Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. (11540 Views)

Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . / The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2012
Ta_Xasa: Too excited, at the moment i laugh More than Learn from the words. soon i will put my Learning cap on and try to pick up few words. smiley

Okay o, small small we go do am grin tongue

Yeah, The thing is they Hardly convert anyone whether they are catholics,orthodox or Muslims. so sometimes they resort to childish ways and its abit worrying when you consider Eritreans In general are abit conservative No matter what religion they are. so it doesn't sit well with many people.

I remember watching a mini clip about some evangels in Africa (it was quite a long time ago though) – I think they were trying to convert a subgroup of the Fulani’s. The Fulani’s generally are Muslims anyway but the way these people went about trying to convert them was really disgusting.
This group of Fulani’s they were trying to convert were rather quite undernourished so they were taking advantage of their predicament by offering them bread as long as they accept Jesus.

What a devious and disgusting way to convert anybody (smh) . . .I didn't even watch it to the end though but I doubt they succumbed.
But that episode made me wonder about the type of methods used to convert and why are some people so desperate to convert.

I didn't know that, I thought he was full swiss.

His mother is Afrikaner. I think he’s even set up a charity foundation in South Africa. smiley

London? how was it?

London is cool except that whenever there’s the world cup going on some English fans instantly transform (one of the reasons I’ve never lent my support to the England team) grin embarassed . . .Now the Olympics are round the corner - but with other sports apart from football English fans are pretty tame and sober – that’s why I can easily support England for rugby or something but not football.

You would Love south of egypt, apart from Those African american Groups who actually Think they are decendents of Pharohs and Bowing to every statue There But the local and the History Is very good.

grin grin

you would be shocked When you see the large Pharohs temples and you would Bet your Life they were African and black, If you do make sure you Visit Hatchpsut Temple you would be Amazed of how proud she was of her African Identity however the tour Guides wouldn't be very happy to translate alot of the Things there for you because alot of it is linking them to being African and black, If you get a Nubian Brother or a beja Tour Guide he/she would even take you into Area's Not allowed For Vistors to show you How black and african were they.lol Visit Djoser Pyramid also I swear he looks 100% nigerian i always thought the first 6 Dynasty of Egypt Might have been Related to Today Nigerians/west africans. You would Love it.

I wonder why there is much concealment in Ancient Egypt’s History. Too many biased people have interfered with this history to the extent of withholding information. Maybe I shouldn't even be surprised really seeing as Egypt is often hailed as the greatest civilization – maybe some people don’t want such accolade linking with African black people because it challenges those often held stereotypes about Black Africans. That’s one of the reasons why I believe some black Americans are so invested in this civilization. The more certain things are deliberately covered well people are going to suspect the motives here. I’ve always thought ancient Egypt was diverse so if certain pharaohs were darker then that shouldn’t be kept a secret for fear of crushing the egos of some bigots! And because of this unfortunately Ancient Egypt’s has become a subject of an on-going racial debate.

That’s why I think history is really important to the esteem of an individual. Why would some people try to omit other people’s place in history? Because if one doesn't know where they come from or what they were before they wouldn't have much to aspire to or know where they are going.
Reminds me of certain civilizations in “sub Sahara Africa”. Like Great Zimbabwe and the sculptures from Ile Ife. Even in an environment surrounded with black Africans there were people still trying to claim otherwise, and that black Africans were not responsible or even capable of such civilization. I actually find such behaviour quite embarrassing really. What are some people afraid of to go to the extent of snatching and deleting other people’s history?

Oh and I do agree with you. I bet I would love it smiley

lol Visit Djoser Pyramid also I swear he looks 100% nigerian i always thought the first 6 Dynasty of Egypt Might have been Related to Today Nigerians/west africans.

BTW do you have any pictures? or links?
Some groups in West Africa claim lineage to Ancient Egypt or Sudan.

That is what i am researching Now... Especially Seth. seth was a noble man In ancient times and Many followed Him, he resided in The land of canaanite, Now some beja clans claimed to have come from Cannan, According to Early Greek Explorers The canaanite and ancient Egyptians shared the same Langauge/looks and Culture. Beja and ancient Egyptian today is 70% The same, im not talking about words im talking about sentences, If you read ancient Egyptian scripts a beja would understand It. Now there is something here as Seth Lived in canaan and some of the beja followed Him maybe later elevated Him to god status, Ta-seti which means land of seth directly But it means Land of the bow because Beja or setians were known for their archery Skills. the New kingdom Dynasty who came from Ta seti Introduced seth an the main god and named one of its army Brigade seth. Beja Language and ancient canaanite is almost identical and canaan Means Nomads lol You can't get more Nomdic Than the beja people.

Does this Seth correspond to the Biblical Seth? Adam and Eve’s child?
Canaan means nomad . . .I read somewhere that the Somali-Canadian musician name – K’naan – meant nomad. I don’t know if that data was correct though or if K'naan is indeed a word in Somali.

About Eritrean Writing Its basically Ancient Egyptian with out the Leg/Head etc. Its very close, It seems that it was Adopted By Eritreans Through a middle Source, Either meroetic Through Ta seti or the more Likely Himyarite Through canaanite. The writing has been recorded In eritrea for 4000 Years, so we know the source and few possible Channels but Once we start digging for the pre-axumite artifacts we should come to a conclusion.

Interesting. So that means part of the East – well at least the Horn of Africa is linked to Ancient Egypt?

Check out How close some of the Letters are.

http://hieroglyphalphabet.com/

"you first pronounced a word and utilized hieroglyphic letters to spell it out"

This reminds me of mandarin. I asked a Chinese guy in my class if he could spell my name in mandarin and he first asked to hear the pronunciation of my name and I was thinking – don’t you want the meaning of my name first lol. Well that was pretty interesting but even when I told him the meaning he found it hard to capture it in mandarin as opposed to how it's pronounced.

http://hieroglyphalphabet.com/

"Now that the hieroglyphic language has been formally matched to Amarigna and Tigrigna, of today's Ethiopia and Eritrea, it is clear to see that the hieroglyphic alphabet was meant to represent pronunciation. And by understanding the pronunciation sounds of the Amarigna and Tigrigna languages represented below, it is finally possible to properly speak and read the languages of the Amara and Akele founders of ancient Gebts (the ancient name of Egypt).
. . . .the hieroglyphic alphabet represents pronunciation of sounds in both Amarigna and Tigrigna"

I remember once you said that Tigrigna was a semetic based language. Is Amarigna also semetic?
If so does that mean that the hieroglyphic language is also semetic?
So basically the hieroglyph alphabet is a translation of a particular sound/pronunciation?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by rabzy: 10:01am On Mar 15, 2012
Nice thread indeed.

Ta_xasa, it seems you don't really have much love for the Ethiopians. We do have a lot of respect for the Ethiopians here, from their ancient history, their independence and fight against italian domination, rastafarianism and selessie, the fact that they were mentioned in the Bible etc. If a typical Nigerian was just asked to pick between an Ethiopian and Eritrean, we would most likely pick the Ethiopian, not for any particular reason but just that we have heard more about them.

I used to believe you both must be from the same origin. Can you explain more about the oromo descent of the Ethiopians, and also the real reasons for the rift between you guyz.

Well one thing i can say about Nigerians is that we don't have any country (i.e apart from our internal ethnic bickerings) we hate or love to blame, what happened was that in the last 10 - 20 years, due to the seeming improvement in their economy and maybe a decline in Nigeria's Economy, some African countries, (Ghana especially) started picking on us, telling us to our face that they don't like us, bad-mouthing our country every chance they get. So in reaction Nigerians also started hitting Back. But if you are in Nigeria, no one cares if you are Ghanaian, Togolese or Liberian. Everybody just hustles and get on with life. We have a lot of Togolese, Beninese in our food and construction industry and also as house-helps in very rich men homes.

