Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) (6274 Views)

Evil Spirit Of Soccer Betting / Sunday Oliseh Strikes Pose With His Boys After Today's Training Session In Abuja / A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by twinstaiye(m): 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2006
By the way, who are the bad boys of the game of Soccer, past and present. The first that came to my mind is Rene Higuita, that Colombian Goalkeeper. He to me epitomises the baddest of a player I had the course to watch. Higuita will leave his post take the ball from his own half, ask his defenders to man the post and dribble upfront. The most captured among his antics is the one when he was in the post and need to simply catch a ball, but decided to volley the ball in an acrobatic way you will love to watch again and again.
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by mochafella(m): 12:40am On Mar 24, 2006
twinstaiye:

who are the bad boys of the game of Soccer, past and present.

erm,

what do you mean "bad"? flamboyant, aggressive, foul-mouthed, vindictive, e.t.c Not everyone uses English words the same way, especially "bad".
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by Priscila(f): 10:55am On Mar 24, 2006
I think that "bad" boy is for those conquerers of soccer so I will tell you.
Ronaldinho
Thiery Henry
E'too
Drogba
Lampard
John Terry
Thomas ( Charlton athletic)
Crouch and Garcia
Kolo Toure and Fabregas
To name but a few.
If you meant the actual meaning of bad to mean aggressive I have the list as below
Del Horno
Claude Makelele
Gallas
Geremi
Robben
Thiago Motta
Mike Essien
I meant most of chelsea players are bad
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2006
lol wow u just listed all the chelsea team , let akola catch u grin
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by Priscila(f): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2006
@loverbwouy
I understand Akolawole is "Chelsea" himself but he will not kill me for saying his players are bad. You know what? me and Akola are for better for worse till Chelsea do us part. Akola, dont skin me alive as am already scared, you know where we meet in this forum.
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by c0dec(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2006
edmundo
hagi
stoichkov
cantona
montero
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by nightrider: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2006
romario - the guy just refuses to train. he;s so stubborn.

stan collymore- i honestly thot he had serious emotional problems

eric cantona- who can forget his antics and how he got suspended

rio ferdinand- expertly dodged a drug test and got an eight month ban instead of a life ban if he had been found guilty.

faustino asprilla- goes night clubbing on the eve of major matches

edmundo the animal- stuborn as hell brazillian player, forever fueding with romario.

patrick kluivert- he is more of night clubber than a footballer

paulo di canio- stuborn as hell, facist saluter.
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by Akolawole(m): 1:46am On Mar 26, 2006
@Priscilla

Love, i no go skin you o. Its okay but i reserve my comment though.

None of us will scare you away, you being the only female that is active.

We dont even know why Bagoma is not active again?
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by mochafella(m): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2006
nightrider:

rio ferdinand- expertly dodged a drug test and got an eight month ban instead of a life ban if he had been found guilty.

um nightrider, weren't Rio's drug test negative when he had them later that day?
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by twinstaiye(m): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2006
yeah, nightrider got it, I mean those with disciplinary problems.
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by nightrider: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2006
mochafella

that was the aim of dodging the test so he could take it later in the day when it had been flushed out his system.
(Conspiracy theory though)
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by mochafella(m): 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2006
nightrider:

that was the aim of dodging the test so he could take it later in the day when it had been flushed out his system.
(Conspiracy theory though)

As far as I know, such substances don't flush out in a couple of hours, the metabolites will still be in your bloodstream. Anyway that' s beside the point of the thread.

You can add these names to the list:
Juan Esnaider
Wayne Rooney
Patrick Viera
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by ramono(m): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2006
The Naija guys in this category include:

Etim Esin-clubber/ had a sex case
Celestine Babayaro- clubber/ had various sex cases
Yakubu Aiyegbeni-clubber
Dan Amokachi- stubborn
Wilson Oruma - stubborn
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by twinstaiye(m): 10:46am On Mar 29, 2006
ramono:

The Nigeria guys in this category include:

Etim Esin-clubber/ had a sex case
Celestine Babayaro- clubber/ had various sex cases
Yakubu Aiyegbeni-clubber
Dan Amokachi- stubborn
Wilson Oruma - stubborn

Tarila Okorowanta
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by SIBLI06(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2006
The original one and only

[size=14pt]Vinny Jones[/size]
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by teeroy(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2006
Original bad Boy Club
i'll start with our own Etim Esin
Eric Cantona
the king of them all EDMUNDO.who else could slap a ref/
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by QueenB1(f): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
Djibril Cisse
Didier Drogba
And my sugga Michael Essien

Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by QueenB1(f): 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
kiss

Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by topeorekoy(m): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2008
edmundo- he is so bullish and very stubborn

cantona- has a bad behaviour that even how good he is, he never got into the national team

etim esin- wasted talent, always clubbing and chicks chasing

amotaxi- though a fine baller, but very stubborn
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2008
Hmmm, the list isn't wrong.
But what about Gattuso who do refuse substitution?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by segunpc(m): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2008
e b like nobody knows graeme souness here?
Re: Bad Boys Of Soccer (past And Present) by okhey(m): 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2008
Mido

(1) (Reply)

Aiteo Cup: Enugu Governor Sends Message To Rangers / Xavi Vs Pirlo Vs Scholes; Who Is The Best Passer? / Uk Pool Week 24 Fixed Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.