Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,743 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Fashion Design As A Career - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Design As A Career (5958 Views)

Omotola Jalade’s Outfit To Lagos Fashion & Design Week / Bead And Wire-work , Female Fashion Design/sewing Sales And Training / Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Design As A Career by ZOOTO(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2006
what does it take to be a fashion designer? what educational qualification? what intrinsic value is required? any views?
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by luvu567(f): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2006
You have to be different from any one esle and would have to be very talented, but most importantly you would need some luck.

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design As A Career by hotangel2(f): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2006
You can take some Beauty Fashion courses. And then make sure you know you are talented. Take your own work to some big fashion designers (if u can get to them). Wear your own stuffs, and tell people about it. So they can tell people that know people that know people who can promote you, and pull up a mini-fashion show for you.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by ZOOTO(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2006
there's one point i would really like to get straight, must a designer know how to sew? if he is truely talented and finds it as a hobby creating designs and styles, must he go to any fashion school? despite he's commitment to other artistic career!
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by luvu567(f): 12:49am On Mar 27, 2006
I think designers have to sew to make thier creations come life and be worn.

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design As A Career by sweetpea(f): 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2006
Force One*~*.

Re: Fashion Design As A Career
« #2 on: March 26, 2006, 08:10 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can take some Beauty Fashion courses. And then make sure you know you are talented. Take your own work to some big fashion designers (if u can get to them). Wear your own stuffs, and tell people about it. So they can tell people that know people that know people who can promote you, and pull up a mini-fashion show for you.

I like this, this would really go a long way to help.I love fashion.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Rhodalyn(f): 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2006
you need to go into textiles and stuff
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by hotangel2(f): 7:02pm On Mar 28, 2006
sweetpea:

I like this, this would really go a long way to help.I love fashion.
Thanks hun.

ZOOTO:

there's one point i would really like to get straight, must a designer know how to sew? if he is truely talented and finds it as a hobby creating designs and styles, must he go to any fashion school? despite he's commitment to other artistic career!

If you are a designer, you have to know how to sew wat you design, especially when you are a "beginner". When you bloom, you can now hire people that'll sow the outfits yo design, infact you can even hire people that'll work together with you on the outfits you design. But when you are new, you have to express your "talent" by making your own stuffs, Infact, while sowing, u might think of something cool than what you've drawn on ur paper. But if you give your designs to someone to draw, they might not SHOW what you want. It just won't be a nice way to start fashion designing.

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design As A Career by omogenaija(f): 1:04am On Mar 29, 2006
what kind of clothes do u design ??
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by hotangel2(f): 4:58am On Mar 29, 2006
You are to design the kinda cloths that express your kind of fashion. If you wanna do it punk, go punksih, if you wanan be preppy, go the preppy way. But in this new age, it'll be better for you to bring out something new but sassy, sexy, sophisticated. Something you know people will be willing to wear (although it's new).
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by IroroRoyal(f): 2:00am On Sep 20, 2006
SABI SAAAAAAAABI ,over sabi house wife wen dey call husband DADDY, i no call person nameoooooo
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by IroroRoyal(f): 3:04am On Sep 20, 2006
Bro Zooto i agreed with mrs lectureral i think she said it all take her advice, mrs lectureral elle S' appelle hot ,angel D'accord? .mama ca, va?
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by IroroRoyal(f): 6:33am On Sep 20, 2006
i dedicate this special number to the one and only hot angel

eflevor eflevor you go woundooo
eflevor eflevor say WAAAAT[ :P2x], mummy don't md me i just dey gbadu your style has in i like it when people sound like you, ciao ciao up u say Amen
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by DaSlEek(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2006
I want to be a fashion designer? Who knows any fashion designing school in Lagos? where I can get courses on Suit making,Shirts and trousers and Native wears also.please post them!
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Motee(f): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2006
Could someone that has an idea respond to the above post as it will do some of us a favour. Thanks.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Motee(f): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2007
nikky africana at allen avenue, lagos i just heard!
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by chicago: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2007
PLEASE IS THERE ANY FASHION SCHOOL HERE IN ENUGU.
PLEASEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Bonie(m): 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2007
Hi Nairalander, did anyone know any good fashion design school in Abuja
I will appreciate ur response
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by jjuummaaii(f): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2007
fashion sch in Abuja
Women Development Center Opposite CBN, Area 11.
it runs bi-annually, so the next batch will be in July registration usually starts from May so get your forms early if u are interested because there's always limited spaces, think its 12k for the course (6mnths)

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design As A Career by 2fine4u(f): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2007
i didnt read most of the responses so maybe my point has be made but neways you can major in fashion design. there's actually a bachelor's degree in fashion design. shuu u can be next Dolce and Gabbana. goodluck!
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Bonie(m): 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2007
hi jummy thanks alot for the information, am grateful, take good care of yourself. cheers
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by whiteNkem(f): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2007
Now they even have fashion faculty in universities so if you really want to make this a career you should go for it! Of course, in order to succeed you definitely need good talent, skills, imagination. It would be advisable to work in the field for a while so you can gather experience and learn all the 'tricks'.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Seun(m): 12:41am On Sep 16, 2007
Hmmm. You really mean tailoring, right?
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Puna2sure(f): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
I have strong passion 4 fashion desing and want 2 pursue it as a career. Need info 4rm a very good designer. will love 2 learn directly.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by toytuns(f): 6:12am On Jan 07, 2011
Puna2sure:

I have strong passion 4 fashion desing and want 2 pursue it as a career. Need info 4rm a very good designer. will love 2 learn directly.

where are you located. Puna
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Mcleo007(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
toytuns:

I share same passion as well. I'm located in lagos, magodo gra. Would love to meet and learn all kinds of fashion skills. Thanks
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Puna2sure(f): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
toytuns:

hi Toytuns, stay in Lagos. Ojo-Alaba area 2 be precise.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by toytuns(f): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2011
Puna2sure:

hi Toytuns, stay in Lagos. Ojo-Alaba area 2 be precise.
Mcleo007:

I share same passion as well. I'm located in lagos, magodo gra. Would love to meet and learn all kinds of fashion skills. Thanks

I use to have a friend fashion designer, she always come to Lagos one or twice a year to teach fashion design.
She lives in US. I learned a lot from her.
I spoke with her yesterday.
She just had a baby so she said she might not be coming in another 2 years.

I will keep you posted if she happens to come before then.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Mcleo007(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
Thanks. Would appreciate that.
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Puna2sure(f): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2011
toytuns:

I use to have a friend fashion designer, she always come to Lagos one or twice a year to teach fashion design.
She lives in US. I learned a lot from her.
I spoke with her yesterday.
She just had a baby so she said she might not be coming in another 2 years.

I will keep you posted if she happens to come before then.

Hi Toytuns, thanx a whole lot. Sure wiil apprecite that. Stay blessed. Pls can i have your e-mail add?
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by toytuns(f): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
Puna2sure:

Hi Toytuns, thanx a whole lot. Sure wiil apprecite that. Stay blessed. Pls can i have your e-mail add?

bikybtq@yahoo.com
Re: Fashion Design As A Career by Adamburns: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
According to me the fashion designing as a career is very good there are lots of scope for the job and the relation are going very ahead with the celebrity too.If you are a designer, you accept to apperceive how to sew wat you design, abnormally if you are a "beginner". If you bloom, you can now appoint humans that'll sow the apparel yo design, infact you can even appoint humans that'll plan calm with you on the apparel you design.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sagging / How To Take Care Of Gold Plated Jewellery-->must Read For All Ladies / How To Cut A Kaftan Gown And How To Sew A Kaftan Gown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.