radius: 15px;
width:  300px;
height: 150px;
background-image: url(, /images/consul_ser.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;

//background:#f9f9f9;
float: right;
//border-left: none; border- //bottom: 3px solid #598bc8;

}

.innerbox10{
//border:2px solid #ececec;
//-moz-border-radius: 15px;
//border-radius: 15px;
width:  300px;
height: 150px;
background-image: url(, /images/career_pro.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;

//background:#f9f9f9;
float: right;
//border-left: none; border- //bottom: 3px solid #598bc8;

}

doncigalo:

@DODOCORE know I c where u coming from, ur even a freelance developer !! my days !! I actually tot u were with a software development firm, anyways most hacks tend to be freelance comes to me as no surprise. LMAO, Ive just seen ur profile on freelancer,  15 bucks an hr and 7 completed works,  u need to find a full time job mate!!

And you are the same person here?
doncigalo:

@Ibotus Im a free lance web designer. My latest work is http://www.trident.com/ng

e: anaivi.isa@gmail.com
t: 080 5604 1917

Go through my over 8,000 posts and let me know where you see me begging for jobs. Funso, get wise. I told you that trident site is actually your best work ever and you are holding on to it like a baby with candy. . . I don't do 5-paged online brochures anymore. . . that's a phase we all evolve from and you should think of some evolution in that regard.

I started screwing with jQuery and Javascript even before you heard of it. I did ecashshop.com ages ago and screwed with so much javascript that I vowed never to go all out on JS again cuz I wrote enough JS to make a man cry. Ecashshop.com was my first hand-crafted site based on JS and I didnt even suck at it back then. My skill level now and then (when I did ecahshop) cannot even be compared, everyday we go higher. My personal website (sawyerrken.net) will even be a Javascript class work for you.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2012
Santa Maria! Aye, my site is a big-tyme blog jare - this is the highest compliment paid to my website. Gracias donciaglo. I await the new design. . .and dont worry, if you do it well, i will actually pay you for it. Just blast it to my mailbox. . .
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by AbidemiA: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2012
@ogzille,

Nice work on your recruitment portal, I am currently working on a similar project (demo.nigeriarecruiter.com), do you mind sharing your contact with me, so that we can share ideas?
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 06, 2012
^^^I still remember one other poster like that who was looking for Nigerian sites to exchange link with, one look at my website - he said it is not a Nigerian website.
Despite alexa info and all that, he refused to be convinced, and i was now wondering - what makes it look like it is not a Nigerian website beat me still

Abidemi_A:

@ogzille,

Nice work on your recruitment portal, I am currently working on a similar project (demo.nigeriarecruiter.com), do you mind sharing your contact with me, so that we can share ideas?

I am working on a recruitment portal too, but i ave gotten stranded on some client jobs - i need to raise funds for my project - maybe i may borrow ideas from you guys as well.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by DualCore1: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2012
*dhtml:

^^^I still remember one other poster like that who was looking for Nigerian sites to exchange link with, one look at my website - he said it is not a Nigerian website.
Despite alexa info and all that, he refused to be convinced, and i was now wondering - what makes it look like it is not a Nigerian website beat me still

I am working on a recruitment portal too, but i ave gotten stranded on some client jobs - i need to raise funds for my project - maybe i may borrow ideas from you guys as well.

Abidemi_A:

@ogzille,

GF was coming up with the same recruitment portal solution last week and I told her no to even invest much time cuz it may not even work in her country of residence. . . there are many of them already there. This may work in Nigeria.

Rather than each of you creating his own portal, why don't y'all team up to get one good portal?

Ogzille, I heard about what you did and your anonymous stunt. . . weldone grin . Let's talk about your plans on y!m when you are free.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by AbidemiA: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2012
Happy to team up with ppl with[b] Good and Practicable [/b] ideas, provided it will be a win-win situation. If you guys dont mind, let us have a meeting and discuss how we can make things work.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
Dual Core:

When an average Nigerian tells you your (hand crafted) site is a "template site". Be happy. In the Nigerian mentality a site that is too good to me done by a Nigerian with the same mindset as theirs. . . is a "template site".

I think that is what is happening here ooo!!!

Abidemi_A:

@ogzille,

yeah, u can reach me; contact on sites

*dhtml:

Ok sir! when are we starting the fund raising?

Dual Core:

Ogzille, I heard about what you did and your anonymous stunt. . . weldone  grin . Let's talk about your plans on y!m when you are free.

shocked  shocked  shocked hope am safe. we will talk!
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
But i have decided to team up with Abidemi, was why i was reconsidering, and now, another champion - ogzille is here. . . .Let us have a round table discussion somewhere else. I am willing to learn from you guys especially Abidemi. . . . .
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by AbidemiA: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Tony & Ogzille,

I will contact you later today, so that we can,

back to the main topic,
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2012
^^^Okay man, so what do you have to say about this topic
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
@abidemi and tony, ok no probs.

i guess the olodo (doncigalo) is still running around looking for my site that was built with a template. Please hurry cos ur olodo rep is increasing!
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
ogzille:

@abidemi and tony, ok no probs.

i guess the [size=18pt]olodo[/size] (doncigalo) is still running around looking for my site that was built with a template. Please hurry cos ur olodo rep is increasing!

*Falls from an Iroko tree*
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by AbidemiA: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2012
*dhtml:

^^^Okay man, so what do you have to say about this topic

I am ordinary school boy, just watching I will later separate seeds from weed and collaborate with seeds.
Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by doncigalo: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
hmmm, which of these [size=14pt]hacks[/size] do i start from,

@ugzille Oi u [size=14pt]IGNORANUS [/size], I aint got the time to go thru ur sites to check wether they are templates or not . U aint worth it mate, Ive told u already, u r a [size=14pt]HACK[/size] when u start to design quality websites let me knw. U do know wot a quality website is dont u ? HINT: Common sense would indicate to even a novice that when using a dark background u use a lighter color for the text to be placed on it, den again since u r a [size=14pt]HACK[/size] common sense aint exactly common. One more thing, is it that u lack the creativity to produce a decent logo for ur website guess thats d reason y also dont have a FAVICON (google it mate !!!).

@DODOCORE instead of picking @ my css formating, which is to aid in debuggin (not sumtin u hacks are accustomed to)  plz sort out the compatibility issue with ur website
[img][/img]

@DHTML keep ur change mate, cuz if I were to charge u, u wont be able to afford my services.

Re: Show Off Your Best Work. by ogzille(m): 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
doncigalo:

@ogzille Coming to web design I say my last work speak for itself,  U R A HACK WHO USES TEMPLATES !! U LACK CREATIVITY MATE !!!

@dhtml d feeling is mutual ,  but all said and done I actually would love to redesign ur website,  for free smiley

now compare with this

doncigalo:

@ugzille Oi u [size=14pt]IGNORANUS [/size], I aint got the time to go thru ur sites to check wether they are templates or not .

cant you see you are a complete olodo, 100% olodo content

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Cloud Hosting: How Does It Really Work? / Goodnews Adsense Applicants,get Your Adsense Approved In Less Than 48 Hours 2015 / 7 Popular Lies About Blogging That You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.