Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! (11676 Views)

See Photos From Traffic Robbery On Mile 2 Last Night / Photos From Robbery On Ikorodu Road This Morning / Update on the armed robbery attack on Eko Bridge this morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by ijigbamigb(m): 6:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
laugh wan destroy my virginity  ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by segunjowo(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
na wa oh!
I was robbed on that same bridge on saturday, of N500 by one man on a bike. He pretended to wanted to help me when my car broke down some few meters to Yaba/Ebute metta exit going to the Island. He demanded for money to help me buy pure water to put on my radiator. I gave him N500. but then, someone came behind me and gave me some water. The moment I left my car to collect the water, the guy had already removed the ignition switch from the engine. I started my car thereafter but for where? the car no dey start again oh! He offered to help tow the car to ebbute metta and demanded for N7000, saying it's better than for LATSMA to come around and seize my car! As an engineer, and knowing my car and it's behaviour, instinct urged me to check the engine for any tampering, knowing I left the guy with my car hood opened while I went for water. Lo and behold, the ignition switched had been removed! I quietly fix the switch while the guy looked on. I bet he underestimated me. I nearly cut his hands while closing the hood. I started my car one time: the engine came back to life! I requested the bike man to refund my money he refused and started his bike and ran away. can u beat that?
Warning: If you see any fake samaritan pretending to want to help you do anything on your car on to that bridge, watch it. ok?
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by Osama10(m): 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
GboyegaD:

^^^ Sometimes I think they are handicapped and sometimes, I believe they are aware of it. One truly find it amusing that they rob people right in their presence.

Looks unlikely to me oh,lets leave the gist because this na public place oh. grin

I hope you know what I mean.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by halavoke: 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
Police men r tifs 2, som def do rob also so dnt b surprised. Na naija we is!
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by nomorename(f): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
Am confused
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by JayKid1(m): 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2012
Gave him the gun But he only asked for the PORSCHE phone  grin  grin  grin
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by muyoto: 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
Intrepid!:

A rolled up glass offers scant protection against desperate criminals.

I wonder why folks are saying "she should have rolled up her window''.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by studyineu: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
Rolled up window or not rolled up no matter. Werrin go happen go happen
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by ifyalways(f): 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
The question is,had the lady resisted,screamed for help would anyone have come out of his/her car to help accost the petty theif?
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by kizito96(m): 12:35am On Mar 06, 2012
Most of those guns are toys
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by dayokanu(m): 2:35am On Mar 06, 2012
She should have given her bra
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by lekzy007(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2012
muyoto:

I wonder why folks are saying "she should have rolled up her window''.
We should pray for God protection inside traffic,even when you roll up your glass and someone flash you gun wont you comply,
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by NijoRah: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2012
shocked Here is the solution
1. The lady should pray
2. Give the guy a gun
3. Roll up her window
4. Take off her Bra and give it to the guy @ dayokanu
5. The guy robs a Pure water sales man, then get some water @segunjowo
6. Add the water to the hot dizzy lady's radiator cheesy
7. Who then prays @lexy_007
8. And it's a wonderful hot experience, and the guy still ends up with two guns since the initial writer has not retract the typo

What ya think? wink
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by Essgee: 8:06am On Mar 06, 2012
D lady couldnt hav had gun with her, it's mere error from the person dat posted d topic. I am sure he wanted to say and "she him d fone" and not d gun.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by NijoRah: 8:11am On Mar 06, 2012
shocked Really, for real? I don't know. You may be right, I just didn't understand the english. As you can tell, am really serious about my post, I miss understood, but thanks for clearing that up @EssGe and I am glad for your clarification. Thanks love ya cool
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by alex406(m): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2012
alfablondy:

D lady dey smart, she no wan part with her BB, may be because of some vital code or info whey dey there. she decided to give him the gun. The guy left with 2 Guns I am sure he will be much satisfied, with an extra gun he can get as many BB or phones as possible  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cant stop laughing.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by Essgee: 8:59am On Mar 06, 2012
Let's be objective and serious in all our submissions in this forum. D lady gave up d fone and not gun as mistakenly posted here. I wish d poster makes correction to put all in d right picture and perception, cheers!!!
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by Jemibee: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2012
Since the robber was armed, even if her glass was rolled up completely, he could still have attacked her. Or don't bullets pierce thru glass again??

How else could she have been watchful in traffic?? it was just a mere coincidence her glass was down. With all this i don't think she could do anythg other than obey the robber's instructions.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by VirtuousWoman: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2012
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CONCLUDED THAT SHE GAVE HIM THE "GUN" INSTEAD OF THE "PHONE".
MAY YOU NEVER SEE A GUN POINTED AT YOUR FACE IN LIFE.

