Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 (944 Views)

Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) / Morning Devotion: A Sinful Challenge Luke 11:14-23 / Meditation Of The Day(luke 11:14-23) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you. He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." = Luke 11:27-28
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Ubenedictus(m): 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
That one is simple, d criteria for calling someone blessed according to Jesus is to hear the word and obey it, that is the life of mary, the statement doesn't exclude mary, it instead includes all who hear and obey God's words.
Peace.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 05, 2013
^ Since i also hear the word of God and also obey it then it is only right for you to honour me like you honour mary. But hey, dont go making statues,beads and saying prayers to me like you do to mary.

2 Likes

Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 05, 2013
Ubenedictus: That one is simple, d criteria for calling someone blessed according to Jesus is to hear the word and obey it, that is the life of mary, the statement doesn't exclude mary, it instead includes all who hear and obey God's words.
Peace.

My point really is that Jesus always deflected any adoration or worship from Mary back to GOD and very strangely never to himself.

If Jesus could divert any worship to GOD and not himself, then worshiping Mary is really quite blasphemous and irreparably wicked.

God installed Christ as the redeemer , the creator of the new age and the only MEDIATOR , and yet your institution has swapped this for a co-redeemership shared between Jesus and Mary , directing worship not to GOD but to this mystically strange and quite utterly pagan figure.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by italo: 8:48am On Apr 05, 2013
*FAMOUS LUNATIC ON THE RAMPAGE AGAIN*
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by dokie: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2013
frosbel: As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you. He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." = Luke 11:27-28

I will explain, not because it will make any difference to frosbel, but for others who might have an open mind towards things. You Frosbel are like the leaders of the Jews who couldn’t see anything good in Jesus, as such, even if God the Father Himself were to appear to confirm that Jesus was the Messiah, they would have said it was the devil that appeared. The reason being that they had their minds closed by their father – the devil – as Jesus told them (John 8:44 and 2Cor 4:4).

Nevertheless, in addition to the scripture of reference, I would go further to add this scripture “While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother” (Matt. 12: 46-50)

Both scriptures have the same significance:” Blessed, Mother, Brother”; all who do the will of God are Blessed, Mother, Brother. It is clear (for those who have their eyes open though) from the second scripture that Christ was not denying that Mary was his mother or that his brothers were not his brothers, since the bible continued to refer to James as the Lord’s brother (Galatians 1:19) and Mary as the Lord’s mother (Acts 1:14). So what’s the whole sense in Christ saying what he said? Simply, If you do the will of God, you are blessed. If you do the will of God, you are Christ’s family. If you do not, you are not blessed, and you are not part of Christ’s family. So Mary is Blessed and is the mother of Jesus; and any one who does the will of God is Blessed and belongs to the family of Jesus, since such a person is part of the body of Christ. Q.E.D.

Segeggs said that since he is doing the will of God, it is right that he be honored like Mary, but no one should go making statues, praying etc. Certainly, no one will do that (except maybe for some denominations who appear to worship their pastors) because we don’t do any of that to anybody living in this side of existence no matter how holy the person may be, not even the one we call Holy Father – the Pope. Reason being that such a person is still human and can fall of grace at anytime, and you can’t even tell if he/she is in the state of grace while appearing to be holy. The moment the person transits to the other side, and it is confirmed that such a person is in heaven (through the process of Beatification, which means proclaiming the person Blessed, and Canonization, which means the person is referred to as Saint), we can have a devotion to the person for intercessory purposes, in the spirit of “The Communion of the Saints”

I won’t go further than that because the issue of praying, making statues and all the other practices associated with the Marian Devotion and devotion to the saints are outside the scope of this thread and has been discussed extensively on various threads, councils, seminars etc. and whatever is said here won’t make any difference (at least for frosbels, segeggs and their likes). Many have converted from protestant denominations (including leaders) to Catholicism after having considered all these practices, and many have also left the Catholic Church for same reason

1 Like

Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=dokie]

I will explain, not because it will make any difference to frosbel, but for others who might have an open mind towards things. You Frosbel are like the leaders of the Jews who couldn’t see anything good in Jesus, as such, even if God the Father Himself were to appear to confirm that Jesus was the Messiah, they would have said it was the devil that appeared. The reason being that they had their minds closed by their father – the devil – as Jesus told them (John 8:44 and 2Cor 4:4)

Not true.

I see ALL GOOD in Jesus as he is a true reflection of the Father, he is the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Son of God , Messiah, the Christ, the God of the new age , the Father of the new Age, the Head of the Church etc.

What I do not see, will not see, refuse to see, is how on earth he is made to falsely share his attributes with his Mother who really was just a sinner like you and I.

If Jesus , other than the standard respect, did not accord any special and mysterious attributes and status to Mary , why is this so called Mother church wrongly making her a co-redeemer, sinless virgin and queen , contrary to scripture ?

