Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport (61990 Views)

Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
It is so sad that the so called Nigeria immigration does not have complain platform on their website.

I am having the same problem on my E passport renewal. My current E passport will expire in November and I will like to know if I can apply for renewal about 6 month earlier because I will need to show at least 1 year validity on my passport before my resident permit can be renew here.
Also does anyone know if I will start the renewal application by using the same application format on Nigeria immigration website or I should go to the nearest Nigeria embassy to submit just paper application.

Lastly is there any possibility to take the passport on the same day of interview or they can send it through courier service.

Your advice will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by DeeSam: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2012
I don't really know how to start a new topic but I decided to add mine here since it's almost the same issue(topic). I already have my e-passport since 2007 and it will expire this year(November). I live in Romania and I have been to the Embassy in Bucharest, I was told that they neither renew e-passport nor issue a new one unless I apply to Nigerian Embassy in London(UK) or Spain. That is to say that I need invitation letter and I also need to apply to UK embassy for visa here in Bucharest which will totally be under their mercy to grant me the visa. Few minutes ago, I visited this link: (http://nigerianembassy.hu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=41) which is for our Nigerian embassy in Hungary. They made it clear that the option for a holder of e-passport to get a new one is only to go back home(Nigeria). " The only option available to an e-passport holder is for a new passport to be re-issued and this can ONLY be issued in Nigeria. Nigerian Embassies worldwide who are equipped with the e-passport machines DO NOT have the authority to re-issue e-passport." Going to Hungary or Spain even UK if they will allow me by issuing me visa without denial would save me so much cost. I am so confused!!!
Please I need advice and suggestions.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2012
I am having the same problem bros. I dont think you will need to go to Nigeria since your passport is not lost. My E passport will also expire in November and I contacted Nigeria embassy in Berlin about the issue. But they said I should apply on Nigeria immigration website as a new applicant
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Gemma11: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hi I started a thread on a question relevant to this topic which I think can now be deleted as I didn't see this one. cool

My questions

I have never held a Nigerian passport and would like to apply for one.

All I have is my birth certificate which states that my parents were born in Nigeria and a UK passport.

My parents are not around so I can't get any of their passports data pages or guarantor letter from them.

Is my BC enough which states my parents place of birth as Nigeria enough for someone like me to apply for a Nigerian passport? How long does doe the process of applying for a fresh Nigerian passport in London take?

I need to have it in about a month
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 12:49pm On May 09, 2012
Abeg if anyone know reissue of about to expire E passport process in any Nigeria embassy in Europe, kindly share your experience with us. Thank in advance.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tennyalad(m): 3:43pm On May 09, 2012
c'mon at least we should have someone working at any of the embassies in europe on nairaland to help by explaining the best solution to some of the problems listed above, and if anyone has been in a similar situation before and now solved it, they should kindly explain how to go about it.
I for one would like a reprint of my epassport as i lost the other one but i was told that i have to go to Nigeria for reprint but the embassy in berlin said I can apply through them but they have to send it to Nigeria for approval which will take something similar to forever as someone already did it and they've been waiting for response for more than 2 months.
So anyone with any brilliant idea should help smiley
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by justwise(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2012
Nigerian embassies in different European countries have different ways of dealing with passport renewers and re-issues, for those in the UK you can get your passport renewed in London within 3wks, i'm not sure about re-issues of passport, you probably have to do that in Nigeria
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 3:56pm On May 09, 2012
@ Tennyalad Those people working in Nigeria embassy in Berlin are so heartless. My E passport will expire in 5 months time and they are telling me that they cannot reissue e passport that i should go to Naija
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 5:21pm On May 09, 2012
Actually Nigeria embassy in the Hague Netherlands are doing the reissue process but it is too expensive 290 Euros
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tennyalad(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2012
@tayorsnr81: I called them sometimes ago and spoke with a lady and she was actually really nice just sought of impatient but I guess that's cos of her work load. Anyway it seems holland is the way now if you can afford it but it makes sense it's expensive as they currently have monopoly over the process at least in Europe.
@justwise: the process is actually quite similar just different prices at least based on the process of getting a new epassport
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 4:55am On May 10, 2012
@ teenyalad. I totally agree with you, but I wonder why the Holland embassy charges differ from UK application charges. It is so disturbing
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tennyalad(m): 8:36am On May 10, 2012
tayorsnr81: @ teenyalad. I totally agree with you, but I wonder why the Holland embassy charges differ from UK application charges. It is so disturbing
It's for profit lol or maybe those living in holland are generally richer than those in the UK smiley just joking. Anyway it's all good as there is nothing we can really do about it
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by buraz(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2012
Hej Guys thanks a lot for your comments on here I am also having the same problem now my passport would expire in december as I also have to extend my resident permit here in Croatia i called the stupid Hungarian embassy and to my surprise was told to go to Nigeria, I later contacted the embassy in Germany and a lady there informed me they only re-issue a week before expiry now I need to extend my resident which expires in less than 2 weeks and i have to go to the uk now i dont know how long does it take to reissue or extend the new e passport in the Uk anyone got an idea
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by yme1(f): 4:44pm On May 29, 2012
Gemma11: Hi I started a thread on a question relevant to this topic which I think can now be deleted as I didn't see this one. cool

