Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. (11538 Views)

Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . / The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2012
Hello Naija People.

I am Ta Xasa, I am From Eritrea, Ta Xasa is which we were Known By the ancient Egyptian As people (Today Known as Tigre But still called xasa),They also called us Punt which was the southern half of Ta-seti as a place, The asiatic Name For us was Eryth Meaning People of the red Land Which Included Eritrea/East Sudan and south East Egypt. Hence Eritrea is the name of The country Today which makes it The oldest Name. I am Here to learn about west Africa In general and Nigeria In Particular, I speak 4 Languages and Beginner On the Fifth, I would say I am an expert in East africa History Especially ancient History, But abit poor on west african History sad However we can help each other to learn about our african History smiley

Feel Free to ask me anything in regards to East africa and middle east, I am also very good at ancient Egyptian History I lived In egypt for many Years and speak Arabic and there is a tribe in the south who are a Kin to Mine.

I will ask the first question: Is it true there is a tribe In nigeria who trace their Lineage to Nimrod?? If so who is it IgboYouruba?? hausa

And don't ask me if we are The same as Ethiopians we are Not, Ethiopians have different ancestory to Eritreans, Eritreans are mainly Decendents of Beja while Ethiopians are Agew and Oromo based Tribes. Eritreans Direct Related People By blood are the Beja of East Sudan and south East Egypt and the Red Afars Of djbouti.

Peace and good wishes.

Ta xasa.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 11:04am On Mar 09, 2012
Ta_Xasa:

Hello Naija People.

Hello Ta xasa (I like the name – how do you pronounce it?)

Welcome.

My knowledge on Eritrea is actually quite vague so I appreciate your informative introduction.
Ta xasa, I’m curious as to the religious composition of Eritrea. Are there any animists?

They also called us Punt which was the southern half of Ta-seti as a place, The asiatic  Name For us was Eryth Meaning People of the red Land Which Included Eritrea/East Sudan and south East Egypt.

I thought that “punt” referred to a geographical region in Somalia. I’ve always associated “punt” with Somalia by means of “puntland”.

Ta Xasa is which we were Known By the ancient Egyptian As people (Today Known as Tigre But still called xasa)
I am also very good at ancient Egyptian History I lived In egypt for many Years and speak Arabic and there is a tribe in the south who are a Kin to Mine.

Does part of Eritrea’s history coincide with the ancient Egyptians?

However we can help each other to learn about our african History

That will be very good.

I will ask the first question: Is it true there is a tribe In nigeria who trace their Lineage to Nimrod?? If so who is it IgboYouruba?? hausa

I’ve heard this before but I have no idea undecided

Ta xasa, a while ago I read that there are some Hausa/Fulanis dwelling in Eritrea. Apparently some have assimilated with a particular group in Eritrea. I don’t know how true this is. If so, what's the name of this group? And how are the Hausa/Fulanis doing in Eritrea?

Finally, what do you think of the music from the Sahel? Does it sound similar or even familiar to you?

I'll stop here because I don't want to overwhelm you with too many questions.

And don't ask me if we are The same as Ethiopians we are Not, Ethiopians have different ancestory to Eritreans, Eritreans are mainly Decendents of Beja while Ethiopians are Agew and Oromo based Tribes. Eritreans Direct Related People By blood are the Beja of East Sudan and south East Egypt and the Red Afars Of djbouti.

I’m laughing because I learnt very quickly never to mistake an Eritrean for an Ethiopian. Duly noted. grin

Peace and good wishes.

Same to you.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
no tribe in Nigeria is descended from Nimrod or wooden rod or iron stick or whatever. We are all descended from our own peoples. cool
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by Ptolomeus(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hello dear friend Ta_Xasa.
I leave the answer to your question for the Hausa / Igbo / Yoruba.
I've heard some reference about it, but I never agreed to hard evidence, so it is at least one controversial issue on which I have no security to give opinion
I am also a researcher of African culture, particularly in the east.
As with Emofine dear friend (whom I admire very much) I am at your disposal for information exchange.
I do not speak English, but if I speak 5 languages.
Welcome.
Best regards!
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 12:54am On Mar 10, 2012
Hello Ta xasa (I like the name – how do you pronounce it?)

Welcome.

Thank you For your warm Welcome, You pronounce it as Ta-Haa-sa The x is a False X.

My knowledge on Eritrea is actually quite vague so I appreciate your informative introduction.
Ta xasa, I’m curious as to the religious composition of Eritrea. Are there any animists?

Yes Depending on the sources But its about 60% Muslims 39.5% Christians and 0.5% Animist But they Tend to Mix the Animisim Part with Either Christianity or Islam. But we all Settle for 50/50. Diaspora Eritreans Are Much More Muslims Than Christians.

I thought that “punt” referred to a geographical region in Somalia. I’ve always associated “punt” with Somalia by means of “puntland”.

No There is a region called Puntland In Somalia Which Might Have Extended till There But The capital and The port and Major towns were all In today's Central Region Of eritrea, That Region Houses The second Largest Ancient Artifacts In all africa After Egypt. The capital Name was Qo-Hoi-To and the port Name was Adu-La.

Does part of Eritrea’s history coincide with the ancient Egyptians?

The 18th, 19th and 20th Dynasty are Known to be Closely Linked with Eritreans Even in egypt i was taught by Arab Teachers That the New kingdom Pharohs were From where Eritrea is Today, Pharohs Like Nefertari,Hatchepsut,akhnetan etc spoke a mother tongue spoken In Eritrea In ancient Times to communicate with her Medjay's and Advisors For Fear The Hyksos People who Remained There after Their Defeat of the 17th Dynasty wouldn't Be able to know State Secrets, In 1998 The Egyptian Goverment In a rare Move Added the Bisharin Beja of south East Egypt as direct Desendents of The New Kingdom Egyptians (18th,19th,20th Dynasty), Few years ago a dna test on a 19th Dynasty Pharoh Returned with 90% Identical Dna with An Eritreans Tribe which is The Bani-Amer Tigre or to the ancient Egyptians Ta-Xasa, The funny part is the tomb of that pharoh also said that their ancestorial land is where Eritrea/East sudan Is situated and according to their Book of Dead They classified People who lived On the red sea as their Kins and the only other Group who would pass Into the Afterlife along with them. Ancient Egypt was a melting Pot and every Race probarly lived/Ruled or went pass through Egypt they brought their gods to be added with the other Gods, The New Kingdom Pharohs Brought a god who was only worshipped In Ta seti at that Time (Seth) and even Dedicated Everything for him he was elevated to the main God as amun and horus were demoted Many Ancient Egyprtains were not happy, A whole Army battalion was named Seth as well. But the Biggest Proof is one of the Pharohs of the 19th Dynasty Name Was Sipta Which doesn't Mean anything In ancient Egyptains, But means alot to Eritreans and East Sudanese Because Eritreans and East Sudanese Through Kush are descendents Through Sabta/sipta.

Ta xasa, a while ago I read that there are some Hausa/Fulanis dwelling in Eritrea. Apparently some have assimilated with a particular group in Eritrea. I don’t know how true this is. If so, what's the name of this group? And how are the Hausa/Fulanis doing in Eritrea?
Finally, what do you think of the music from the Sahel? Does it sound similar or even familiar to you?

Correct, Numbering About 30,000 Today, they stayed 100-200 Years ago after going to mecca and for different Reason Decided to stay when they passed through. They are Very Very Low key though most Eritreans Don't know about them as they have melted Into an Area Where The Nilotic Tribe Of Nara Live, The Tigre and The Beja so They are Among These Three Groups and because They speak up to 5 or 6 Languages Arabic/Tigre/Tigrigna/Beja/Nara and sometimes English or kunama Many Eritreans Just presume They are Nara/Tigre or Beja. However Recently a light was shed and the goverment is looking at the options of adding them as a seperate Group, However I am not quite sure They have assembled Enough to be counted as a seperate group as many of them consider to be part of the Tigre or Nara Group Today, But Yeah i would Like to have Fulani as a language In Eritrea is very close to Nara By the way.

Here is a clip, The singer Is Kunama/Nara and the drummers Are hausa/Fulani.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKUSWj-A2DE

I'll stop here because I don't want to overwhelm you with too many questions.

That is Cool, Keep asking we are here to benefit each other. smiley

PS

They Do Especially The folklore Music, I find the sahel Music to be More Close to Eritreans Music. Eritrean Music relies Heavily On the Kirar or the Tanboor a 3 String Guitar Like Instrument Eritreans Always Think They are the best At it and obession with it Start when you are a baby.lol

1 Like

Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 1:09am On Mar 10, 2012
Hello potolmeus,

I just asked about the Nimrod Topic Because This is The first Time Anyone Linked Themselves to Kush and not the Usual Ancient Egypt, Nimrod was probarly the most unliked King in ancient times and i doubt anyone would want to relate to Him unless its the truth. As you know Eritreans/East Sudanese are decedents of Kush 4th and fifth son Sabta and sabteca and since Nimrod was kush first son I had to ask if we have an older Cousins Living in west of africa. I have been to Iraq and saw few of Nimrod Era artifacts and I tell you there were Black and less likely East Africans or today Iraqi which makes me wonder Even More. Just Curious That's All smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2012
Ta_Xasa:
Thank you For your warm Welcome

smiley

You pronounce it as Ta-Haa-sa The x is a False X.

So the “X” has a similar pronunciation to H? Reminds me of the Somali diction where x is pronounced as h.
What are the language families in Eritrea?

No There is a region called Puntland In Somalia Which Might Have Extended till There But The capital and The port and Major towns were all In today's Central Region Of eritrea, That Region Houses The second Largest Ancient Artifacts In all africa After Egypt. The capital Name was Qo-Hoi-To and the port Name was Adu-La.

Oh, I thought Sudan would have been no.2 after Egypt. What type of Ancient Artifacts can be found in Eritrea? Have all these artifacts remained in Eritrea or were some stolen and exhibited in foreign museums/galleries?

Qo-Hoi-To - the name looks Japanese lol.

The 18th, 19th and 20th Dynasty are Known to be Closely Linked with Eritreans Even in egypt i was taught by Arab Teachers That the New kingdom Pharohs were From where Eritrea is Today, Pharohs Like Nefertari,Hatchepsut,akhnetan etc spoke a mother tongue spoken In Eritrea In ancient Times to communicate with her Medjay's and Advisors For Fear The Hyksos People who Remained There after Their Defeat of the 17th Dynasty wouldn't Be able to know State Secrets, In 1998 The Egyptian Goverment In a rare Move Added the Bisharin Beja of south East Egypt as direct Desendents of The New Kingdom Egyptians (18th,19th,20th Dynasty), Few years ago a dna test on a 19th Dynasty Pharoh Returned with 90% Identical Dna with An Eritreans Tribe which is The Bani-Amer Tigre or to the ancient Egyptians Ta-Xasa, The funny part is the tomb of that pharoh also said that their ancestorial land is where Eritrea/East sudan Is situated and according to their Book of Dead They classified People who lived On the red sea as their Kins and the only other Group who would pass Into the Afterlife along with them.