I used to have an Rwandan Lady and an Ethiopian as friends in India and we got along well.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by ifyalways(f): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2012
Ta Xaza,I want to know as much as possible.If you can recount the different tribes and their way of marrying,that would be fine.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
E-Engineer:
Ta xasa, u didnt answer my question abt italian. If shetima's were comin to egypt in d early 90's, it might hv been d handiwork of abacha, did u also notice an influx of d name yerima( a kanuri name)

Sorry i missed the part of Italian Colonisation. Yeah The italian Colonisation took Shape when Eritrea was Fought Over By the Egyptians/Turks/Ethiopians and Italians.. The eritreans at that time was Fed up with Ethiopian Occupation that anything Else was probarly more welcoming, even though Many Resisted but Ethiopian Nearly wiped out The Whole population of the highlands to bring them under their control and the rest of the country especially the coasts Invited the egyptians/Turks as an Insurance from any further Menace the Ethiopians were Creating. The italians played Politics First and Hired few ports. As eritreans Having Italians,Egyptians and Turks was a good Idea to remove Ethiopians From Eritrean Land, a scheme That actually worked, Eritrea Boomed and Towns with European Buildings Made Eritrea looking better, However Once you replace a colonial power with another you still are colonised and Italy was a Big power, Italians were actually the best colonisers you could get when you compare them to England/France because they had a belief they would stay for ever and By that they Invested Everything back in the country and United the people, They were racist But Eritreans had to Bite the Bullet and Be patient they knew sooner or later they would leave, Once they Lost the second world war Britian Took over and Handed Eritrea back to Ethiopia at first they said stay for few years then a referndum will decide if you want to split but the ethiopian leaders knew well that Eritreans would vote to seperate so they suspended the process and moved their army into Eritrea again, This is when the Eritrean Liberation started and the rest is History.

About Kanuri Yes there was a guy who his name was Yerima but many more name was shetema, some Ibrahim,Osman's But Even the arabic Names had funny pronouncation to it.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
emöfine2:

Okay o, small small we go do am grin tongue

Hahaha I am learning. smiley

emöfine2:

I remember watching a mini clip about some evangels in Africa (it was quite a long time ago though) – I think they were trying to convert a subgroup of the Fulani’s. The Fulani’s generally are Muslims anyway but the way these people went about trying to convert them was really disgusting.
This group of Fulani’s they were trying to convert were rather quite undernourished so they were taking advantage of their predicament by offering them bread as long as they accept Jesus.

What a devious and disgusting way to convert anybody (smh) . . .I didn't even watch it to the end though but I doubt they succumbed.
But that episode made me wonder about the type of methods used to convert and why are some people so desperate to convert.

Yeah Exactly.. The method They use sometimes could Create bigger problems, and when it happens They make a big fuss about it but never mention how The mess started.

emöfine2:

His mother is Afrikaner. I think he’s even set up a charity foundation in South Africa. smiley

Hmm Interesting.

emöfine2:

London is cool except that whenever there’s the world cup going on some English fans instantly transform (one of the reasons I’ve never lent my support to the England team) grin embarassed . . .Now the Olympics are round the corner - but with other sports apart from football English fans are pretty tame and sober – that’s why I can easily support England for rugby or something but not football.

Hahaha Yeah English Football fans are Crazy and they hardly win Other fans over to support thier team.

emöfine2:

I wonder why there is much concealment in Ancient Egypt’s History. Too many biased people have interfered with this history to the extent of withholding information. Maybe I shouldn't even be surprised really seeing as Egypt is often hailed as the greatest civilization – maybe some people don’t want such accolade linking with African black people because it challenges those often held stereotypes about Black Africans. That’s one of the reasons why I believe some black Americans are so invested in this civilization. The more certain things are deliberately covered well people are going to suspect the motives here. I’ve always thought ancient Egypt was diverse so if certain pharaohs were darker then that shouldn’t be kept a secret for fear of crushing the egos of some bigots! And because of this unfortunately Ancient Egypt’s has become a subject of an on-going racial debate.

The Problem is admitting It would do more Bad than good for Non Black People, for one The egyptians who are Mixed or many came from arab country/Persia/Greeks/Romans Etc can not Reverse The idea Now that they are Not desendents of Ancient Egyptians, It is simply Unacceptable, In school There from young age they are told Their ancestors are the Ancient Egyptians, Many Egyptians Reliase once they reach an old age that Many Pharohs were actually Black But can't swallow it and admitt it, You know i Feel for them Because i lived there, The best they say to save themselves is they are mixed. But african American Have Ruined it more, there were also white Pharohs but arguing everyone was black really makes it easier for egyptians to counter that by showing a pharoh from the 15th Dynasty who looks white, an average african american wouldn't know what hit him, But if he knows that this pharoh was from the time of The hyksos Invaders who came to syria he would know next time not to say everyone is black, There is Not Debate about it. The first 12 Dynasty were Black Egyptians, 13-14-15-16-17 were Hyksos who were White, 18-19-20 were black Ta-setians, 21st-24th were Egyptains and mamush Libyans, 25th was black, 26th-30 (31st if you count the Romans) were Persians/Romans/assyrians/Greeks.. so you must know which Dynasty you would argue about, if someone says 15th dynasty were white then you would reply Offcourse they were, they were Hyksos Invaders Not argue about the whole Egypt being Black Etc.
emöfine2:

That’s why I think history is really important to the esteem of an individual. Why would some people try to omit other people’s place in history? Because if one doesn't know where they come from or what they were before they wouldn't have much to aspire to or know where they are going.
Reminds me of certain civilizations in “sub Sahara Africa”. Like Great Zimbabwe and the sculptures from Ile Ife. Even in an environment surrounded with black Africans there were people still trying to claim otherwise, and that black Africans were not responsible or even capable of such civilization. I actually find such behaviour quite embarrassing really. What are some people afraid of to go to the extent of snatching and deleting other people’s history?

You see the whole Idea of this is If Egypt is proven to be a black Civilization then it would mean That 5000 Years ago Black People actually were cradle to alot of things that was invented, People don;t relaise that In egypt itself The people in the south calls The northerners Forigners, They don't even Accept them as Egyptians as in a sense of Real egyptians.

emöfine2:

Some groups in West Africa claim lineage to Ancient Egypt or Sudan.

I have Heard of many Groups, Like wolof and many others, the thing is there was 3 mass exodus From Egypt in ancient Times into Africa, after the 12th Dynasty, after the 20th Dynasty and after the 25th dynasty, and since many African Tribes Must've been through Egypt either during the Dynastic Era or pre dynastic Times any claim can not easily Be brushed Off easily.

emöfine2:

Does this Seth correspond to the Biblical Seth? Adam and Eve’s child?
Canaan means nomad . . .I read somewhere that the Somali-Canadian musician name – K’naan – meant nomad. I don’t know if that data was correct though or if K'naan is indeed a word in Somali.

Correct seth corresponding to seth Adam and eve Child. Canaan and k'naan is the same. You know that one of the Pharoh was Named Seti i think from the 19th Dynasty, the whole new kingdom were from Ta-seti as the last Ruler of the 17th Dynasty who was a hyksos Confirmed.

emöfine2:

Interesting. So that means part of the East – well at least the Horn of Africa is linked to Ancient Egypt?