My questions

All I have is my birth certificate which states that my parents were born in Nigeria and a UK passport.

My parents are not around so I can't get any of their passports data pages or guarantor letter from them.

Is my BC enough which states my parents place of birth as Nigeria enough for someone like me to apply for a Nigerian passport? How long does doe the process of applying for a fresh Nigerian passport in London take?

your guarantor can be anyone and does not need to be your parent/s
h/she must possess a Nigerian passport and a permit to live in uk
h/she needs to fill in the guarantor form, along with a copy of both passport (Niaja/british(or permit)), a signed passport photograph of your guarantor, photocopy of a uk driving permit and you are good to go.
take along with you your Nigerian birth certificate
it takes just one week to collect your E-passport after the submission date
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by yme1(f): 4:49pm On May 29, 2012
tayorsnr81: Abeg if anyone know reissue of about to expire E passport process in any Nigeria embassy in Europe, kindly share your experience with us. Thank in advance.
check out this website http://allnigeriansinspain.com/solicit-nigeria-passport.html
hope it helps
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by yme1(f): 4:58pm On May 29, 2012
keliko: Please, i'm in canada, just applied for the e-passport and didnt know the interview date was computer generated. The date they gave doesnt work at all for me and the system doesnt change it when you try the reschedule tab, someone told me they dont really care about the online generated date but i'm not sure, any info would be appreciated, thanks
truth be told they don't really care about the interview date in most occasions
and you have six months to reschedule/attend your interview before the online process is tarnished
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by yme1(f): 5:03pm On May 29, 2012
tayorsnr81: It is so sad that the so called Nigeria immigration does not have complain platform on their website.

I am having the same problem on my E passport renewal. My current E passport will expire in November and I will like to know if I can apply for renewal about 6 month earlier because I will need to show at least 1 year validity on my passport before my resident permit can be renew here.
Also does anyone know if I will start the renewal application by using the same application format on Nigeria immigration website or I should go to the nearest Nigeria embassy to submit just paper application.

Lastly is there any possibility to take the passport on the same day of interview or they can send it through courier service.

