Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,860 members, 7,824,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin (14368 Views)

14 JSS Students Arrested For Cultism In Edo(photo) / 9 Including Students Arrested For Internet-Scam / Video Of Lady Caught With Guns In Bag Of Garri At Numan LGA, Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by mukina2: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2012

The Lagos State Police Command Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, has arrested eleven cult members who claimed to be students of the Lagos State University, LASU.

•The suspected LASU cultists.

They were nabbed at Ijanikin, a suburb of Lagos along Lagos/Badagry Expressway, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria.

A police source told P.M.NEWS that two members of Eiye Confraternity had hired a commercial motorcyclist (okada rider) to take them to Ijanikin where they shot a rival cultist, a member of Aiye Confraternity.

The okada rider, after the shooting, contacted SARS operatives who arrested the suspect’s accomplice identified as Wasiu.

The cultist, who fired the shot managed to escape, but Wasiu led policemen to the hideout of the cultists at Ijanikin, where other cult members were arrested, the police source revealed.

According to the source, items recovered from the suspected cultists include three locally made cut to size rifles, one black bag, one locally made pistol, one live cartridge, four axes, one cutlass, one black beret and one phone.

Those arrested include Amos Acholo, 25, an indigene of Kogi State who claimed to be a businessman but a part-time student of LASU; Ojo Ola-Oluwa, 28, from Osun State, Olupooye Foluso, 27, claimed to be a student of Political Science at LASU, Haruna Olanrewaju, 28, from Kwara State said he is not a LASU student but joined the cult because he is jobless and Ismail Alli, 24, claimed he is a businessman from Sokoto State and he dropped out of school. Others are: a 23-year old Malian, Jiba Abdulahi who said he is into business; Adeyinka Phillips, 25, claimed to be a Lagos State indigene and a student of Computer Science at Lagos State Polytechnic; Edeh Michael said he attended Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Ijanikin while another suspect, Irikivewe Charles told the police he is still struggling for admission.

Another member of the cult group, Udemeobong from Cross River State, said he is a 200 level student at LASU. He confessed to the police that he was initiated into the cult last year when he visited his friend in Benin City, Edo State.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/15/11-lasu-students-arrested-with-guns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29

1 Like

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by deor03(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2012
Future leaders grin
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by eghost247(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2012
Say No to Cultism
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
someone said he is jobless and thats the reason why he joined cult. What an excuse! Let them all rot in jail. Cudos to that okada guy, we need more of them. I know that many of these guys are the one terrorising mile2- badagry roads by stealing hand bags, phones and robbing people at gun points everyday . Non sense people

2 Likes

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
let them rot in jail!
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
let them rot in jail!
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by sexysunnyb(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
This useless Cult people are even worst than Bokos
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Korrection(m): 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2012
Guys now wey hand don touch una...what next...See guys join this so called cult out of their own freewill...dem no dey force person...i spent 7 years in UNIBEN....2 years in Diploma...worked for a year..went back to complete my Bsc...despite all these years spent...I never give into thier swagalicious life and they claim but i stayed in one of the most notorious hostels in Ekosodin....just form seriousness and never ever you attend any party you dont know how it was being fixed......Kudos to the Okada guy...after una go say okada men no good.....

3 Likes

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by bid4rich(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
grin bring all of them to me for thnrough discipline, i have their password
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by mcnepow(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
blogger1.0:
let them rot in jail!
God help them if they are not shot by d police immediately after the 'media parade'
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by mcnepow(m): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
sexysunnyb: This useless Cult people are even worst than Bokos
Lai lai. .
No group is as hot as boko for naw
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by clemmonce(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2012
mcnepow:
Lai lai. .
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by noiseless: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
Bunch of bank robbing armed idiiots, which one of was making noise the other day on this naisharialand?
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Omen100(m): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
Lai lai. .

yes man, you are demn right
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Standing5(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
Most public schools of higher learning in Nigeria are breeding ground for thugs and future criminals. Lecturers and sch authority have no real contact with or assessment of over 99% of they students they graduate and yet they are issued certificate that claims they are of satisfactory character and 'learning' ability, while we graduates of these schools call it "real world experience". Me i dey laugh oh ...

1 Like

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Sike(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
I think they're gunning for their school fees.
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by czay(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
Police pls why wasting time blow their mother f**king heads off..awon oloriburuku jati jati..mschew.
See the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by ndcide(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
why parading them? ? after all they 'll be released soon. if they 'v not been released. left for me any cultist found should be killed.
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
Kill dem all. Bunch of Nuisance.
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by chrizfasa(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
Abeg this police people, if anyone of these boys nor belong to anything and una wan just force say waiting them nor know. Make una leave them. And the other na normal way na make una take care of them well well. Funish student wen their parent they suffer to trian.give ur live to christ no. She una done see the result na. Hand will meet other accomplish. SAY NO TO CULTISM:
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Funkymallam(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
chrizfasa: Abeg this police people, if anyone of these boys nor belong to anything and una wan just force say waiting them nor know. Make una leave them. And the other na normal way na make una take care of them well well. Funish student wen their parent they suffer to trian.give ur live to christ no. She una done see the result na. Hand will meet other accomplish. SAY NO TO CULTISM:

Dude, nxt time u write in english language. undecided
chrizfasa: Abeg this police people, if anyone of these boys nor belong to anything and una wan just force say waiting them nor know. Make una leave them. And the other na normal way na make una take care of them well well. Funish student wen their parent they suffer to trian.give ur live to christ no. She una done see the result na. Hand will meet other accomplish. SAY NO TO CULTISM:

Dude, nxt time u write in english language.
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by otokx(m): 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2012
so after all the plenty school fees they are paying, they still have time to engage in cultism?
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by kemiola89(f): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2012
lasu boyz at it again
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by badesco(m): 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
Can anything good come out from lasu?

1 Like

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by eherbal(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
Eiye, abi?Now they've been de-winged.They Won't be 'flying' in the nearest future

1 Like

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by seleroms: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
Korrection: Guys now wey hand don touch una...what next...See guys join this so called cult out of their own freewill...dem no dey force person...i spent 7 years in UNIBEN....2 years in Diploma...worked for a year..went back to complete my Bsc...despite all these years spent...I never give into thier swagalicious life and they claim but i stayed in one of the most notorious hostels in Ekosodin....just form seriousness and never ever you attend any party you dont know how it was being fixed......Kudos to the Okada guy...after una go say okada men no good.....
bro you are right i spent 7years in UNIBEN and when you maintain no wahala comes to you except you want to show yourself and that is when trouble beackons. I stayed in the dreaded Ekosodin and its not for whimps oh especially that transformer area at edo street junction as after 9pm you are on your own or is it BDPA;Osasogie or dentistry quaters that wasnt a haven for cultist then between 97 to 2005 but a whole lot of guys didnt blend cos they had priorities . No one is forced or lured into cults though there are isolated cases of peeps being cajoled or forced to join. Nutshell you wont become a cultist if you dont want to. Its all about freewill. Say no to cultism cos its evil

1 Like

Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wot d fu.c.k did u write up dia....did u tek ur medications
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2012
Boko haram Lagos chapter wink
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by Lollysbride: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2012
What an excuse! Let them all rot in jail. Cudos to that okada guy, we need more of them.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: 11 LASU Students Arrested With Guns At Ijanikin by xtielauder(f): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2012
You are all a big disgrace to ur family and friends... Psssssssst!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omisore Got N1.3bn From Dasuki Funds —EFCC / Catholic Priest Kidnapped In Imo / Kidnapper Of Lagos School Girls Begs For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.