Well when the new Kingdom Kicked the Hyksos out from Egypt overnight Ta-seti which Includes Medjay and Punt all the way to southern Eritrea was under one Kingdom ruled from Egypt, Ta seti has never been conquered In its History why would Ta-seti who at that time be ruled from Egypt unless if the rulers were actually Ta-setians The hyksos when conquering Egypt Thought about Invading Ta-seti But found out Ta-seti army was 5 times Bigger than the Egyptains and 3 times Bigger than them. If you look at the artifacts especially hatchpsut's,Nefertari's,Thutmos, amhentop, Tut amun they always refer to Punt and Medjay as Land of the ancestors/Origin/Gods (Seti), No other dynasty Pharoh's apart from the Middle Kingdom Pharohs do that. 14 Years ago The egyptian Governement Officially Recognised The beja Of south East Egypt to be directly Decendents of the Middle Kingdom Dynasty/Pharoh, No other group in Egypt had this Recognistion Even The Nubians to any other Dynasties, and the reason is it is soo Obvious and beyond Clear, If you ever go to Egypt you will Find it also Obvious Especially Pharoh Seti temple, be quick though before the Egyptian Governement destroy that too or wipe off the writings.
emöfine2:

This reminds me of mandarin. I asked a Chinese guy in my class if he could spell my name in mandarin and he first asked to hear the pronunciation of my name and I was thinking – don’t you want the meaning of my name first lol. Well that was pretty interesting but even when I told him the meaning he found it hard to capture it in mandarin as opposed to how it's pronounced.

Yeah Mandarin Is hard a letter of their Alphabet would actually be your whole name.lol

emöfine2:

I remember once you said that Tigrigna was a semetic based language. Is Amarigna also semetic?
If so does that mean that the hieroglyphic language is also semetic?
So basically the hieroglyph alphabet is a translation of a particular sound/pronunciation?

Tigrigna is a semitic base Mixed With Beja and Afar/saho which is actually the ancient medjay language (Beja) and the ancient punt language (Afar/Saho).. amharic is a semitic langauge Mixed with oromo and Agew which is a different Kushtic languages.

Hieroglyph is not semitic But share alot of words with semitic Because its part of the afro asiatic language Group, and Share alot of words with kushtic Language Because its also Afro asiatic language, and its the closest Language to Beja, Now since Tigrigna is a semitic/Beja/Saho/afar Mix langauge alot of the words would be similar In hieroglyph as well, The writing is adopted from The egyptians with abit of Letter adding and subtracting through Middle source.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
rabzy: Nice thread indeed.

Ta_xasa, it seems you don't really have much love for the Ethiopians. We do have a lot of respect for the Ethiopians here, from their ancient history, their independence and fight against italian domination, rastafarianism and selessie, the fact that they were mentioned in the Bible etc. If a typical Nigerian was just asked to pick between an Ethiopian and Eritrean, we would most likely pick the Ethiopian, not for any particular reason but just that we have heard more about them.

I used to believe you both must be from the same origin. Can you explain more about the oromo descent of the Ethiopians, and also the real reasons for the rift between you guyz.

Well one thing i can say about Nigerians is that we don't have any country (i.e apart from our internal ethnic bickerings) we hate or love to blame, what happened was that in the last 10 - 20 years, due to the seeming improvement in their economy and maybe a decline in Nigeria's Economy, some African countries, (Ghana especially) started picking on us, telling us to our face that they don't like us, bad-mouthing our country every chance they get. So in reaction Nigerians also started hitting Back. But if you are in Nigeria, no one cares if you are Ghanaian, Togolese or Liberian. Everybody just hustles and get on with life. We have a lot of Togolese, Beninese in our food and construction industry and also as house-helps in very rich men homes.

I used to have an Rwandan Lady and an Ethiopian as friends in India and we got along well.

Hello Rabzy,

Thanks For the reply.

One thing You Need to Know about Eritreans is we are straight forward people, we don't Tippy Toe around what we think or See we will say it straight up, Another thing is we Don't care about How people precieve Ethiopians, Infact People Favour them because they can sweet Talk about themselves, I would Rather Tell you What I think or facts Rather Than Lie, This is showing you respect and not Treating you like A fool. When Ethiopians Tell you they were mentioned In the bible Ityopians mentioned in the Bible were actually refering to the nubians of South egypt and North Sudan with their capital Ityopia, The name Ethiopia was adopted By Ethiopia today 100 years ago because The preists wanted to be relevant with the Bible, The italian Fight was Done with Tribes mainly of oromo who i happen to Like as people but they never mention that to you, and when they tried to Fight with out them they suffered the Most Humilating Defeat and were colonised from 1935-1941. Tippy Toe is their Trade, Selaise to Eritrean Is equivalent to Hitler and jews, they Only good Thing is his life ended By an Eritrean. Rastafarians lool they can worship Ethiopians and selaise for as long as they want while smoking their pots and joints. As an Eritrean I wouldn't Get Upset if Nigerian or anyone would prefer Ethiopians, Just like Most arabs/somalians/sudanese/chad would prefer Eritreans Than Ethiopians. Every one Got their prefernce. Although i would Think few Northern Nigerians Tribes Like the Fulani and Baggara would Relate to Eritreans More.

We don't share The same Ancestory, Turks and Albanians Look the same but have a different ancestory one is Indo european and the other is Turkic seljuk. Ethiopians Are decendents from Oromo and Agew Tribes who Mixed with the habesh Yemeni. While Eritreans are actually Beja/afar Tribes and tribes who were Beja In origin But Mixed with other Tribes. Eritreans are Much Taller have Longer Neck and have a more narrow Shape Heads On average. Ethiopians are Much shorter, Shorter Neck, deep eye socket much rounder Head Shape and Bigger Foreheads. Most East africans Can Tell the difference straight away.

Ethiopians oromo are ancient People But When the semites from yemen invaded Ethiopia they ocuppied the northern Pleatu of Ethiopia and Mixed with the local Population. If you Look at Ethiopian History all writing artifacts from 3000 years ago till 1500 ago is all in sabean which is langauge of the habesh semite Yemeni, so they are Mix of the two semite Habesh and Oromo, Eritreans since 2000 b.c were of Beja which Includes Afar and agazians, agazians are semitised Beja who were known as Ta xasa to the ancient Egyptians. Infact if you look at ancient Egyptians battles against the assyrians they would tell you that ta xasa were their allies against the assyrians. The rift between Ethiopians and Eritreans is a continuation of the Hostility Between the Migrant arrival of The two Tribes who came from arabia, the Beja semitised Tribe of the agazians who represnted Kingdom of Himyarite and the habesh Semites who represented Sabean. Since ancient Himyar and Agazians were of beja decent once they Moved to Eritrea they didn't Need to invade as they were entering a land owned By their Beja Kins, The habesh however Invaded Ethiopia since the agew and oromo are kushtic and not related, once both settled in new ground the habesh wanted access to sea and the Beja agazians Kicked the invaders out and recorded their victory In a 2900 Stele in Central Eritrea, and basically since then Ethiopians ever trying to Invade Eritrea and have acess to the sea, But that is not the only Reason, Geez the language the write in is Eritrean, The language they adopted today after leaving their native sabean Language is also Eritrean, The writing which is Himyarite also Belong to the ancestor of Eritreans, so Obsession with taking Eritrea is the only way to claim their language is Local rather than adopted from another country. That is the reason Ethiopians would tell you Eritreans and ethiopians are the same while Eritreans would tell you Eritreans/East sudanese/south east egyptians and part of djbouti are same.

Intresting Read on your Nigeria Prospective. Thanks for the Input.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 5:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
Ta Xaza,I want to know as much as possible.If you can recount the different tribes and their way of marrying,that would be fine.