Thanks in advance.
yes you can renew it within six months because some countries have a strict six month validity rule in place
you can't collect your passport on the same day but it can be sent through courier all you need to do is buy a special delivery envelope and hand it to them at the embassy and the embassy in turn will hand you a disclaimer form to fill which states they would not be held responsible if the passport is not delivered to you
I would advice you go pick it up yourself to avoid any unwanted risk smiley
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by DeeSam: 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
I am not sure if this comment was posted. I am happy to say that I solved my e-passport renewal at no cost other than 45Euros. I am indeed a proud Nigerian. If you need details, ask me, I will gladly help.
Dee-Sam:
I don't really know how to start a new topic but I decided to add mine here since it's almost the same issue(topic). I already have my e-passport since 2007 and it will expire this year(November). I live in Romania and I have been to the Embassy in Bucharest, I was told that they neither renew e-passport nor issue a new one unless I apply to Nigerian Embassy in London(UK) or Spain. That is to say that I need invitation letter and I also need to apply to UK embassy for visa here in Bucharest which will totally be under their mercy to grant me the visa. Few minutes ago, I visited this link: (http://nigerianembassy.hu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=41) which is for our Nigerian embassy in Hungary. They made it clear that the option for a holder of e-passport to get a new one is only to go back home(Nigeria). " The only option available to an e-passport holder is for a new passport to be re-issued and this can ONLY be issued in Nigeria. Nigerian Embassies worldwide who are equipped with the e-passport machines DO NOT have the authority to re-issue e-passport." Going to Hungary or Spain even UK if they will allow me by issuing me visa without denial would save me so much cost. I am so confused!!!
Please I need advice and suggestions.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tayorsnr81: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2012
@ De sam. You can apply for reissue at the Nigeria embassy in Den haag Netherland for 290 euros including administrative fees or you can go to Berlin and write a request to Nigeria immigration which will be fax on your behalf to Nigeria by the embassy but it might be too long before they approve your request.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Efe25(f): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2012
Gemma11: Hi I started a thread on a question relevant to this topic which I think can now be deleted as I didn't see this one. cool

My questions

I recently applied for a first issue nigerian e-passport for myself- my parents are both nigerian and I was born in the UK and hold a UK passport already. I had all the documents required as followed:

copy of my current british passport
copy of my mother's nigerian passport data page
copy of my long birth certificate and original
printed out form
acknowledgement slip
payment slip
postal order £20
booking appointment number.
guarantor's form that my mum filled out

Even though I had all of these documents they only took:
copy of my mother's nigerian passport
copy of my birth certificate although the looked at the original to make sure it was the same
acknowledgement slip
payment slip
postal order
booked appointment number.

They did not ask for the quarantor form at all. But you will definately need a copy of one of your parent's passport.

I applied 1 week ago, I dropped off my documents and they took my picture and finger-prints etc today and I am going back next week to collect the passport. Hope that helps. This was Nigeria High commission in London. I got there at around 9am and was out by 11am.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by World2000: 11:50am On Jun 25, 2012
@I am not sure if this comment was posted. I am happy to say that I solved my e-passport renewal at no cost other than 45Euros. I am indeed a proud Nigerian. If you need details, ask me, I will gladly help.

Pls, can you give me some info abt ur renewal did u do it in Europe or Nigeria
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by DeeSam: 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2012
I succeeded to do my renewal in Rome, Italy. All you have to do is to find out if you need a visa to Italy, if you do, apply for a visa and if you don't,follow the following steps:
1. Go to the Nigerian Embassy in-charge of your country of residence and make a request for E-Passport renewal stating the particular Nigerian Embassy you wish to go for the renewal(in this case, Rome Italy), remember to attach copies of your Data page and Your Country of Residence Permit.
2. If approved, they will issue you an authorization letter, specifically addressed to that Embassy you applied, sealed with the Embassy seal, which in no way will you be tempted to open it.
3. Call the Embassy in Rome, Italy(Passport Section)and tell them you want to come there for E-passport renewal, state this clearly.
4. Secure an Interview appointment date with them by sending them your data(Full Name as in Passport)via this number(sms) 3889789298, if you are comfortable with the date, then
5. Visit this Website http://www.immigration.gov.ng/ Do all you need to do for passport renewal application and make the necessary payment, print the forms and receipts out, and don't worry about the computer generated date on the form, only use the one secured through the Embassy via sms.
6. Get all the above mentioned documents ready, plus these ones:
(a)Two (2) Passport size photographs;
(b)Copy of Residence Permit;
(c)Copy of the Passport to be re-issued and the original.
(d)45Euros for the Embassy
7. Find yourself in Rome. Remember to gather some cash in Euro, as Rome is a little expensive.
8. Other things will follow there.
If you need more explanation, you can ask! smiley

