Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes (15905 Views)

Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos / Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima / Picture Of Bill Gates And Dangote At A Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Bay1970(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2012
http://www.forbes.com/profile/aliko-dangote/gallery/2

Nigerian commodities titan Aliko Dangote is also Africa's cement king. In February, Dangote announced the opening of a new $1 billion Nigerian cement plant, which is expected to increase his company's production volume by 40% in that country. Dangote Cement's capacity is so great that the company has implored the Nigerian government to increase infrastructure investment in time to absorb what they're calling a "cement surplus." In late 2010, Dangote listed the company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, integrating his cement investments across Africa. It's now the largest company on the Nigerian exchange. He also invested $4 billion to build a new cement facility in the Ivory Coast and is building a $115 million cement plant in Cameroon, plus owns plants in Zambia, Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa. Dangote started trading commodities more than three decades ago after receiving a business loan from his uncle. He then built the Dangote Group, which in addition to cement owns sugar refineries, flour milling and salt processing facilities. Venerable philanthropist has given away millions to education, health and social causes, not least among them being a gift of more than $600 to each person displaced by the violence following Nigeria's elections.[/b][/b]
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Wow! That's amazing! Good for him.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by omo9ja1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
he need to do more to help Nigeria with his wealth then i will regard him as rich man

but I like this guy

investing stolen loot in Nigeria
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
His worth has reduced. He used to be somewhere around $13Billion but now he's somewhere around $11billion.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by LagBlogger(m): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
My name was mistakenly omitted from that list but no problem!

Mr. Dangote, I'll soon catch up to you just watch in another 2 yrs time.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by KINGwax(m): 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
afam4eva:

His worth has reduced. He used to be somewhere around $13Billion but now he's somewhere around $11billion.
investments, investments, investments. Give him jst 2yrs and check his worth
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
KINGwax:

investments, investments, investments. Give him jst 2yrs and check his worth

If anything his worth will be depreciating. That $13 billion was the hallmark for him.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by crackhouse(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
Well, it's all good but i think there are other people richer than him in Nigeria and Africa in general who own companies using diffent names especially our politicians.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Acidosis(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
very soon y'all will see my name on that list
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by KejiOJ(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
Waoo ,  what happen ? He used to be in Top 50,  As @last yr, he was @no 50,  & Mark Zuckerberg was next 2him @no 51,  WHat HAppEN? He no bribe Reach,
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
Keji OJ:

Waoo ,  what happen ? He used to be in Top 50,  As @last yr, he was @no 50,  & Mark Zuckerberg was next 2him @no 51,  WHat HAppEN? He no bribe Reach,

The thing no dey work again. That's why i said his worth will keep reducing.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
afam4eva:

He will be making x10 of that 3 billion within the next 5-10 years since it went into meaningful long term investment. His cement factories are yet to starting churning in the expected ROI.
With a housing and infrastructure crisis in Nigeria and the whole of Africa, Dangote is poised to become probably the richest African within the next half or one decade.
And yes, hes also into agriculture: which is another recession proof business. Seems like the genius understand Nigeria better than most business men.

LagBlogger:

My name was mistakenly omitted from that list but no problem!

Mr. Dangote, I'll soon catch up to you just watch in another 2 yrs time.

I wish you the best bro. It takes all the men on Forbes 100 several decades to amass such breathless wealth, besides the political looters. I wont be surprised if your surname rhymes with an ex-governor or senator. Besides this, catching up with Dangote hastily is impossible. This role models gave a great deal of their time and sanity to get to where they are. The man who suddenly woke up rich was NEVER ASLEEP. Same goes with the Alhaji. I congratulate him and wish him the VERY best.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by rukem(f): 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
datz gud of him
keep it up
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by juce: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2012
li0nel messi is 56th in the world, richer than the richest man in Africa.

Should not have sold my boots for gerium in the university.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Afam4eva(m): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
juce:

Keep quiet. No sports man in the world is a billionaire. The closest is Tiger woods and i think he's worth is somewhere around $900 million.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Kachi01: 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
The beuty of life is not about how happy you are, but how happy others can be because of you. Bill Gates is the highest donor in polio eradication canpaign in developing countries through Bill and Malinda Gate foundation. There is a very big gap between the rich and poor in the north. People like Dangote should own a foundation to sponsor poverty eradication and youth empowerment in the north.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Dereformer(m): 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
And he is not even a tither
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
Kachi01:

The beuty of life is not about how happy you are, but how happy others can be because of you. Bill Gates is the highest donor in polio eradication canpaign in developing countries through Bill and Malinda Gate foundation. There is a very big gap between the rich and poor in the north. People like Dangote should own a foundation to sponsor poverty eradication and youth empowerment in the north.
Nice 1, he should help his own peeps 1st undecided
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
aasog1:

[bSeems like the genius understand Nigeria better than most business men.[/b]

This role models gave a great deal of their time and sanity to get to where they are.

Really, I fail to understand how Nigerians have so idolized wealth to such a nauseating point that Dangote is now some people's role model!! This is disgusting. Materialism and cheap show of wealth has now become the most-sought-after thing in Nigeria after air itself.
Whatever happened to knowledge?
And, because someone made a couple million dollars now he is called a genius? Even mexican tabloids don't call Carlos Slim a genius. It's such people who won't hesitate giving Dangote and his Ilks a GCON for merely making money!
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Kachi01: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
Footballers are employees and not employers of labour. They are not rated unless on sports rich list.
juce:

Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Beaf1: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
Billionnaire Aboki
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by neymar11: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
The beuty of life is not about how happy you are, but how happy others can be because of you.[img]http://www.egala.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by sandee575(f): 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
He is so humble that when i saw him at the Lagos airport,
he could have been mistaken for one of the currency traders.
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by doofanc: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
Where is mike adenuga? Otedola? IBB?
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by robinhoodd2(m): 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2012
c FOOLS saying his worth will keep reducing,even if he is penny-less,that still make your FATHER rich as he is,Dangote go on GOD is with u
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by kizito96(m): 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
He has made a name for himself
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
omo9ja1:

he need to do more to help Nigeria with his wealth then i will regard him as rich man

but I like this guy

investing stolen loot in Nigeria

What would you want him to do?
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by iykay4455(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
Once Adenuga decides to list his companies,he will overtake dangote
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am iricher than Dangote, trust me, just that i dont want the fame and publicity.
cheers,
Re: Aliko Dangote At 76! World Richest 2012 Forbes by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Who the hell erazed my name from that list?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Won The Lottery In Nigeria Before? / I Want To Start Selling Snacks In A School. Need Advice / Starting An Advertising Agency In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.