Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? (5536 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Ten (10) Reasons To Tithe / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2012
Jesus is the perfection of tithing. To think that we need to give ten percent of our money to a church so that God will bless us is just as ignorant as thinking that by circumcision we will become part of God’s people and be saved.

IN CONCLUSION

Jesus is the perfection of tithing. To think that we need to give ten percent of our money to a church so that God will bless us is just as ignorant as thinking that by circumcision we will become part of God’s people and be saved.

Let’s look at our tithe and eat His flesh and drink His blood for in doing so we are fulfilling the Law. The truth of the LAW is that it points to Jesus, and as we believe on Him we are partaking of Him i, without there being any accusation against us. Never again do we have to think that we come short in any area of life, especially when it comes to money. When we believe in Jesus, all is done concerning our redemption from the curse and we don’t have to add a thing.

I have seen that not even God brings any accusation against His people, but many are willing to condemn the priceless CHURCH OF GOD when it comes to giving.

For details read here and share your revelations: http://voicegrace..com/2009/04/jesus-is-fulfillment-of-law-tithing.html
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by wordtalk(m): 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2012
East: Jesus is the perfection of tithing.

HOW is that so?

East: Let’s look at our tithe and eat His flesh and drink His blood for in doing so we are fulfilling the Law.

That must be the most IGNORANT sentence I read anywhere on the net! The reason is this -

East: When we believe in Jesus, all is done concerning our redemption from the curse and we don’t have to add a thing.

Tithing has NOTHING to do with REDEMPTION - NOWHERE does the Bible connect tithing with anybody's redemption or salvation.

East: I have seen that not even God brings any accusation against His people

Then you most certainly haven't read your Bible! While it makes us 'feel good' to read the above, the fact is that even God Himself has accused 'His people' at some time or the other - there are so many examples, depending on what each case presents. If not, what then does He mean by saying: 'But I have a few things against thee' in Revelation 2:4, 14, 20?

There's a whole lot of jargon in your 'conclusion' that make for very shoddy work.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 7:17am On Mar 15, 2012
Tithing has to relivance to Christ as regards fulfillment of the law like sabbath. The connection with Christ as regards our tithes is the fact that he is our high priest. We give tithes to the high priest . As. Long as there's a high priest there will be tithing. Remember it was in existence before the law came . So tithing was not instituted under the law. It's an eternal principle just like praying, worship, offering ,
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2012
^^^^^^^^^
New testaments...
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2012
wordtalk:

HOW is that so?

That must be the most IGNORANT sentence I read anywhere on the net! The reason is this -

Tithing has NOTHING to do with REDEMPTION - NOWHERE does the Bible connect tithing with anybody's redemption or salvation.

Then you most certainly haven't read your Bible! While it makes us 'feel good' to read the above, the fact is that even God Himself has accused 'His people' at some time or the other - there are so many examples, depending on what each case presents. If not, what then does He mean by saying: 'But I have a few things against thee' in Revelation 2:4, 14, 20?

There's a whole lot of jargon in your 'conclusion' that make for very shoddy work.

Thanks for enlightening. when i saw the article, i was unable to comprehend. I really need revelation about tithes
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2012
Joagbaje:

Tithing has to relivance to Christ as regards fulfillment of the law like sabbath. The connection with Christ as regards our tithes is the fact that he is our high priest. We give tithes to the high priest . As. Long as there's a high priest there will be tithing. Remember it was in existence before the law came . So tithing was not instituted under the law. It's an eternal principle just like praying, worship, offering ,

Thanks so much.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
Tithing has no place in christian lexicon.Beleivers are encouraged to contribute to the church out of their own volition.joagbaje mentioned tithing before the law how many times did abraham pay tithes to melchizedek?where did he say we must repeat this tithe ?

You mentioned paying 2 the high priest so could you please show me where Jesus as high priest received or asked anyone 2 receive tithes on his behalf?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Zikkyy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
Joagbaje:

So how do we send our tithe to the high priest?
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by plappville(f): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2012
chukwudi44: Tithing has no place in christian lexicon.Beleivers are encouraged to contribute to the church out of their own volition.joagbaje mentioned tithing before the law how many times did abraham pay tithes to melchizedek?where did he say we must repeat this tithe ?

You mentioned paying 2 the high priest so could you please show me where Jesus as high priest received or asked anyone 2 receive tithes on his behalf?

