Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 2 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 2 (11739 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search Season Eight Begins- Register Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2005
The website for the second edition of the Gulder Ultimate Search TV program is at:
http://www.gulderultimatesearch.tv/

Young people between the ages of 20 and 30 who are physically fit, of sound health, mentally alert, know how to swim and are over 5 feet 10 inches (for men) or over 5 feet 6 inches (for women) can register on the website!

According to the Sun News Online,
"The prize for the last man standing, who finds the treasure is a cash prize of N5million
(Five million Naira only) the second and third Survivors will receive a cash prize of N1million (one million Naira only) each. Other Searchers will receive rewards ranging from N250, 000 (two hundred and fifty Naira only) to N700, 000 (seven hundred thousand Naira) graduated according to the stages of their eviction from the Search."

So are you planning to be the next 'ultimate woman' or 'ultimate man'?

[size=14pt]Click Here For Gulder Ultimate Search 3 Information![/size]
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Ra(f): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2005
cool
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Ra(f): 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2005
Uumm..... but for geographical constraint, I would have been tempted .......
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by pieta: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2005
anyone know the link to the gulder ultimate search show?
understand registration ends today
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by dominobaby(f): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2005
seun:

The website for the second edition of the Gulder Ultimate Search TV program is at:
http://www.gulderultimatesearch.TV/

pieta, seems you skipped that grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2005
Actually, he posted it on a new topic which I had to merge with this one.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by dominobaby(f): 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2005
Ok. I visited the site last nite with a friend who registered and there i saw registration was to end same day (yesterday).
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by whizkid(f): 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2005
I don't understand why both sexes should partake in this competition. Shouldn't they have organised separate competitions, one for females only and the other for males?

This is a test of physical fitness, and similar competitions like athletics( running, football and even swimming, both sexes have never been made to compete against eachother. The organisers should have a rethink, only then will I partake smiley.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by dominobaby(f): 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2005
trish, i felt same way with you when it was first aired. why in the world should a man and a woman be subjected to same competition especially since it is to do with physical fitness? all the same i was happy some guys dropped out before the ladies tongue.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2005
Trish, you're very right. I think the current set-up is unfair to women. Personally, I think such programmes are a little bit degrading to the competitors, both men and women! I hate the way the presenter talks down to them as if the show is something important.

Give me a break, it's just an elaborate advertisement for Gulder!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Hunter(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2005
bah I like star better anyways (actually now I think about it, they all kinda taste the same after you've had a few tongue )
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by mamba(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2005
Hunter, we are not comparing shacks here. BTW, I think star is better sha!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by maurice: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2005
pls how can i register 4 the gulder ultimate search?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2005
Maurice, registration is over. They are now screening potential contestants:
http://www.gulderultimatesearch.TV/search/roadshow/day_3.htm

Sorry.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by badwils: 3:01pm On May 02, 2005
I agree, the show is an elaborate advert for Gulder, and maybe it doesn't seem fair to pitch men against women. But it is based on the survivor series and this is what happens on those shows. As someone noted, last year some men went out before the girls so it isnt completely about brawn. Also, the show is meant for entertainment it's not some great sporting feat and it would be boring to have a show with only guys or gals.

The last girl standing will likely get something additional (I hear Governor Duke promised 1 million). The company wants to sell it's products but in selling it is contributing to the lives of the participants in a way they wouldn't have had otherwise, so I think its a win-win. Also I know a lot of people go in for shows like this not for the prize but for the visibility so its not about winning but making sure you get noticed.

In all, I think the company is doing a good thing. Selfish motives are what business is all about and there are ways to sell your product without contributing to peoples lives. I hate reality shows and don't actually follow any but my theory is every man to his own poison and if this works for some then they should enjoy.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by whizkid(f): 12:24pm On May 04, 2005
Hey guys, Ten contestants made up of six men and four women have emerged for the competition scheduled to take place between May 14 and June 4. AIT, STV, NTA and African magic channel on DSTV are expected to broadcast the reality show.

I didn't enjoy the first show, as a matter of fact, I call it "bush brother Nigeria" grin, hope this is not a part 2.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2005
badwils, the only 'problem' I have with the show is last year's presenter! I feel that he acted too serious, behaving like some authority figure. That deep voice, that smirk, and utterances like "so you think you have what it takes to [I]become[/I] the Ultimate Champion, we'll see. Or the words that are spoken when some contestants are booted, as if the person failed a cosmic quest. grin

UPDATE: Chidi Mokeme, the presenter, is back this year.

See also: Gulder Ultimate Search 2: Meet the Contestants!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by whizkid(f): 1:21pm On May 17, 2005
Do you know guys that the show has kicked off? It was a red carpet reception for the contestants, even Donald Duke was there to receive them.

