Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, (739 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, by ojesymsym: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2007
My system restarts just as the windows xp loads, dat is after the log in page, wat do I do Pls?
Re: My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, by Johnnny(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ Oje

First - Allow the system to shut down, then reboot
Then immediately it brings out Windows page and you can see the start button continue clicking it without waiting for the full page to open, if not it will shut itself off again.

Use System restore

You can access the System Restore Wizard through the Start menu. To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

The page will require you to create an access point before restoring, so choose create access point (this means the settings of the computer system at an earlier date).

Type in the previous date you used the system.

* Note that system restore will not erase any of your files, so don't be worried.
After this, click create, then click home, it will go back to the first system restore page you opened.

Now choose the option with restore system to an earlier time and click next.

* Note - the system will shut itself down and reboot in the process. don't be worried.

Allow it to boot fully, and your system will be working as it should.

Cheers and goodluck!
Re: My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, by theboy0808(m): 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2007
What did you install last?
Re: My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, by god80: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2007
Well if ur system behaves this way then u sure have to check the last prog u installed on ur PC. But that not withstanding, the best way to fix this type of prob is by starting up ur computer in save mode. This can be intilized by constantly pressing the F8 key before ur system loads xp. It will prompt u to choose ur mode after taking the F8 Key. Move up to the first option which is save mode and press the enter key. Allow the system to boot but this time it will be through a save mode environment.(Unsual way). When it has finish booting it will prompt u to click yes on a pop window and later take u to a loggin page where u might see Administrator or your usual user account if your user account is config as the administrator.

Loggin through any of these users account as the case may be and if u have recently installed a program before this problem started, uninstall the prog but if u did not install a prog enable a check disk utility which will prompt the system to scan and fix errors on its reboot before windows loads. Which ever way this turns out, hit me by leaving another Help message.
Re: My System Restarts Just As The Windows Xp Loads, by DoubleN(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2007
Does your system show a blue screen before it restarts?

(1) (Reply)

Which Nimh Batteries Best Fit Mercury E632 Digital Camera? / Dell Inspiron 4100 Laptop Pentium 3 For Sale / How Can I Turn On Hibernation On My Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.