Give me a day i will Give you a run down on all the tribes and their wedding Culture.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by nkemdilem: 5:29am On Mar 19, 2012
Sorry to disappoint you guys but I have to intervene and save you from this lier called Ta_Xasa. He is just presenting you some non existant fantasy world. I know horners very well especially the Eritreans and the Ethiopians. I've lived many years with both of them. You have to understand that there is all kinds of politics going on between them and some political forces are creating new history and new identity just to server their political goals. The "history" this dude Ta_Xasa tells you is absolutely unheard even to people, who know history very well because it is 100% a made up "history" that is being pushed recently by the Eritrean government. The whole aim is to indoctrinate the Eritrean population that they have much in common with Egypt and sudan or even with nigeria or any country for that matter than their close relatives in Ethiopia. But if you know about the dominant peoples of Eritrea and Ethiopia, the so called habesha, you know they have almost everything in common be it language, religion, traditional wears, customs and many many things. It is even hard for the habeshas themselves to differentiate between Eritrean and Ethiopian habeshas so that when both of them see someone from Eritrea or Ethiopia, whom they are not sure which country is he is from, they usually ask first whether he/she is habesha instead of directly asking whether he/she is Eritrean/Ethiopian. They think the term habesha is more unifying than dividing, so they both use it. Read more about habesha people here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habesha_people

The extreme Eritrean government supporters are even going far to tell their people not to call themselves habeshas. But many ordinary Eritreans reject this notion and still are proud to be habesha. Google for the word "habesha" and you will see both Ethiopian and Eritrean results.

The whole crazy idea that Eritreans are more related to Egypt than their close relatives in Ethiopia, whom they resemble most, is simply a political motivated propaganda that is being propagated by the Eritrean government recently. It is even very foreign to many ordinary Eritreans. The worst fear of the Eritrean government is that many Eritreans some day will have some kind of political union with Ethiopia because of their many similarities. If you ask any ordinary Eritrean they tell you that they are the same people like the Ethiopians. But Eritreans are also aware of the sacrifice they paid for their independence and do not want to be united with Ethiopia. So the fear of the Government is not realistic but it is getting paranoid. Go to any Eritrean or Ethiopian restaurant in your neighborhood and you will know the food is almost the same. Ask any Eritrean on the street whether they are habesha and they will tell you they are.

Sorry for destroying this fantasy world built by the fake guy. But until the italian invasion of the current Eritrea in the 1890, the habeshas always lived in one country having almost everything the same their habesha cousins in Ethiopia. Don't believe what this dude Ta_Xasa tells you and be exited as if you have come to know some unknown history. It is just a propaganda. Use your common sense. If a politicalized Eritrean tells you that he/she has more in common with Egypt and has nothing in common with Ethiopia, then you know that this is just a political BS and has nothing to do with reality. Just ask ordinary Eritrean and they will tell you they are the same people with the Ethiopians.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by EEngineer1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2012
@nkemdilim, u didnt have to call the poster a liar, the so called propaganda u are talking of was what we on this forum asked him to explain to us and he answered he didnt come here with the sole aim of preaching eritrean government propaganda, he came here with the sole purpose of learning about west african culture and telling us of his culture and we were doing just that
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by ezotik: 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
Ta_Xasa:

When Ethiopians Tell you they were mentioned In the bible Ityopians mentioned in the Bible were actually refering to the nubians of South egypt and North Sudan with their capital Ityopia, The name Ethiopia was adopted By Ethiopia today 100 years ago because The preists wanted to be relevant with the Bible

oh ok, just like countries like modern day ghana was named after the old ghana empire, and benin republic was named after the bight of benin which was in turn named after the old bini empire. it makes sense.

Just like Most arabs/somalians/sudanese/chad would prefer Eritreans Than Ethiopians.

grin why wont somalis prefer eritreans to ethiopians when they are still whining and trying to get their so-called "stolen" land back from the ethiopians. so it is only natural for them to prefer eritreans. btw, how did ethiopia become the regional power in that area?

Selaise to Eritrean Is equivalent to Hitler and jews, they Only good Thing is his life ended By an Eritrean.

funny. i once met this guy i always thought was ethiopian... and when we finally got to introduce ourselves to each other, i told him im nigerian and i said, "and u are ethiopian, right?" and he said "no, im eritrean" and when i asked him his name, he said "haile" and i asked, "haile? as in, haile selaise?" and the guy smiled and said "yes". now, i dont know of any jew that would want to be assiociated with hitler even if his first name is "adolf" grin

Rastafarians lool they can worship Ethiopians and selaise for as long as they want while smoking their pots and joints.

hey, rastas are the bomb with sizzla kalonji being my favorite rastafarian.

Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 4:01am On Mar 20, 2012
Ta_Xasa:

Hahaha I am learning. smiley

Lol I said little by little we’ll get there smiley

You see the whole Idea of this is If Egypt is proven to be a black Civilization then it would mean That 5000 Years ago Black People actually were cradle to alot of things that was invented, People don;t relaise that In egypt itself The people in the south calls The northerners Forigners, They don't even Accept them as Egyptians as in a sense of Real egyptians.

I actually suspect that if the predecessors of Ancient Egypt had been non-black then the manhandlers of history would have been more willing to admit to a few dark pharaohs.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2012
nkemdilem: Sorry to disappoint you guys but I have to intervene and save you from this lier called Ta_Xasa. He is just presenting you some non existant fantasy world. I know horners very well especially the Eritreans and the Ethiopians. I've lived many years with both of them. You have to understand that there is all kinds of politics going on between them and some political forces are creating new history and new identity just to server their political goals.

How Am I lying the politcal Atmosphere Got Nothing to do with it, you like to Generalise things Well i was asked specific Information, I will demonstrate to you your lack of Knowledge on this matter as i go further, If you Lived with Both Eritreans and Ethiopians for Years you do have to know that For an Eritrean he would simply tell you what your Limited Mind can handle, Basically The eritrean Person Might felt you are a waste of Time to explain details to your limited Capacity.

nkemdilem:
The "history" this dude Ta_Xasa tells you is absolutely unheard even to people, who know history very well because it is 100% a made up "history" that is being pushed recently by the Eritrean government. The whole aim is to indoctrinate the Eritrean population that they have much in common with Egypt and sudan or even with nigeria or any country for that matter than their close relatives in Ethiopia. But if you know about the dominant peoples of Eritrea and Ethiopia, the so called habesha, you know they have almost everything in common be it language, religion, traditional wears, customs and many many things.

Yep Blame the gorvenment easy exit for you (sounds to me You are Ethiopians which PROVES my point That ethiopians would do anything to Generalise things Just to Link themselves to Eritreans), You don't Know anything about the Eritreans or Eritrea, the Tribal Branches On its Flag, The meaning of The Eritrean Emblem, Habesha People are Not Eritreans, There are 36 Clans for Kebessa and Tigre People and they Trace their ancestory to Tigre and Himyarite, so the word Habesha is an arabic Word derived from h-B-sh Meaning to Mix, Habesh who were sabeans Never were In eritrea their settlement was In Ethiopia, The language is Known is called Geez but i want to ask you was geez the language of the geez There is no such things as habesh In Eritrean Identity It was abolished Upon the Liberation of eritrea, The Tigrigna speakers are Known as Ke-be-sa and are Divided between 14 Clans, There is No Clan System In Ethiopia's Habesh Because Due to the name Everyone is mixed and you are Identified with the town you are from Not your Clan or tribe Affilation, One Good Example for this is the surnames The eritreans Surname Usually Reflects the Belonging of a clan Example Samuel Asgedom beloning to the Asgede Clan who are from The Habab Tigre Tribe Originally, while in Ethiopia you usually have a first name then your Father's Name e.g Michael Kifle where Kifle would Be Michael's Father Name, that is one easy way to Differntiate Between Eritrean and Ethiopians with their Names If you see "OM" AT the end of the surnames it means "Belonging to" If Nairaland was A someone Belonging to nairaland would Be His First Name then Nairalandom. I said Earlier That we share customs as Much as arabs and the Baggara of darfur share customes, The point here is Ancestory Not customs, Just like you share alot of customs with Anglo-saxon Now I would doubt your ancestory Is anglo saxon.

