Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport (61975 Views)

Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by hackney(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
babsjnr:

hello friends, i try to reschedule my interview date online @ nigeian embassy in london but still it won't change the date, guys please what can i do 2 reschedule my interview date early because i can't wait for the next 5 months for interview. thanks

if you are nigerian and looking to get a new E-passport (or anything related for that matter), just travel to abuja and do it in 2weeks.
As in, you give agent money, do finger print and in 2 weeks your brand new e-passport is in your hands ,live! !
no long thing.

Mine actually took a bit less than 2weeks.
je-je.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by mosmay: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2011
Please, Can anyone advice me on what to do?
I live in Romania but the Embassy here have no equipment to make the passport so, I have to travel to the Embassy in Germany. 
I applied for the epassport online and proceeded for the online payment. I tried my credit card but couldn't pay.
I have been to my bank and I was told there is no problem with my card. I've been trying since last month and am still yet to pay the 65 dollars.
Everytime I try, I get this message "Payment Not successfull, please try again with another card."

1. Is there any other means of payment?
2. Can I walk into the Embassy and explain my situation?
3. Would the Nigeria Embassy in Germany understand my situation/ would they help me?
4. What do you think I should do?

pls helpsad sad
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by cejo(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2011
please can anyone advice me on what 2 do.my e-passport is jus 6months old,but my picture isnt visible again cos its been mutilated afta my travelling bag fell into a swampy water including all its content + d passport. it was d picture alone dat was mutilated d entire passport is as if nothing touched it.please wit d present condition of d passport picture since all d write-up in it is very clear,can it be rejectd in any embassy,what shld i do now cos a stitch in time saves 9.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by sammirano: 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
please i need help i applied on the passort webiste and went to make payment at the bank but i have not been given validation, when i got back to the website i didn't see any validation.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Adayoni: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2011
mosmay:

Please, Can anyone advice me on what to do?
I live in Romania but the Embassy here have no equipment to make the passport so, I have to travel to the Embassy in Germany. 
I applied for the epassport online and proceeded for the online payment. I tried my credit card but couldn't pay.
I have been to my bank and I was told there is no problem with my card. I've been trying since last month and am still yet to pay the 65 dollars.
Everytime I try, I get this message "Payment Not successfull, please try again with another card."

1. Is there any other means of payment?
2. Can I walk into the Embassy and explain my situation?
3. Would the Nigeria Embassy in Germany understand my situation/ would they help me?
4. What do you think I should do?

pls helpsad sad

Hi I just wanted to know if you got your passport already?
Because my boyfriend is in the same situation. He lives in Holland and needs to apply for an epassport, but we need to go to France to get it.
Did you get a guarantor in Germany?
And which papers did you have to take with you to the interview?

I would like to hear from you.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by galvinlurv: 9:48pm On May 26, 2011
Please I have got two question. I am yet to apply (awaitng mum divorce cert to come )( probably in 2 weeks)as a dependant of my mum but I have got an expired visa and passport. I have also applied for the epassport. Interview date is November although will pay to move it way forward. The question is will I get in trouble (deported) if I attend the interview with an expired passport whilst not in home office . Also what is a guarantor firm and where do I get it from. P.s am in d uk. Thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by ayomikun20: 9:32am On Jul 25, 2011
thanks to everyone dat show concern abt my request but it was late before i could get respond but never the less sorry for not updating you cos i know is goin to help someone later in future i had to go back to nigeria in abuja for my passport cos dey said it cant be done in lagos its so so stress ful but thanks be to almighty i was able to get it
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by TOMIKS: 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
Hi all,

I am based in the UK and I need the E passport urgently. My question is does anyone know the waiting time from booking online and getting the passport in London?. Also if this is more than a month does anyone knows how to speed up the process?

Many thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by bobotimi: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
Hi All,

What happens to your old MRP passport when you are issued the new epassport?

Are you required to turn the old one in? I'm asking because my current passport contains a US B2 visa valid for a couple of years.

Thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by oncolor: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
bobotimi:

Hi All,

What happens to your old MRP passport when you are issued the new epassport?

Are you required to turn the old one in? I'm asking because my current passport contains a US B2 visa valid for a couple of years.

