Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN (6889 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / Stocks / Shares Investors Which Way Forward? As The Nse Is Crashing Gradually. / Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 14, 2012
Tokotaya: My own remains, you cannot forcefully make someone to sell the shares of his company to others simply because he is making profit. I put myself in the position of the initial investors in the business at a time they were not sure it would succeed or fail. It must have been a period of anxiety. You had no idea how the people recruited to manage the business would run the it. Whether they would embezzle the money and run away, or whether Nigerians would not embrace the service, or whether the investment would simply sink. Now that they are doing well, I would resent anyone forcing me to make corporate decisions in a business he did not invest a kobo. That is not only unfair, it is greedy. Anyone who is interested in buying shares should consider the many companies looking for funds. Some have very good vision, but simply lack funds. Buy into their vision, invest in their future and make the company successful too. That is what capitalism is all about. Take risks and reap the reward of your risks if it is successful. If not, well too bad.

And to the guy talking about security, it is not the job of entrepreneurs to worry about your so called national security. His role is to deliver value and get rewarded for it. When you invite investors, you dont tell them to come and secure your country, but to come and invest, deliver value and be rewarded for it. Listing a company on the stock exchange does not make the country safer or more secure than when it is not. It is simply wrong compelling people to sell shares. It is against the very principle of free entry and free exit that stock market is noted for; if you still recall what they taught in secondary school about the stock market.
Blahblahblah...!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls I Need Advice And Clue On How To Invest 500,000 Naira / Faucetcrypto Is Back!! / Which Business Can I Do With 1m And Make 10k Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.