Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland (7147 Views)

This Lady Is 131 Years Young,let's Give Her As Muck Likes And Amen. / Seun: Time Spetn On Profile Not Updating / Siasia: Three Years Is Enough To Rebuild S’eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by unclenna(m): 11:19am On Mar 12, 2012
My fellow Nairalanders, change is the only thing that is said to be permanent. What is happen in Nairaland is what we all has been calling for and expecting which is CHANGE. I like change if it will reduce my effort and improve my efficiency. I think that is what seun is doing in this new nairaland. Let's give this guy time and support he may need to enable him improve nairaland.

Remember nairaland is our own and therefore let's try to support it than criticizing it. This guy has really improved this new nairaland. If you have any suggestion you can drop it here or other avenue which he has made available. I must really commend him for this bold effort because this change has been overdue. So I plead with you to support him.

WHAT I DON'T REALLY LIKE IN THIS NEW NAIRALAND IS THE FONT COLOUR FOR THE FRONT PAGE TOPICS. I WOULD PREFER THAT THE FRONT PAGE MAINTAIN THE OLD BLACK FONT COLOUR BECAUSE OF THOSE THAT HAVE SIGHT PROBLEM. THE FONT COLOUR MADE THE FRONT PAGE TO BE TOO BRIGHT.

Once again keep it up with this good job. Change is permanent and will remain so.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Okijajuju1(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2012
Seun has no respect for Nairalanders. . .

We categorically told him not to change from the old one to this but he refused. . His autocracy is just getting out of hand. . It is time we Nairalanders reclaim our rights. . We shall Occupy Nairaland until Seun goes back to the old version or gives us something better than this crap.

Seun needs to know that Failure to comply would lead to protests on a scale he couldnt possibly begin to imagine. .
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by ITbomb(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2012
give me the secret to post a topic direct to the front page
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Dyt(f): 11:34am On Mar 12, 2012
his choice
wateva he does s only his p
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2012
Change is d only thing that is constant but this one is a bad change.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by unclenna(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2012
@ITBOMB, pls i don't have the secret to do so. I know what it takes to run a business. Every business especially websites needs constant change to still make the site attractive. Give him time.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Mbeki: 11:41am On Mar 12, 2012
Well let's see what the final product will look like, because as it is, i can't do what I use to do in the old Nairaland. I agree the interface should change!
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by slimyem: 11:41am On Mar 12, 2012
if you like,Occupy Nairaland till forever!
Na wetin Seun go do,hin go do!
Lets just hope it'll get better with time!
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by unclenna(m): 11:47am On Mar 12, 2012
slimyem: if you like,Occupy Nairaland till forever!

@Slimyem, everybody has a right to occupy anywhere but I believe senu will do something that all of us will like soon. this new nairaland befits mobile users very well.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by tellwisdom: 11:54am On Mar 12, 2012
This site now looks like cartoon network sad sad. It doesn't look real no more, compare to the old version.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2012
I'm with OKIJA on this one,he doesn't even care about what we think,almost everyone kicked against the idea,he didn't even tell us when it will take effect,the next thing we see one blessed morning is one ugly site he now calls NL,the thing is really annoying,well after all he'll say its his property so he can do with it whatever he wills, forgetting that without us there would be no traffic which will be bad for his business,mscheew.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by tellwisdom: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2012
if you like,Occupy Nairaland till forever!

This one na talk??
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Yorisb: 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
ITbomb: give me the secret to post a topic direct to the front page

Lol
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think seun should maintain the same or almost the same Fonts and colour as it was in the Old NL.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gulfer: 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2012
unclenna: @ITBOMB, pls i don't have the secret to do so. I know what it takes to run a business. Every business especially websites needs constant change to still make the site attractive. Give him time.
Then tell Mark Zuckerberg to change Facebook profile and see. Improve functionality is okay but change the whole sight-bad advise, wrong move.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gulfer: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
unclenna: @ITBOMB, pls i don't have the secret to do so. I know what it takes to run a business. Every business especially websites needs constant change to still make the site attractive. Give him time.
Then tell Mark Zuckerberg to change Facebook profile and see. Improve functionality is okay but change the whole sight-bad advise, wrong move.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by DAY12(m): 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
angry
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gulfer: 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gulfer: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
Then tell Mark Zuckerberg to change Facebook profile and see. Improve functionality is okay but change the whole sight-bad advise, wrong move. cry cry cry
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gulfer: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by NL1960: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2012
We know change is the only constant thing in life but this is a bad change. Seun has behave like Microsoft. Microsoft always brings out a bad version to replace a good version. My beef with this new version is the use of time instead of the date that was used in the previous one. You now see things like Bleep hours yyy minutes ago. In the previous one, i used the date to know where i stopped the last time i viewed a topic. Now, Seun is expecting me to be adding and subracting hours and minutes to know where last i stopped and to know where to continue. This is madness. It is already driving me crazy.If Seun refused to burge, he should at least changed back to date instead of the time he is now using.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by velo10: 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
Time to switch forums. This interface sucks. Really!
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Goldieluks: 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
Am liking the new NL. But.......

The settings lacks privacy.
No options to change 'font colour' (am missing my brown font)
We want our smileys.

I guess seun is still on the process of completing the settings.
Cheers!
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gulfer: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
I have posted the same message here about five (5) times because you do not see your post immediately like on the old NL.. Dividend of the new site, there is no thrill to this one. Even before i joined the forum fully, as a visitor, the site's outlook appealed to me than now (that is about 5years back).
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by vicade(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2012
Its comes out nice on my phone and I can see pictures and a longer list of replies and topics unlike the old one.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by samstradam: 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
My only problem is the font colour.

Also i think this page zero thing doesn't make sense (probably an american invention).

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by chikaliki: 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2012
why is it that plp find it difficult to accept change? well, there is always large room for change in life.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by lilkech(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
DID SEUN SMOKE GUN POWDER BEFORE DOING THIS ISH ?
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Joeblis(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Mehn this is damn kul..its now easier for me on like before.improve more and update more
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by yamakuza: 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
Like i said elsewhere:

Its not really about who's staying or who's leaving.

Its all about positive feedback.

What they do is go through that thread and collate the suggestions and implement on a weekly basis.

If we all complain without offering suggestions, there will be little to implement.

Nairaland will be better served if each complainant comes up with [b]5 things they like or would like and 5 things they dont like [/b]in this NL2.

Nairaland promises to get better each week, till it surpasses even FB!

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Esinwaju: 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
The nairaland icon is still green yet the site is like rainbow. Na ma o.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Ttola(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2012
my eyes just gets watery from reading on this new design, it colors irritates my optic nerves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Daughter, Zahra Shows Love To Korede Bello At The Inauguration Dinner / Fathered By A Ghost, Married To A Ghost - Osun State Woman Tells Her Story / See How CBN Governor Leaned For Smaila Isa Funtua Personal Friend Of PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.