Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Meditation Of The Day(luke 11:14-23) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation Of The Day(luke 11:14-23) (511 Views)

Morning Devotion: A Sinful Challenge Luke 11:14-23 / Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meditation Of The Day(luke 11:14-23) by naslinks(m): 9:51am On Mar 15, 2012
MEDITATION OF THE DAY(Luke 11:14-23)
THEME: WHAT IS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF CHRIST JESUS

In today’s Gospel reading Jesus performs a healing miracle which gains him opposition rather then adulation. In restoring the gift of speech to a mute man He discovers that “demons” which control a person’s extremities are far easier to exorcise then the demons that lodge themselves in the depths of the human heart.
We have the arrogant human nature to analyze and apply everything to a science or understanding, rather than just believe and have faith in God.

The people who witness the healing miracle accuse Jesus of healing in the name of Beelzebul. But Jesus can see that it is really they who are possessed by cynicism and doubt and he proceeds to confront them with their own irrational arguments.. They are caught in their own desperate situations and cannot allow themselves to trust that Jesus is from God. Their discomfort in the presence of Jesus reminds us that there is  a bit of the “beast” in us all.
There are also those of us, that want God to prove Himself to us, by way of some outrageous sign, rather than having faith and trust.

PRAYER:Lord,grant me your Holy Spirit that I may discern what will lead me to you and what leads me away from you.

(1) (Reply)

Stay Cool And See D Wondrous Of God / The Glorious Gospel / Pls How Can I Get A Bible That Can Run On Symbian S60^5 Operating System .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.