The bold are good questions. I would also love to know how and where it is in the scripture.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by plappville(f): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2012
Zikkyy:

So how do we send our tithe to the high priest?
grin grin , by giving willingly to the work of the church/poor people etc.
And the most important, by obeying all the law. Not neglecting some, not fabricating some, not twisting some.
Obedent to Gods work is what Christ keep telling the people.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
[/b]Ok, i understand now that tithing was not part of the law. which scriptures support this fact?
I know that the law was the ten commandments i am right?

What happens to the fact that the tithes were meant to be eaten by the tither?

Deu 14:23 Bring your tithe into the Presence of GOD, your God, at the place he designates for worship and there eat the tithe from your grain, wine, and oil and the firstborn from your herds and flocks. In this way you will learn to live in deep reverence before GOD, your God, as long as you live.

Deu 14:24 But if the place GOD, your God, designates for worship is too far away and you can't carry your tithe that far, GOD, your God, will still bless you:

Deu 14:25 exchange your tithe for money and take the money to the place GOD, your God, has chosen to be worshiped.

Deu 14:26 Use the money to buy anything you want: cattle, sheep, wine, or beer--anything that looks good to you. You and your family can then feast in the Presence of GOD, your God, and have a good time.

I need answers to my worries please brethren.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 4:55am On Mar 16, 2012
chukwudi44:
.joagbaje mentioned tithing before the law how many times did abraham pay tithes to melchizedek?where did he say we must repeat this tithe ?

Maybe 100 times, maybe ten times we only have record of one incidence. Its not about how many times , its about the concept of tithing as a spirititual principke.

Do you give offering to God? If you answer This, it should answer your question too.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2012
@joagbaje

Yes I do give offerings in church because 2 cor 9:7 and countless other passages enjoins christians to give offerings freely of their own volition.

But all thru my bible study I am yet to see where christians paid or where asked to pay tithes.

There is no where Jesus as high priest asked anyone to receive tithes on his behalf
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 7:20am On Mar 16, 2012
Joagbaje:

Oga when are you going to repent from your evil and deceptive ways of adding to scripture? Where is it in your bible that Jesus as high priest mandated anyone collect tithes on his behalf? Just remember that all those who add to or subtract from scripture shall have their part in the lake of fire.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by TheArbiter: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2012
I dont know what the controversy is all about. Jesus was a jew and tith law is a jewish law so take it or leave it period.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Zikkyy(m): 8:08am On Mar 16, 2012
Joagbaje:
Do you give offering to God? If you answer This, it should answer your question too.

Attempting to dodge the question abi angry We give offerings to meet the varying needs of the body of Christ.Since we are not required to give offering directly to the high priest, giving offering is therefore different from giving tithe (which according to you goes straight to the high priest). You said tithe is for the high priest; with Christ as the current high priest, tell us how we send our tithe to obodo heaven, simple smiley
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Enigma(m): 8:46am On Mar 16, 2012
musKeeto:
Can't believe this was the same guy arguing on another thread that massturbation wasn't a sin cos it wasn't in the Bible. Now he's here making up his own verses,

Holy CHris,, Holy Jo,

cool
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by deprince0(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Oga when are you going to repent from your evil and deceptive ways of adding to scripture? Where is it in your bible that Jesus as high priest mandated anyone collect tithes on his behalf? Just remember that all those who add to or subtract from scripture shall have their part in the lake of fire.

The law was between God and israel not between God and the whole world that ws why it was abolished so that salvation will be for all. The law was used to convict israel of their sins before GOD but there was no way of escape for Israel. God needed to convict the whole world of sin and give them a way of escape and that way of escape is through Jesus Christ. Abraham paid his tithe, not because God commanded him Abraham but because he (Abrahma) recognised the office of Melchizedek as the King of Peace. Melchizedek was not a king of any nation but a King of Peace. (Bear in mind that GOD is the King and Prince of Peace). God met Abraham on the way in the form Melchizedek just as God came and died in the form of man(Jesus). Tithe law was given to Moses by GOD. The Tithe law should be rendered to the levies. I hope we will not dispute that Jesus Christ is Jehovah and Jehovah is Jesus Christ. JEHOVAH/JESUS said in Mal. 3:8. "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings. If you don't pay your tithe, you simply rob GOD. Christ Modified the law of levis when he was in the world by becoming the high priest just like the order of Melchizedek.Christ has appointed his preachers as his representatives. hence when u pay ur tithe to them,Christ receives that the gospel of Christ will propagate. THANKS
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2012
deprince0:
The law was between God and israel not between God and the whole world that ws why it was abolished so that salvation will be for all. The law was used to convict israel of their sins before GOD but there was no way of escape for Israel. God needed to convict the whole world of sin and give them a way of escape and that way of escape is through Jesus Christ. Abraham paid his tithe, not because God commanded him Abraham but because he (Abrahma) recognised the office of Melchizedek as the King of Peace. Melchizedek was not a king of any nation but a King of Peace. (Bear in mind that GOD is the King and Prince of Peace). God met Abraham on the way in the form Melchizedek just as God came and died in the form of man(Jesus). Tithe law was given to Moses by GOD. The Tithe law should be rendered to the levies. I hope we will not dispute that Jesus Christ is Jehovah and Jehovah is Jesus Christ. JEHOVAH/JESUS said in Mal. 3:8. "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings. If you don't pay your tithe, you simply rob GOD. Christ Modified the law of levis when he was in the world by becoming the high priest just like the order of Melchizedek.Christ has appointed his preachers as his representatives. hence when u pay ur tithe to them,Christ receives that the gospel of Christ will propagate. THANKS