Very very interesting.

Ancient Egypt was a melting Pot and every Race probarly lived/Ruled or went pass through Egypt

The greatness of Ancient Egypt can never be emphasised enough and how much that civilization influenced much of the world but little is said of how the world also influenced this great civilization. It’s very difficult to put Ancient Egypt in one box because there were diverse people just like with America today yet one shade is often highlighted which is very dubious in my opinion even though I try to avoid the whole “racial” debate embarassed

they brought their gods to be added with the other Gods, The New Kingdom Pharohs Brought a god who was only worshipped In Ta seti at that Time (Seth) and even Dedicated Everything for him he was elevated to the main God as amun and horus were demoted Many Ancient Egyprtains were not happy, A whole Army battalion was named Seth as well. But the Biggest Proof is one of the Pharohs of the 19th Dynasty Name Was Sipta Which doesn't Mean anything In ancient Egyptains, But means alot to Eritreans and East Sudanese Because Eritreans and East Sudanese Through Kush are descendents Through Sabta/sipta.

The migration of gods throughout history is a topic very interesting to me. One of the things I’ve observed with the wave of each god is that whoever has the authority of the nation at that particular period establishes their god as the central god - as if they are leaving a stamp or marking their territory with their deity.
Earlier I asked you about the religious landscape of Eritrea. I asked because I wanted to find out if any animism practiced in Eritrea have similar practices or even deities with ancient Egypt due to history.

Correct, Numbering About 30,000 Today, they stayed 100-200 Years ago after going to mecca and for different Reason Decided to stay when they passed through.

Yeah I read some of them stayed after going to mecca. In other reports I read they stayed on their way to Mecca. So I guess their navigating had something to do with their pilgrimage. And for identical reasons I’ve read that some also dwell in Sudan.
I wonder if the religious climate of those countries influenced their decision to stay though hmmm.

They are Very Very Low key though most Eritreans Don't know about them as they have melted Into an Area Where The Nilotic Tribe Of Nara Live, The Tigre and The Beja so They are Among These Three Groups and because They speak up to 5 or 6 Languages Arabic/Tigre/Tigrigna/Beja/Nara and sometimes English or kunama Many Eritreans Just presume They are Nara/Tigre or Beja. However Recently a light was shed and the goverment is looking at the options of adding them as a seperate Group, However I am not quite sure They have assembled Enough to be counted as a seperate group as many of them consider to be part of the Tigre or Nara Group Today, But Yeah i would Like to have Fulani as a language In Eritrea is very close to Nara By the way.

Interesting. I read that nine groups make up Eritrea.
Do the Hausa/Fulanis consider themselves Eritreans since some have absorbed into the Nara/Tigre groups?
Do you understand Fula? It’s interesting though that you say that Fula sounds closer to Nara. What of Hausa or even Kanuri? Which Language group does Nara fall into?

Here is a clip, The singer Is Kunama/Nara and the drummers Are hausa/Fulani.

I really enjoyed that clip thanks for sharing. What was the story the two characters were conveying? I interpreted the performance as a man trying to woo a woman.

They Do Especially The folklore Music, I find the sahel Music to be More Close to Eritreans Music. Eritrean Music relies Heavily On the Kirar or the Tanboor a 3 String Guitar Like Instrument Eritreans Always Think They are the best At it and obession with it Start when you are a baby.lol

I’ve also detected similarities between traditional music along the belt of Africa (Sahel and the Horn of Africa). So I’m guessing you have an appreciation for Sahelian music?
Listening to the Kunama music you shared reminded me of music from Niger/Northern Nigeria -  but maybe because Hausa/Fulanis were involved  - or even Sudanese music.

I've bombarded you with so many questions so thank you for being patient. So Ta_Xasa what would you like to know about Nigeria or West Africa?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2012
Hola Ptolomeus cheesy
Did you get my mail? smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by Ptolomeus(m): 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2012
emöfine:

Hola Ptolomeus cheesy
Did you get my mail?

Hello dear friend.
I answered on 1/3/2012.
Check the "spam"
I send my warmest regards!
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 5:57am On Mar 11, 2012
Hi Emofine:

So the “X” has a similar pronunciation to H? Reminds me of the Somali diction where x is pronounced as h.
What are the language families in Eritrea?

Nah its not somali Influenced, It's More to do with how the ancient People wrote it as K-ha-sa , so the form Xaasa Became the norm. But It is pronounced Haa-sa. somehow The k was added firstly. somali use Latin alpahbets they used arabic alphabets before that but changed Recently But needed to shuffle the letters to compensate few letters pronounciation that wouldn't be represented probarly in the latin alphabet.

Languages of Eritrea is as Follow:

Tigrigna: One of the official Languages, It is a mix of Tigre/Geez Base + Saho/afar + Beja. It is Unique Because it is the only semitic base language with kushtic Grammer. Semitic and Kushtic speakers can get Drawn to it when they listen to it because it sounds like their native language and sometimes they would understand few words but its just different. It has almost 200 Letters and very tonal Language. Because of its semitic roots its growth In unlimited, and also because it feeds from 3 languages its dictionary Is huge. It was Created By the Belew Kelew Beja 1400 Years ago. Its more of a unifying Language In eritrea Taken abit from other langauges, Its easier to learn if you happen to speak A kushtic or semitic language. Tigrigna Means The language of The tigre people. Since Tigrigna speakers were mostly Tigre who inhabited The Highland of Eritrea. Imagine a language In nigeria Mixing Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba with few influences of other Language. Then Taking 30% of each of these groups and Creating a new Ethnic Group, Calling it Naija Tribe with 30-40 Million speakers (Example), they would relate to everyone and everyone else would feel Related to them, That is How Tigrigna is sort off Its unifying Tribe Among Eritrean Tribes. It is also A Language Proven to be made In africa.

Tigre Or Xasa: The Father of the Tigrigna Languages also Known as Geez, It is among the oldest Semitic Language if not the oldest, Very closely Related to the ancient Chaldean/Akkadian Language in mespotomia, In the middle Ages the european called it the old chaldean Language. Very smooth Language even when someone is insulting someone it sounds like he is saying poetic verses. Tigre is estimated to be at least 10,000 Years old language. Many believe that Tigre is actually the Bridge between The old ancinet languages that died and the New Era languages.

Afar: a kushtic Language spoken By the Afar people who with The saho's are the Original Inhabitants of Eritrea, They are the Punt people of Eritrea or southern Ta setians in ancient times. Very Cool Language Very close to somali. They also Extend into Djbouti together they are known as the Red sea Afars. Thier cousins Live In Ethiopia who are known as the white afars but They are not a big fan of each other.

Saho: 70% Afar 30% Tigre/Geez. The tribe Make up is also some Tigre Background and some Afar Background, Very Patriotic Eritreans and Possibly The Bravest Fighters, They were the punt people together with Afars and they were Always assigned with the protection of The country In the army through out Eritrean History, Very Loyal people and today the special Eritrean Guard are mostly Made up of them Making Eritrean Military among the Toughest In africa. No bluff about them In war they would Fight for days with No sleep, The poverb In Eritrea is "God is with us Because he Made the Saho People Eritreans". lol

Blin: a kushtic Language, The blin people Live Next to the tigre people.

Rashiada Arabic: Arab Nomads who Fled/Migrated from arabia to Eritrea 100-200 Years ago. they were the rulers of Saudia Arabia till Al-saud clan Defeated them and took their Capital Riyadh. They still practise their Nomads Way and Trade in goods. Their language is arabic but they tend to speak other Eritrean languages Like Tigre/Tigrigna/Nara/saho Etc. Arabic is also another Official Language In Eritrea. Tigrigna/Arabic & English is the Official Languages In Eritrea.

Beja: An Ancient Kushtic Language, some Say it Might be a different Branch of the afro-asiatic Language group, The language is called Te-badawi, It is 70% Identical to Ancient Egyptian, a bedawi beja speakers probarly don't need a translater if he is to read ancient egyptian scripts. This language is spoken BY THE BEJA people In eritrea and some Tigre people as well. Tigre and beja people are the same but with 2 different Tongue.

Nara: a nilotic Language belonging to the nara people, Nara is also the language of the Late meriotic Kingdom in sudan, Possibly the 25th Dynasty of Egypt are Nilotic Nara people, It has similarity with other Nilotic Languages across Africa but still has alot of difference. The hausa/Fulani In Eritrea mostly Live among the Nara people.

Kunama: A nilotic Language Related to Nara as well, Kunama People also speak Beja/Tigre and Arabic some speak Tigrigna too.

Possible 10th Language: Dankali is 90-95% similar to tigre and is believed to be reminent of the Old Himyarite Empire in yemen. The Eritrean Government has started the process of making it the 10th Language.

Oh, I thought Sudan would have been no.2 after Egypt. What type of Ancient Artifacts can be found in Eritrea? Have all these artifacts remained in Eritrea or were some stolen and exhibited in foreign museums/galleries?

Qo-Hoi-To - the name looks Japanese lol

Egypt 85,000
Eritrea 65,000
Sudan 40,000

That is Artifacts found By people, Digging is still hasn't been Given The green Light by the government it is believed that in Central Eritrea the land is covered by 4 layers of History dating back to 5000 B.C, almost all the artifacts found is by accidents Building New Houses and roads etc., They found a settlment which was 5000 Years old called "Ona site".

Yeah The name sound Japanese It is a saho/afar Name, Its also spelled Kohoito.

The greatness of Ancient Egypt can never be emphasised enough and how much that civilization influenced much of the world but little is said of how the world also influenced this great civilization. It’s very difficult to put Ancient Egypt in one box because there were diverse people just like with America today yet one shade is often highlighted which is very dubious in my opinion even though I try to avoid the whole “racial” debate

Exactly, some people Don't understand that Egypt was A multi racial society and thier rulers came from different Backgrounds.

The migration of gods throughout history is a topic very interesting to me. One of the things I’ve observed with the wave of each god is that whoever has the authority of the nation at that particular period establishes their god as the central god - as if they are leaving a stamp or marking their territory with their deity.
Earlier I asked you about the religious landscape of Eritrea. I asked because I wanted to find out if any animism practiced in Eritrea have similar practices or even deities with ancient Egypt due to history.

