Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking (1384 Views)

ADULTERY SAGA: Tiwa Savage Finally Replies Husband Teebillz With This Video? / Drop Your Contributions / Terry Replies His Critics: With A #462 Million Ferrari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by gbogboti: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2012
After a very careful observation of number of pages on most topics, I had to start asking myself of what is happening to OUR BELOVED NAIRALAND. It si somehow becoming discouraging. Is the new site the problem? As a NAIRALAND ADDICT, honestly am not happy. I see just a page or two replies at most instances on VERY SERIOUS TOPICS. This is not good enough for the best online forum in Nigeria. The last time that I checked NAIRALAND online traffic globally, I was soooooooo impressed. If my observation is close to being true. Then Seun and his crew have to do a serious re-think. Guys what do you think.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by OAM4J: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2012
Changes always come with a price, sometimes things 1st get bad and then begging to get better. NL can only get better from here.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by Gbawe: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2012
gbogboti: After a very careful observation of number of pages on most topics, I had to start asking myself of what is happening to OUR BELOVED NAIRALAND. It si somehow becoming discouraging. Is the new site the problem? As a NAIRALAND ADDICT, honestly am not happy. I see just a page or two replies at most instances on VERY SERIOUS TOPICS. This is not good enough for the best online forum in Nigeria. The last time that I checked NAIRALAND online traffic globally, I was soooooooo impressed. If my observation is close to being true. Then Seun and his crew have to do a serious re-think. Guys what do you think.

The new site is not the problem. The issue is that NL is now a battle ground for blind hatred, nauseating feudalism and distasteful ethnic jingoism. It is ruining every single discussion topic raised here and putting off decent and balanced folks who would ordinarily be inclined to contribute robustly and intelligently in the past. Sadly, NL is now more of a jungle than a forum to discuss even semi-intelligently with others.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by rosefleurs: 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2012
Gbawe:

The new site is not the problem. The issue is that NL is now a battle ground for blind hatred, nauseating feudalism and distasteful ethnic jingoism. It is ruining every single discussion topic raised here and putting off decent and balanced folks who would ordinarily be inclined to contribute robustly and intelligently in the past. Sadly, NL is now more of a jungle than a forum to discuss even semi-intelligently with others.

we hear you! but i don't understand the bolded. it's probably why i'm not the politics section poster of the year! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by Callotti: 5:58am On Mar 19, 2012
So the e bad belle and e jolosi disease wey catch NigeriaWorld, and NVS done finally cripple NL huh? grin
Satan, God, Allah + Boko Haram don punish my h-enemies finish.
Mu Che Che Che Che Che
You always reap the hate and wickedness you sow.
Thank my Godioh!

12AM!!! 6 hours to go. What a lovely night! cool

See as NL Jussu be like "NVS" cemetary! Kei!!!! cry

I lovvvvvit!!!! grin

"A thousand shall fall, and ten thousand at thy right hand. . . . But it shall not come nigh thee"!

Amen? Aaaaaamen!!! grin Jehovah Good Morning! Continue to make the paths of the wicked DARK AND SLIPPERY I pray thee. kiss

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by Callotti: 6:12am On Mar 19, 2012
The new site is not the problem. [size=20pt]The issue is that NL is now a battle ground for blind hatred, nauseating feudalism and distasteful ethnic jingoism[/size]. It is ruining every single discussion topic raised here and putting off decent and balanced folks who would ordinarily be inclined to contribute robustly and intelligently in the past. Sadly, NL is now more of a jungle than a forum to discuss even semi-intelligently with others.