nkemdilem:
It is even hard for the habeshas themselves to differentiate between Eritrean and Ethiopian habeshas so that when both of them see someone from Eritrea or Ethiopia, whom they are not sure which country is he is from, they usually ask first whether he/she is habesha instead of directly asking whether he/she is Eritrean/Ethiopian. They think the term habesha is more unifying than dividing, so they both use it. Read more about habesha people here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habesha_people

Dude you are using Wiki for a source?? lamo. The term Habesha was used Generally to describe a whole region of East africa, Including the Oromo and somali's, the somali's were known as habesha People also for many Hundred Years, The arabs use that term to generalise a whole region, like saying Europe, as the arab Used Khorosan to identify Pakistan/Iran/Afghanistan/Tijikistan/Azerbijan But we all know some of these countries have different ancestory But you Don't see a pakistani going to an Irani today and saying we are Khorsani. Wikipedia Pages about Eritrea is 99% written By Ethiopians and edited them Daily, Look at the discussions and Edited accounts Its all done By Ethiopians But we just don't bother anymore, If people want to Know about Eritrea's History or ancestory simply Go to an Eritrean website, we try to avoid Interacting with Ethiopians Because They would turn Anything into Politics and Blame Eritrean Government.

nkemdilem:
The extreme Eritrean government supporters are even going far to tell their people not to call themselves habeshas. But many ordinary Eritreans reject this notion and still are proud to be habesha. Google for the word "habesha" and you will see both Ethiopian and Eritrean results.

You are not Eritrean Buddy, when an Eritrean Meet an Eritrean they would ask the following:

Where you From? e.g (Eritrea)
what town You from? (Nefaset)
What Tribe you belong to? (Kebessa Tigrigna)
What Langauge you speak? (Tigrigna and Tigre)
What Clan Are you? (Hazzega)

No one ask if someone is habesha or Not In eritrea, But This is Ethiopian Way:

Where you from? e.g (Ethiopian)
what town are you from? (Addis)
Are You habesha? (Yes or no)

THATS it. Can you deny This?

Ethiopians are confused They Think Habesha is a tribe, It is Not a tribe its just a way to generalise Things Just like saying The Fulani are Hausa, THEY ARE nOT Fulani are Nilotic while The hausa are not, so when someone Non nigerian asks a Fulani if he is a hausa some Might Understand for him saying yes. When Non East africans ask if Eritrean are habesha you Might find some eritreans who would say Yeah just to Give an idea to the person asking the question he is from the same area. But If Ethiopians ask an eritrean if he is habesha Most likely they would give a weird Look back and reply (No i am not Ethiopian i am Eritrean Tigrigna or Eritrean Saho etc.)

nkemdilem:
The whole crazy idea that Eritreans are more related to Egypt than their close relatives in Ethiopia, whom they resemble most, is simply a political motivated propaganda that is being propagated by the Eritrean government recently. It is even very foreign to many ordinary Eritreans. The worst fear of the Eritrean government is that many Eritreans some day will have some kind of political union with Ethiopia because of their many similarities. If you ask any ordinary Eritrean they tell you that they are the same people like the Ethiopians. But Eritreans are also aware of the sacrifice they paid for their independence and do not want to be united with Ethiopia. So the fear of the Government is not realistic but it is getting paranoid. Go to any Eritrean or Ethiopian restaurant in your neighborhood and you will know the food is almost the same. Ask any Eritrean on the street whether they are habesha and they will tell you they are.

How is that political Agenda Facts speaks Louder, offcourse if anyone in here ask an eritrean if he is habesh Than Few might say yes to say they are from the horn, However for someone like you who knows ask any eritrean If he is habesh and you would get a slap on an average Day, Benefit of the doubt for people who don't know is different from Ethiopians or people in the region who knows the difference, You haven't Been to Eritrea in your Life and since you get your Information from wikipedia In order for you to become Eritrean Citizen you Need for 2 People from your Tribe/Clan to vouch For you as belonging to The tribe and Eritrean, In ethiopia you could become a habesh Ethiopians for $100 Dollars Plus the fee for 4 Photos. The only Reason you don't know about The clan system of the Kebessa Eritrean Tigrigna speakers is because they Don't talk/Share about it with Non eritreans especially Ethiopian Habesh, Its just their habits.

nkemdilem:
Sorry for destroying this fantasy world built by the fake guy. But until the italian invasion of the current Eritrea in the 1890, the habeshas always lived in one country having almost everything the same their habesha cousins in Ethiopia. Don't believe what this dude Ta_Xasa tells you and be exited as if you have come to know some unknown history.

Ok tell me Please is it a lie that Eritrea was Under The beja Confiderncy Between 700ad till 1500 ad with a policy of No habesh Inside Eritrea?? Tell me is it a lie That Habesh spoke sabean and no geez Tell me is a lie That Geez wasn't spoken In ethiopia Till 5th century AD Tell me is it a lie that every artifacts discovered In Ethiopia prior to the 5th century is in Sabean No Geez

nkemdilem:
It is just a propaganda. Use your common sense. If a politicalized Eritrean tells you that he/she has more in common with Egypt and has nothing in common with Ethiopia, then you know that this is just a political BS and has nothing to do with reality. Just ask ordinary Eritrean and they will tell you they are the same people with the Ethiopians.

Buddy I really feel sorry for you lol There is no such Thing as habesha for a tribe, Its a name Given By the arabs In ancient Times to People who lived In Yemen and Mixed Then annexed The northern Plaetu Of ethiopian Highland, But answer me this question If Eritrean are habesh why the hell are 90% of the population speak a language which is soo different to what Habesh spoke?? If someone is habesh Ethiopian why the hell are they speaking Geez and writing In the Old Himyarite Alphabets? But then Again an eritrean would tell you the obsession of Ethiopians to Link themselves with Eritreans is going Crazy, Ethiopians have their semite sabean 3000 Years just enjoy it and celebrate it but no they also want to be agazians, How could you be Indian but claim you are also Chinese at the same time, if that is not a contradiction i don't know what is.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
E-Engineer:
@nkemdilim, u didnt have to call the poster a liar, the so called propaganda u are talking of was what we on this forum asked him to explain to us and he answered he didnt come here with the sole aim of preaching eritrean government propaganda, he came here with the sole purpose of learning about west african culture and telling us of his culture and we were doing just that

Don't worry about Him/Her... Like i said That is how would an ethiopian try to have an exchange of View, claim i am a liar then use a general term to link us with them and use Wiki as a proof which is probarly edited By the same person. He/ she felt they needed to respond but and accuse me of Lies he Never been to Egypt or Eritrea All he/she Knows is Throw Hay makers and Hope something make sense.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
ezotik:

oh ok, just like countries like modern day ghana was named after the old ghana empire, and benin republic was named after the bight of benin which was in turn named after the old bini empire. it makes sense.

Correct. Except that Today Nation of Ethiopia are not ancient Ityopians, The ancient ityopians are the Nubians and their Kins (Possibly the saharan Relatives Before they expanded westward).

ezotik:
grin why wont somalis prefer eritreans to ethiopians when they are still whining and trying to get their so-called "stolen" land back from the ethiopians. so it is only natural for them to prefer eritreans. btw, how did ethiopia become the regional power in that area?