Yep and that is how on easy way to Track ancient people and where they might have migrated. In Eritrea there was Many different Gods depending where you lived, In East Sudan Northern Eritrea gods Like Anubis/Seth were the main one's depending on the Time. Further south they worshipped The moon/sun and spirits as well. Today The animist In Eritrea are the a small Population of The kunama who worship their ancient God Ana, while Majority of Kunama are Today Muslims it was Easier for them to become Muslims Because theY WORSHIPPED one god "Anaa", some still today worship spirits among the Kunama, and others Mix islamic and Traditional beliefs

Yeah I read some of them stayed after going to mecca. In other reports I read they stayed on their way to Mecca. So I guess their navigating had something to do with their pilgrimage. And for identical reasons I’ve read that some also dwell in Sudan.
I wonder if the religious climate of those countries influenced their decision to stay though hmmm.

Hausa and Fulani In sudan Is a serious Number, In the Millions. comparing it To Eritrea is really no comparison. From what I heard the one's In Eritrea stayed Because they couldn't afford the journey Back after mecca and decided to stay and Trade and save money but ended up having kids/more kids and their kids didn't want to leave.there is alot of Hausa/Fulani in saudia arabia for the same Reason too they couldn't go back for financial Reasons. They have been In saudi for 100-200-300 Years even some Earlier. I doubt Religious Climate had anything to do with it because 100 Years ago In Eritrea Muslims were a great Minority Maybe 10-20%, most of today Muslim Tribes were Non muslims, The nara were animist and Kunama were mostly animist and the largest Tirbe In eritrea, today the Kunama are only 2% funny how 100 Years changes a demographic of a country. Eritrea is always has been a welcoming Land to anyone Regardless of religion or Background.

Interesting. I read that nine groups make up Eritrea.
Do the Hausa/Fulanis consider themselves Eritreans since some have absorbed into the Nara/Tigre groups?
Do you understand Fula? It’s interesting though that you say that Fula sounds closer to Nara. What of Hausa or even Kanuri? Which Language group does Nara fall into?

The Hausa/Fulani In Eritrea has proven their allegiance to the land and their fellow Eritrean Tribes, They Bled for the land and were the first to join The Eritrean Liberation Movement to free Eritrea from Ethiopia, The rule In Eritrea is you bleed for the land and the Land shall Belong to you. Vey Low Profile people Though, The are very proud Eritreans and even when they go to other countries They make sure they are known as Eritreans First, They have adopted the mentality of other Eritreans which is You are Eritreans First because if all your tribe has vanished and you are the the only one left the rest of Eritreans will help you re-Build Your Tribe again and won't let it die.

However to Integrate the early Hause/Fulani Migrants Integrated culturally with The Tigre/Fulani just to make life easier But now since the Number has grown an option is on the table to preserve This history. The Ball Now falls Into the Eritrean Hausa/Fulani Court, The government would recognise them and make their language part of the eritrean languages if they wish, However the hausa/Fulani has to meet the Criteria's The main Criteria is pshycology Do they feel they are/want to be seperated From the nara/Tigre and form their own The nara are Very Likeable and a darling Tribe among the Eritreans, Very Nice and Loyal People and kindness of their Hearts is very Warming, Do the hausa/Fulani want to create their own Group?? Its entirely Up to them Just make the request and in few Years they would have it where their kids can go to school and learn Fulani/Hausa If they wish. Maybe they need more time for confidence to Step up, Creating your own Group is no Easy Task you need Leaders and resonsibilty and a system, a hausa/Fulani Man Killing a Beja man you need Elders to sort it out before The beja Kills 10 Fulani/Hausa In revenge we still In africa You know so with no structure The government Might Say Look You need to also Create structures/Leadership Among your Ethnic Group at the moment The nara/Tigre System LOOKS after the hausa/Fulani people if a fulani person accidently kills someone from another tribe the matter is sorted with Blood Money sheep/camels/Money etc in no time. You need a strong Leadership you going to be responisble and looking after 30,000 people, and you can't get a corrupt or morally Bad leader the government won't allow it.

I don't speak Fulani, I speak Arabic/English/Tigre/Tigrigna/Saho and abit of beja. Nara is a nilotic Language close to kanuri Hausa is not related at all, which is why in my opinion The hausa/Fulani integrated with the Nara they might have Related with them when they first Migrated to Eritrea.

I really enjoyed that clip thanks for sharing. What was the story the two characters were conveying? I interpreted the performance as a man trying to woo a woman.

Correct, Love is love no matter where you are. The Drummers/Band were Hausa/Fulani..The singer Is Nara/Kunama and the Girl is Blin a kushtic Tribe. The audience were from Every corner of Eritrea + Few white People as well.

I’ve also detected similarities between traditional music along the belt of Africa (Sahel and the Horn of Africa). So I’m guessing you have an appreciation for Sahelian music?
Listening to the Kunama music you shared reminded me of music from Niger/Northern Nigeria - but maybe because Hausa/Fulanis were involved - or even Sudanese music.

I do, I love Sahel Music The texture and History Is amazing, Especially when the Kirar/3 string Guitar is involved it just adds more melody and theme to the song. The music of Eritrean Folklore is similar to sahel Music across africa. Most of the music In eritrea is like this at least the Folklore or classic.

I've bombarded you with so many questions so thank you for being patient. So Ta_Xasa what would you like to know about Nigeria or West Africa?

You are welcome. I have alot of questions i hope i can benefit from your knowledge My friend.

1) Hausa/Fulani The language are they the sameIf not do Fulani speak Hausa and fulani and vice versa or they just speak one language
2) Tell me about Kanuri people In nigeria?
3) are the Darfurian people and Hausa/Fulani Related?
4) Boko Haram which Ethnic Group their Members are from?
5) What Ethnic Group Is Okocha?? he is My favourite Nigerian Player.
6) What does Nigerian Think Of northern Africans (Morrocans/Tunisans/Libyans/algerians/Egyptians) ?
7) Who Do Nigerian Rival More with Ghana/Cameroon or Ivory Coast
cool What is the religion Demographic In Nigeria??
9) Do Nigerians and Niger Hate Each other or there is Love there between them?
10) Is it their any hatred from Nigerian Towards East africa??I meant Real Hatred Not the "I am better than you African Mentality"lol because i would love to Visit Nigeria.
11) What Ethnic Group are you? grin you Don't need to answer this if you don't want to.

Thanks Again. smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ta_Xasa: Hi Emofine:

Hello Ta_Xasa, what do you think of the new website layout?

Tigrigna: It has almost 200 Letters

Wow.
How do the children learn 200 alphabets? Some adults find it hard to master 26 grin

Its more of a unifying Language In eritrea Taken abit from other langauges

Interesting. There are other countries that have a similar pattern to this like Swahili in Kenya/Tanzania. . .Lingala in Congo. . .and Pidgin in Nigeria.

It is also A Language Proven to be made In africa.

Originally African cool

Tigre Or Xasa: The Father of the Tigrigna Languages also Known as Geez, It is among the oldest Semitic Language if not the oldest, Very closely Related to the ancient Chaldean/Akkadian Language in mespotomia

Are the Christians in Eritrea orthodox?

Very smooth Language even when someone is insulting someone it sounds like he is saying poetic verses.

Lol grin

Saho: No bluff about them In war they would Fight for days with No sleep, The poverb In Eritrea is "God is with us Because he Made the Saho People Eritreans". Lol

smiley I’ve heard a little about the acclaim of Eritreans Army actually.

Nara: It has similarity with other Nilotic Languages across Africa but still has alot of difference. The hausa/Fulani In Eritrea mostly Live among the Nara people.
Kunama: A nilotic Language Related to Nara as well

Are the Nilotic languages related or carry similarities with the Nilo-Saharan languages?

while Majority of Kunama are Today Muslims it was Easier for them to become Muslims Because theY WORSHIPPED one god "Anaa"

I like the fact that the concept of “one god” wasn’t foreign to some African groups because it challenges those non-Africans who believed they could claim spiritual superiority because of their monotheism which wasn’t even unique to them.

Hausa and Fulani In sudan Is a serious Number, In the Millions. comparing it To Eritrea is really no comparison. From what I heard the one's In Eritrea stayed Because they couldn't afford the journey Back after mecca and decided to stay and Trade and save money but ended up having kids/more kids and their kids didn't want to leave.there is alot of Hausa/Fulani in saudia arabia for the same Reason too they couldn't go back for financial Reasons. They have been In saudi for 100-200-300 Years even some Earlier. I doubt Religious Climate had anything to do with it because 100 Years ago In Eritrea Muslims were a great Minority Maybe 10-20%, most of today Muslim Tribes were Non muslims, The nara were animist and Kunama were mostly animist and the largest Tirbe In eritrea, today the Kunama are only 2% funny how 100 Years changes a demographic of a country. Eritrea is always has been a welcoming Land to anyone Regardless of religion or Background.

Have you been to Sudan before?
What is the population of Eritrea? (are the Hausa/Fulanis included in the census?)

The Hausa/Fulani In Eritrea has proven their allegiance to the land and their fellow Eritrean Tribes, They Bled for the land and were the first to join The Eritrean Liberation Movement to free Eritrea from Ethiopia, The rule In Eritrea is you bleed for the land and the Land shall Belong to you. Vey Low Profile people Though, The are very proud Eritreans and even when they go to other countries They make sure they are known as Eritreans First, They have adopted the mentality of other Eritreans which is You are Eritreans First because if all your tribe has vanished and you are the the only one left the rest of Eritreans will help you re-Build Your Tribe again and won't let it die.

I had no idea that Hausa/Fulanis fought alongside Eritreans for their independence. A while ago I read something similar to what you have said about those spilling blood for Eritrea’s independence. That is why I thought that Hausa/Fulanis would never be accepted because I didn’t know that they had also been fighting alongside Eritrea. In fact I think I read somewhere that they hadn’t participated in the struggle. Well I guess you learn something different new every day.

Correct, Love is love no matter where you are. The Drummers/Band were Hausa/Fulani..The singer Is Nara/Kunama and the Girl is Blin a kushtic Tribe. The audience were from Every corner of Eritrea + Few white People as well.

Where those white people Italians?

I do, I love Sahel Music The texture and History Is amazing, Especially when the Kirar/3 string Guitar is involved it just adds more melody and theme to the song. The music of Eritrean Folklore is similar to sahel Music across africa. Most of the music In eritrea is like this at least the Folklore or classic.