How much more PAGAN can you guys get ?
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2013
dokie:

Segeggs said that since he is doing the will of God, it is right that he be honored like Mary, but no one should go making statues, praying etc. Certainly, no one will do that (except maybe for some denominations who appear to worship their pastors) because we don’t do any of that to anybody living in this side of existence no matter how holy the person may be, not even the one we call Holy Father – the Pope. Reason being that such a person is still human and can fall of grace at anytime, and you can’t even tell if he/she is in the state of grace while appearing to be holy. The moment the person transits to the other side, and it is confirmed that such a person is in heaven (through the process of Beatification, which means proclaiming the person Blessed, and Canonization, which means the person is referred to as Saint), we can have a devotion to the person for intercessory purposes, in the spirit of “The Communion of the Saints”

Hmmm, so your honor is for the dead and not for the living, wow !! What a dead religion.

Btw, a saint is not a person who has gone through a most erroneous, unscriptural and quite utterly pagan process called beatification, a saint is one who is born into the kingdom of GOD by his Spirit. This is an instantaneous experience and not a by and by process. There are millions of saints living today.

Also, I do not consider most of your saints as true saints with a very few plagiarized exceptions, since they were mostly gods manufactured into the position of saints , for the diabolical purpose of appeasing the pagan cultures of those old days.

Again , a saint is one who is born of the Spirit and Water, a saint is not one who died and goes through some process to a point of complete fulfillment of certain criteria, this is PAGAN.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by ijawkid(m): 11:55am On Apr 05, 2013
italo: *FAMOUS LUNATIC ON THE RAMPAGE AGAIN*

Answer the OP....

It is this same mary that when her presence was brought to the notice of Jesus,he said ::...any one who does the will of my Father is my mother and brothers etc.....

Jesus shoved aside any sort of adoration that persons wanted to arrogate to mary,but on the other hand some today have stubbornly chosen to make a graven image of mary and then ask her to pray for them..calling her the mother of God...smh!!!....

Na ona sabi...
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by italo: 11:58am On Apr 05, 2013
*ANOTHER LUNATIC DETECTED AND IGNORED*
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
^^^^

Very Christian of you, now we know what spirit you are operating under . smiley
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by italo: 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
*LUNATIC IGNORED, STILL*
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by dokie: 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
frosbel:

Hmmm, so your honor is for the dead and not for the living, wow !! What a dead religion.

Btw, a saint is not a person who has gone through a most erroneous, unscriptural and quite utterly pagan process called beatification, a saint is one who is born into the kingdom of GOD by his Spirit. This is an instantaneous experience and not a by and by process. There are millions of saints living today.

Also, I do not consider most of your saints as true saints with a very few plagiarized exceptions, since they were mostly gods manufactured into the position of saints , for the diabolical purpose of appeasing the pagan cultures of those old days.

Again , a saint is one who is born of the Spirit and Water, a saint is not one who died and goes through some process to a point of complete fulfillment of certain criteria, this is PAGAN.

What do you know? i no get your time.

those who truly want to learn shall learn, those whose minds are closed by the devil need help.

the day you post things that need clarification, i will clarify, not for you but for other seekers of genuine knowledge.

in the meantime, let me engage my time in doing the will of God.

while you r still combing the net looking for the next tool you will use, try readin "Rome Sweet Home" by scott hann. it will show you how genuine anti catholics should behave, and not folks like you doing the devils bidding.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by dokie: 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
italo: *LUNATIC IGNORED, STILL*

Italo, though i understand how unbelievable the post of these guys can be, you should not call them lunatics, its abusive. remember they are still made in the image and likeness of God, for that sake, abeg bros, respect their "human beigness" so that we dont offend the Lord.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by italo: 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
Thank you for the advice.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Ubenedictus(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
dokie:

What do you know? i no get your time.

those who truly want to learn shall learn, those whose minds are closed by the devil need help.

the day you post things that need clarification, i will clarify, not for you but for other seekers of genuine knowledge.

in the meantime, let me engage my time in doing the will of God.

while you r still combing the net looking for the next tool you will use, try readin "Rome Sweet Home" by scott hann. it will show you how genuine anti catholics should behave, and not folks like you doing the devils bidding.
hehehe, he has already pasted an anti catholic post against rome sweet home.
Frosbel, clap for yourself.
Re: Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28 by Boomark(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Opportunity for Christ to teach his follower to worship, honour, adore Mary and make her image. But he waved it aside. Catholics are on their own.

What is dokie even yapping? Are you telling us the revealed truth about the will of God or the will of MAN.

Follow what Christ said, "do the will of God" and be blessed just like Mary. Worship God in spirit and in truth not with images and statues. Images which are not true of the person they depict. Is this not a glaring falsehood?

(1) (Reply)

... / I Committed A Taboo / Popular Lagos Pastor Dr. Sign Fireman Arrested Over Alleged Ritual Murder Of Vir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.