Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens (2036 Views)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / South Africa Now Visa-Free For Nigerian Official & Diplomatic Passport Holders / Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Row Deepens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by youngies(m): 6:02am On Mar 06, 2012
Twenty-eight South Africans were denied entry into Lagos – a tit for tat that has deepened the row between the two countries.

South Africa last Friday deported 125 Nigerians from the Oliver Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg after denying them entry into the country for allegedly possessing fake yellow fever certificates. The Federal Government frowned at the action.

The 28 passengers flew into the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos aboard a South African Airways flight at about 9.30pm.

They were expected to be deported last night or this morning.

Read more: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1011-nigeria-deports-28-south-africans-as-diplomatic-row-deepens
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by ibrokay(m): 6:18am On Mar 06, 2012
Good step.It serves them right.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 06, 2012
Something like that
They should also make HIV screening compulsory for all south african immigrants to prevent an 'epidemic'
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by youngies(m): 6:33am On Mar 06, 2012
I also agree that HIV Status Certificate will be a good per-requisite requirement before granting them access to enter Nigeria.

If our government use reciprocity measures on other countries on the way they treat Nigerians, it will all be fair and square.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by 9jaIhail(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2012
careytommy:

Something like that
They should also make HIV screening compulsory for all south african immigrants to prevent an 'epidemic'

i couldn't have said it better than this.

I want us to notice something special about GEJ Govt. He always take tough action anytime any country let Nigerians down.Do any one here remember the row between British and Nigeria over airline some time last year? Our pass leaders rulers never take it citizen at heart as we are seeing currently.Good UNCLE GEJ.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 06, 2012
I think in addition to the yellow fever certificate which has been bastardized, Nigerian government should up the HIV check for immigrants especially those from southern African countries.
GEJ well-done.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 06, 2012
Tell d world south africans r tryin to spread hiv! Dnt let dem in! Bastar.ds!!!
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by kokoA(m): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2012
Do me I do you things.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by RSA(m): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2012
Only 28 grin
Wait for the latest news from Nigerian Airline,South Africa will be deporting back more than 100 Nigerians. grin

You deport 28 we sent 200 of your people back grin
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by Jemibee: 8:59am On Mar 06, 2012
I concur to HIV screening at the airport !! Now we go see who sabi pass, EEDIOTS!!
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by Justcash(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2012
RSA:

Only 28 grin
Wait for the latest news from Nigerian Airline,South Africa will be deporting back more than 100 Nigerians. grin

You deport 28 we sent 200 of your people back grin

Wait till you hear that MTN and Multichoice has been nationalized. Maybe, we'll employ and sell their shares to all the Nigerians you'll deport from South Africa. Sheepish Nonentity like you!!!

I think it's about time the FG retruned the money I dropped as a kid to salvage these South African low lives from the claws of slavery.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by brainpulse: 9:03am On Mar 06, 2012
This is the beginning of us obtaining our respect in the community of nations. Though we have our shortcomings but we shouldn't be treated as maggots by our close door neighbors
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by aieromon(m): 9:05am On Mar 06, 2012
FGN should go for the jugular of the SA coys doing business in Nigeria.Apparently,we have more Nigerians flying out to SA compared to South Africans entering Nigeria.
Diplomatic shhhhiiiiiiiittttttt
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by jba203: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2012
All Nigerian Presidents have proved to be reactionaries. They do not initiate processes that seeks to secure that country's interests before hand, they only react after a jab. South Africa remain the only African country with a backbone to denounce that which is not in line with its foreign policy objectives.

No country is immune to HIV and Aids (Nigeria included). The South African Goverment has a long term objective in conducting statistical information regarding HIV in order to plan ahead (hence your lousy perception of SA as the capital of the desease). Fact: You only know your status after you have tested. On avarage, how many Nigerians undergo these tests? You may find that there isnt any information of that sought (Documenting these issues is crucial for the survival and the revival of socio-economic status of your people). Stigma, has always proved to be a problem in Africa (exclude RSA).

Nigeria has plenty of infected beings but the demographics are just skewed compared to that of SA due to population size. Nigeria is one volitale country that can never sustain if left unattended Foreign Direct Ivestments (E.G Corruption, Bokoharam, MEND, Religion, and the President).
It should be bourne in mind that South Africa is not a Banana Republic. Here the rule of law is key than power base governance in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Diplomatic Row Deepens by OAM4J: 9:12am On Mar 06, 2012

(1)

Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees / Diapora Kids Studying In Nigeria Secondary Schools / Get Your Belize Visa Without Any Down Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.