Before, I used to consider if similarities among different countries within the same continent existed along a longitudinal axis. It kinda seems now that more similarities may be found along the horizontal plane.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
Interesting set of questions. Honestly I don’t know the answers to all of them or even to a great extent but I’ll try and answer them all as best as I can. I must warn you I’m no expert though.

1) Hausa/Fulani The language are they the sameIf not do Fulani speak Hausa and fulani and vice versa or they just speak one language

Hausa and Fula are not the same; they do not even belong in the same language family.
If you mean: do the Hausa and Fulani people speak the same language – well that depends.
When you explained that some Hausa/Fulani’s assimilated with particular groups in Eritrea it reminded me of the dynamics of the Hausa and Fulani in Nigeria.
From what I’ve been told many Fulani’s in Nigeria speak Hausa even as a first language; even to the extent where some Fulani’s don’t even speak Fulfulde anymore. So in Nigeria it’s more likely that a Fulani speaks Hausa than Fulfulde and for a Hausa to speak Hausa. Hausa is the dominant language in Northern Nigeria.
In other West African nations housing these two groups, the situation differs.
In Nigeria the Fulani’s and Hausas are somehow merged forming a synergy thus the term "Hausa-Fulani" but some of them have intermarried. Only in Nigeria is the term Hausa-Fulani even relevant. In Niger for example the term Hausa and Fulani exists separately.

2) Tell me about Kanuri people In nigeria?

I don’t know too much about the Kanuri people unfortunately. The little I know of them is all researched. They are concentrated in the North East and their language is classified as Nilo-Saharan. That’s why I asked you if Kanuri was perhaps probably similar to Nara. But I don’t know if Nilo-Saharan and Nilotic people share similarities other than the name of their language group lol. The Kanuris just like the Hausa’s and Fulanis are also reported to have a significant diaspora in Sudan and Eritrea. I wonder if you have seen any Kanuris in Eritrea.

3) are the Darfurian people and Hausa/Fulani Related?

Hmm . . . I don’t know to be honest. Hopefully a Hausa or Fulani could shed some light.
However there is an ethnic group in Nigeria that is said to have originated from Darfur and Kurdufan in Sudan. The Shuwa Arabs or Baggara in North East Nigeria originally come from Sudan. They are neighbours of the Kanuris.

4) Boko Haram which Ethnic Group their Members are from?

Well Boko Haram is not tribe specific. Some of the members from this sect comprise of Kanuri, Hausa, Nigeriens, Chadians, Fulanis etc.

5) What Ethnic Group Is Okocha?? he is My favourite Nigerian Player.

Okocha is Igbo lol.
He’s your favourite “Nigerian” player. So who is you favourite African player? grin

6) What does Nigerian Think Of northern Africans (Morrocans/Tunisans/Libyans/algerians/Egyptians) ?

Interesting question, I wonder what made you ask this lol.
I can’t speak for every Nigerian but as far as I’m aware of we don’t harbour any national hostility towards these nations. But as for Libya, well our government and the Former Gadhafi Libyan government were not exactly the best of friends. It would actually be interesting to ask a Muslim or Northern Nigerian this question because of their history, geography and religion (those corresponding to Islam). But as for me personally I’m pretty interested in Morocco particularly their architecture and I would like to visit Egypt someday but my heart is open to all nations from Africa.

7) Who Do Nigerian Rival More with Ghana/Cameroon or Ivory Coast

Haha.
Ivory Coast? Hmm I seriously doubt it but maybe it depends on an issue i.e. Naija/Cameroon rivalry is exclusive to football. But still I doubt it very much.
In terms of football our “rivalry” is mainly with Ghana and Cameroon.
In terms of politics our “rivalry” is mostly with Ghana and South Africa.
However Nigerians and Ghanaians have an interesting relationship where both nationals can automatically become oppositions to each other for the most trivial of things - always wanting to outdo each other. So I would perhaps describe our relationship with Ghana as a sibling “rivalry”.

8)What is the religion Demographic In Nigeria?

Nigeria has a significant Muslim and Christian Population. But the percentages differs according to some stats. However it’s often approximately cited as 50/50 ± but usually the slight majority is awarded to Muslims. I still have my reservations about certain statistics as largely I don’t have faith in how they are executed.
Also there are a few who still practise traditional religion like one poster called PAGAN9JA.
And some mix animism with the imported faiths.

9) Do Nigerians and Niger Hate Each other or there is Love there between them?

Lol I wonder what made you ask this. Well Northern Nigerians and Southern Nigeriens are pretty much the same; they are brothers. Northern Nigeria and Southern Niger is the official homeland of the Hausas plus they share other similar ethnic groups like the Fulani, Kanuri etc. A northern Nigerian should be able to relate well with a Nigerien.

10) Is it their any hatred from Nigerian Towards East africa??I meant Real Hatred Not the "I am better than you African Mentality"lol because i would love to Visit Nigeria.

Nigerians don’t harbour a national hatred for East Africans. Superiority complex may be there but certainly not animosity.
What have been your experiences when interacting with Nigerians?
You want to visit Nigeria and I would love to visit the red sea in Eritrea cheesy

11) What Ethnic Group are you? you Don't need to answer this if you don't want to.

Lol. You may not have heard of my ethnic group – even some Nigerians don’t know it.
I’m from a minority group called Isoko that come from Delta State, Southern Nigeria.
However I was born in the North smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Hello dear friend.
I answered on 1/3/2012.
Check the "spam"
I send my warmest regards!

cool
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 12:35am On Mar 12, 2012
emöfine2:

Hello Ta_Xasa, what do you think of the new website layout?

I like It, However at one stage i couldn't Upload My reply and it wouldn't allow me and i thought it was either the Site was Upgrading or i got the quickest Ban in Forum History.lol

emöfine2:
Wow.
How do the children learn 200 alphabets? Some adults find it hard to master 26 grin

When you are young its easy to learn it.

emöfine2:
Interesting. There are other countries that have a similar pattern to this like Swahili in Kenya/Tanzania. . .Lingala in Congo. . .and Pidgin in Nigeria.

Correct. Swahili would be Similar to the concept To tigrigna, I haven't Heard of Lingala or Pidgin.

emöfine2:

Are the Christians in Eritrea orthodox?

Yes. The majority of Christians In eritrea are Orthodox. However there is a decent population of Catholic Too and some Protestants.

emöfine2:

smiley I’ve heard a little about the acclaim of Eritreans Army actually.

The Eritrean Army is the Most Experience Army In Africa, 40 Years of experience, The mentality of Eritrean Army Is courageous and Disturbing on the same time, When they allocate Numbers for the army they Think we can afford to Lose 400,000 Soldiers Not fight with 400,000 Soldiers, They don't believe In surrounding a town and wait for the white flag rather they would estimate they would lose x amount of men to take it and if its ok they will take it In few Hours, Just like what happened In south sudan with the eritrean army. In 1991 They occupied The capital Of ethiopia with 30,000 Soldiers and It took them two days to enter the capital from their Front line 1000's of km's away. Ethiopian army was the strongest In africa in the 1980's with 1 million soldiers and heavily equipped with soviet hardware.

emöfine2:

Are the Nilotic languages related or carry similarities with the Nilo-Saharan languages?

Yes they are from the same Branch, Kunama and Nara came from Sudan Nile Region few thousand Years ago.

emöfine2:

I like the fact that the concept of “one god” wasn’t foreign to some African groups because it challenges those non-Africans who believed they could claim spiritual superiority because of their monotheism which wasn’t even unique to them.

The kunama had the concept of one God for as long as their existence, That is at least 4000-5000 Years.

emöfine2:

Have you been to Sudan before?
What is the population of Eritrea? (are the Hausa/Fulanis included in the census?)

I have been Once. Hahahaha Funny country. Sudanese People are nice But not to be trusted No loyalty what so ever. The exception for me Is east sudan They are the same as Eritreans (Beja and Tigre people) so its similar.

emöfine2:

I had no idea that Hausa/Fulanis fought alongside Eritreans for their independence. A while ago I read something similar to what you have said about those spilling blood for Eritrea’s independence. That is why I thought that Hausa/Fulanis would never be accepted because I didn’t know that they had also been fighting alongside Eritrea. In fact I think I read somewhere that they hadn’t participated in the struggle. Well I guess you learn something different new every day.

They have fought for Eritrea's Liberation, But Many presumed they were Nara or Tigre at that time, They were actually one of the first to pick Up the guns with The tigre and nara/Kunama to start the armed struggle. Their Main City where they Live was actually the Head quarters of the Eritrean Liberation Front for 20 Years so It's called Barentu. So they did more of their Share of slaughtering Ethiopian Soldiers and for Eritrea's Liberation No Eritrean Would Dare Deny this.

emöfine2:

Where those white people Italians?

They were tourists. Most likely Italians. I am not sure though.

emöfine2:

Before, I used to consider if similarities among different countries within the same continent existed along a longitudinal axis. It kinda seems now that more similarities may be found along the horizontal plane.

There is alot of similarity we just need to scratch the surface smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 1:31am On Mar 12, 2012
emöfine2:

Hausa and Fula are not the same; they do not even belong in the same language family.
If you mean: do the Hausa and Fulani people speak the same language – well that depends.
When you explained that some Hausa/Fulani’s assimilated with particular groups in Eritrea it reminded me of the dynamics of the Hausa and Fulani in Nigeria.
From what I’ve been told many Fulani’s in Nigeria speak Hausa even as a first language; even to the extent where some Fulani’s don’t even speak Fulfulde anymore. So in Nigeria it’s more likely that a Fulani speaks Hausa than Fulfulde and for a Hausa to speak Hausa. Hausa is the dominant language in Northern Nigeria.
In other West African nations housing these two groups, the situation differs.
In Nigeria the Fulani’s and Hausas are somehow merged forming a synergy thus the term "Hausa-Fulani" but some of them have intermarried. Only in Nigeria is the term Hausa-Fulani even relevant. In Niger for example the term Hausa and Fulani exists separately.

Very Interesting. I think In east africa Fulani is also Counted as a seperate from hausa, Infact In arab countries and some part of east africa a hausa would be labelled as fulani to make it easier for identity.

emöfine2:

I don’t know too much about the Kanuri people unfortunately. The little I know of them is all researched. They are concentrated in the North East and their language is classified as Nilo-Saharan. That’s why I asked you if Kanuri was perhaps probably similar to Nara. But I don’t know if Nilo-Saharan and Nilotic people share similarities other than the name of their language group lol. The Kanuris just like the Hausa’s and Fulanis are also reported to have a significant diaspora in Sudan and Eritrea. I wonder if you have seen any Kanuris in Eritrea.

