Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? (1105 Views)

How To Get Free Genuie Traffic To Your Website, Up To 100k Daily Hits / Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms / Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by Blackteeth(m): 11:08am On Mar 04, 2012
Actually am not into websites, but I wish to ask this question for a purpose.
Apart from the design cost of creating a website, how much does it cost to set the website up and running online? And also who are those responsible for fixing it up online? Lets use a website with a capacity as Nairaland for example.
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by Timileyin(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2012
With less than N5000 you can get that done
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by Blackteeth(m): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2012
Wow! N5000? So cheap! Who are those responsible for fixing it?
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by Timileyin(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2012
Welcome, any webmaster can do it, Contact info@crystalhills.org or 08154462911
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by digidragonfly: 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2012
it highly depends my friend

designing the site then developing the site, hosting and then support

but it really depends on what type of site, if you're looking to run an ecommerce ( selling online) site it depends on the product, how you want them presented etc. If you need anymore assistance or a quote just drop me an email

5000 is very cheap but you have to ask what you will be getting for you money, will it be a contemporary bespoke website which reaches international standards or just a template?

Regards

Sandeep
sayhello@itcompaniesnigeria.com
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by utimatedes(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2012
The cost depends on the capacity of the site, programming language used, purpose of the site and the volume of traffic expected.

It doesn't makes sense designing/developing a site/portal for a bank that will involve checking your account balance among other things and hosting it on a share server that will cost just N3,000 t0 N10,000, instead of dedicated server that costs between $150 to $1000 a month.

You have to take security into consideration and the language you used. If your share host does not support ASP.NET, then you have to get a server that supports such language which will definitely cost you more.

Have it in mind that some site can not be hosted on a share server, if not, you will be having nd creating a lot of problem for yourself and others.

Some site can cost you up to 100K to host it.
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by sholasong(m): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
instead of paying like 100k/month can't i set up my own server at my end running my wesite and have it linked to the internet. i mean there should be a way of doing that.
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by Vikax(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2012
Well am actualy into web design and hosting(i.e putting it up on net). My company is VIKAXnet. Victorokorie69@yahoo.com or vikaxnet@gmail.com. 08169875574 are my contact. U can contact me on all u wight ever wish to find out of a website
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by guru01(m): 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
@sholasong, what do you actually want
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by sholasong(m): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
@guru
i want a database website of which people will be able to fill forms and i will be able to draw out my statistics and analyze without having to log in to my host server because of the sensitivity of the data. that's why i feel having my own server in my office better, if there are alternatives or a way around it let me know.
Re: Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? by greenmouse(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
We offer a professional 3-4 weeks training in web development, covering:

Dreamweaver CS5(WYSIWYG Editor), CSS2/3, XHTML, JAVASCRIPT, FIREWORKS CS5, PHP, MYSQL, WORDPRESS, MAGENTO & WEB HOSTING.

call 08063786241 or email: info@greenmousetech.com.

limited seats available

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Mini Websites Using Front Page In Sixty Minutes Or Less! / Ready To Buy Non-hosted Adsense Account For N100,000. Immediately. / Issues With Payments On Routesms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.