Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips (6025 Views)

Man Finds Dead Rat In Grilled Full Chicken He Purchased...(pics) / Photo See How Fresh A Grilled Crocodile Is / I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
You might say its strange for a guy to be on the food section with so much interest on this Kinda topic, But seriously Barcelos don too chop my money,
Aboki too don chop am in quest for the Flamed Grilled one's,
Shoprite Kai Chips and Grilled Chicken grin.

Infact am a fan of anyfin Grilled or Barbecue like Chicken,

Then i thought to myself, that instead of wasting money everyday to these people why can't i make mine by myself, So i decided to buy a KENWOOD Microwave with Grill ,

Now i have it, but i don't know how they go about Grilling Chicken or seasoning it, cry

I have been using it like a conventional Microwave cry

Can a Grill expert please help sad
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 06, 2012
If i had psted this in romance, i would have gotten a minimum of 50 replies, But here in d food section, if you are not an expert with Local food, every1 sees u as a crazy dude yarning ballz, SmH @ d moderator and d users of this particular threado
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by MissyB3(f): 10:10am On Mar 06, 2012
Ijogz K:

If i had psted this in romance, i would have gotten a minimum of 50 replies,
Of what quality?  tongue
Ijogz K:

if you are not an expert with Local food, every1 sees u as a crazy dude yarning ballz,  SmH @ d moderator and d users of this particular threado
This isn't true.  wink

I'm not a fan of grilled foods and I seldom grill in MW but here's what I got for you online:

Directions

1. Wash and dry the chicken and remove the skin if desired

2. For one kind of filling, sprinkle the chicken with seasoned pepper; remove the bacon rind and bones and wrap them around the chicken
3. As another option, mix tomato sauce with soy sauce and crush over the chicken and sprinkle with seasoned pepper
4. Yet another option is to mix butter with mustard and brush over the chicken and then sprinkle with seasoned pepper, tarragon and cornflake crumbs
5. Place the chicken underside facing up on a Microware roasting rack and microwave for five minutes; turn the chicken over and microwave for another ten minutes

OR

This one I saw some time ago and thought I'd like to try it out.

Ingredients

Boneless Chicken : 250Gms
Any Chicken 65 Masala : 2 Table Spoons (I used Aachi)
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1/2 Table Spoon
Salt : To Taste
Oil : 1 Tea Spoon
Lime : Sprinkles
Satay Sticks

Microwavable Bowl, Preferably wide mouthed.

Take  the Chicken and dice to Small Pieces. In a bowl mix all the Ingredients well and set aside for 15 Mins.

Take the satay sticks and soak them in water for a few mins and grease them each with one drop of oil. This will ensure the chicken doesnt stick to the satay sticks and comes out freely when its cooked.

Pierce the marinated chicken in the satay sticks and Cook for 13 minutes in Grill mode.

Arrange the satay sticks as shown in the picture on the microwaveable utensil. This will ensure all the fat drops settle out in the center and doesnt mess your Oven.

At the tenth minute, just roll the chicken pieces once so that it cooks evenly.

Let it stand for 2 more minutes.

Remove from oven, Slide them out of Satay sticks and Serve. Garnish with Coriander and onion.

Hopefully, you get more replies soon from the experts.  smiley
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by yme1(f): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2012
Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe

Ingredients:
4 skinless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/3 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried thyme)
1/3 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
1.Place the chicken breasts within a folded piece of plastic wrap. Slightly flatten upper portion of each breast with the broad side of a chef’s knife to promote even grilling. Place breasts in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
2.Place mustard, vinegar, garlic, honey, thyme, salt and pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir with fork to combine. Add oil and whisk to combine marinade.
3.Pour marinade over breasts. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice in marinade, for at least 2 hours, or up to 4 hours. Remove breasts from marinade, scraping any bits clinging to chicken back into the shallow dish.
4.Transfer all marinade to small saucepan and bring to a boil; reserve.
5.Lightly grease grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Place breasts on grill. Cook covered with lid, basting frequently with marinade, until tender, approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side.

Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by MissyB3(f): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2012
Lol! Y me, I can see your posts.
Stop reposting, otherwise the spambot will continue to seize your post and ban you.
I've drawn Seun's attention to it, hopefully he acts soon.
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2012
Thank Missy B, I hope its not more complicated than i fink it is, Plus those seasoning sounds funny,

I keep getting notification for "Y me" post, but see norring
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by MissyB3(f): 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2012
Ijogz K:

Thank Missy B, I hope its not more complicated than i fink it is,  Plus those seasoning sounds funny, 

I keep getting notification for "Y me" post, but see norring 
The spambot seized her posts, you'll be able to view them when the admin 'releases' them.
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by firestar(f): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
smiley
Missy B, those recipes sounds delish!
For the ingredients to really seep in, I recommend you marinade it.
A ziplock bag or an alternative.
-Place the chicken into the bag with the ingredients, zip it, leave for half an hour then grill to perfection.

Cheers!
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
firestar:

smiley
Missy B, those recipes sounds delish!
For the ingredients to really seep in, I recommend you marinade it.
A ziplock bag or an alternative.
-Place the chicken into the bag with the ingredients, zip it, leave for half an hour then grill to perfection.

Cheers!
You guys are talking like y'all r in Yankee or Jand, Or is it cuz am a guy? Where in Agege or Oshodi Market can i get these recipes,

@Firestar how do i get a Marinade? You can create ur own Ziplock na(polybag and staple it cheesy)? Abi

Or is dat also an ingredient?
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by firestar(f): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
cheesy
Yankee ke?
If you don't have a ziplock bag, then use something similar to a transparent polythene.

Place your chicken in a bowl, mix your selected ingredients in well, then place them all in the bag.
Make certain your chicken marinade is airtight for the next half-hour.
Meanwhile heat your grill.
After the time's up, remove marinade from the bag and set on grill.
Turn the meat periodically until golden and do make sure the flesh is cooked.
NB: Go to where market women sell salad ingredients. They'll be able to help with ingredient mix you're not familiar with.
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2012
Would i be able to get the Marinade sauce @ Shoprite?

Am i to keep the Grill on while i leave the Chickens to soak in the Marinade sauce?   

Then do i still need to add salt, seasoning, i know that i still have to rub it a bit with oil? Or don't i?
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by yme1(f): 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
Finally!!!
I nor know wetin I do the silly antispam oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
Lol , Since morning grin @ Y ma
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by yme1(f): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
Ijogz K:

Lol , Since morning grin @ Y ma
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
Oya wot was ur contribution, I hope dey don't ban u again, grin

Firestar still waiting 4 ur response sha, :
smiley
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by yme1(f): 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2012
Missy_B:

Lol! Y me, I can see your posts.
Stop reposting, otherwise the spambot will continue to seize your post and ban you.
I've drawn Seun's attention to it, hopefully he acts soon.
Thanks darling cheesy

Ijogz K:

Oya wot was ur contribution, I hope dey don't ban u again, grin

Firestar still waiting 4 ur response sha, :
smiley
grin
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by yme1(f): 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2012
Grilled Chicken bosom Recipe

Ingredients:

4 skinless chicken bosom halves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/3 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried thyme)
1/3 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil

[b]Directions:[/b]1.Place the chicken bosoms within a folded piece of plastic wrap. Slightly flatten upper portion of each bosom with the broad side of a chef’s knife to promote even grilling. Place bosoms in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
2.Place mustard, vinegar, garlic, honey, thyme, salt and pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir with fork to combine. Add oil and whisk to combine marinade.
3.Pour marinade over bosoms. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice in marinade, for at least 2 hours, or up to 4 hours. Remove bosoms from marinade, scraping any bits clinging to chicken back into the shallow dish.
4.Transfer all marinade to small saucepan and bring to a boil; reserve.
5.Lightly grease grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Place bosoms on grill. Cook covered with lid, basting frequently with marinade, until tender, approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side.

Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by nonnyp(f): 10:40am On May 03, 2012
Is grilled same thing as suya?
Re: Grilled Chicken: Preparation Tips by eseogene: 7:27pm On May 11, 2012
Ijogz K: Would i be able to get the Marinade sauce @ Shoprite?

Am i to keep the Grill on while i leave the Chickens to soak in the Marinade sauce?   

Hey dude, there is nothing like marinade sauce it's just an English word that means allow all your seasoning to soak into the chicken or whatever it is you seasoned before cooking.

(1) (Reply)

Chicken Shawarma Or Beef Shawarma? / Pumpkins Wage War Against Cancer / Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.