The reason i ask is because I remember a kanuri Nigerian who was hot headed lol and i thought maybe the whole ethnic group are hot tempered. The kanuri and Nara/Kunama are both Nilo-saharan they could easily be from the same parent tribe before they split in the nile valley. I am not sure about kanuri In eritrea is there is they might have integrated with the nara.

emöfine2:

Hmm . . . I don’t know to be honest. Hopefully a Hausa or Fulani could shed some light.
However there is an ethnic group in Nigeria that is said to have originated from Darfur and Kurdufan in Sudan. The Shuwa Arabs or Baggara in North East Nigeria originally come from Sudan. They are neighbours of the Kanuris.

Oh god you have Baggara In nigeria? looool Be careful of them. They are a handful.

emöfine2:

Well Boko Haram is not tribe specific. Some of the members from this sect comprise of Kanuri, Hausa, Nigeriens, Chadians, Fulanis etc.

I gotcha. smiley

emöfine2:

Okocha is Igbo lol.
He’s your favourite “Nigerian” player. So who is you favourite African player? grin

I have many: Abede Pele, Okocha, Aboutrika from Egypt and a nigerian player long ago his name is emmanuel amunike (not sure of spelling) he used to play for my favourite team when i lived in egypt and used to go and see him and play when i was a kid.

emöfine2:

Interesting question, I wonder what made you ask this lol.
I can’t speak for every Nigerian but as far as I’m aware of we don’t harbour any national hostility towards these nations. But as for Libya, well our government and the Former Gadhafi Libyan government were not exactly the best of friends. It would actually be interesting to ask a Muslim or Northern Nigerian this question because of their history, geography and religion (those corresponding to Islam). But as for me personally I’m pretty interested in Morocco particularly their architecture and I would like to visit Egypt someday but my heart is open to all nations from Africa.

Its from experience that is why i asked.

emöfine2:

Haha.
Ivory Coast? Hmm I seriously doubt it but maybe it depends on an issue i.e. Naija/Cameroon rivalry is exclusive to football. But still I doubt it very much.
In terms of football our “rivalry” is mainly with Ghana and Cameroon.
In terms of politics our “rivalry” is mostly with Ghana and South Africa.
However Nigerians and Ghanaians have an interesting relationship where both nationals can automatically become oppositions to each other for the most trivial of things - always wanting to outdo each other. So I would perhaps describe our relationship with Ghana as a sibling “rivalry”.

Good stuff.

emöfine2:

Nigeria has a significant Muslim and Christian Population. But the percentages differs according to some stats. However it’s often approximately cited as 50/50 ± but usually the slight majority is awarded to Muslims. I still have my reservations about certain statistics as largely I don’t have faith in how they are executed.
Also there are a few who still practise traditional religion like one poster called PAGAN9JA.
And some mix animism with the imported faiths.

I see.

emöfine2:

Lol I wonder what made you ask this. Well Northern Nigerians and Southern Nigeriens are pretty much the same; they are brothers. Northern Nigeria and Southern Niger is the official homeland of the Hausas plus they share other similar ethnic groups like the Fulani, Kanuri etc. A northern Nigerian should be able to relate well with a Nigerien.

Thanks for the Info.

emöfine2:

Nigerians don’t harbour a national hatred for East Africans. Superiority complex may be there but certainly not animosity.
What have been your experiences when interacting with Nigerians?
You want to visit Nigeria and I would love to visit the red sea in Eritrea cheesy

Very good so far. I met Igbo Nigerians In Holland Few years ago and i must say the Group of them were very Nice people, I met many hausa/Fulani In egypt when i lived there. Youruba i still haven't met any yet.

emöfine2:

Lol. You may not have heard of my ethnic group – even some Nigerians don’t know it.
I’m from a minority group called Isoko that come from Delta State, Southern Nigeria.
However I was born in the North smiley

I have Heard of it, A guy In egypt who went to my school was from that Ethnic group and few months later every Egyptian Kid in the school were calling him Isoko instead of his Real name, the egyptains liked The name alot more even the teachers were calling him that, so i have heard of the Name but don't know much about it. some egyptains in the school would even ask nigerians who were hausa/Fulani if they were Isoko and they would get Irritated lol They would say what's with the egyptains in this school and isoko. they would pronounce it Isoookooo .lol

1 Like

Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2012
Ta_Xasa: I like It, However at one stage i couldn't Upload My reply and it wouldn't allow me and i thought it was either the Site was Upgrading or i got the quickest Ban in Forum History.lol

Lol. Well I got the quickest name change in history. Notice the digit at the end of my name.
Plus I had to keep on changing my password just to be recognized. I think the site is still a work in progress though.

I haven't Heard of Lingala or Pidgin.

Have you listened to any Congolese (Kinshasa) music? – if so you probably have heard Lingala.
Lingala is also spoken in parts of Angola and Congo Brazzaville. The language is quite beautiful.

Pidgin is corrupted English. In Nigeria (and other coastal nations in Anglophone West Africa) we manipulated English into our own syntax.
You may see pidgin being spoken often in this forum and you may have heard some Nigerians speaking this dialect before.
If you know patois (Jamaican English) Pidgin is similar.

The Eritrean Army is the Most Experience Army In Africa, 40 Years of experience, The mentality of Eritrean Army Is courageous and Disturbing on the same time, When they allocate Numbers for the army they Think we can afford to Lose 400,000 Soldiers Not fight with 400,000 Soldiers, They don't believe In surrounding a town and wait for the white flag rather they would estimate they would lose x amount of men to take it and if its ok they will take it In few Hours, Just like what happened In south sudan with the eritrean army. In 1991 They occupied The capital Of ethiopia with 30,000 Soldiers and It took them two days to enter the capital from their Front line 1000's of km's away. Ethiopian army was the strongest In africa in the 1980's with 1 million soldiers and heavily equipped with soviet hardware.

I remember a quote from an Eritrean. He said Eritreans only kneel down for two things, when we pray and when we’re shooting lol. I probably badly paraphrased that though.

They have fought for Eritrea’s Liberation, But Many presumed they were Nara or Tigre at that time, They were actually one of the first to pick Up the guns with The tigre and nara/Kunama to start the armed struggle. Their Main City where they Live was actually the Head quarters of the Eritrean Liberation Front for 20 Years so It’s called Barentu. So they did more of their Share of slaughtering Ethiopian Soldiers and for Eritrea’s Liberation No Eritrean Would Dare Deny this.

Interesting. I’ve always regarded the Fulani’s as fearsome people though – well I guess they must be to travel the length of the desert and Sahel belt.

The kunama had the concept of one God for as long as their existence, That is at least 4000-5000 Years.

Do you know much about the beliefs of the Kunama’s. Apart from the concept of one god Is Anaa similar to Allah in other ways?

They have fought for Eritrea's Liberation, But Many presumed they were Nara or Tigre at that time, They were actually one of the first to pick Up the guns with The tigre and nara/Kunama to start the armed struggle. Their Main City where they Live was actually the Head quarters of the Eritrean Liberation Front for 20 Years so It's called Barentu. So they did more of their Share of slaughtering Ethiopian Soldiers and for Eritrea's Liberation No Eritrean Would Dare Deny this.

Are not the Hausa/Fulanis distinguishable from the indigenous population of Eritrea?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 7:11am On Mar 13, 2012
Ta_Xasa: Very Interesting. I think In east africa Fulani is also Counted as a seperate from hausa, Infact In arab countries and some part of east africa a hausa would be labelled as fulani to make it easier for identity.

Are Fulanis more known in East Africa and Arab countries than Hausas?

The reason i ask is because I remember a kanuri Nigerian who was hot headed lol and i thought maybe the whole ethnic group are hot tempered. The kanuri and Nara/Kunama are both Nilo-saharan they could easily be from the same parent tribe before they split in the nile valley. I am not sure about kanuri In eritrea is there is they might have integrated with the nara.

Lol I see. I’ve never met a Kanuri person face to face before. He may have just been an anomaly though.

Oh god you have Baggara In nigeria ? looool Be careful of them. They are a handful.

Lol they have been living in Nigeria for years now just like the Hausa, Fulanis and Kanuris have been living in Sudan for many years.
They are a minority in Nigeria plus I’ve never heard any wild stories about them.

I have many: Abede Pele, Okocha, Aboutrika from Egypt and a nigerian player long ago his name is emmanuel amunike (not sure of spelling) he used to play for my favourite team when i lived in egypt and used to go and see him and play when i was a kid.

My favourite African footballer kinda doesn’t qualify since he played for another country but nevertheless I love Zinedine Zidane grin

Its from experience that is why i asked.

Oh ok. What did you notice from the interaction between Nigerians and their North African counterparts?

I have Heard of it, A guy In egypt who went to my school was from that Ethnic group and few months later every Egyptian Kid in the school were calling him Isoko instead of his Real name, the egyptains liked The name alot more even the teachers were calling him that, so i have heard of the Name but don't know much about it. some egyptains in the school would even ask nigerians who were hausa/Fulani if they were Isoko and they would get Irritated lol They would say what's with the egyptains in this school and isoko. they would pronounce it Isoookooo .lol

Haha.
I wonder why they liked the name. Isoko is actually a legitimate name in Japanese.
I in Isoko is pronounced as E - Esoko.
Actually I’ve noticed that a lot of ethnic groups in Nigeria begin with the letter I lol.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 8:31am On Mar 13, 2012
emöfine2:

Lol. Well I got the quickest name change in history. Notice the digit at the end of my name.
Plus I had to keep on changing my password just to be recognized. I think the site is still a work in progress though.

Hahaha Oh yeah you had a name Upgrade. New Look for 2012 Good stuff.

emöfine2:
Have you listened to any Congolese (Kinshasa) music? – if so you probably have heard Lingala.
Lingala is also spoken in parts of Angola and Congo Brazzaville. The language is quite beautiful.

Pidgin is corrupted English. In Nigeria (and other coastal nations in Anglophone West Africa) we manipulated English into our own syntax.
You may see pidgin being spoken often in this forum and you may have heard some Nigerians speaking this dialect before.
If you know patois (Jamaican English) Pidgin is similar.

I am Looking into it Now. Very Interesting. I love West African Cerole English, especially The Liberian/Sierra leone.

emöfine2:

I remember a quote from an Eritrean. He said Eritreans only kneel down for two things, when we pray and when we’re shooting lol. I probably badly paraphrased that though.

