Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Must They Always Get Away With It! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Must They Always Get Away With It! (898 Views)

How To Steal A Phone And Get Away With It? / Samsung Galaxy S 3 Update Does Away With Universal Search / Can I Do Away With My Laptop If I Buy Blackberry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must They Always Get Away With It! by nekkyrules: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
My BB was stolen 29th 0f feb at iyanoworo at about 7:05pm, while we were all struggling to enter a bus, the pathetic theif, stole my pone from my bag.
The whole thing put me in a foul mood all day and that week, am talking about a bold four here oh! I guess the thief found me an easy prey, since am almost like 6 months pregnant.
MTN said they can't do anything about it. Slot where i got the phone from, also said the same thing.

Am so angry at the whole thing abeg. Had many important details and documents on my phone.

please find below my BB pin and IMEI number, if there is anyway, anyone out there can help me frustrate the culprit. I will really appreciate it.

Pin:261B75E0
IMEIno: 356186043947560

Jeez!!!

Thank you.
Re: Must They Always Get Away With It! by gmcbiz(m): 12:39am On Mar 09, 2012
MTN said they can't do anything about it. Slot where i got the phone from, also said the same thing.

what were u expecting them to do?
Re: Must They Always Get Away With It! by walcolm(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2012
i agree with you and i fee the same way you do. i have lost 2 BBs in the last year. both are currently being used right now by either the original thief or the person that bought it from them

its just that its not organized but i believe it might be possible to get RIM to block the device permanently from ever using BIS but then again, once you do that there's never going to be a chance to track the person using your BB

note that the thief might sell it to another person and you wont be able to ever find the thief

my advise right now will be for you to always install BB Protect on any future BB you own. it makes it easier now to track your BB

(1) (Reply)

MTN Wonder Promo: N64m Will Go A Long Way, Says Ex-aviator / Help An Iphone Newbie / Nairaland Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.