Somali's have been Fighting Northern Ethiopians For the last 500 Years, 500 Years ago the wiped down and destroyed the whole of northern Ethiopia and flattened Everything, The Ethiopians seeked Help from the portuguese to defeated the somali's (This is also when The ethiopians attacked Eritrea and occupied it after defeat of the somali's they hit 2 birds with one stone), in 1977-1978 The somali went to war with ethiopians again and were 50 Km's from the capital till the soviet and the cubans came to the ethiopian rescue. Eritreans and somali's since ancient history got along very well and the only thing we happen to compete with is Business, Somali are Masters when in comes to business and Eritreans are very good too, But i do got to give it to the somali's Overall they are a tiny touch Better.

ezotik:
funny. i once met this guy i always thought was ethiopian... and when we finally got to introduce ourselves to each other, i told him im nigerian and i said, "and u are ethiopian, right?" and he said "no, im eritrean" and when i asked him his name, he said "haile" and i asked, "haile? as in, haile selaise?" and the guy smiled and said "yes". now, i dont know of any jew that would want to be assiociated with hitler even if his first name is "adolf" grin

Hahaha Funny, he Probarly Didn't like The link but at least you got his name right.lol

ezotik:
hey, rastas are the bomb with sizzla kalonji being my favorite rastafarian.

The Rsta's are cool, They are Nice people i just hate seeing them taken advantage of sometimes, They have made something out of themselves and Jamaicans are probarly My favourite Afro Group Outside Africa, I just don't know why they would worship a guy like Hailesalisse who is a known racist, My brother Told me once a rastafari who was wearing a T-SHIRT saying Hailasalise in My lord arrived In Eritrea and at the airport they told him to take it off or they will send him back he refused so they deported Him few hours after his arrival, He probarly Thought about how Unfair it is But he doesn't know the customs Saved his life as he wouldn't walk 10 Meters oustide the airport before the people would have Killed him. Sometimes they are too stubborn. But in general they are friendly and nice.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2012
Hey Ta_Xasa. Long time, how you been?

Hieroglyph is not semitic But share alot of words with semitic Because its part of the afro asiatic language Group, and Share alot of words with kushtic Language Because its also Afro asiatic language, and its the closest Language to Beja,

Hausa is also a member of the afro- asiatic language group (perhaps the biggest afro-asiatic language in West Africa). . .I wonder if there is any similarities between Hausa and Hieroglyph and even the Kushtic languages...hmmn undecided
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 3:09pm On Mar 25, 2012
emöfine2: Hey Ta_Xasa. Long time, how you been?

Hausa is also a member of the afro- asiatic language group (perhaps the biggest afro-asiatic language in West Africa). . .I wonder if there is any similarities between Hausa and Hieroglyph and even the Kushtic languages...hmmn undecided

Hey My Old Friend Long Time Indeed smiley

There is the basic Simlarity Between all Afro-asiatic Languages, For a starter you will Find words for sky,Water,Write are similar, Afro-asiatic Languages are grouped Under one Umbrella Because Historians Believe The languages within the afroasiatic Languages either evolved Together at close proximity,Borrowed, People Mixed together. Other Think the ancestory of all these languages is one ancient extinct Language which started to break into Branches 15,000 Years ago. There is similarities Between Hausa and ancient Egyptians as a language, Hausa has also Many Similarities Between Hausa and some Kushtic Languages especially Ta bedawi which is Beja a language.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 6:48am On Mar 26, 2012
Ta_Xasa:

Hey My Old Friend Long Time Indeed smiley

Yep. I was beginning to think you could no longer reconcile with this strange looking site, lol.

There is the basic Simlarity Between all Afro-asiatic Languages, For a starter you will Find words for sky,Water,Write are similar, Afro-asiatic Languages are grouped Under one Umbrella Because Historians Believe The languages within the afroasiatic Languages either evolved Together at close proximity,Borrowed, People Mixed together. Other Think the ancestory of all these languages is one ancient extinct Language which started to break into Branches 15,000 Years ago. There is similarities Between Hausa and ancient Egyptians as a language, Hausa has also Many Similarities Between Hausa and some Kushtic Languages especially Ta bedawi which is Beja a language.

Interesting. I wonder where the geographical root of this language group was located. North or East perhaps?
And I wonder why certain seemingly insignificant words such as “water”, “write” etc are similar . . . unless they all borrowed from a root.
What is the criteria that qualifies any language to be afro-asiatic? i.e. similar phonetics? similar words? same origin? etc. . I don't really understand what guidelines is used to classify any language.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 9:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
emöfine2:

Yep. I was beginning to think you could no longer reconcile with this strange looking site, lol.

Interesting. I wonder where the geographical root of this language group was located. North or East perhaps?
And I wonder why certain seemingly insignificant words such as “water”, “write” etc are similar . . . unless they all borrowed from a root.
What is the criteria that qualifies any language to be afro-asiatic? i.e. similar phonetics? similar words? same origin? etc. . I don't really understand what guidelines is used to classify any language.

Haha No My friend I was busy At work lately I would never Abandon This site Unless I am Banned somehow smiley

About The afro-asiatic Its Better Known as Erythrean Language Group These days wink I have a friend who is from Chad and always Get a laugh when I tell him you are speaking An Eritrean Language Group Hehehe Anyway There isn't Certainty where the Head Language was Located, But Many Linguistic Expert Now points to the Region Where Eritrea and East Sudan and western Arabia is Because it is the area where Most of these languages Met Again after Branching out from Mespotomia,Evolved and Branched Out for the second Time, The origin could be most Likely Todays Iraq, Indo Kushtic language had a presence there Long ago and many believe it was One language, so is semitic, Chadic, Ancient Egyptians and Omotic which many believe branched out from one language earlier, Once the Migration of each of the language People to the west They Mixed Together where the red sea Area is and More sub languages were Born Around The red Sea Regions Hence Erythrean Language Group, there are 5 Criteria or More to qualify a language to be part of the Afro-asiatic Group AKA Eryhthrean wink Suffixes, affixes, Vowel Changes, Feminine Classification, Tonal Sounds and words Relations is part of the Criteria's there are many more as well like words Base etc. Sometimes you will find for every Criteria a language group doesn't Fit with the rest That is probarly Due to evolution of the language that over time new words or grammer is replaced or words is adopted from other Language Groups. Its exactly Like The bantu Language Group Which has probarly More speakers and languages But you can also assume they all came from One language. Meaning That the bantu Languages Had More time to Branch out and divide. Basically if The Distrubtion point of The bantu language group was somewhere around Congo/CAMEROON then The Afro-asiatic would be somewhere around the region of Eritrea/East sudan/South-East Egypt and western Arabia The Area's surrounding The red Sea East and west.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 11:34am On Mar 27, 2012
Ta_Xasa:

Haha No My friend I was busy At work lately I would never Abandon This site Unless I am Banned somehow smiley

Such commitment. However I must admit this site is pretty unattractive grin (pun intended).

About The afro-asiatic Its Better Known as Erythrean Language Group These days wink

Erythrean corresponding to Eritrean, right? lol

Ethiopia, well at least that particular geographical region (Eastern Africa) has been often cited as the cradle of life. Do you agree with this claim?

By the way are you a historian or just a researcher?
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
emöfine2:

Such commitment. However I must admit this site is pretty unattractive grin (pun intended).

I am New here so I haven't Observed or got used to the Old look to take effect on me, But it does look more plain Now. grin

emöfine2:

Erythrean corresponding to Eritrean, right? lol

Correct. Well Erythrea or Eritrea In ancient Time refered to The land on the coast from East Egypt till Today Northern Djbouti. Eryth is an ancient Asiatic Word Meaning Red which translate to People of the red Land. The Reason It is Grouped As Erythrean is because it was where Erythrea Lies That the afroasiatic Languages Shared Presence and Branched out again Many Creating more sub languages. Like a meeting point If you Like. Prior to this point no one can tell for certain where and when any language originated Nor they can tell if the Language was born from its parent Language or its the original In the Erythrean Region. There is certainly Many Artifacts In this Region which predates Pre-Dynastic Ancient Egypt by Thousands of Years. Except Arabic which Originated on the other side of the Erythrean Sea (West arabia) Any language of the rest could well have originated In ancient Erythrean Region or at least developed there.

emöfine2:

Ethiopia, well at least that particular geographical region (Eastern Africa) has been often cited as the cradle of life. Do you agree with this claim?