Correct. You got it Right.

emöfine2:

Interesting. I’ve always regarded the Fulani’s as fearsome people though – well I guess they must be to travel the length of the desert and Sahel belt.

Fulani People have something which is very good, They are loyal to the land where they reside no matter where they are, That quality Earns them respect, n In Eritrea there is a poverb that Eritrea Chooses you Not the other way around.

emöfine2:

Do you know much about the beliefs of the Kunama’s. Apart from the concept of one god Is Anaa similar to Allah in other ways?

Here is all the Info of Kunama Traditional Belief.

http://www.baden-kunama.com/beliefs-RELIGIONS%20IN%20ERITREA%20Part%204%20%28RKPHA%202001%29.html

emöfine2:

Are not the Hausa/Fulanis distinguishable from the indigenous population of Eritrea?

Very Hard to pinpoint a fulani/hausa In Eritrea these days, The integration with Nara/Tigre/Beja/Kunama and the way they dress you can't Guess it since they are also fluent In Eritrean languages, Beside All Ethnic groups In Eritrea Excepet Rashida Arabs Come in all shapes,shades,Features These days since all ethnic groups in Eritrea either split from another or been mixing with each other. To tell you the truth I think the group In eritrea are more Fulani than Hausa But since The hausa are Linked with the fulani In west africa Many people presume its the same in east africa.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2012
emöfine2:

Are Fulanis more known in East Africa and Arab countries than Hausas?

By far The fulani are more Known, Infact Any eastern African apart from sudanese who hasn't been on the net would know Fulani but would have No Idea what is hausa, In saudia arabia and the Gulf Countries all black citizens are Known as the Unofficial Title "Fulani", when you see the majority of the saudia arabia National team who has western african Features they are all Known as Fulani Regardless of their background. Fulani would be the most recognised west african Tribe In arab country especially In the gulf states.

emöfine2:
Lol I see. I’ve never met a Kanuri person face to face before. He may have just been an anomaly though.

He was Crazy, Funny Crazy though he Loved arab Girls, I met Him when i went to Egypt for a visit Last time in my hotel, he was by himself with no arabic so i let him tag along with me and my crew, He was Chasing Egyptian Girls All Day everyday.lol Didn't had much Luck at the start Till i gave him few tips and he was Running away from them after that, lol He wanted to Buy an ak47 for self protection on the second day there. lol He fell In love with this Egyptain Girl there and decided to stay Longer, I had to Fly back but Had an egyptain Friend There to check up on him till he left since Egypt could be Nasty for people who don't have No one there, He left few weeks after Me from what my egyptian Friend told me, But Lost contact with him since then.

emöfine2:
Lol they have been living in Nigeria for years now just like the Hausa, Fulanis and Kanuris have been living in Sudan for many years.
They are a minority in Nigeria plus I’ve never heard any wild stories about them.

These people are a handful, But also an asset For Nigeria, The darfur Rebels are Mostly made from them, and the funny thing is the sudanese army is too.loool They are Like the agressive Version of Fulani's If they need to be, I have met a few and they Like plotting what ever it is, either plotting to get a bargain on groceries or world domination.lol They would test you to check your nerve, They have a mix Feeling about Eritreans,Eritreans Helped Darfurian Rebels and established a H.Q for them In Eritrea's Capital But know of Eritrean Blood Link with the beja people of east sudan who are not a fan of each other.

emöfine2:
My favourite African footballer kinda doesn’t qualify since he played for another country but nevertheless I love Zinedine Zidane grin

Zidane Is a legend.

emöfine2:
Oh ok. What did you notice from the interaction between Nigerians and their North African counterparts?

I don't see much from what i observed, But Since some East africans and Nigerian can Get along with each other the funny place to be is at a place watching an african Cup game between Nigeria and a north african Team, I relaised Egyptian and Nigerian Are cool with each other and compliment and respect each other, Morrocan and algerians sook if they lose but would congratualte Nigerians sitting down after the game, Tunisian on the other hand and Nigerians from the last time I watched was going to turn into a rwanda, Racism/trash talk is the norm between These two offcourse Both don't understand But i understand Arabic and a nigerian Person would tell me what the rest are saying, and since some East africans Understand Arabic and watching the game as neutral by half time They are cheering for Nigeria and fed up with the tunisians, By the end of it a somali Guy who was Just sitting trying to enjoy the game ended Throwing a water pipe into a tunisian with bad Mouth and burned His arm, the tunisian said " Lets beat these black Apes" and the somali Understood it.lol It only take One somali to understand and the rest of the somali Got the message the other tunisians had to kick Their friend out and apologise looool I don't know if you heard But somali are Known among East Africans to have a short Fuse and wouldn't let anything like this pass.lol

emöfine2:
Haha.
I wonder why they liked the name. Isoko is actually a legitimate name in Japanese.
I in Isoko is pronounced as E - Esoko.
Actually I’ve noticed that a lot of ethnic groups in Nigeria begin with the letter I lol.

Egyptians Like Exotic sounding Names, From My experience anything with Multiple letter words and ending with "o" or "a" is catchy Phrase for Egyptians, The reason in my Opinion is because Its just Unlike arabic, words They like alot is Burkina Faaso, Droogba , Etooo, Akocha etc.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by ifyalways(f): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2012
Lovely and interestinf thread.

Ta Xaxa,what language is your lingua franca?which type of marriage is dominant in your place.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 12:16am On Mar 14, 2012
ifyalways: Lovely and interestinf thread.

Ta Xaxa,what language is your lingua franca?which type of marriage is dominant in your place.

Hello Ifyalways,

The Lingua Franca Language In Eritrea Is Tigrigna,Arabic and english, I can speak these three plus another two. But usually alot of people end up speaking other Tribe languages without resorting to those Three. About Marriage Im not quite sure of your question But There is every sort of marriage. Religious Marriage/Modern/Tribal/Cultural Etc. It all depends on How The family wants to celebrate but usually Include all these In few days of celebration. It all depends on your Timeframe and budget. But the weddings is usually taken over By your parents as it seems they celebrate More than you and that's Unnegotiable so they would always try to make it a wedding people would remember.lol
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 10:17am On Mar 14, 2012
Ta_Xasa: I am Looking into it Now. Very Interesting. I love West African Cerole English, especially The Liberian/Sierra leone.

cool It’s even very easy to learn

Correct. You got it Right.

Lol I love that saying.

Fulani People have something which is very good, They are loyal to the land where they reside no matter where they are, That quality Earns them respect, n In Eritrea there is a poverb that Eritrea Chooses you Not the other way around.

I’ve never actually thought about it like that or in those specific words but now considering it, it does seem to ring true.

Here is all the Info of Kunama Traditional Belief.

Thanks for that link. I loved every single word and sentence on the introductory page. That was brilliantly articulated. If only more Africans could think like that.
By the way is the word Kunuma a derivative of their god Anna?

I ask because I was studying some of the words on that site that alluded to god i.e Annam koske or Annam aneneke and “Annam” appears slightly similar to Kunama. Or maybe I’m just grasping at straws.

You said earlier that Kunama were monotheists which made it easier for them to adopt Islam. I’ve also heard similar stories about other African groups who claim that conversion was easier due to certain similarities with their native beliefs and the imported faiths which just makes me think. . . . shouldn't those similarities reaffirm such people’s conviction in their god if commonalities can be traced in other cultures. I just didn't understand that reason for converting. If that’s the case then maybe the messengers of Islam and the Christians evangelist in Africa should have converted to some religion on the continent by that same token. undecided

To tell you the truth I think the group In eritrea are more Fulani than Hausa But since The hausa are Linked with the fulani In west africa Many people presume its the same in east africa.

Interesting.

By far The fulani are more Known, Infact Any eastern African apart from sudanese who hasn't been on the net would know Fulani but would have No Idea what is hausa

Interesting. I wonder how the Fulani has acquired more fame than the Hausa – is it because of their nomadic nature?

In saudia arabia and the Gulf Countries all black citizens are Known as the Unofficial Title "Fulani", when you see the majority of the saudia arabia National team who has western african Features they are all Known as Fulani Regardless of their background. Fulani would be the most recognised west african Tribe In arab country especially In the gulf states.

I actually thought it would be Hausa. Intriguing.

He was Crazy, Funny Crazy though he Loved arab Girls, I met Him when i went to Egypt for a visit Last time in my hotel, he was by himself with no arabic so i let him tag along with me and my crew, He was Chasing Egyptian Girls All Day everyday.[b]lol Didn't had much Luck at the start Till i gave him few tips and he was Running away from them after that,[/b]lol He wanted to Buy an ak47 for self protection on the second day there. lol He fell In love with this Egyptain Girl there and decided to stay Longer, I had to Fly back but Had an egyptain Friend There to check up on him till he left since Egypt could be Nasty for people who don't have No one there, He left few weeks after Me from what my egyptian Friend told me, But Lost contact with him since then.

lol @ red bolded grin grin
He was a Nigerian Kanuri?

These people are a handful, But also an asset For Nigeria, The darfur Rebels are Mostly made from them, and the funny thing is the sudanese army is too.loool They are Like the agressive Version of Fulani's If they need to be, I have met a few and they Like plotting what ever it is, either plotting to get a bargain on groceries or world domination.lol They would test you to check your nerve, They have a mix Feeling about Eritreans,Eritreans Helped Darfurian Rebels and established a H.Q for them In Eritrea's Capital But know of Eritrean Blood Link with the beja people of east sudan who are not a fan of each other.

Lol so the supporters of APC are baggara?

Zidane Is a legend.

Yep. What Zidane is to football is equivalent to what Federer is to tennis – such finesse and artistry both men portray, and even though they’re sportsmen they embody such skill it’s almost like performance art – well at least to me anyway.

Funny that both are technically or sort of African. One is Algerian the other is half South African grin

I don't see much from what i observed, But Since some East africans and Nigerian can Get along with each other the funny place to be is at a place watching an african Cup game between Nigeria and a north african Team, I relaised Egyptian and Nigerian Are cool with each other and compliment and respect each other, Morrocan and algerians sook if they lose but would congratualte Nigerians sitting down after the game, Tunisian on the other hand and Nigerians from the last time I watched was going to turn into a rwanda, Racism/trash talk is the norm between These two offcourse Both don't understand But i understand Arabic and a nigerian Person would tell me what the rest are saying, and since some East africans Understand Arabic and watching the game as neutral by half time They are cheering for Nigeria and fed up with the tunisians, By the end of it a somali Guy who was Just sitting trying to enjoy the game ended Throwing a water pipe into a tunisian with bad Mouth and burned His arm, the tunisian said " Lets beat these black Apes" and the somali Understood it.lol It only take One somali to understand and the rest of the somali Got the message the other tunisians had to kick Their friend out and apologise looool I don't know if you heard But somali are Known among East Africans to have a short Fuse and wouldn't let anything like this pass.lol

Lol. One thing I detest about football is the “extremist” fans. I can’t understand how the often titled “beautiful” game can create such brutes over a 90 minute performance. I think English fanatics are perhaps the worst I’ve come across but no doubt Africans love football lol.

