Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Life In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In South Africa (13012 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Life In South Africa by ibrak200: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
I am a footballer and am planning on a trip to south africa. So i want to the way of life there, cost of living and is it an enjoyable place ?
Thanks. I need ur comments
Re: Life In South Africa by khukhi(f): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2012
I believe most countries are wonderful to go to especially when you have the right documents, enough cash for accommodation and basically your plans in place. It is a great place to be @. I don't know where to start. Let's just say you'll decide and tell us when you get back how it was okay.
Re: Life In South Africa by starpon1: 4:06am On Mar 13, 2012
Nawa 4 dis guy self upon all the deportation in south africa u stil 1 go there. Mtsheeew
Re: Life In South Africa by ibrak200: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2012
Guy u be fool 4 dat statement. Idiot. If cant say something gud just short ur stinkin mouth. Black goat

dat other guy there thank you for the comment.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
starpon1: Nawa 4 dis guy self upon all the deportation in south africa u stil 1 go there. Mtsheeew
Plz don't discourage ppl trying to make good progress in life. The fact that you don't have the means to travel or choose not to travel should not make you discourage the ones that want to. Thank you for taking my advice

2 Likes

Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
Bro, life no easy in south africa if you don't have money. But if you have, you will really enjoy it here. If you come here, plz know you will spend atleast 60 rand(1200 naira) for nigerian food or more for other food like kfc, macdonald etc. If you plan to lodge, cheapest 150+ rand(3000 or more) daily for accomodation. Also you need to make calls, buy some interesting things or have a sight seeing which will be more money. Also, you may need a trustworthy 9ja guy to help you because their are some places you should not go for fear of the local unemployed boys called 8tas who will rob you and if you insist, they can kill. Some have gun license and once you have these, there is no case if you kill some one no matter what he did to you. If you have friends here, is very good and he will help you alot. Make proper arrangement before coming. If you can play football well, you will also make it here. Believe me, if you play well in trials, they wil employ you cause they are not like 9ja clubs who may ask for something else to employ you

1 Like

Re: Life In South Africa by domo71: 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
i want to meet a nice nigeria guy in south africa.you can also drop ur number for me please for some information
Re: Life In South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 1:43am On Mar 18, 2012
my bro,am presently living in sa n wud like 2 tell some fact. Sa have a particular kind of hatred 4 naija cos dey use to say we r clever. Immdiately u enter,get started on legalizing ur visiting visa,try n get a permit even if it is refugee cos u bcome illegal after 30days of entering,get a flat 2 share with someone,it is like 500 -600 rands instead of lodging. Get registered with a soccer academy 2 promote ur career.u can do all these with ur tpa instead of wasting it on fun n clubbing.pls beware of some hungry lion naijas,dey will finish ur money n leave u broke. Gud luck

3 Likes

Re: Life In South Africa by pristine(m): 5:11am On Mar 19, 2012
Heading over there for just 2 months You mentioned something about getting a roomie for between 500-600..Could you please point me in the right direction on how to go about that..What city are you in
Re: Life In South Africa by osram(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2012
Helo evri1,pls i wnt to study engineerin in south africa..bt i dnt know how to go about it..i nid u ppls hlp in terms of fees,jobs and accomodatin in sa..how much it wud cost.tnx ol
Re: Life In South Africa by ibrak200: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2012
thanks guys. god bless
Re: Life In South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
pristine: Heading over there for just 2 months You mentioned something about getting a roomie for between 500-600..Could you please point me in the right direction on how to go about that..What city are you in
am in durban n it's like 8hrs drive frm joburg by land n 2hrs by air. U can get someone to share a rm in a flat with for like 5 to 6 hundred rands including light n water 4 a mth. U can check it on gumtree south africa.

1 Like

Re: Life In South Africa by laserboy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2012
Dear all, please I would like to know from you guys if it is possible to convert your visitor visa to study visa while still in South Africa. Your kind and genuine info is highly appreciated.
Re: Life In South Africa by tanimola22: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2012
osram: Helo evri1,pls i wnt to study engineerin in south africa..bt i dnt know how to go about it..i nid u ppls hlp in terms of fees,jobs and accomodatin in sa..how much it wud cost.tnx ol

BSc or MSc?
Re: Life In South Africa by tanimola22: 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2012
ibrak200: I am a footballer and am planning on a trip to south africa. So i want to the way of life there, cost of living and is it an enjoyable place ?
Thanks. I need ur comments

Guy, which province do you want to land? You never stated that.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
laserboy: Dear all, please I would like to know from you guys if it is possible to convert your visitor visa to study visa while still in South Africa. Your kind and genuine info is highly appreciated.