Kindly quote one single scripture to corroborate your claims that Jesus appointed preachers to collect tithes on his behalf. Also show us examples in scripture of the apostles collecting or even preaching tithes in the new testament. If you can't(which you obviously can't) you would be found guilty of twisting the scriptures which is a very serious sin in the eyes of God.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by deprince0(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Kindly quote one single scripture to corroborate your claims that Jesus appointed preachers to collect tithes on his behalf. Also show us examples in scripture of the apostles collecting or even preaching tithes in the new testament. If you can't(which you obviously can't) you would be found guilty of twisting the scriptures which is a very serious sin in the eyes of God.

hahaha, My dear... my slogan is the bible stands like the rock undaunted. One thing u should understand is that God have made any believing leader his oracle. what does oracle mean? Oracle means (n.) One who communicates a divine command; an angel; a prophet. (n.) The communications, revelations, or messages delivered by God to the prophets; also, the entire sacred Scriptures -- usually in the plural.. I will say here that an is GOD's representative to man. One who hears from God and then delivers it to the people. lets go scriptural. “…he even built them for it within, even the oracle, even for the most holy place…” – (I Kings 6:16).
“And with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us” – (Acts 7:38).
“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God..” – (Heb.5:12).
“If any speak, let him speak as the oracles of God…” – (I Pet.4:11).
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” – (2 Tim.3:16). Now what am saying? If Jesus is GOD which i know you believe and now is the high priest in heaven. Will a man rob GOd, ye have robbed me in tithes and offering. our spiritual teachers are the oracles of God so the tithe will be used to propagate the work of GOD not for the oracles to eat fat on the tithe.GOD said let not bread be found wanting in my house. My dear, tithing is very good for the gospel of christ to move forward. tithe is purely for the church of GOD. God can never come down to do all these things for us if we don't do them. So give your tithe to ur pastor because he is your spiritual leader, an oracle.I know there are many mammonic pastors these days but One thing is sure, God is going to judge all even his oracles. Do ur part and leave the rest for God to take control.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
deprince0:

hahaha, My dear... my slogan is the bible stands like the rock undaunted. One thing u should understand is that God have made any believing leader his oracle. what does oracle mean? Oracle means (n.) One who communicates a divine command; an angel; a prophet. (n.) The communications, revelations, or messages delivered by God to the prophets; also, the entire sacred Scriptures -- usually in the plural.. I will say here that an is GOD's representative to man. One who hears from God and then delivers it to the people. lets go scriptural. “…he even built them for it within, even the oracle, even for the most holy place…” – (I Kings 6:16).
“And with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us” – (Acts 7:38).
“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God..” – (Heb.5:12).
“If any speak, let him speak as the oracles of God…” – (I Pet.4:11).
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” – (2 Tim.3:16). Now what am saying? If Jesus is GOD which i know you believe and now is the high priest in heaven. Will a man rob GOd, ye have robbed me in tithes and offering. our spiritual teachers are the oracles of God so the tithe will be used to propagate the work of GOD not for the oracles to eat fat on the tithe.GOD said let not bread be found wanting in my house. My dear, tithing is very good for the gospel of christ to move forward. tithe is purely for the church of GOD. God can never come down to do all these things for us if we don't do them. So give your tithe to ur pastor because he is your spiritual leader, an oracle.I know there are many mammonic pastors these days but One thing is sure, God is going to judge all even his oracles. Do ur part and leave the rest for God to take control.