Egyptians Like Exotic sounding Names, From My experience anything with Multiple letter words and ending with "o" or "a" is catchy Phrase for Egyptians, The reason in my Opinion is because Its just Unlike arabic, words They like alot is Burkina Faaso, Droogba , Etooo, Akocha etc.

Lol. I should definitely got to Egypt grin
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by ifyalways(f): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2012
Thank you Ta Xaxa.

I'm interested in the cultural/tribal marriage.How is it performed,any dowry to be paid or flogging like the Fulani's do ?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by EEngineer1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2012
i have enjoyed this thread from the beginning,
i have many questions for u Ta xasa, but first i would like to clarify some of ur opinions
the kanuri in nigeria are similar to the fulani in the sense that they are united with the hausas in language, customs and religion
they do not differentiate themselves from the hausas, our former military dictator General sani abacha was a kanuri

they also have one thing in common with the fulanis, their looks, they look different from the hausa's and most times are chocolate to fair in complexion, the northerners are generally attracted to the kanuri and fulani women
most of them dont speak their language, they speak hausa and they always answer arabic names like the hausas, names like ibrahim,mohammed, abubakar, abdul etc
they have some local names like galadima, shettima etc
i hope that clarifies things

now to my question, is it true that east africans dont see themselves as africans especially the ethiopians,eritreans and somalians, do east africans suffer from the same complex northern sudanese suffer from and what european language do you eritreans speak, is it italian?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2012
emöfine2:

cool It’s even very easy to learn

I just Love How The africans play around with langauges Full stop, and i would love to learn the west African Version of it it does sound Fun to speak it.

emöfine2:

Thanks for that link. I loved every single word and sentence on the introductory page. That was brilliantly articulated. If only more Africans could think like that.
By the way is the word Kunuma a derivative of their god Anna?

My Kunama Is really Bad But Kunama Means from what i Understand "Coming from Different Directions" as in Ka Means North i think, when the Kunama came To Eritrea Thousands of Years ago they Came in waves and from different Direction from the Nile Valley and entered Eritrea from Different Area's and Gathered In Eritrea again. Every Tribal Name In Eritrea apart From Blin means Nomads/wonderers In their Native Language. That is why The camel In Eritran Emblem to reflect however/whenever you came To Eritrea This is your Home Now.

emöfine2:

I ask because I was studying some of the words on that site that alluded to god i.e Annam koske or Annam aneneke and “Annam” appears slightly similar to Kunama. Or maybe I’m just grasping at straws.

Like i said I am Very Very bad at Nilo-sahel Langauges, But from what I observe Is Kunama and nara and many Nilo sahara Languages have Similar words Meaning Different Things, Nilo Languages Is like The Chinese of africa words could mean the same But a slight Tongue Variation could mean a whole different word. But still it could be the same But Honestly i can't give you confirmation of this word Links.

emöfine2:

You said earlier that Kunama were monotheists which made it easier for them to adopt Islam. I’ve also heard similar stories about other African groups who claim that conversion was easier due to certain similarities with their native beliefs and the imported faiths which just makes me think. . . . shouldn't those similarities reaffirm such people’s conviction in their god if commonalities can be traced in other cultures. I just didn't understand that reason for converting. If that’s the case then maybe the messengers of Islam and the Christians evangelist in Africa should have converted to some religion on the continent by that same token. undecided

It's Just the pressure of Neighbouring Tribes, If you look at History Many People around the world converted to abrhamic Religions for convienent or pressure Rather than 100% conviction from the khazarians Turks In asia to many african Tribes, Kunama Location weren't The best at times, surrounded By Beja/Tigre and Nara who by then fully converted to Islam The kunama who were Mostly Farmers Knew Title Change would give them Breathing space, and The kunama who Converted were/are those who are Bordering The other Tribes, 100-200 Years ago wasn't like today, Tribal Aggression was Open and if your Neigbouring Tribes were not Muslim or Christian you were a target for takeover/Raids Because it was allowed under the pretext of epanding the religion Etc. Nowadays is different Africa is more calmed especailly when it comes to Religion conversion, Yes you have conversions But its done with other means like Preaching or Engaging with people to bring into Faith. Not Raiding the whole Tribe and forcing Anymore. In Eritrea Conversion Hardly Happens Now except for maybe 2 or 3 every Year which is low approaching people to preach is a taboo
and many evangelists and Pentecostal has been Kicked out of the country Banning Most of them, The reason is While Trying to convert 10 or even 100 the methods they use could end up Creating a rwanda style massacre there because they tend to cross the Line Many times with their conversion methods, example is Targeting Little Kids as young as 9 Years Old coming back from school and trying to Hand them Crosses and Bibles, what happens when they get Home and a mob of 1000 people come out with their Horses and Swords waiting for these Preachers, Not a Good sight and the governemnt Is sick and tired of bailing them out so they decided enough is enough and Kicked them out for disturbing the harmony and respect that exist in the country, I don't have a problem with preaching the religion However Not kids all kids wants to do is play and have fun wait for them to grow up.
emöfine2:

Interesting. I wonder how the Fulani has acquired more fame than the Hausa – is it because of their nomadic nature?

They Stretch across Africa all the way to sudan from west africa, Plus they are in arab Gulf states so they are everywhere, Their nomadic way certainly Contribiuted to their Fame.

emöfine2:

I actually thought it would be Hausa. Intriguing.

No, Fulani Are way More famous.

emöfine2:

lol @ red bolded grin grin
He was a Nigerian Kanuri?

Yes He was, I should've Known it too It's easy To Pick Them Nilotic People, If you press the Right button they would Pop like popcorns.lol

emöfine2:

Lol so the supporters of APC are baggara?

supporters of APC are More Arabised African Tribes who resided In darfur few Hundred Years ago, The sudanese Army is different and were mainly made up from The baggara's, The darfur rebels were also made of Baggara's, Darfur Technically doesn't belong to Neither since the arabised Africans Came from the North Sudan and settled there and the baggara are actually from Chad Originally, slowly Over the years they Both kept Stretching Till there was No more land to take over Unless its the other, and BOOM SH*T hIT THE FAN. with baggara's stubborn ways and Africans they think they are arabs (Nubians and jalaba's) The sudanese Government were Like "Oh sh*t we can't control This" so at the start the sudanese Givernment were neutral and tried to break it up till chad's president who share same tribe as the baggara and Libya's Gaddafi who hated al bashir Started to help the darfur rebels and then Bashir turned it to a political Fued and supported The supporter of APC, and the rest is History. The only problem is you never Play political Fued in your land and with your own people either way you will Lose.

emöfine2:

Yep. What Zidane is to football is equivalent to what Federer is to tennis – such finesse and artistry both men portray, and even though they’re sportsmen they embody such skill it’s almost like performance art – well at least to me anyway.

I really Like federer I have met him twice actually and he is A humble person too. Zidane The berber Machine i Think its hard to find people who dislike him These days his skills was a joy to watch.

emöfine2:

Funny that both are technically or sort of African. One is Algerian the other is half South African grin

Who is half south african?

emöfine2:

Lol. One thing I detest about football is the “extremist” fans. I can’t understand how the often titled “beautiful” game can create such brutes over a 90 minute performance. I think English fanatics are perhaps the worst I’ve come across but no doubt Africans love football lol.

lool English Fans would turn from "Against Racism" activists to "Neo-Nazi's" after a beer session at the pub.

emöfine2:

Lol. I should definitely got to Egypt grin

you would Love it, especially for a Nigerian you would Relate to many things, Reading about lagos always remind me of cairo the hussle and Bussle of everyday Life, Plus i found That Nigerians always spot the egyptain Trickery before the Egyptian has even thought about it, lol But sight seeings and Holidaying is very good There.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2012
ifyalways: Thank you Ta Xaxa.

I'm interested in the cultural/tribal marriage.How is it performed,any dowry to be paid or flogging like the Fulani's do ?

Depending On the tribe, did you want a tribe similar to the sahel Tradition or did you want a summary of how each tribe do their Marriage
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2012
Ta_Xasa: I just Love How The africans play around with langauges Full stop, and i would love to learn the west African Version of it it does sound Fun to speak it.

Lol. The more you frequent this site I can guarantee you that you will pick up a lot of pidgin. That’s how I learnt mine even grin
The thing is I can’t really speak it because of my accent – my accent is too light so it makes my style of delivery redundant in my opinion embarassed but I can read and write in it. So if you like, I can teach you a bit lol. I think it’s fun to speak too I’m just conscious of my accent.
Yeah I agree with you, I love the play on words. The manipulation is very interesting and entertaining.

My Kunama Is really Bad But Kunama Means from what i Understand "Coming from Different Directions" as in Ka Means North i think, when the Kunama came To Eritrea Thousands of Years ago they Came in waves and from different Direction from the Nile Valley and entered Eritrea from Different Area's and Gathered In Eritrea again. Every Tribal Name In Eritrea apart From Blin means Nomads/wonderers In their Native Language. That is why The camel In Eritran Emblem to reflect however/whenever you came To Eritrea This is your Home Now.

Oh I see.

It's Just the pressure of Neighbouring Tribes, If you look at History Many People around the world converted to abrhamic Religions for convienent or pressure Rather than 100% conviction from the khazarians Turks In asia to many african Tribes, Kunama Location weren't The best at times, surrounded By Beja/Tigre and Nara who by then fully converted to Islam The kunama who were Mostly Farmers Knew Title Change would give them Breathing space, and The kunama who Converted were/are those who are Bordering The other Tribes, 100-200 Years ago wasn't like today, Tribal Aggression was Open and if your Neigbouring Tribes were not Muslim or Christian you were a target for takeover/Raids Because it was allowed under the pretext of epanding the religion Etc. Nowadays is different Africa is more calmed especailly when it comes to Religion conversion, Yes you have conversions But its done with other means like Preaching or Engaging with people to bring into Faith. Not Raiding the whole Tribe and forcing Anymore. In Eritrea Conversion Hardly Happens Now except for maybe 2 or 3 every Year which is low approaching people to preach is a taboo
and many evangelists and Pentecostal has been Kicked out of the country Banning Most of them, The reason is While Trying to convert 10 or even 100 the methods they use could end up Creating a rwanda style massacre there because they tend to cross the Line Many times with their conversion methods, example is Targeting Little Kids as young as 9 Years Old coming back from school and trying to Hand them Crosses and Bibles, what happens when they get Home and a mob of 1000 people come out with their Horses and Swords waiting for these Preachers, Not a Good sight and the governemnt Is sick and tired of bailing them out so they decided enough is enough and Kicked them out for disturbing the harmony and respect that exist in the country, I don't have a problem with preaching the religion However Not kids all kids wants to do is play and have fun wait for them to grow up.