Very very easy. Just provide the necessary documents from your school and thats all you need. But meanwhile, make sure you come with your repatriation payment receipt. If you don't come with these, most of the permit you will do here may require you make another payment if you don't have the receipt. Plz come with nigeria police report from alagbon police station in lagos. Ones you have these documents and other smaller ones, you are good to get it in 30 days i think.
Re: Life In South Africa by metro10: 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
If i am applying for a work permit without a repatration reciept. What if i wasnt asked to pay repartration fee at the embassy? I was issued a visa without repatration fee.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 8:39am On Apr 07, 2012
metro10: If i am applying for a work permit without a repatration reciept. What if i wasnt asked to pay repartration fee at the embassy? I was issued a visa without repatration fee.

did you get the visa yourself? how long has it been? did you use the visa and return? maybe answers to these questions can give a clearer view of how you case will be. but if you get a work permit from the embassy in south Africa without the repatriation fees, you are good to go because you don't have any problems here. but the repatriation fees are collected when one is applying for any temporal permit but when you actually get the permanent residence in south africa, the money will be returned to you. but just expect them to ask you to pay for the fees and if they didn't request it from you then you are good to come here 100% no problems. cheers
Re: Life In South Africa by metro10: 6:20am On Apr 12, 2012
@henrychubayo
Thanks for the reply. I applied for a visit visa myself at the abuja embassy. I am actually having some events in SA, will be in coming weeks, its a three month multpiple, but have just one month left...hadn't used it yet. I might stay for masters program and work with my inviting organization for a while. What are my chances of getting a work permit and a master' in accounting( or SA' accounting chattered status). Thanks.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 8:38am On Apr 13, 2012
metro10: @henrychubayo
Thanks for the reply. I applied for a visit visa myself at the abuja embassy. I am actually having some events in SA, will be in coming weeks, its a three month multpiple, but have just one month left...hadn't used it yet. I might stay for masters program and work with my inviting organization for a while. What are my chances of getting a work permit and a master' in accounting( or SA' accounting chattered status). Thanks.

When u re giving visa like these, you should not wait for the last month to arrive here or use the visa so that you do not bring unnecessary questions and interviews at the airport. They may actually think that you come to stay and even if your intentions were to stay, always avoid suspection. But you will be fine here when you arrive. If the organisation or company is registered, and they employ you legally, then you don't have problem b/c they know what to do. However, if the salary is not up to the salary structure in this country for the type of work you will do, believe me, you cannot have documents from them that will enable you do the work permit. But when you come, things will be easier for you. Some documents can be arranged but others cannot be arranged. One of the documents that cannot be arranged is the Employment contract from the company or offer of employment document. Others can be arranged easily by you or an agent. Concerning the masters programme in accountance, you will get admission easily but make sure to come with transcript from you previous university. You are good to go. I wish you success in you programs and safe journey to joburg
Re: Life In South Africa by metro10: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
^^^
Thanks for the explicit info. God bless you.
Re: Life In South Africa by kenoyad: 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
please, I am interested in going to south africa, anybody should kindly help me by giving me information on required documents for visit visa. I had tried to get in online but i could not find any page with detailed information.
I will be very grateful.
Thanks.
Re: Life In South Africa by laserboy(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2012
@henrychubayo; thank u so much for the info. I have actually been to SA before. I was issued a three month visitor visa, i travelled to Joburg, stayed for three days with my wife and daughter then returned to Nigeria the 4th day. My intention now is to apply for another visitor visa nxt month and start a course in Computer Networking Technician by July @ Boston College, Braanfontein.I have my university transcript with me but its just student copy, will they accept that or must it be addressed to the school? When i get to SA how do i go abt getting my study permit? Ur kind reply would be appreciated.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 2:54pm On May 26, 2012
TM ILORIN: @henrychubayo, @queenyetty09 Kindly get back to me on my email pls. I will be visiting SA for like a month and I would like to rent accomodation there, I will like to know if you can help me out with any good one. Very urgent Pls>>>>