IF SHE HAD A GUN WITHIN REACH IN THE CAR, DEFINITELY SHE WOULD HAVE SHOT HIM AS HE WAS EXPECTING HER TO GIVE HIM SOMETHING (THE PHONE).

THANK GOD FOR DELIVERANCE. THE GUY WOULD GO SELL THE PHONE AND SMOKE SOME WEED WITH IT AND BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
I PRAY HE GETS CAUGHT BEFORE HE GETS SOMEONE ELSE.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by blackboy12(m): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2012
she gave him a Gun, LMKMD so tey i laugh go join boko haram instead of the CABALS, see me see wahala o,
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by savanto: 10:51am On Mar 06, 2012
GboyegaD (m)
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning!
« #26 on: Yesterday at 06:14:33 PM »

It is a nasty experience I must confess. I witnessed some on eko bridge and each time I remember, I get scared. The worst was the day the guy next to me was robbed on the bridge and since then, I wait until about 10 - 11pm before leaving the office so that the road can be free. The funny part is that sometimes around Apongbon, there are policemen there and yet these guys rob successfully.

What if your car breaks down on the bridge at that un-godly hour? A man runs from a snake only to meet a lion in front of him! You can leave early and be robbed; just as you can leave office late and be robbed. The woman should have blasted in other tongues ( you should know what I mean if you are born-again and spirit filled) I only but wonder what the woman (victim in this context) done with the WORD OF GOD!!
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by niddamugu(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2012
savanto:

What if your car breaks down on the bridge at that un-godly hour? A man runs from a snake only to meet a lion in front of him! You can leave early and be robbed; just as you can leave office late and be robbed. The woman should have blasted in other tongues ( you should know what I mean if you are born-again and spirit filled) I only but wonder what the woman (victim in this context) done with the WORD OF GOD!!

Pray you don't find yourself in such situation.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by savanto: 11:25am On Mar 06, 2012

I have been through it several times in recent past. To be precise "Charity Bus stop" along Oshodi- Apapa expressway. They are always there. Also in the past, i used to take night buses to the east to do my business. i do not want to recount my experiences on the highway because i don't want to bore you with details. Any robber that crosses my path fails. It is not by power, it's not by might, but by the spirit of God that these things come to be. It is just a pity that on the last day, God would look at some xtians with so much disappointment on his face and ask them what they have done with the WORD OF GOD in their mouth in time of calamity. I just happen to know who I am. The zeal of the lord has consumed me, not my fault. Christianity is not a religion. It is the God kind of life in man. I can know this much and yet be subjected to attacks of robbers. There is something inside of you, discover it and live a victorious life on earth.

My life is a testimony. I wish I could share it on this forum. Everything about my life is a testimony to the glory of God.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by PROUDTOBENAIJA(m): 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2012
MR/MRS/MISS SAVANTO,
CONGRATULATIONS, I DO BELIEVE DAT GOD IS ABLE TO MAKE ALL GRACE ABOUND TOWARDS US.
I BELIVE D WORD OF GOD CAN PREVAIL IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, BUT I DO NOT THINK IT IS A SIN TO GIVE THANKS TO GOD FOR A LOST PHONE OTHER THAN A SAVED LIFE.
IT IS BECAUSE OF CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU THAT OTHER CHRISTIANS ARE ASHAMED TO TESTIFY OF THE DAILY SMALL/BIG MIRACLES THEY RECEIVE FROM GOD.
IF U WERE SO PERFECT U SHOULD NOT BE HERE ON EARTH. I AM SURE U WORSHIP WITH CHRIST EMBASSY,
PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL. REMEMBER GOD RESISTS THE PROUD BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.
SO LONG AS YOU ARE ON THIS EARTH, YOU WILL BE TEMPTED SOMEDAY, SOMEHOW. I PRAY YOUR STRENGHT IS NOT SMALL ON D DAY OF YOUR OWN.