Thanks

You are not required to turn it in, you simply hold the two passports whenever you are traveling. Show the old passport with the US visa when going to the U.S and also the new passport for them to stamp it at point of entry.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by netghost: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2011
my date of birth is not correct on my passport, and the immigration office here in lagos said i have to go to abuja to fix it , does anyone here have details regarding it
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by flockyman: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hi All,
I live in Chicago, IL. I had an appointment with Nigeria mission in Washington DC to apply for the new e-passport. I missed my interview date because the SW global website was not pretty straight forward with their information. I need to reschedule for a new interview which I did already through SW global. No changes to my request yet.

Questions.

1. How long does it take them to give me a new date?

2. I still have my old passport. What other documents do I need to take with me.

3. IS there a number to reach SW global apart from 877-693-1919

Your Kind reply will be appreciated.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by drerocker: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2011
i can get it 4u,u wil stay in my place.its 4real
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tamjosh: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hi All,

I live in UK, myself and my wife already hold nigerian passports but not e-passports. My wife's passport is expired after 5 yrs, mine to expire next year.

We have decided to apply for new e-passports rather than to renew, also decided to apply for our children as well.

Question 1: As we already hold nigerian passports, do we still need a letter of consent to apply for our children?
Question 2: If we do, does anyone know the information that must be contained in this letter of consent? A sample will be appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by lactemps(m): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2011
Please A HIGH NOTE of Warning!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER YOU PAY ANYONE OUTSIDE THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICES for any Passport. You will so much be wasting your MONEY.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by 9jauk: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2011
lactemps i need to catch up with u on phone sometime's pls,

1 Like

Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by y3mz1(f): 12:51am On Dec 08, 2011
I collect my e-Passport next week, yay!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by celebritee(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
Hi NLders,

Thanks for all the info. Its quite useful.

I live in the UK (specifically Glasgow, Scotland) and I've got an interview date (9th January) at the Nigerian High Commision in London for the e passport.

Question is; Can I include a self addressed Royalmail Special Delivery envelop along with other docs in my application so that it may be posted to me when it is ready? My schedule is tight and I'd rather not have to make the Glasgow-London trip twice.

Secondly, on average how long does it take for the passport to be processed after the interview date.

Thanks guys. More power to your elbows,
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by pussiedick: 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
Hello Nlanders,
I have a Nigerian E-passport, which would be expiring in 3months time, does anyone know how i can renew it around Europe here, i called Nigerian Embassy in Sweden, and they said they can not renew it now, but referred me to Nig Emb in Germany, but to my utmost surprise, the officer that i spoke with said the E-passport can not be renewed unless i go back to Nigeria. I am in total confusion now, does anyone knows how the E-passport can be renewed, is it true that they are gonna issue a new one instead of renewing it. Thanking you for ur useful response.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by frakie: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2012
please anyone in the house that can help me with useful info, i lost my passport and other valuable things while coming back from the state, along mm international airport road, i engaged in a robbery attack and they stole a bag, which contain my passport and other valuabale things, please i want to know if a re- issue can be made and where can i go, how much will it cost me, what tips do i need to apply, good advise are welcome plsssssssss
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by billtommy(m): 12:11am On Feb 07, 2012
Hello,pls must I get to abuja before I get a passport?on their site I was told to pay 70 dollars(4500),is that all its gonna cost to get the passport?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by lactemps(m): 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
Hi All,
Been a while I contributed in this thread.
Is anyone still having issues on their e-passport? Please ask your questions, and I will do my utmost best to answer.

Please note, e-passport is easier now than before.

Take care ya'll.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by billtommy(m): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2012
How much does an international passport cost now?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by lactemps(m): 11:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
last time I checked, its still $65 for Standard e-passport from the Nigerian Immigration website then local Admin charges. Pls check your Embassy's website for more details.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by keliko: 7:14am On Mar 05, 2012
Please, i'm in canada, just applied for the e-passport and didnt know the interview date was computer generated. The date they gave doesnt work at all for me and the system doesnt change it when you try the reschedule tab, someone told me they dont really care about the online generated date but i'm not sure, any info would be appreciated, thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by keliko: 7:24am On Mar 05, 2012
chinauzzy:

Hi! I am currently residing in Canada as an International student. My passport will expire on the 5th of January. I applied for an e-passport electronically. My interview date was scheduled for the 7th of December but I couldn't travel to Ottawa for the interview on that date. I tried contacting the embassy to let them know that I wanted to re-schedule the interview but i received no reply until the 7th. I'm planning on going there on the 14th. Do I have to let them know or can i just go to Ottawa and do it? I was also wondering if I'll have to do my e-passport in Ottawa again after applying electronically?

Thanks

dont know if you'ld ever see this but, how did things turn out for you? i'm in the same situation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.