Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Help A Friend Deal With Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Help A Friend Deal With Depression (1493 Views)

How Do You Deal With Depression? / The Dangers Of Postpartum Depression / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Help A Friend Deal With Depression by Coolio: 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2006
One of my friends is feeling really down sad and i have noticed cuts on her arm but she says it nothing, when ever I'm with her, she hardly ever talks. i think its cos of her boyfriend shes only with him cos she felt sorry for him and i can see its making her unhappy cry what should i do??
Re: How To Help A Friend Deal With Depression by Seun(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2006
The best and only thing you can do for your friend is to get her to a competent, trained counselor.

1) Is the boyfriend so violent that she's afraid to dump him out of fear of what he might do? If so, the police would also need to be involved and you'll need to push her to use that option.

2) Is she afraid of being alone if she dumps the boyfriend? Then do her a favor and be there for her after the deed is done.

However, please note that depression is a medical condition. The stress in her life is only a contributory factor. For an introduction to depression from a reputable source, visit:
- www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/depression.cfm
Re: How To Help A Friend Deal With Depression by Oracle(m): 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2006
Seun:

2) Is she afraid of being alone if she dumps the boyfriend? Then do her a favor and be there for her after the deed is done.

Seun, he never said he wants to be with her, she's just a friend
Re: How To Help A Friend Deal With Depression by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 15, 2010
Ask her out?cheesy Lolz!

(1) (Reply)

First Human Case Of Bird Flu In Lagos, Nigeria / Mobile,massage,lagos,portharcourt, Fct,ikoyi,victoria Island,cairo,job / Lose That Weight Naturally Without Exercising With Tlc Slimming Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.