Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? (3752 Views)

James The Just, The Brother Of Yeshua The Mesaiah(aka Jesus) / Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Christians That Can Speak Hebrew- Yeshua( Jesus Or Joshua) He Is Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 06, 2012
it is common knowledge that Jesus is the greek version of Yeshua which is the hebrew name of the Man from Nazareth. so why is the name Jesus now powerful, what about Yeshua?

If i say in the name of Jesus, am i also saying the same thing as in the name of Yeshua?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 06, 2012
If you say Jesus Christ, would i be wrong if i put it as Yeshua Christ? are they the same thing and the same powers?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Image123(m): 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2012
God understands all languages.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by FXKing2012(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2012
Yet another low on intelligence but high on ignorance question by Her Excellency, diluminati!
Abeg make una reply nah make e no be like say her question is way too dumb to warrant an answer.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
FXKing2012:

Yet another low on intelligence but high on ignorance question by Her Excellency, diluminati!
Abeg make una reply nah make e no be like say her question is way too dumb to warrant an answer.

low on intelligence? You are sure a damn smart doofus! You bless me here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887043.0.html#msg10338466 and you insult me outrightly again. Are you a psycho? do you have split personality disorder?

Back to the topic

Christians
tell us in what name do you pray? in Jesus or Yeshua? and why.

Jesus is greek, Yeshua is hebrew, but while pray in the name of Jesus and not Yeshua? Coz i'll be made to believe hebrew is the basis of the bible and not greek.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by FXKing2012(m): 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
diluminati:

low on intelligence? You are sure a damn smart doofus! You bless me here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887043.0.html#msg10338466 and you insult me outrightly again. Are you a psycho? do you have split personality disorder?

You know I love u darling. Remain blessed in the Lord, I love you but Jesus loves you more.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
i'm sensing sexual innuendos from that your 'loving'. are you for real?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by FXKing2012(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2012
diluminati:

i'm sensing intimate innuendos from that your 'loving'. are you for real?

I could very well be, ours might just the be 1st to happen via NL.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Goshen360(m): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

I could very well be, ours might just the be 1st to happen via NL.

diluminati:

i'm sensing intimate innuendos from that your 'loving'. are you for real?

Anything is possible and I might as well be the priest grin grin grin
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Goshen360(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
diluminati:

Back to the topic

Christians
tell us in what name do you pray? in Jesus or Yeshua? and why.

Jesus is greek, Yeshua is hebrew, but while pray in the name of Jesus and not Yeshua? Coz i'll be made to believe hebrew is the basis of the bible and not greek.

The new testament was written in Greek from the scroll version. Old testament was written in Hebrews. Aside, Yeshua (Joshua) is a type and shadow of Jesus Christ that gave the Inheritance to the Children of Israel. Anyway, don't worry, I hope to start some teachings before the end of this year.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by FXKing2012(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
goshen360:

Anything is possible and I might as well be the priest  grin grin grin

And I'd be happy to make joagbaje my best man. Nati, who's gonna be your CBM?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Goshen360(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

And I'd be happy to make joagbaje my best man.[color=#990000] Nati, who's gonna be your CBM?[/color]

Let's wait for her response. I will love to fly in from US with the King's Anointing to join ya both,lol grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
i'm sorry fx, i'm not into men. and i dont think any man would want to stay with me. two weeks and he'll be like fried meat. trust me.

@goshen

I dont get you. are you saying Jesus was Jesus's hebrew name? I thought Jesus was the greek version of Yeshua and i found out in old Isreal times the men usually had the father's name as the surname so Jesus hebrew name may have been Yeshua bin Yoseph.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Goshen360(m): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2012
diluminati:

i'm sorry fx, i'm not into men. and i dont think any man would want to stay with me. two weeks and he'll be like fried meat. trust me.

@goshen

I dont get you. are you saying Jesus was Jesus's hebrew name? I thought Jesus was the greek version of Yeshua and i found out in old Isreal times the men usually had the father's name as the surname so Jesus hebrew name may have been Yeshua bin Yoseph.