Lol @ getting tired of bailing them out. But I find trying to convert children kinda sneaky so I understand your point.

Yes He was, I should've Known it too It's easy To Pick Them Nilotic People, If you press the Right button they would Pop like popcorns.lol

Lol grin

Who is half south african?

Federer’s mother is South African even though Federer identifies himself as Swiss.

lool English Fans would turn from "Against Racism" activists to "Neo-Nazi's" after a beer session at the pub.

Lol and I live in England lipsrsealed

you would Love it, especially for a Nigerian you would Relate to many things, Reading about lagos always remind me of cairo the hussle and Bussle of everyday Life, Plus i found That Nigerians always spot the egyptain Trickery before the Egyptian has even thought about it, lol But sight seeings and Holidaying is very good There.

Well generally Nigerians are alert grin

Yep I think there’s much to explore in Egypt, I can't wait to visit the land of the Pharaohs smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2012
Ta_Xasa:
Yep and that is how on easy way to Track ancient people and where they might have migrated. In Eritrea there was Many different Gods depending where you lived, In East Sudan Northern Eritrea gods Like Anubis/Seth were the main one's depending on the Time. Further south they worshipped The moon/sun and spirits as well. Today The animist In Eritrea are the a small Population of The kunama who worship their ancient God Ana, while Majority of Kunama are Today Muslims it was Easier for them to become Muslims Because theY WORSHIPPED one god "Anaa", some still today worship spirits among the Kunama, and others Mix islamic and Traditional beliefs

By the way could you elaborate on the ancient gods - Anubis and Seth? What type of role did they play i.e. sun god etc.

Also did some Eritreans know how to write in hieroglyphs or perhaps a similar pattern?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2012
E-Engineer:
i have enjoyed this thread from the beginning,
i have many questions for u Ta xasa

Hello E-Engineer, Fire Away smiley

E-Engineer:

but first i would like to clarify some of ur opinions
the kanuri in nigeria are similar to the fulani in the sense that they are united with the hausas in language, customs and religion
they do not differentiate themselves from the hausas, our former military dictator General sani abacha was a kanuri

Hmmm This Means That the Hausa is the unifying Langauge In north Nigeria, It make sense now. Strangely Though as In east Africa Nilo speaking Tribes would make sure they are recognised as such.

E-Engineer:

they also have one thing in common with the fulanis, their looks, they look different from the hausa's and most times are chocolate to fair in complexion, the northerners are generally attracted to the kanuri and fulani women
most of them dont speak their language, they speak hausa and they always answer arabic names like the hausas, names like ibrahim,mohammed, abubakar, abdul etc
they have some local names like galadima, shettima etc
i hope that clarifies things

Shettema there was a big Influx of Nigerians with that Name to egypt in the late 80's early 90's, and that name was very starnge to egyptians Because In arabic IT means "Swearing word" or "Curse word", If abacha was The president at that time maybe alot of Kanuri were sent abroad to further Their studies.

E-Engineer:

now to my question, is it true that east africans dont see themselves as africans especially the ethiopians,eritreans and somalians, do east africans suffer from the same complex northern sudanese suffer from and what european language do you eritreans speak, is it italian?

Well This is a hot topic, The sudanese who claim they are arabs are of Mostly Nuba Origin, there was once a Tribe who were of arab descent coming to North sudan and were called Jalaba and mixed with local Population, they were merely afew but managed to convince Many that Nobility is with those who claim arab ancestory, as we can see the mix hardly changed the appearence of many of the north sudanese People but to claim you are an arab gives you More status, the enviornment made it better to say you are arab than Not which is sad in a way.

As for somali there are 5 Main Tribes within the somali, 2 of them Claim ancestory from arabs, however since the close proximity of the arab countries to somalia it was a mere Migration by few arabs who intermarried with the local population But somehow like sudan convinced Them that Claiming His arab roots would Boost Status. Ethiopians In my opinion have an identity Crisis, So far they have claimed 6 Different ancestory Lines Not linked with each other, They are Originally of Agew and Oromo ancestory who are Mixed with Habesh Yemeni when they Invaded Ethiopia 3000 Years ago. so far they have claimed that they are habesh Arabs, agew or oromo, Isrealites, Itypoians who are Nubians, and Now they are trying to claim the same Ancestory as Eritreans which Pisses Eritreans off.

Eritreans are Africans with a touch of Arab Race, The difference is Eritreans are decedents of African Tribes ancient One's If you Like The beja/Afars, Kunama and Nara who were the rulers of the late Meriote Dynasty In Kush,Over the years arab did come to Eritrea and Mixed But they actually turned to Africans Not the other way around, They speak In african Language and practise African Culture, Yes there is an influence from Arab Countries Due to Religion however The national Language Of Eritrea is the Only language In all Africa where it uses its own Script where it proven to be From that land (Ethiopia use the same script But they adopted that script from Eritreans and its not native to them), Like a Coffee with a bit of Milk that is Eritrea.

If you go to Mombasa, Mauritania and many Other african country you would see there is parts or a time in history there was an influx of Migrants or Mixing what matters is who adopted to who's Language or Culture More. I am sure there is arabic Influence In north Nigeria. 90% Of Eritrean Claim Decedents from The beja, Now The Beja 4000 Years ago were like the arabs of Today, They Inhibtit The whole east coast of east sudan + Eritrea + south East Egypt + cannan (southern palestine +part of jordan) + Big chunck of Iraq + majority of the whole aRabian Peninsula) The arab Today were Non existent and their ancestors were tucked away in a very small Town In north syria, Due to the constant Push from the semites everyone wave after wave settled In east africa and left the arabian area for good.
Eritreans are proud of their ancestory and History and people and consider themselves part of Africa. Eritreans Likes the fact that they do share few things with everyone around them a step that can bring them close to everyone.

Most africans Tribes have a tale of how they Migrated to africa from what is today Iraq or its surrounds, starting with Bantu speaking Tribes Moving across North africa and moving south to where cameroon is and spreading again, the Nilo Tribes Moved along the Nile while the kushtic Tribes Hugged The coast of east africa, wave after wave for tens of thousands of Years.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2012
emöfine2:

Lol. The more you frequent this site I can guarantee you that you will pick up a lot of pidgin. That’s how I learnt mine even grin
The thing is I can’t really speak it because of my accent – my accent is too light so it makes my style of delivery redundant in my opinion embarassed but I can read and write in it. So if you like, I can teach you a bit lol. I think it’s fun to speak too I’m just conscious of my accent.
Yeah I agree with you, I love the play on words. The manipulation is very interesting and entertaining.

Too excited, at the moment i laugh More than Learn from the words. soon i will put my Learning cap on and try to pick up few words. smiley

emöfine2:

Lol @ getting tired of bailing them out. But I find trying to convert children kinda sneaky so I understand your point.

Yeah, The thing is they Hardly convert anyone whether they are catholics,orthodox or Muslims. so sometimes they resort to childish ways and its abit worrying when you consider Eritreans In general are abit conservative No matter what religion they are. so it doesn't sit well with many people.

emöfine2:

Federer’s mother is South African even though Federer identifies himself as Swiss.

I didn't know that, I thought he was full swiss.

emöfine2:

Lol and I live in England lipsrsealed

London? how was it?

emöfine2:
Well generally Nigerians are alert grin

Very alert i would say. Good on them.

emöfine2:
Yep I think there’s much to explore in Egypt, I can't wait to visit the land of the Pharaohs smiley

You would Love south of egypt, apart from Those African american Groups who actually Think they are decendents of Pharohs and Bowing to every statue There But the local and the History Is very good. you would be shocked When you see the large Pharohs temples and you would Bet your Life they were African and black, If you do make sure you Visit Hatchpsut Temple you would be Amazed of how proud she was of her African Identity however the tour Guides wouldn't be very happy to translate alot of the Things there for you because alot of it is linking them to being African and black, If you get a Nubian Brother or a beja Tour Guide he/she would even take you into Area's Not allowed For Vistors to show you How black and african were they.lol Visit Djoser Pyramid also I swear he looks 100% nigerian i always thought the first 6 Dynasty of Egypt Might have been Related to Today Nigerians/west africans. You would Love it.

1 Like

Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2012
emöfine2:

By the way could you elaborate on the ancient gods - Anubis and Seth? What type of role did they play i.e. sun god etc.

Also did some Eritreans know how to write in hieroglyphs or perhaps a similar pattern?

That is what i am researching Now... Especially Seth. seth was a noble man In ancient times and Many followed Him, he resided in The land of canaanite, Now some beja clans claimed to have come from Cannan, According to Early Greek Explorers The canaanite and ancient Egyptians shared the same Langauge/looks and Culture. Beja and ancient Egyptian today is 70% The same, im not talking about words im talking about sentences, If you read ancient Egyptian scripts a beja would understand It. Now there is something here as Seth Lived in canaan and some of the beja followed Him maybe later elevated Him to god status, Ta-seti which means land of seth directly But it means Land of the bow because Beja or setians were known for their archery Skills. the New kingdom Dynasty who came from Ta seti Introduced seth an the main god and named one of its army Brigade seth. Beja Language and ancient canaanite is almost identical and canaan Means Nomads lol You can't get more Nomdic Than the beja people.

About Eritrean Writing Its basically Ancient Egyptian with out the Leg/Head etc. Its very close, It seems that it was Adopted By Eritreans Through a middle Source, Either meroetic Through Ta seti or the more Likely Himyarite Through canaanite. The writing has been recorded In eritrea for 4000 Years, so we know the source and few possible Channels but Once we start digging for the pre-axumite artifacts we should come to a conclusion.

Check out How close some of the Letters are.

http://hieroglyphalphabet.com/
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by EEngineer1(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2012
Ta xasa, u didnt answer my question abt italian. If shetima's were comin to egypt in d early 90's, it might hv been d handiwork of abacha, did u also notice an influx of d name yerima( a kanuri name)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis Black? / Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos / Manjack People From Senegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.