I can assist you. Since you will be staying for a month, renting am accomodation is better than staying in a hotel. But mind you that you will stay in a hotel atleast 2 days after arrival so that you can personally choose the accomodation that suits you before moving in. You must budget atleast 1500 rand (30,000 naira) for this. Nigerian food will cost you 60 rand (1200) daily but you will enjoy the food more that what you see in 9ja. When you land at the airport, make sure that you don't listen to some frustrated 9ja boys moving always at the airport instead, find a good taxi and ask him to take you to town where you will find good and affordable hotel to stay. If you are moving around, plz don't carry much money because south africa is a high crime rate country. On a broad day light, 15 boys of more will grab you in the neck and take everything you have. When you woke up, you will be laying down on the middle of no where. Its only your passport that they will leave for you and every other thing will be gone. As am writing these, one 9ja guy, old boy for that matter was few hours ago and all his money was collected in broad day light. Also, you should not accept to live any where instead, you will always be a victim if you don't have car. Having this informations is very vital and will assist you as a 9ja cause 9ja are always sensitive and brainee. Plz i can't assist much cause and still husling and i don't no where i will be then you will arrive. I also don't have car, cause i would have come and pick you up at the airport. Common don't be scared, you will definatly enjoy you visit here if you simply apply this small observations. I will add you as friend so that we can talk more. Plz always remember that i don't offer financial assistance or accomodation.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 3:14pm On May 26, 2012
laserboy: @henrychubayo; thank u so much for the info. I have actually been to SA before. I was issued a three month visitor visa, i travelled to Joburg, stayed for three days with my wife and daughter then returned to Nigeria the 4th day. My intention now is to apply for another visitor visa nxt month and start a course in Computer Networking Technician by July @ Boston College, Braanfontein.I have my university transcript with me but its just student copy, will they accept that or must it be addressed to the school? When i get to SA how do i go abt getting my study permit? Ur kind reply would be appreciated. My bb pin is 27C93E52 pls add me so we can discuss better as well.

Sorry bro, i don't have bb but we can talk here. The information that i will provide will assist you and others. Your visitors visa if you apply will be approved. Plz i think that the main organisation that you should send you transcript is the south african qualification evaluation authority SAQA. Its mandatory according to their law. But you can inquire from the school about these. But if you have a transcript of your academic records whether personal of school, the SAQA accepts it even photocopy but have to be certified in police station. To change your visitors visa to study permit, you should bring the police report from alagbon lagos and repatrition fees to be paid here since you have travel before and the rest of the documents can be arranged here. After submission, it will be approved before 30 days. So then, get prepared to be here soon so that you can as well give vital information to others as well.
Re: Life In South Africa by modupemi: 4:20pm On May 26, 2012
@henrychubayo
I am planning towards coming for my masters program in south africa sometime next year. I've heard so many bad stories of how difficult it is to get a job. Please note that I don't intend to work while running the program; that's why i intend to save enough money that will sustain me while the program last. My concern is about my chances of getting a job after the program. I already have about five years working experience here. I'll also be glad if you can also help with an average cost of living for a single guy per month.My destination would probably be cape town or pretoria. I'll prefer to get a room self contain as I would not like to share apartment. Kindly help with frank and detailed information. I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Life In South Africa by laserboy(m): 8:04am On May 29, 2012
henrychubayo:

Sorry bro, i don't have bb but we can talk here. The information that i will provide will assist you and others. Your visitors visa if you apply will be approved. Plz i think that the main organisation that you should send you transcript is the south african qualification evaluation authority SAQA. Its mandatory according to their law. But you can inquire from the school about these. But if you have a transcript of your academic records whether personal of school, the SAQA accepts it even photocopy but have to be certified in police station. To change your visitors visa to study permit, you should bring the police report from alagbon lagos and repatrition fees to be paid here since you have travel before and the rest of the documents can be arranged here. After submission, it will be approved before 30 days. So then, get prepared to be here soon so that you can as well give vital information to others as well.
Thanks for all the info. I already got my Transcript from my university but what i have is the student's copy. On the transcript is a stamp stating STUDENT COPY, NOT FOR OFFICIAL USE. It is not addressed to any organisation or school. Will it be accepted by SAQA for evaluation? Ur kind and quick response will be appreciated.
Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 7:33pm On May 30, 2012
laserboy: Thanks for all the info. I already got my Transcript from my university but what i have is the student's copy. On the transcript is a stamp stating STUDENT COPY, NOT FOR OFFICIAL USE. It is not addressed to any organisation or school. Will it be accepted by SAQA for evaluation? Ur kind and quick response will be appreciated.

The simple answer is yes. I went to SAQA office to day to collect my own evaluation certificate. The transcript i submitted was addressed to a company here and i went with it to saqa and they told me that as far as it is a true transcript of my academic records from my school, i can photocopy it, certify it in police station or post office and bring it to them which i did. I was happy to go and collect it today. I suggest you go to their website www.saqa.org.za or phone +27124315070, 124315000,124315039

(1) (2)

Britain Warns Nigeria Over Threat To Ban Virgin & British Airways / Canada And Australia Visa Lottery Scam!!! / Which Is More Beautiful? Lagos Or Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.