Highlighted bold, correct ma.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Joagbaje(m): 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
In the name of Jesus or yeshua doesn't make a difference. It's not in the pronounciation but in the revelation of his person.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Azibalua(f): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ni oruko Jesu
Amen
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by mabell: 12:07am On Mar 08, 2012
Ami!
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by jmoore(m): 7:22am On Mar 08, 2012
our God is not limited to one language. How can God understand only one language?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by FXKing2012(m): 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
diluminati:

Unfortunately I believe u. . .heart broken though
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by chinedumo(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
If both name refers to the same person

why should one be more powerful than the other?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by LogicMind: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2012
diluminati:

i'm sorry fx, i'm not into men.

typical naija girl.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Joagbaje(m): 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
Illuminati

Insert Quote
i'm sorry fx, i'm not into men. .

You seem to quote the bible a lot these days . What do you say about this scripture?

Romans 1:26
26 For this reason God allowed their shameful passions to control them. Their women have exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Judek2(m): 1:17am On Mar 09, 2012
diluminati:

shocked shocked VERY STRANGE. She must be a G-GIRL
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by chinedumo(m): 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

In the name of Jesus or yeshua doesn't make a difference. It's not in the pronounciation but in the revelation of his person.

very wise one from Joagbaje
Joagbaje who taught you this?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by mkmyers45(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
chinedumo:

Are you trying to insult Pastor JO?

diluminati:

Even your post is not sure you're telling the truth  grin grin grin grin
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by chinedumo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2012
mkmyers45:

Are you trying to insult Pastor JO?

is that how u see it? lipsrsealed
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Micuilles: 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2012
chinedumo:

Pastor Chris taught this. The man of God Pastor Chris is truly very sound in the teachings of God's word. The first time I heard this particular message from one of his teachings, I was miffed.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by chinedumo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2012
Micuilles:

Pastor Chris taught this. The man of God Pastor Chris is truly very sound in the teachings of God's word. The first time I heard this particular message from one of his teachings, I was miffed.

are u telling me that pastor Chris specifically said that it is neither the name Jesus or Yeshua but the revelation?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by FXKing2012(m): 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
Pls where is diluminati?
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Micuilles: 8:40am On Mar 11, 2012
wink wink wink wink
@ chinedumo:

It is the truth. Yes the name of Jesus ( in any language) is powerfull as stated by the word of God, that God has highly exhalted the name of Jesus, that at the mention of the name every knee should bow ........

But you see, the power lies in the revelation of the name to the user. Some people call Jesus casually, exclamatorily, with fear etc. Thus, not understanding the personality in the name which is a revelation of his authority. When you use the name of Jesus (in any language) in faith (without any atom of doubt), it works. There is power in the name of Jesus, Yeshua, Jesu, Yesu, etc. Just beleive.

1 Like

Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by chinedumo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
up Pastor Chris. He is doing a good Job
Micuilles: wink wink wink wink
@ chinedumo:

It is the truth. Yes the name of Jesus ( in any language) is powerfull as stated by the word of God, that God has highly exhalted the name of Jesus, that at the mention of the name every knee should bow ........

But you see, the power lies in the revelation of the name to the user. Some people call Jesus casually, exclamatorily, with fear etc. Thus, not understanding the personality in the name which is a revelation of his authority. When you use the name of Jesus (in any language) in faith (without any atom of doubt), it works. There is power in the name of Jesus, Yeshua, Jesu, Yesu, etc. Just beleive.
Re: In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
Micuilles: wink wink wink wink
@ chinedumo:

You are not getting the point here. Yeshua is the original name. That is the name "Jesus" grew up with. Jesus is greek version and corrupted from Yeshua. And from your post you are saying there is no power in the name as a standalone but you need belief and faith to activate the power while your bible quotes you wrong that In the name of "Jesus" (Yeshua) every knee must bow......." but it didnt say "In the name of Yeshua ?through faith?.........". Are you saying faith and belief is the power and not the name alone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Has Noticed This? (christians Only) / The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication / Bible Teachers, Come Unfold The Hidden Truth Between Potiphar's Wife And Joseph.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.