Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why (1706 Views)

THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles / Where Do I Find The Age Of Accountability In Bible? What About Babies Who Die ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by buzugee(m): 3:33am On Mar 07, 2012
i appreciate your answers in advance.
Re: Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by God2man(m): 7:28am On Mar 07, 2012
I can't really confirm that the book of isaiah is the most quoted, but i know that it is a prophetic book, it is full of divine revelations, when you are looking for information about the divine blueprints for the messiah you can always bank on the book of issaiah.

My best book in the Bible will always be the book of Psalm. It is a powerful book, for example, you can read psalm 91 while you are embarking on a journey, you can read psalm 23 while you are about to sleep, you can read psalm 2 and 24, 35 for spiritual warfare, for thanksgiving psalm 136 come in handy, for praises psalms 146-150, for repentance psalm 51. For general purpose psalm 91 is classical. If you want to be a spiritual giant memorize the whole psalms from the first chapter to the last chapter that is psalms 1-150. History made us to know that Apostle J.A Babalola of C.A.C memorized the whole book of psalms.
It is a biblical fact that David was a man after God's own heart, although david did not write the whole of the psalms, but reading and memorizing the book of psalms will make you to understand what is in the heart of God, for example, holiness, psalm 15"Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved."
A good christian will be at a great advantage over the devil, if he can understand all the mysteries in the book of psalms.
God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by buzugee(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
God2man:

I can't really confirm that the book of isaiah is the most quoted, but i know that it is a prophetic book, it is full of divine revelations, when you are looking for information about the divine blueprints for the messiah you can always bank on the book of issaiah.

My best book in the Bible will always be the book of Psalm. It is a powerful book, for example, you can read psalm 91 while you are embarking on a journey, you can read psalm 23 while you are about to sleep, you can read psalm 2 and 24, 35 for spiritual warfare, for thanksgiving psalm 136 come in handy, for praises psalms 146-150, for repentance psalm 51. For general purpose psalm 91 is classical. If you want to be a spiritual giant memorize the whole psalms from the first chapter to the last chapter that is psalms 1-150. History made us to know that Apostle J.A Babalola of C.A.C memorized the whole book of psalms.
It is a biblical fact that David was a man after God's own heart, although david did not write the whole of the psalms, but reading and memorizing the book of psalms will make you to understand what is in the heart of God, for example, holiness, psalm 15"Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved."
A good christian will be at a great advantage over the devil, if he can understand all the mysteries in the book of psalms.
God bless you. God2man.

reading your reply makes me want to memorise all the psalms grin great answer.
Re: Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
Songs of Solomon. I always c u m when reading it.
Re: Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by buzugee(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
diluminati:

Songs of Solomon. I always c u m when reading it.
angry grin * sprinkles holy water in thread*
Re: Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by Joagbaje(m): 4:35am On Mar 08, 2012
I think psalm is more quoted thn Isaiah
Re: Is Isaiah The Most Quoted Book In The Bible ? What Is Your Favorite Book And Why by buzugee(m): 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

I think psalm is more quoted thn Isaiah
you are definitely right. especially amongst nigerians grin grin everyone i know in nigeria has a psalm for different occasions.

(1) (Reply)

Why Should People Suffer In Hell? / Message From Our Lord Jesus Christ To Spiritual And Religious Leaders In Nigeria / 10 Mythological Ways To Become Immortal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.