Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom (3677 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / 'Jaguar': Old Nigerian Sitcom / Sitcom Vs Soap Opera Vs TV Drama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2007
Let's Create A New Sitcom: For Writers

Dear writers,

I've been working on making a sitcom for a while, but it seems I just can't write it alone. For example, I've been staring at a blank page for 2 days now. Lots of ideas, but no script, because writing is hard.

I want us to form a writing team of 2-4 writers to write the initial episodes of the sitcom I'm personally working on before December. Basically, I want to buy your time for a wonderful creative experience.
[s]
The way I imagine it, we'll be sitting down in a circle, discussing the characters, coming up with plot ideas, lines of dialogue, et cetera. And I'll be the guy with the laptop, moderating the discussions and typing everything down. This will all take place in a hall I've secured, located in Sango Ota, starting in a week or two.
[/s]
I already have a small database of well developed characters, story ideas, and settings that we can start with. I just need you to help me turn all of this into a script. As for the size of the team, there's safety in numbers - US sitcoms can have up to 8 writers, but I'm going to manage just 2-4 in addition to myself.

I'll be paying each writer something nice for each episode we manage to complete. What I can pay depends on how good I think you are, so I'll be collecting writing samples and testing you with a generic comedic scene. I may pay some people in advance if I deem that reasonable.

Just send me a few original, short, funny scripts, on any topic. Something that tells me that you can write funny stories and funny dialogue (important in sitcoms). Send it to [b][/b] with your name, address (Lagos/Ogun I hope) and phone number, and something that will make your application stand out.

I am waiting to be impressed by the best and funniest writers on this forum. Cheers!

Seun.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by yicob(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2007
ok sir, hoping to do something with you.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Scopium: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2007
Goody Lucky on your Sitcomy
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by runsaway: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2007
when is the deadline for turning in the stories?
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by krisbobo(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2007
Wish you all the best seun.

I would have been there to contribute, at no cost, but am on location from Sunday 28th for about 3 weeks to shoot a new series.

Hope this works out well and you achieve your aim.

goodluck
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by crazyT(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2007
Seun I'll love to join the crew, you only need to pay for my Tee-fare which is about 850 Euro (via KLM) So what do you say to that? grin
Men! I wish you all the best.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Orikinla(m): 1:24am On Oct 26, 2007
Seun,
A script development workshop is a great method.

I believe you have enough of your own original scripts to produce your pilot.

Try to work with what you have in your hands first.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by akym(m): 1:29am On Oct 26, 2007
What ever
  Goodluck
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Olumide7(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2007
Can those of us living outside Nigeria send some of our ideas?
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by McDoe(m): 9:21am On Oct 26, 2007
This is nice but I don't have full control of my time. Still considering available options anyway
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by janami(f): 11:52am On Oct 26, 2007
i hope u like the script that i send. Goodluck though smiley
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by smile4kenn(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2007
I am currently writing my first novel, which i think its a brand new novel, I am exploring a story from two large country, i created my characters myself
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by lucyc(f): 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2007
i would have loved to but i am 18hrs away from naija by flight.
good luck! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2007
considering the fact that you own nairaland, you have an endless supply of material. there are enough characters in nairaland to base your fictional characters on.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2007
runsaway:

when is the deadline for turning in the stories?

Try to send it before Wednesday next week, but I'll always be on the lookout for great writers.

Suggested scene: An funny argument between a husband/wife about the woman's male best friend.

Orikinla:

Seun,
A script development workshop is a great method.
Script development workshop? So that's what it's called in Nigeria? Cool; thanks for sharing!

Orikinla:

I believe you have enough of your own original scripts to produce your pilot.
Try to work with what you have in your hands first.
Thanks, but my stuff just isn't funny enough for a sitcom. I can't afford to compromise on the script.

This is nice but I don't have full control of my time. Still considering available options anyway
Contact me anyway. If you are a very funny writer, anything is possible. I could buy your weekends.

i would have loved to but i am 18hrs away from naija by flight.
I can work with people based abroad, through the Internet, but paying them might be a challenge.

considering the fact that you own nairaland, you have an endless supply of material. there are enough characters in nairaland to base your fictional characters on.
Material for a script? endless supply. A funny, well-balanced script? scarce.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by akara(m): 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2007
I am not a writer but I think Nairaland has enough materials that can be developed for a 100 episodes.