Not Ethiopia For sure who for a starter Misses Half of the speakers of Afro asiatic Tribes Like Chadic/Beja/Ancient Egyptian let alone Bantu languages and others. As for the Whole East Africa Then still No i believe it was The first major stop and Branching Point to many african people Today Including those who speak Bantu Languages and San and other. I am a very Firm believer in the 4 waves of African Migration. First were the san people crossing over from where Eritrea/Djbouti lies with west Arabia and they just went south along the coast all the way to southern africa (south africa/Namibia/Botsawana etc) Next were The bantu Tribes Coming across Sinai and settling In egypt before Moving more east to where Libya/Algeria is and going south to cameroon then Congo then pushing again in all direction, Next were the Nilotic Tribes where they also crossed across Sinai but Moving south along the nile all the way to sudan/southern sudan/North Uganda Occupying large area's on both side of the Nile, Last Came The Rockstars arriving Late the Kushtic People crossing Into africa from all direction From Sinai till Djbouti and Pushing The nilo More west and The bantu people In eastern Africa More south. In between offcourse there has been an inter movements like Nilo going more south or west and Kushtic Going more west as well and bantu pushing Further south towards south africa etc. you can easily see that where the Layers of concentration of each group. in southern Libya you would see drawings datin back 10,000 Years ago No way that was berber or any group apart from Bantu's, you can also see same drawings In somalia and Eritrea These Drawings are a sign for stop over people could be san people In east africa and Bantu In north africa.

emöfine2:

By the way are you a historian or just a researcher?

Neither Its just a hobby Really But when I was doing My degree alot of my subjects drove me into Researches.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 9:20am On Mar 28, 2012
Ta_Xasa: I am New here so I haven't Observed or got used to the Old look to take effect on me, But it does look more plain Now. grin

Well to be fair, the old face wasn’t much of a looker either lol.

Last Came The Rockstars arriving Late the Kushtic People crossing Into africa from all direction From Sinai till Djbouti

Haha grin nice intro.

So essentially there are 4 major African groups?

Some claim that the san people are the oldest in the world.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
emöfine2:

Well to be fair, the old face wasn’t much of a looker either lol.

Hahaha Don't Tell That to The mods, They think they upgraded the looks In here. lol

emöfine2:
So essentially there are 4 major African groups?

4 Major Migration Groups, there is small one's too but the 4 major waves today make up 90% of the people of africa. There was also Greeks,Arabs,Romans,Persians,Turks,albanians to North africa but they Mixed/Integrated with Arabs.

emöfine2:
Some claim that the san people are the oldest in the world.

They are the oldest Unchanged People together with the aboriginal People of Australia, Meaning they stayed in one place the longest and their culture/Language merely Changed since they were established. The bantu speaking Groups are the Most In africa to Branch Out seems like they are the Most Likely to Venture and Branch out and Try New things, Nilotic Tribes are less open to this except when it come to war They Love Fights and they are the most stubborn People you would Meet, Kushtic Tribes Mentality vary from conservative to " let's Mix with anyone it will be fun" Mentality.lol The Nilotic Tribes are the closest Relatives to the Kushtic people But One is calm and the other is the Completly the opposite. lol Did you Relaise that when in nigeria?? Since you have some Nilotic/Chadic Tribes from the north are they difficult to deal with?? Like Violence?? ABIT stubborn Saying that you would also find that In Many eastern african countries The nilotic People Have a strong presence in the army They make good soldiers.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:19am On Mar 29, 2012
the Nilotic are extremely different from Cushtic peoples, in terms of racial appearance, language, custom, culture and religion. the even do facial scarification like us.

Salva Kiir Mayardit(Nilotic Dinka)--South Sudan Prez:

Ethiopian President (Cushtic):
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
the Nilotic are extremely different from Cushtic peoples, in terms of racial appearance, language, custom, culture and religion. the even do facial scarification like us.

Salva Kiir Mayardit(Nilotic Dinka)--South Sudan Prez:

Ethiopian President (Cushtic):

Hello Pagan Welcome to The thread.

The cushtic are Related To The Nilotic People, Most Kushtic People Today are mixed with other race or within themselves. Nilotic people are the most Unmixed Group in africa, 3000 or 4000 Years ago Most of the kushtic groups would have been in similar position. There is even Nilotic Groups who speak a cushtic Language today and at many Tribes who are Nilo and kushtic Mix. None more Visible today than in The omo Valley In Ethiopia (Omotic People/Tribes) Some Look Nilotic But speak cushtic language and some look Kushtic but speak a nilo Language. Also The features are the same if you look carefully Both Kusthtic and Nilotic have Long Neck, Head shape is similar, they are both tall (Nilotic slightly taller) But kushtic are more mixed these days so their shade is lighter. Beside All East Nilotic Language is today Known as Hamitic-Nilo Languages Because it was Created By mixing Nilo langauge and a hamitic language (In particular Kushtic).

Here is a picture Of anuak Nilo... I can Mistake Him easily for a Kushtic person , His features is not far off from how a kushtic would look like.

1 Like

Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by emofine2(f): 10:18am On Mar 29, 2012
Ta_Xasa:

Hahaha Don't Tell That to The mods, They think they upgraded the looks In here. lol

Haha beauty is subjective tongue

4 Major Migration Groups, there is small one's too but the 4 major waves today make up 90% of the people of africa. There was also Greeks,Arabs,Romans,Persians,Turks,albanians to North africa but they Mixed/Integrated with Arabs.

The early Africans were pushed down. From North leading to South the continent appears as a spectrum lol.

They are the oldest Unchanged People together with the aboriginal People of Australia, Meaning they stayed in one place the longest and their culture/Language merely Changed since they were established.

Really? Funny as these people are so tiny as well. I’m intrigued by them though.

The bantu speaking Groups are the Most In africa to Branch Out seems like they are the Most Likely to Venture and Branch out and Try New things, Nilotic Tribes are less open to this except when it come to war They Love Fights and they are the most stubborn People you would Meet, Kushtic Tribes Mentality vary from conservative to " let's Mix with anyone it will be fun" Mentality.lol The Nilotic Tribes are the closest Relatives to the Kushtic people But One is calm and the other is the Completly the opposite. lol Did you Relaise that when in nigeria?? Since you have some Nilotic/Chadic Tribes from the north are they difficult to deal with?? Like Violence?? ABIT stubborn Saying that you would also find that In Many eastern african countries The nilotic People Have a strong presence in the army They make good soldiers.

Hausas are Chadic, right. I actually left the country at a very young age so I can’t really say much regarding that. However my family used to live in the North and they used to share some interesting stories. My mother actually loves the Northerners/Hausa people. She and a few older Nigerians I know would always warn me...the Hausas are friendly and honest people but never ever offend their religion. And that was the only warning they used to give me. Apart from issues pertaining to religion the report about them was not bad at least within my circle of relatives/acquaintances.

If the Bantus refers to central/southern Africa, Cushitic refers to East and Nilotic = East/Central and San = South Africa . . . where does that leave the majority of West Africans?
Nigeria (at least the South eastern part of Nigeria) along with Cameroon had been said to be the root of the Bantu languages/people.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by firestar(f): 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
I've learnt a great deal from all this!
Thanks to the contributors!
Brb.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2012
Hey sorry for the late reply.

emöfine2:

Haha beauty is subjective tongue

Hahaha Too Right.

emöfine2:

The early Africans were pushed down. From North leading to South the continent appears as a spectrum lol.

