Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Life In South Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In South Africa (13022 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Life In South Africa by henrychubayo: 7:51pm On May 30, 2012
modupemi: @henrychubayo
I am planning towards coming for my masters program in south africa sometime next year. I've heard so many bad stories of how difficult it is to get a job. Please note that I don't intend to work while running the program; that's why i intend to save enough money that will sustain me while the program last. My concern is about my chances of getting a job after the program. I already have about five years working experience here. I'll also be glad if you can also help with an average cost of living for a single guy per month.My destination would probably be cape town or pretoria. I'll prefer to get a room self contain as I would not like to share apartment. Kindly help with frank and detailed information. I look forward to hearing from you.
First make adequate plan for ur studies. Here is not like europe where you can work and study. As for work, i cannot say that you can get or you cannot. All i know is that the white ppl have taken 70% of the work here. In fact, if you visit south africa and you will see that the rate of unemployment is too much for black south african. Meanwhile, whites knowing the brains 9ja have do not employ 9ja if they head the company. But who knows, you might be fortunate enough but is 5 out of 100. 1 room self con can be abt 2500k - 3000k rand. Cost of living daily should be abt 100 rand including food and transport. Good luck.
Re: Life In South Africa by joshuabiz2: 3:37am On May 31, 2012
pls help! what kind of goods can one export 2 SA.
Re: Life In South Africa by ibrak200: 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
henrychubayo:
First make adequate plan for ur studies. Here is not like europe where you can work and study. As for work, i cannot say that you can get or you cannot. All i know is that the white ppl have taken 70% of the work here. In fact, if you visit south africa and you will see that the rate of unemployment is too much for black south african. Meanwhile, whites knowing the brains 9ja have do not employ 9ja if they head the company. But who knows, you might be fortunate enough but is 5 out of 100. 1 room self con can be abt 2500k - 3000k rand. Cost of living daily should be abt 100 rand including food and transport. Good luck.
bro what about this yellow fever of a thing, the south african imigration are saying they are all fakes and they will deport if they found its fake. They even try to deport the people with the original saying thier batch number are not recognise. So how do i go about mine ? I dont want to be sent back
Re: Life In South Africa by AzaMontana(f): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hi, South Africa is a very nice place but lots of xhenophobia especially on South African guys towards nigerian man as they feel that 9ja boys take their woman, are very clever, sell drugs and do 419 which is partly true because South African woman looooove 9ja boys and a good one would do a lot to help her 9ja men ( Beware though as many see 9ja boys as wealthy and might try dig some gold out of you). Its hard fr Nigerians to get jobs in South Africa because many employes turn to generalise when it comes to Nigerians since most of the 9ja boys sell drugs or do fraud( its a fact). I have seen many good boys fresh from 9ja turn into crminals in South Africa mainly because of their own brothers. See most Nigerians are suffering in South Africa and when there is a new recruit they will pretend to be your friends only to rob you of everything you came from 9ja with then teach you wickedness but please do note that most of them once they make it they lke to open business mainly shops. I wish you all the luck but remember that its a jungle out there and if you do not watch out vultures will eat you alive and i am not talking about South Africans now i am talking about your own kind. South Africans are all talk and no action and xhenophobic attacks and crime levels have realy dropped as the Police are really trying ohh but beware of your own 9ja friends because they are the ones who will destroy you.

Re: Life In South Africa by ibrak200: 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Aza Montana: Hi, South Africa is a very nice place but lots of xhenophobia especially on South African guys towards nigerian man as they feel that 9ja boys take their woman, are very clever, sell drugs and do 419 which is partly true because South African woman looooove 9ja boys and a good one would do a lot to help her 9ja men ( Beware though as many see 9ja boys as wealthy and might try dig some gold out of you). Its hard fr Nigerians to get jobs in South Africa because many employes turn to generalise when it comes to Nigerians since most of the 9ja boys sell drugs or do fraud( its a fact). I have seen many good boys fresh from 9ja turn into crminals in South Africa mainly because of their own brothers. See most Nigerians are suffering in South Africa and when there is a new recruit they will pretend to be your friends only to rob you of everything you came from 9ja with then teach you wickedness but please do note that most of them once they make it they lke to open business mainly shops. I wish you all the luck but remember that its a jungle out there and if you do not watch out vultures will eat you alive and i am not talking about South Africans now i am talking about your own kind. South Africans are all talk and no action and xhenophobic attacks and crime levels have realy dropped as the Police are really trying ohh but beware of your own 9ja friends because they are the ones who will destroy you.
thanks brother for the info. It means you have to be careful of who you make friends with there in SA. 9ja guyz dey vex o
Re: Life In South Africa by AzaMontana(f): 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
ibrak200:
thanks brother for the info. It means you have to be careful of who you make friends with there in SA. 9ja guyz dey vex o
ibrak200:
ibrak200:

Hi Darling i am a lady not a guy okay
Re: Life In South Africa by charliemamen: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
hello people,

i have an Hnd and i have been trying to apply for a Top Up degree(like 1 or 2 yrs) in south Africa but it looks to me that the schools appear not to understand what i want.

I am planning travelling there with my original academic transcripts so that i can provide it to SAQA for evaluation.

My confusion is, if i apply for visiting visa, can i convert it to a study permit before the visiting visa expires, also can i apply there while im still using my visiting visa.

candid advises and information please
Re: Life In South Africa by Noswaa: 4:43am On Jul 28, 2012
I want to go for masters programme in South Africa then i need a study permit,in case my husband want to join me while am still studying can they grant him work permit,he is a Doctor,pls advise thank u
Re: Life In South Africa by ibrak200: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
sorry everyone please is this the south african visa application form ? http://www.southafrica-newyork.net/homeaffairs/forms/bi84.pdf
henrychubayo:

The simple answer is yes. I went to SAQA office to day to collect my own evaluation certificate. The transcript i submitted was addressed to a company here and i went with it to saqa and they told me that as far as it is a true transcript of my academic records from my school, i can photocopy it, certify it in police station or post office and bring it to them which i did. I was happy to go and collect it today. I suggest you go to their website www.saqa.org.za or phone +27124315070, 124315000,124315039
Re: Life In South Africa by kilmix: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2013
[b][/b] Dear friends, I am currently in my last year as a Law student in Naija. I wud luv to come to SA for my Master in Law degree next year... I need help with how much it costs at UKZN and what it entails to study there...permit etc. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Life In South Africa by justwise(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2013

(1) (2)

Canada And Australia Visa Lottery Scam!!! / Britain Warns Nigeria Over Threat To Ban Virgin & British Airways / The Fate Of Public Transportation In Nigeria