Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home (3745 Views)

Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN / Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: / What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Ciaman: 9:33am On Jan 07, 2008
I heard that One can trade directly and personally from his/her home through the Nigerian Stock Exchange website after getting a password from the NSE. What proccess does one need take to make this possible. We need to share idea about this as this will help us to trade individually instead of going through the stress of stockbroker, you can buy and sell same day which translates to making profit everyday Happy Contribution.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by DOW(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
I am interested too
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Ciaman: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
Readers , Please research and lets come out with the truth on this post.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by wyt(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2008
so what wil be the job of brokers if this is real?
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by GMG(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2008
If this is real, it will be really useful to those reciding outside the country. Please if you guys find out any useful information, let us all.

Thanks
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by wanaj0: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2008
Sorry, nothing like that at elast for now and yet to see any plan for this. Only brokers can trade remotely. You need to eb connected to the trading machine to be able to trade.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by webguru(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2008
actually in forex, you don't trade directly, u trade thru broker's platforms

i am actually looking for a broken so we can implement such a system
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by DOW(m): 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2008
To do this we need a market maker (liquidity provider) who is willing to buy off you at anytime and also be ready sell if u want to buy.
Read about market maker here.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/two-sidedmarket.asp

Dow
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by best007: 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2008
Hello everyone,
Sometimes i think 99% pf Nigerians are mad, you just start a post and ask people to mail you, why? Cos you wanna market the info why not join the success digest band wagon and it's army of infoprenuers, this is all i'm sure he knows, if you want to place you orders directly on the NSE without going through the hassles of passing through your broker,

1. Get a CSCS account registred with a Stock Broker.

2. Get to the CSCS website and download this form, and fill out then take the form to your stock broker to affirm it's signature on it.

3. You are required to pay a sum of N2500.00 into 2 designated banks listed on the form.

4. Would then scan the form and bank draft and send to CSCS email address, where it would be processed, this could take bout a month.

5. CSCS then contact with login info, that enables you log into CSCS homepage, where you can buy/sell stocks on your own, without going through your broker.

6. Alerts would be sent to your broker and they would effect profits or losses on your account since they manage them.

The url for the form is: http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/forms/subscription_form1.pdf

regards
abbas john
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Ciaman: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2008
best007:

Hello everyone,
Sometimes i think 99% pf Nigerians are mad, you just start a post and ask people to mail you, why? Cos you want to market the info why not join the success digest band wagon and it's army of infoprenuers, this is all i'm sure he knows, if you want to place you orders directly on the NSE without going through the hassles of passing through your broker,

1. Get a CSCS account registred with a Stock Broker.

2. Get to the CSCS website and download this form, and fill out then take the form to your stock broker to affirm it's signature on it.

3. You are required to pay a sum of N2500.00 into 2 designated banks listed on the form.

4. Would then scan the form and bank draft and send to CSCS email address, where it would be processed, this could take bout a month.

5. CSCS then contact with login info, that enables you log into CSCS homepage, where you can buy/sell stocks on your own, without going through your broker.

6. Alerts would be sent to your broker and they would effect profits or losses on your account since they manage them.

The url for the form is: http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/forms/subscription_form1.pdf

regards
abbas john

Kindly note that if 99% of Nigerians are mad, the probality of you being among is very high. You are even out of the subject line. CSCS doesnt engage in buy and selling of stocks. CSCS is not the market for stocks, they are just the storeroom for the stocks traded or to be traded on Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). NSE is the only market available in Nigeria for buy and selling of shares, Thank you but note that everyone deserves respect here.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by namdo(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2008
I dont't think you can trade it yourself, you still need your broker there but you would be able to view your stocks status once registered on the CSCS website.

shocked, 99% of us are not mad. Let's keep it decent i beg.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Daman1(m): 10:20am On Jan 14, 2008
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Haba, "Alhaji" or best 007, what has degenerate to the level of labelling Nigerians as "mad" we require that you tender an unreserved apology, now.
And watch your language in the public next time.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Mazeepac(m): 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2008
Hello Eranko @best007
You have the gut to call everyone Mad, just because of your infomation that is not even correct. Iam very sure that you are 'Madder' than all us.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 15, 2008
Now that the NSE has given approval to six banks to act as market maker will this (trading NSE stocks from home) happen any time soon
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by Melifew(m): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2008
i just notice something with some nairalanders they actually like proper home training and i am refering to Abass John
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by kaykya7: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2008
The idea of trading from home might sound good but how feasible is it in our situation. There are have been a lot of talk about the market these days but no mention of anything like such. Given Nigerians penchant for popularity and recognition on any little thing such idea would have made head news.

For those who want to learn more about opportunities in stock and other financial derivatives to improve their financial state, find out such ways on Wealthcreationseeds site.
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by sixus: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2008
YES YOU CAN NOW TRADE SHARES AND STOCKS FROM THE CONFORT OF YOUR HOME WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR BROKER. HOWEVER IT IS NOT APPLICABLE TO THE STOCKS LISTED ON THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE. IT IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO GLOBAL STOCKS LISTED ON NYSE (NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE), AMEX (AMERICAN STOCK EXCHANGE), NASDAQ IN INDIA, OTC BULLETIN BOARD, ETC.

IT IS A RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN TERM OF LOCATION. SO NIGERIANS ARE INVITED TO JOIN THEIR FOREIGN COUNTERPART AND RAKE IN COOL DOLLARS IN THIS RECENT POVERTY ERADICATION COMPAIGN. GO TO www.globalstockconsult..com FOR MORE INFO OR GIVE ME CALL ON 08024566867
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by pariski(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
@ Sixus.
You digress from the topic on this thread. The topic is how to trade on Nigerian NSE not global stocks. If you have useful information on this; provide it for the benefit of the members. Right now; I don't think such exist in Nigerian NSE. To establish this; there must be market markers and your broker(s) must have a trading platform to execute such trade. Most existing Stock broker firms in Nigeria don't have the technology nor the capital involves to establish this. This is one of the reasons for initial recapitalization of our market operators that was about to be instituted by SEC. How many stock broker firms in Nigeria have the software for data analysis and charting for execution of trade? we have a long way to go my brothers. May God takes us there! (Amen).
Re: Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home by madeonline(m): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2008
the answer to the above question is NO. Atleast for now. Every invstor must pass through one broker or the other.

cheers

(1) (Reply)

Trading Boom And Crash / How To Obtain Licenses For Gemstone Trade And Export In Nigeria / Cost Effective 3 Bedroom Bungalow Arc Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.