Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nanny Kidnaps A Boy For N3m - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nanny Kidnaps A Boy For N3m (987 Views)

White Man Demands N2m To Return A Boy He Took From Nigerian Lady / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nanny Kidnaps A Boy For N3m by tendy08(f): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2012
I was totally shocked to hear this from one of my neighbors recently and I felt I should share with you guys.
She told me of how they hired a nanny to babysit their son while they were away at work. To cut the long story short, the lady had lived with them for six months, until one Saturday morning when she realized that the baby and nanny were no where to be found. She got a call three days later to inform her that the baby was in Togo and they were required to pay a ransom fee of N3M to recover their child. It actually took them three weeks to gather the money and pay in… but thankfully, the baby was recovered in one piece.

Afterwards, they started an investigation and that was when they realized that they knew nothing about this lady…no contact address, no guarantor, and no previous work history….in short they absolutely hired a stranger to look after their child, When further investigation was done, they realized that she had done a similar thing with the couple she served before moving over to theirs.

I felt really bad for them, but for a while, I thought of this and I told myself that this is just a TYPICAL case of “Medicine after death”…or what do you think? The verification should have been done as part of the hiring process to forestall issues like this, as against having to go through a trauma like this just to realize what you should have done earlier.

It really hit me hard, as I know that most of us are guilty of this same crime…we pay money on a monthly basis to a total stranger, that we have no means of verifying his or her identity, no follow up address and guarantor for, to live in our houses or work in our office and have unrestricted or limited access to our children and most valued possessions.

This is a serious matter and I urge all parents to give this a thought, so we don’t keep endangering the lives of our children
Re: Nanny Kidnaps A Boy For N3m by modele2: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Now this is a serious one.

After they were just begining to settle down and get a rested mind that they had a good nanny. The evil woman was just biding her time for a 3 million naira salary at the end of 6 months.

There is this trend of nanny agents, i have used them a couple of times and after some incidents realised that i just relied on the agents(who are usually illitrate and have no details of the girls) and i did no home work of my own.BIG MISTAKE I have now defaulted to creches abeg, at least there are more people looking after the child versus one stranger at home.

@poster
thanks for sharing
Re: Nanny Kidnaps A Boy For N3m by tendy08(f): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2012
modele2...you can say that again. Since this story, I've been a bit skeptical about hiring a nanny for my baby on the way, which was the initial plan. though i hear there are a few well structured organization that run back ground checks on all these domestic staff, but i'm yet to confirm any of them... Honestly, i'll seriously like to get a contact for any of them, cos i just don't trust these creches, even though they seem like the best option for now.

(1) (Reply)

Is TT Really Necessary In Pregnancy? / We Need Help Here!!! / How To Be Faithful In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.