1 Like

Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by smoothop1: 7:10am On Jul 06, 2012
Efe25:

I recently applied for a first issue nigerian e-passport for myself- my parents are both nigerian and I was born in the UK and hold a UK passport already. I had all the documents required as followed:

copy of my current british passport
copy of my mother's nigerian passport data page
printed out form
acknowledgement slip
payment slip
postal order £20
guarantor's form that my mum filled out

Even though I had all of these documents they only took:
copy of my mother's nigerian passport
copy of my birth certificate although the looked at the original to make sure it was the same
acknowledgement slip
payment slip
postal order
booked appointment number.
They did not ask for the quarantor form at all. But you will definately need a copy of one of your parent's passport.

I applied 1 week ago, I dropped off my documents and they took my picture and finger-prints etc today and I am going back next week to collect the passport. Hope that helps. This was Nigeria High commission in London. I got there at around 9am and was out by 11am.

How long does it take to get an interview when u apply online?
my old MRP expired in may 2012 and i want to apply for a Nigerian passport for daughter who holds only a UK passport
Is it possible to get same interview dates?

Thanks people
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by henry4life2004: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hi Dee-Sam,Congrat that You finally got your new e-passport.How long did it take to renew your e-passport in Rome?can You mail me please?I Will Like to get other info from you. henry4life2004@yahoo.com .Cheers!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by smoothop1: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2012
I applied for a first issue Nigerian e-passport for my daughter yesterday 18/07/2012
i am a Nigerian and my wife British. my daughter was born in the UK and hold a UK passport already.

I had all the documents required as followed:

copy and original of her current British passport
copy and original of her mother's British passport data page
copy and original of my Nigerian MRP passport (which i also renewed yesterday)
printed out form
acknowledgement slip
payment slip
postal order £20
guarantor's form that i filled out
Letter of consent for our daughter to apply for a passport by me and my wife which we both signed

they accepted all and not even asked to see the original documents and gave me back the
guarantor form.

E-Passport to be ready on 27/07/2012

took just under 2 hours for the whole process

we were told by the officials that you can submit a prepaid envelope with your application so your new passport can be sent to you if you live far away

you can also let someone pick it up for you as long as you do a letter of authority for the to collect on your behalf and signed by you.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by qmod: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
justwise: Nigerian embassies in different European countries have different ways of dealing with passport renewers and re-issues, for those in the UK you can get your passport renewed in London within 3wks, i'm not sure about re-issues of passport, you probably have to do that in Nigeria

I have the old type of passport and want to upgrade to the e-passport. Will my new e-passport have the same passport number as my old one which is not an e-passport?

Thank you, appreciate your help.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by qmod: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
tayorsnr81: It is so sad that the so called Nigeria immigration does not have complain platform on their website.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, did you finally get your e-passport? I have the old type of passport and want to upgrade to the e-passport. Will my new e-passport have the same passport number as my old one which is not an e-passport?

Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
qmod:

Hi, did you finally get your e-passport? I have the old type of passport and want to upgrade to the e-passport. Will my new e-passport have the same passport number as my old one which is not an e-passport?

It will have a different number.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by qmod: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2012
justwise:

It will have a different number.

Thanks!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by thomaspeedee: 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dee-Sam:
I am not sure if this comment was posted. I am happy to say that I solved my e-passport renewal at no cost other than 45Euros. I am indeed a proud Nigerian. If you need details, ask me, I will gladly help.
@Dee Sam can u help me with infos pls?my proplem is hw to make the online credit card payment
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
Justwise and co

if i have the old nigerian passport and do i still need to go with a guarantors form? i have everything else except copies of my parents passports

(I am doing the renewal/new e-passport in London end of the month)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.