That is how i see it exactly, If the Wave were reversed Then the spectrum probarly would look Different, Imagine Swapping East and west africa's Population. lol

emöfine2:

Really? Funny as these people are so tiny as well. I’m intrigued by them though.

yeah I know, But their culture is very deep. They value the land alot as well. They are actually Very very nice people I have met few from Botsawana.

emöfine2:

Hausas are Chadic, right. I actually left the country at a very young age so I can’t really say much regarding that. However my family used to live in the North and they used to share some interesting stories. My mother actually loves the Northerners/Hausa people. She and a few older Nigerians I know would always warn me...the Hausas are friendly and honest people but never ever offend their religion. And that was the only warning they used to give me. Apart from issues pertaining to religion the report about them was not bad at least within my circle of relatives/acquaintances.

Chadic Groups are usually Nice Until you point out something that is part of their culture and make it look odd/different, They don't like that. I am not sure about the hausa since there isn't many of them in east africa however The baggara are not far off and they are known to be sensitive about their culture.

emöfine2:
If the Bantus refers to central/southern Africa, Cushitic refers to East and Nilotic = East/Central and San = South Africa . . . where does that leave the majority of West Africans?

Well that is the Thing, Most West west/west Middle and west North africa are Chadic,berber and Bantu's while the west south is Bantu together with most of southern africa and Part of east africa. You can see where the borders of those ethnic groups Meet and most have mixed together. Not all bantu Groups are from the direct same ancestory Either, Language doesn't always reflect your ancestory, I am sure there is many Nigerians In america today and some only speak english and over few generation they Might be labelled as American and share the same culture with americans whether black, white or others however we all know they are Nigerian By decsent while other american Have different ancestory.

emöfine2:
Nigeria (at least the South eastern part of Nigeria) along with Cameroon had been said to be the root of the Bantu languages/people.

I am a firm believer That East Nigeria/Camroon/North West Congo is where the Main Waves took place for bantu population tribes to spread South/East/West. This is where I believe The Bantu as a language Identity was Modified If you like to reflect todays Bantu speaking Groups. I aslo Believe That The one group who Most of the bantu population Broken from passed or skipped Through Egypt west ward maybe staying In egypt the Might actually Be The pre-dynastic Ancient Egyptians before they were pushed out from More waves coming from the east. they Moved to where Libya/Algeria is and Moved south as the Desert Invade southward so they pushed Into more Arable Lands for Growing. Once they settled in where East Nigeria/Cameroon/North West Congo the population growth made for Breaking up of the group to branch out in different directions. You see Artifacts Don't Lie Nigeria/Cameroon/Congo is where you would Find Pots etc from Bantu population dating Back to Thousands of Years, anywhere else Bantu Expansion is recently recorded Either deeper into the west of africa or deeper into south africa.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2012
firestar: I've learnt a great deal from all this!
Thanks to the contributors!
Brb.

You are welcome.
That is what the forums are here for so we can benefit Each other. smiley
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by morpheus24: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
emöfine2:
@ emofine2

To answer your question regarding the majority of West Africa, the language families would give you an idea of the peoples that populate these areas. From Senegal strectching all the way down to the sudan there have been migrations that cut across the sahel and rain forest regions just below the Sahara. The main languages in the West are:

The Afro Asiatics such as Hausa,
The niger-congo A such as your kwa speakers, yoruba,Igbo, benin, twi, ashanti languages. These languages are postulated to have proto bantu origins. The Hausa language is more or less a Chadic Afro-Asiatic language. There are also influxes of nilo saharan speakers starting on the borders of West and central Africa flowing all the way into the West such as the Kanuri speakers.

You can confidently claim that West Africa has the most diverse combination of langauges that originate in Africa and it should be noted that these languages will undoubtedly have borrowed from one another through the centuries enough to skew each specific languge and make its origins a little more difficult to pinpoint.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by morpheus24: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
Ta_Xasa: Hey sorry for the late reply.
Well that is the Thing, Most West west/west Middle and west North africa are Chadic,berber and Bantu's while the west south is Bantu together with most of southern africa and Part of east africa. You can see where the borders of those ethnic groups Meet and most have mixed together. Not all bantu Groups are from the direct same ancestory Either, Language doesn't always reflect your ancestory, I am sure there is many Nigerians In america today and some only speak english and over few generation they Might be labelled as American and share the same culture with americans whether black, white or others however we all know they are Nigerian By decsent while other american Have different ancestory.

I am a firm believer That East Nigeria/Camroon/North West Congo is where the Main Waves took place for bantu population tribes to spread South/East/West. This is where I believe The Bantu as a language Identity was Modified If you like to reflect todays Bantu speaking Groups. I aslo Believe That The one group who Most of the bantu population Broken from passed or skipped Through Egypt west ward maybe staying In egypt the Might actually Be The pre-dynastic Ancient Egyptians before they were pushed out from More waves coming from the east. they Moved to where Libya/Algeria is and Moved south as the Desert Invade southward so they pushed Into more Arable Lands for Growing. Once they settled in where East Nigeria/Cameroon/North West Congo the population growth made for Breaking up of the group to branch out in different directions. You see Artifacts Don't Lie Nigeria/Cameroon/Congo is where you would Find Pots etc from Bantu population dating Back to Thousands of Years, anywhere else Bantu Expansion is recently recorded Either deeper into the west of africa or deeper into south africa.
@ Ta Xasa

just to clarify your point above. You are correct in saying most North and North west Africans are Afro asiatic speakers of which subfamilies include Chadic-hausa speakers, Amazigh_Berber are included.

The second wave of West African langauges are the Niger- congo A speakers which include some sahelian-sahara groups. These are Twi, Fulani, Wolof, Yoruba, Mandinka, Igbo.

Please note these languages are not refered to as bantu languages. They do share possible origins with PROTO-BANTU languages unified under the assumption of the use of prefixes to classify nouns and the lack thereof (Polyglotta Africana, Koelle S.W. 1854). The bantu grouping would be eventually coined following the relative similarities with languages that disperse east and south and encounter other language families(such as the khoi-clicks, Arabic tonations) to become what is known as Bantu speakers.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by TaXasa: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
morpheus24:
@ Ta Xasa

just to clarify your point above. You are correct in saying most North and North west Africans are Afro asiatic speakers of which subfamilies include Chadic-hausa speakers, Amazigh_Berber are included.

The second wave of West African langauges are the Niger- congo A speakers which include some sahelian-sahara groups. These are Twi, Fulani, Wolof, Yoruba, Mandinka, Igbo.

Please note these languages are not refered to as bantu languages. They do share possible origins with PROTO-BANTU languages unified under the assumption of the use of prefixes to classify nouns and the lack thereof (Polyglotta Africana, Koelle S.W. 1854). The bantu grouping would be eventually coined following the relative similarities with languages that disperse east and south and encounter other language families(such as the khoi-clicks, Arabic tonations) to become what is known as Bantu speakers.

It seems That the Afro-asiatic Groups Migrated West Before The Niger Congo related Tribes, If so then it does mean that the Niger-congo related Tribes were the most efficient in spreading/Branching and Efficiency when it came to growing Outwards and even Maybe influence. Good Post from you.
Re: New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 05, 2012
Interesting thread..

I'll quickly like to add the following:

Hausas are Afro-Asiatic and Nilo Saharan...

Yorubas/Edos are cushtic.

Igbos/Ijaws/Efik/Ibibio are bantu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis Black? / Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos / Manjack People From Senegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.