It's quite instructive that despite all the scriptures you posted to obfuscate the question asked you could note post one single scripture to corroborate your vacant claims that pastors today are mandated to collect tithes on christ's behalf other than your baseless claims that some self annointed preachers are oracles unto themselves. I make bold to tell you that I am annointed of God and I have the holy spirit within me who tells me in very clear terms that tithing is not required of christians.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Zikkyy(m): 6:39am On Mar 18, 2012
deprince0:
Christ has appointed his preachers as his representatives. hence when u pay ur tithe to them,

LOL grin Now i know why you guys pray to and worship your pastors grin
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 18, 2012
@deprinceo

You tell me that the jewish law was between isreal and God alone and didn't involve us yet you keep quoting malachi 3 which was based on the jewish law how ironical!!!

Kindly stop sprouting rubbish and quote the scriptures kunle demanded 4rm u
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2012
chukwudi44: @deprinceo

You tell me that the jewish law was between isreal and God alone and didn't involve us yet you keep quoting malachi 3 which was based on the jewish law how ironical!!!

i thought i was the only one who saw that.
all these Religious 419ners. I dont care about tithes or offerings but i hate it when people try to play smart and deceive people just because of paper money.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by deprince0(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2012
chukwudi44: @deprinceo

Thank ‎​You sir, and God bless ‎​You . If ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ don't want to pay your tithe. It Ȋ̝̊̅§ well. On †ђξ last day, God will judge. I repeat tithe Ȋ̝̊̅§ ƒσя †ђξ propagation of †ђξ gospel. I pray T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇α̇̇̇†̥̥ GOD will open our understanding to his words in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by deprince0(m): 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
diluminati:

i thought i was the only one who saw that.
all these Religious 419ners. I dont care about tithes or offerings but i hate it when people try to play smart and deceive people just because of paper money.
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ beloved in Christ. I m not ‎​A̶̲̅ pastor but ‎​A̶̲̅
Born again bible student who by †ђξ grace of God has †ђξ knowledge of †ђξ scripture. I will pay M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ tithe. Malachi says shall ‎​A̶̲̅ man rob God and didn't say shall israel rob God. T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇α̇̇̇†̥̥ question Ȋ̝̊̅§ ƒσя everyone not ƒσя jews alone. I won't indulge in scriptural arguement. I will simply make M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ point. He who has ear let him hear.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 7:13am On Mar 19, 2012
deprince0:

Thank ‎​You sir, and God bless ‎​You . If ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ don't want to pay your tithe. It Ȋ̝̊̅§ well. On †ђξ last day, God will judge. I repeat tithe Ȋ̝̊̅§ ƒσя †ђξ propagation of †ђξ gospel. I pray T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇α̇̇̇†̥̥ GOD will open our understanding to his words in Jesus name. Amen.
Again sir, could you quote scriptural reference to your assertion that tithes is meant to propagate the gospel? Or are you just spewing out the lies your pastor told you in church?
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Again sir, could you quote scriptural reference to your assertion that tithes is meant to propagate the gospel? Or are you just spewing out the lies your pastor told you in church?
He could quote Malachi 3:8 to 3:10. (Old Testament)
Deprice0 possibly be a Hebrew Levitical priest and therefore he is liable tithing ...
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
One of the reasons God canceled tithing is because of the new testament order of "They that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God" This law was a school master to train the heart of Israelites into obedience. The law of tithing is over and the law of free will giving had being given to believers. May the Lord give people revelation of the truth.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
goshen360: One of the reasons God canceled tithing is because . . . ..

Where the you read in the bible that God cancelled tithing dear?
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^
Prove tithing in the new testament sir. Remember, by revelation, Jesus was born under the law and died to fulfill the law. Also remember, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is not new testament. Sir, kindly prove tithing from Acts of Apostle to Revelation as laid down by Jesus or taught by the Apostles.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23am On Mar 20, 2012
goshen360: ^^^
Prove tithing in the new testament sir. Remember, by revelation, Jesus was born under the law and died to fulfill the law. Also remember, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is not new testament. Sir, kindly prove tithing from Acts of Apostle to Revelation as laid down by Jesus or taught by the Apostles.

"Jesus was born under the law and so whatever he taught was for those under the law which does not apply to us because Jesus fulfilled the law". Is this what is being taught in the modern churches in these last days?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? / Why I Can Never Be An Atheist. / Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.