Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Tethering. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tethering. (1067 Views)

How To Share VPN Network From Mobile To PC Using DF Tethering Fix App / How To Use Simple Server On PC Without Modem But Through WIFI Tethering / Tethering From Android To Java Phones Via Bluetooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tethering. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
Umm . . . I'm kinda confused: why do foreign service providers charge a fee for tethering, or disable it completely while here in nigeria, you just connect your phone to your pc with a micro-usb cable and off you go? Or are they not the same thing? Help please.
Re: Tethering. by Djcn: 6:17am On Mar 11, 2012
That's because phones sold in Nigeria are unlocked.(Not tied to any carrier) But in most advanced countries, the carriers sell their phones on a contract basis ranging from some few months to 2 years, and as such it often comes cheaper, with bogus softwares, and some terms of contract.
Re: Tethering. by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2012
AKA tech slavery.
Re: Tethering. by Kaybaba5(m): 11:24am On Mar 11, 2012
i know that some networks allow tetherin but still on my research
Re: Tethering. by moonraker(m): 4:37am On Mar 14, 2012
Depending on the country you live in, Tethering might be supported and unsupported.

it also depends on the kind of phone or smartphone you are using. In the case that

your carrier supports tethering and that you have the hardware to do tethering and that

you as a subscriber has entered a contract with your carrier, then of course, your

carrier will charge you according to your plan.

If you Tether without signing a contract and your carrier discovers it, then you will

be fined heavily.

Plus there is the issue of people using too much data. example, i knew someone who used

his iphone data plan to download a movie. True Story!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Android Or Blackberry? / Samsung Galaxy Sii / Tecno P3 Official Reviews Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.