Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts (9053 Views)

Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. / NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts / Nysc Members To Get Martial Arts Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by sugar001(f): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2012
I laugh in martial art.
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
Rather than martial arts, they should give corpers gun permits, and teach them how to use firearms - but the best thing is to scrap the nonsense thing jare.

Since when did martial arts start to solve the problem of Nigerians. To even disarm a trained killer holding a knife with martial arts no be beans - forget all those stuffs you watch in the television (talkless of ones with guns).
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Weselion1(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2012
To protect themselves from dem boko boys,useless development
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by stildude(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2012
I think it is a good move. If they are made to undergo obstacle crossings, drills and parades that may never be of any help to anyone after the orientation ground apart from helping some of them build high libido and reason to unwind on several bottles of beer at the mami market later in the evening. I remember during my time, I travelled to abuja to try and get a redeployment cos of certain activities I had to engage in around my home state at the time. Being my first time of coming to the FCT, the conductor of the bus I took into town wanted to play a fast one on me. They collected N50 from other passenders and wanted to collect 70 bucks from me. After a round of violent outburst between me and the conductor and his driver, they held me and stopped from leaving having alighted from the bus. My martial arts instinct came in. After barely about 25 seconds, they were both bleeding from everywhere around the face. They had no more motivation to stop me except trying to get sympatisers. Passersby had to intervene and when they found out that they wanted to play me as JJC (and me na hardcore southerner then) by demanding 70 bucks from me instead of the actual 50 bucks they usually collect on that route, they were quick to take side with me and hauled the whole blame on the commercial motorists. I still left angry that they didn't suffer enough being that they stained my 'kaki' with their blood.  However, I just think 3 to 4 weeks of orientation camp is not enough to develop 'BUDO' in corpers.

where are  the guys in that camp (inseyin) at now - Ik ilorin, Sheriff, sola Ib poly, delsu physics. It is bad that there was no GSM then. I saw navigator recently. If you are on Nairaland halla!
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by 702: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2012
crap! martial arts in knowing how to disat
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Coefficient(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2012
These ppl av been watching too many hollywood flicks. This is hilarious. I laugh in Japanese
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by 3direct: 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2012
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Tingles(m): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2012
, to serve Nigeria with all my strength, to defend her unity,
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by bigsean(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
Martial Arts, really?
I cant laugh, Abeg!
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by bigsean(m): 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Martial Arts, really?
I cant laugh, Abeg!
how about gi-di-gbo
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by md4real(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2012
instead of greating avenues to create more jobs for this guys, they only want to teach them how to fight? i hope they use the skill against the camp official whenever their is a fire alarm
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by gaddafe(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2012
This thread stinks. The op posted a nice topic but the contributors are totally ignorant of what is going on (or about to go on). Hence they were all laughing.

@ op I think its a nice start. There are numerous reasons for this. In future, the govt will start looking at advancing the training by arming corpers

1 Like

Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by seunlayi(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2012
will Jackie Chan be one of their trainer

1 Like

Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Lekmusic: 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2012
Who are they supposed to be fighting? Defend theirselves? Jazz no recognize all that one, if them use charm flog u, na only Chinese language u go dey talk, their fight go hard u
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by BlackPikiN(m): 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2012
This one follow too?
Dem go begin learn how to shoot.

Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Forestrock(f): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2012
Teaching Martial art in NYSC is lame .there are a million things that can be thought.

They should give Real military Drills in a Friendly Environment.

Happy Days
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 10, 2012
stildude:

I think it is a good move. If they are made to undergo obstacle crossings, drills and parades that may never be of any help to anyone after the orientation ground apart from helping some of them build high libido and reason to unwind on several bottles of beer at the mami market later in the evening. I remember during my time, I travelled to abuja to try and get a redeployment cos of certain activities I had to engage in around my home state at the time. Being my first time of coming to the FCT, the conductor of the bus I took into town wanted to play a fast one on me. They collected N50 from other passenders and wanted to collect 70 bucks from me. After a round of violent outburst between me and the conductor and his driver, they held me and stopped from leaving having alighted from the bus. My martial arts instinct came in. After barely about 25 seconds, they were both bleeding from everywhere around the face. They had no more motivation to stop me except trying to get sympatisers. Passersby had to intervene and when they found out that they wanted to play me as JJC (and me na hardcore southerner then) by demanding 70 bucks from me instead of the actual 50 bucks they usually collect on that route, they were quick to take side with me and hauled the whole blame on the commercial motorists. I still left angry that they didn't suffer enough being that they stained my 'kaki' with their blood.  However, I just think 3 to 4 weeks of orientation camp is not enough to develop 'BUDO' in corpers.

where are  the guys in that camp (inseyin) at now - Ik ilorin, Sheriff, sola Ib poly, delsu physics. It is bad that there was no GSM then. I saw navigator recently. If you are on Nairaland halla!

I am very very sure that you must have invested a lot of time and effort into the martial arts. A simple 1-2 months training cannot help you get to that status.
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by emolade4re: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2012
4 jst two weeks training?
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by stildude(m): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2012
*dhtml:

I am very very sure that you must have invested a lot of time and effort into the martial arts. A simple 1-2 months training cannot help you get to that status.

Well you are right. As at the time I had been practicing for seven years. two months won't be enough. However, they may decide to continue after camp or not.
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by carpenter(m): 9:27am On Mar 10, 2012
I had my first full contact with Martial Arts in NYSC Camp in Lagos. I have always been interested back in Uni but never got he time to join them.

Several years down the line, i have a black belt in Shotokan and two stripped purple in Shitoryu Karate. The idea is to get you interested then if you are "very" interested, you can continue training.
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by samyng(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
Good
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by roddk(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martial Arts in 3weeks Still crossed fingers here
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by largie(f): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2012
you can never understand these policy makers. Martial arts in three weeks will counter terrorist attacks. Good thinking!
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by studyineu: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2012
Dis is really funny, shebi na kung fu that will be taught to them. Make sure you provide them with ammunitions also
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by kiyosaki1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2012
better they are train to handle fire arm n light weapons
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by laodedRay(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2012
hhhmm chifu teach me confu! Watchaaaa!!!!
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by Damoche10: 11:15am On Mar 12, 2012
Helep me ask them ooo...se na because of Boko?
Re: Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts by slumcat(m): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
its all strategies to loot more money.....naija!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2013Batch B Posted To Kwara State Let Meet Here. / Re: NYSC Foundation Loan To Corps Members / Relocation nysc Batch A 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.