By the way, the Obudu ranch,very inviting! You could touch the clouds smiley
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2005
I caught the end of the show yesterday. Apparently, someone won 500,000 naira in one of their promos ("buy a bottle of Gulder, check under the crown-top, ..."wink

Will this program succeed in getting people who don't drink to buy Gulder? Would it convince people who drink Gulder already to drink more often? If the answer to any of the above questions is "yes", is this a good thing?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by kodewrita(m): 3:42pm On May 17, 2005
trish:

Do you know guys that the show has kicked off? It was a red carpet reception for the contestants, even Donald Duke was there to receive them.

By the way, the Obudu ranch,very inviting! [I]You could touch the clouds[/I] smiley

Trish, you can't touch clouds so I know that's just an expression

I guess you have heard about the leopards that are stalking them and a species of snake called "no tommorrow" that permanently resides there. I guess that is not enough to deter anyone from making money by risking their lives.

They also have to airlift you if you are mauled by animals when anybody knows bad weather can prevent the copters from reaching you.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by tinaclums(f): 4:41pm On May 17, 2005
Hi. I would like to meet the presenter one on one. I mean Chidi Mokeme. How do I go about it? Please get in touch with me.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by julea(f): 10:26am On May 18, 2005
Why would you want to meet with Chidi?

I don't know whether I like the way he presents or not. He got my mum so pissed off in the last search that she'd rather watch past versions of reality shows on DSTV than watch Chidi with the way he languidly drawls on the names of the contestants without the proper pronunciation.

And his accents! Is he not an ibo guy? Where he gets the pronunciation of the non-ibos wrong, he doesn't do better with the Ibo names. Please listen to him! rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by tinaclums(f): 10:09am On May 19, 2005
What's up?

The show is really becoming interesting, but I think the participants are really too dull for my liking. Agreed it's not easy but they are really not helping matters at all. Chidi is really nice this time around because he's really taking his time to give clues to the participants on how they shuld go about the game.yesterdays show was really very technical.

I mean why should a girl cry as if she was forced out of her house? It's not a do or die affair. But if u shuld ask me I think she should be asked to go back home or what do you think?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by coke(f): 11:32am On May 19, 2005
I love the concept of the show, but there are too many goofs i.e. the presenter Chidi. I can stand him in films because there would be other actors who'll probably overshadow his voice but this. I mean, the monotonic wisecracks, for Pete's sake couldn't they have gotten another person for the job?

As for the searchers, they are ok, but most times boring. There's no serious competition between them yet, just stupid fights and all. My presonal favorites are Martin, Chichi, Sam and Lucan.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by babyspice: 12:08pm On May 19, 2005
I couldn't agree more with you, Coke. I think Chidi Mokeme's presenting skills make me wanna gag tongue. He acts like he's in charge and calling all the shots (which unfortunately he is!) He seems to have taken a shine to Vaughan, just like he did to Julian in the first show. Maybe his badluck will rub of on Vaughan aka 'the General', and he'll lose out too. It's suddenly looking a lot better now!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by legry(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2005
Gulder Ultimate Search, eghmmmmmmm this episode seems very interesting eghmmmmm ill just keep watching and the 500Gs being won eghmmmmm, ill just keep watching
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by tinaclums(f): 1:17pm On May 20, 2005
I think the competition is begining to take its toll on the contestants. Guys, please give Chidi Mokeme a break. Unfortunately he's the presenter and that's final. He's going to be paid for the job he's doing. If you ask me, I think he's tryin anyway. The contestants should get serious, that's all.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by julea(f): 4:27pm On May 20, 2005
I believe this site is the administor's: Seun.

I'll like to know what the benefits are. I mean are we just here to be drooling after the searchers, when some guys are busy making money for themselves?

I'm new here and not very good at manouevering the site. Just a quick question: do you know whether there's any other reality TV show coming up in Nigeria, and (emnnnn) most especially DSTV Project Fame or Big Brother? Tired of watching this search thing that's 1hr reality ... rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Overally seun, I know you are doing a very good job, you know you can take this up for our show industry?

rgds,

julea
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Allenpowered(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2005
The governor of Cross-Rivers state is giving the last woman standing an extra N1 million , talk about discrimination!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Seun(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2005
You know as well as I know that the women are not likely to win this competition. tongue
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by tinaclums(f): 11:26am On May 23, 2005
wink
Haba Seun, I don't quite agree with you, you know. What a man can do a woman can do better. Have you forgotten that adage so soon? But come to think of it, these set of women are all weaklings. Or what do you think? Agreed, I am a female but they are really not competing with the men at all. I guess they need somebody to tell them that they are out for adventure and not for cruising o.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 2 by Allenpowered(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2005
The Governor intends to give 1 million to the last woman standing regardless of her position.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nigeria Handsome Nollywood Actor Nonso Diobi Shot Dead / Download Latest Korean,philippines,thailand Tvseries Here / Every Hates Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.