Good luck guys.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by hafees: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
i[b] just saw ur posting and it seems i just found a better half for myself, as i just finished writing my own sitcom and i need another challenge. well i like to call myself an established writer having work with greats like Tunji Bamishigbin (Fortunes, Palace etc) on his new effort Kamsons and Neigbours. i have also done some stuff for Tajudeen Adepetu of Consolidated Media( soundcity,family circle etc). kindly contact if you need help with ur scripts but i will only be available on weekends, my wekdays are chocking. also i will be willing to walk with people abroad who desire writers but sitcoms and books 8
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by kuwena(m): 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2007
Seun, I am game. I do have talent, and I know I can write or co-write a sitcom. Do contact me, and feel very free to buy my weekends. 08063684321. Thanks.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by mattosan: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2007
seun hi, i'm te guy from G65 & unity 102.3fm really wish to join but enuf dey me hand bt if you don't mind at no cost i can vet for you and i commend you fro this move pls bring back the days where tv was spectacular to watch(bassy and comp, second chance, new masquerade e.t.c)and i beg everyone to break a leg(not literarly o) and don't do this for money but for future.God's grace y'all
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2007
@hafees, kuwena: thanks a million. I'm yet to receive your sample script. Writers write. wink

mattosan: Thanks. I'm really feeling you: what happened to all those wonderful and funny shows?

Here's the funny thing - I'm yet to receive any funny script sample in my mailbox. What's up, guys?
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by sammyjl(f): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2007
shocked
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Tosbi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2007
Thats really cool. well as a playwright, i will try and work on that. but one more thing. As a debute movie, you have to make sure it is good enough to bring you to limelight and display your professionalism. First impression they say matters most.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by saucekid(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ seun,

you can count on my services anytime. i might not be opportuned to write scripts because of my job but i can give guidelines as to what should be done.

if there's anything, please do let me know but i'm still on the look for someone with 'the gift' you want,

da sauce
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by powerofmap(m): 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2007
Sup Seun I think I could help in any other sitcom but commedy keh, My joke sef no fit move mouth not to talk of laugh, Wish ya All da Best Bro
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by duksyjay: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2007
Hi mate saw ur post on naira,being tryin to fix my bro up wit sometin of that nature because hes one hell of a good writer,though he is in skool at d moment and workin on a book,wats ur digits so i culd giv ya a call and we talk
cheers

babs
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by duksyjay: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2007
forgot 2 leave my digits,u can cal me on 08029573726,018521075 and u wont regret workin wit him.holla
Babs
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by shamass77(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2007
Be careful Seun or you will be dealing with the likes of Etteh kete. You know what i mean. As for the script workshop, that's where i got a prob. My station works 24 hrs non-stop and my dept works with a duty roaster, its difficult trying to steal time off the roaster, but i'll sure get back to you as per the demo sdcript dear. Ohh! Sorry, i meant your Excellency.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by tommyex(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2007
I jus wantd 2 wish u goodluck,Because i see a bright future in this SITCOM Move.

I wont be of help now,because for now i have not discovered my talent in writingif i have 1 that is,my search time begins now, .

But i have some talent in acting and directing esp comedy-oriented scriptsnot a master o,bt i know i can help,so mayb when it gets to that time i will surely try to be of help,I beg bone money 4 now oo,mayb transport and feeding will be good for those that will pertake.

By the way i ll tell some talented writer to try to send her stuff to you.

Good luck 1ce again,
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by koko777(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2007
@seun, i'll fwd a contact to you as soon as I get the consent of the person. Great job! keep it up!
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2007
I've been waiting, waiting, waiting for the writer that will make my day. Someone who can actually write comedy.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by olulu(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2007
writin, readin and dancing are my hobbies, and i do have plenty write-ups. been lookin for a medium to express me self. thus
i will try and 4ward 1 or 2 of my articles 2u, if u like them cool, then holla back olulu4ever@yahoo.co.uk,
if not embarassed, well, em, burn them grin. but would really like to have ur view either it goes, cos i know i have a flair towards comedy, since been naughty is my nature.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Smigel: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2007
How much is the pay grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spartacus-(fan Page) / T.v Series Or Movies? / If 'django' Was 10 Times Shorter and 100 Times More Honest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.