CONGRATS FOR KNOWING WHO U ARE.
I REJOICE WITH THE WOMAN IN QUESTION, FOR GOD'S PROTECTION. LET THE PHONE GO!
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by niddamugu(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
PROUDTOBENAIJA:

MR/MRS/MISS SAVANTO,
CONGRATULATIONS, I DO BELIEVE DAT GOD IS ABLE TO MAKE ALL GRACE ABOUND TOWARDS US.
I BELIVE D WORD OF GOD CAN PREVAIL IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, BUT I DO NOT THINK IT IS A SIN TO GIVE THANKS TO GOD FOR A LOST PHONE OTHER THAN A SAVED LIFE.
IT IS BECAUSE OF CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU THAT OTHER CHRISTIANS ARE ASHAMED TO TESTIFY OF THE DAILY SMALL/BIG MIRACLES THEY RECEIVE FROM GOD.
IF U WERE SO PERFECT U SHOULD NOT BE HERE ON EARTH. I AM SURE U WORSHIP WITH CHRIST EMBASSY,
PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL. REMEMBER GOD RESISTS THE PROUD BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.
SO LONG AS YOU ARE ON THIS EARTH, YOU WILL BE TEMPTED SOMEDAY, SOMEHOW. I PRAY YOUR STRENGHT IS NOT SMALL ON D DAY OF YOUR OWN.

CONGRATS FOR KNOWING WHO U ARE.
I REJOICE WITH THE WOMAN IN QUESTION, FOR GOD'S PROTECTION. LET THE PHONE GO!

Hmmmm!

savanto:

I have been through it several times in recent past. To be precise "Charity Bus stop" along Oshodi- Apapa expressway. They are always there. Also in the past, i used to take night buses to the east to do my business. i do not want to recount my experiences on the highway because i don't want to bore you with details. Any robber that crosses my path fails. It is not by power, it's not by might, but by the spirit of God that these things come to be. It is just a pity that on the last day, God would look at some xtians with so much disappointment on his face and ask them what they have done with the WORD OF GOD in their mouth in time of calamity. I just happen to know who I am. The zeal of the lord has consumed me, not my fault. Christianity is not a religion. It is the God kind of life in man. I can know this much and yet be subjected to attacks of robbers. There is something inside of you, discover it and live a victorious life on earth.

My life is a testimony. I wish I could share it on this forum. Everything about my life is a testimony to the glory of God.

From your testimonies, I hope you are not the one actually perpetrating these acts. You seem to be very familiar with their "spots". My mouth shut up O! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by Easybaby(f): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2012
most people here are illiterate, they can not read at all

pls make una read that post very well. I was that lady they robbed. I gave him phone not gun and the robber disappeared
it was that armed robber here on Nairaland, yes he is a member SAMMIRANO . . . .CHECK HIS NAME . , cos he modified the post and wrote gun instead of phone and some mumu here started posting without reading angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by niddamugu(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
Easybaby:

most people here are illiterate, they can not read at all

pls make una read that post very well. I was that lady they robbed. I gave him phone not gun and the robber disappeared
it was that armed robber here on Nairaland, yes he is a member SAMMIRANO . . . .CHECK HIS NAME . , cos he modified the post and wrote gun instead of phone and some mumu here started posting without reading angry angry angry angry angry

It was all part of the fun Babe wink wink wink wink. People caught fun all through yesterday and up till now grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by miccodb(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
kai but some peepo are wicked o!!!! una jus turn dis whole thing to comedy.
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by NijoRah: 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2012
angry
I am not happy that this message has gone from Dick tracy Analysis to Pastor Federick Ministry. On the other hand, I had several guns pointed at me, I have carried machine guns, riffles E.t.c If you doubt me I have pictures I will post them.

But when I was in the line of fire, I was confident, yet afraid, but rest assured because I put my faith in The Lord, not in a pastor or double life charade. I had a personal relationship with Him so I was protected.

Not to preach to the quire, especially when am not reciting a Sermon on the mountain cheesy, I survived getting lost in middle of a village where people were being shot at and blow up, I digress.

Back to the issue at hand. My Analysis: The lady may have been in a bullet proof Vehicle that is why it's good to roll the window up, but make sure you can afford AC in your car and bullet proof window Or you will be forced to roll it down, and then your vehicle will over heat.
Should your vehicle overheat, you will have to buy Pure water, and we know what happen to the last guy that tried to do that in that location - check previous posts.
good luck -- wink
If you have to roll the window down, then you "the lady" must have kept an extra gun to give to any attacker that wants your phone or purse @Esselady
Re: Robbery On 3rd-mainland Bridge This Monday Morning! by Limaoscar: 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2012
Now its as come to this. To use a gun rob a phone. Huh God where this country is heading to

Noooooooo, you're missing the point. what is actually in now is to use a gun to rob a more sophisticated gun. didn't you read the post? tongue shocked shocked grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Police Arrest SE Syndicate Responsible For Child Kidnapping And Trafficking / Police Arrest Four For Hijacking Tricycle In Adamawa / 70-Year-Old Man Remanded For Allegedly Raping, Killing Teenager In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.