Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:54 AM

Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? (21807 Views)

See Price Of Goods And Commodity In My Area / RE IMPORTATION! I Am Exposing My Top 5 Cheap , Fastest Selling Imported Products / What is the fastest selling product on clickbank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by ifihearam: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
Not everyone in nigeria has a fone but everyone can afford satchet water
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Ajiowe: 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2012
The fastest selling commodity in Nigeria is Fuel (black market).
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by gulfer: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ill/Bad advise sells better than anything to the leaders and they are buying it at very exorbitant prices.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Enice(m): 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
No doubt, it has to be bread.be it agege, or leventis. Everyone eats bread. Either with akara, moi-moi, akamu, or ewa agohin. Recharge cards though regular, but not daily. Not everyone takes pure water.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

It has to be condom.
You see your life?so this is what you buy more everyday?please we have a factory where we make yogurt,I'm willing to dash you one gallon everyday cos I'm sure you really need it.tongue cheesy.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Pukkah: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
md4real: joblessness.

How can you say questions that border on research amount to joblessness?
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by BashMe1(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
CONDOM!
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by stepo707: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2012
There are several of them:pure water,wears,recharge card
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by emmysam2: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
Am almost certain it will be Recharge Cards. The Rich,the poor, the young, the old, everyone uses recharge card as long as they own a phone. The Rich dont buy pure water, the middle class dont either and a considerable percentage of the poor dont buy pure water.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2012
emmysam2: Am almost certain it will be Recharge Cards. The Rich,the poor, the young, the old, everyone uses recharge card as long as they own a phone. The Rich dont buy pure water, the middle class dont either and a considerable percentage of the poor dont buy pure water.
Story,how many "Rich" people don't buy pure water?we are not talking of the president and his cabal here o.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by walcolm(m): 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2012
oya lets do the math

population=160 million
90% leave on less than $2 a day=144 million live on 320 naira a day
pure water=10 per sachet
average recharge per day = 100naira
no of GSM users=90million

if all the 144million people buy only one sachet of pure water in a day, thats 1.44b naira turnover in a day
if all the 90million GSM subscribers recharge 100naira a day, that's 9b naira turnover in a day

is there anything else that needs to be said?
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
Not everyone buys recharge cards everyday.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
its sachetwater,gosh in evry corna of naija we av water manufactrerz,sm sf d name funny'life dominion'yet al dy sel wel.in d mkt,trafc,evn ple buy in sch.water is lyf.evn in d vila dy buy it.judgn 4rm d percntage of d poor whch i tnk is 62per cent nw,na dm dy cnsume d water pas,evn d rch drnk it .d mid clas.it cnt b cndm cs aids don dy waka 4 road,rcharge crd,pesn neva c food na rcharge em go buy,nt evry 1 poor uses sugar 2 drnk gari or salt nd d rest.bt water is needed
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Kala11(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ijebu garri n grandnut!
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Babamide(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
intimacy.
And pure water
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Super1759: 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
No need 4 argument.we recharge our fones and not evry1 drinks pure water.remember we have bottle water and waters dis days and as well water dispensers.information sales faster in nigeria and ts wit recharge dat u make calls
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by ayojango(m): 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
Joey82: me thinks its recharge card.
peeps in the village drink well or stream water, yet they buy r/cards.
some rich folks dont even drink pure water but recharge card is a neccessity.
pure water is a commodity sold mostly in cities to the poor/middle class.
recharge card purchase cuts across the social totem, and its sold both in towns and u wont believe it, the most remote of villages.

Ds poster has said it all,OMG pure brilliance
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by LeJeun3: 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
walcolm: oya lets do the math

population=160 million
pure water=10 per sachet

if all the 144million people buy only one sachet of pure water in a day, thats 1.44b naira turnover in a day
if all the 90million GSM subscribers recharge 100naira a day, that's 9b naira turnover in a day

What if there r compared by quantity?
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
Pls Re-direct this question to MTN, GLO and AIRTEL.... you will not be surprise why South Africa Apologies to Nigeria... MTN alone makes up to 15 billion Naira per day
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by monopolist: 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
BREAD is the FASTEST SELLING COMMODITY

JESUS CHRIST teaching us how to pray said......"...Give us this day our DAILY BREAD"
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by forkadict(m): 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2012

population=160 million
pure water=10 per sachet

Common man. It aint that simple. You really think that all phone users recharge daily? Besides who told you that every nigerian must buy a satchet of water? There are many alternative sources of drinking water. Borehole, well, tap, stream etc.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by Eminem03: 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
I think the fastest is recharge card
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by onyengbu: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2012

population=160 million
pure water=10 per sachet

Sooooo simplistic!!

Even the middle class dont buy #100 recharge card everyday! Even me sef grin
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by bizybrain(m): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
There's a big contention between pure water n recharge cards the truth is dat 90percent of our population is below d average class. No doubt we nid to drink (eat) n communicate regularly so I tink they both top d chart
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by monopolist: 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2012
FOOD including BREAD, GARRI and PURE WATER
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by dmainboss: 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
Most here are responding based on what they love, not on reality. The most used and most essential commodities are stuff like bread, salt, rice, garri, soap. I dont recharge much these days especially with BB and Internet on my mobile and PC. And please 90million lines does not translate to 90m Nigerians. I have 5 registered sims which are all active. Half the people with phones mostly just receive calls.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by walcolm(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Sooooo simplistic!!

Even the middle class dont buy #100 recharge card everyday! Even me sef grin

and what of those who recharge more than 1000 naira a day regularly?

if you know mathematical averaging, you wont call the analysis simplistic
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by doofanc: 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
Now that online/ATM recharge options are availible, some people (like me) don't buy cards all that frequently to recharge their phones. 0

methinks pure water takes the day.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by walcolm(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
fork adict:

Common man. It aint that simple. You really think that all phone users recharge daily? Besides who told you that every nigerian must buy a satchet of water? There are many alternative sources of drinking water. Borehole, well, tap, stream etc.

all phone users dont recharge everyday. some dont even recharge for weeks. some recharge multiple thousands a day, week or in the month. that is why it is called mathematical averaging.
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by rman: 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
If we are looking at the quatity sold daily, pure water or bread is it. But, if we are looking at the money turned over daily, recharge cards is it. Most of the big operators in telecoms turn over billions daily
Re: Whats The Fastest Selling Commodity In Nigeria? by tigerleggs(m): 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
tongue weed 'inine'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN / Guide on writing for profit using iwriter. / How Do I Become A Recharge Card Dealer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.