Gbam! Especially with all these phock me, I phock you unholy alliances here and there.
Some 'harlots' don corner Seun sotey im don forget im senses.
This whole thing started in 2007.
2006 was the best year on NL. . . I doubt if that can ever be recaptured.
The caliber of AGB'O'ROS on this NL not get rival.
God forbid!!!!
Mu he he he he he he

Make we dey look.cheesy

I happy say this template get open viewship to the world o. No more hiding behind 'please log in to view this profile'! grin
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by cfours: 6:27am On Mar 19, 2012

what do you expect when even the moderators (esp in politics section) participate in it. they won't post but they grant favors to tribalistic members of their tribe. The only way to reduce the ethnic issues is to establish Nairaland as a NIGERIAN website rather than one for micro nationalism and secessionist banter. These folks have virtually taken over the politics section and it truly is nauseating.

also, I think Seun should become a bit more directly involved rather than giving moderators too much power.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by Callotti: 8:55am On Mar 19, 2012
Gbam!
I have always said it. The moderators and their 'rag-tag' team of ne'er-do-wells , ESPECIALLY in that political/tribal/crime section with their "O Ye My People" harlots are the WORST I tellya. Make dem take dem heads carry the basket of rotten eggs wey dem don lay all over NL!
Ho-ha!

NL for eva jare!!!! cool

Can you imagine using their useless "report" button to stroke the egos of the so-called moderators and SUPA-moderators? grin
THE CHIEF CULPRITS themselves?
LWKMD!!!!

Oh dia! He who laughs last SURELY laughs sweeter!
Mu he he he he he
Oturugbeke o!
Titanic don jam rock sink h-inside gutter!
The apple tree that the OLD WOMAN planted over OLD ROGER'S grave don ripe gaaaaan!
Una don chop finish? Oya take ya "knock"!!!!

Oya BAAAAABES and DUUUUUDES, make una begin to HIPATTY HOP!!!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Gosh! Work is so boring today! I can't believe I am posting on this section on NL! cry
See wetin desperation dey cause? Kai!!! I am FINISHED!!!! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by ifyalways(f): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2012
I agree @ Topic.
Nld has lost its steam and flava.

Its so "boring" these days and i see this new layout as a last desperate effort to save a sinking ship.

. . .and i soooooooo hate the new "friends" template.For fvcks sake who needs a nld friend for real?whats there to it except drama,baggage and gossips?Jeez.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by yamakuza: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2012
ifyalways: I agree @ Topic.

Its so "boring" these days and i see this new layout as a last desperate effort to save a sinking ship.

. . .and i soooooooo hate the new "friends" template.For fvcks sake who needs a nld friend for real?whats there to it except drama,baggage and gossips?Jeez.

[s]just curious: the boredom started before the redesign? and is not necessarily as a result of it?[/s]

btw, there's a scroll up link at the bottom of each page.

Once you visit/follow a thread, clicking the greenbox around the blue NEW button on the Followed Tab takes you down to the last post you read on that thread.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by GeorgeD1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2012
gbogboti: After a very careful observation of number of pages on most topics, I had to start asking myself of what is happening to OUR BELOVED NAIRALAND. It si somehow becoming discouraging. Is the new site the problem? As a NAIRALAND ADDICT, honestly am not happy. I see just a page or two replies at most instances on VERY SERIOUS TOPICS. This is not good enough for the best online forum in Nigeria. The last time that I checked NAIRALAND online traffic globally, I was soooooooo impressed. If my observation is close to being true. Then Seun and his crew have to do a serious re-think. Guys what do you think.

maybe one major reason for the drop in traffic is the absence of post alerts. i don't know about others but for me ever since this new look nairaland, i am no longer recieving alerts for new posts to topics i'm following. so, how am i expected to visit pages when i don't get alerts?
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by InkedNerd(f): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
Gbawe:

I highly doubt that that's the problem. I've seen such things like that in other nationalities forums and that certainly hasn't affected their numbers.

ifyalways: I agree @ Topic.

Forget it being boring, the layout is discouraging some people from actually wanting to post. I used to be on nairaland while I was in my classes at school but with the way things have been changing, I could give two shïts about checking nairaland in class. Sometimes I may see a topic I'd like to reply to but the frustrating layout and weird look, I just ignore it.
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by ifyalways(f): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun's Akpa amu must be shrinking too. . .

@yamakuza, I don't get your post. I couldn't locate any green box anywhere. A simple "go down" button and I would have to search for a green box by the right side and click under this and that. Is seun and his advisers or programmers aiming at a user friendly site at all?
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by yamakuza: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
ifyalways: Seun's Akpa amu must be shrinking too. . .

hmmn, i hope that means worries and not something else?

@yamakuza, I don't get your post. I couldn't locate any green box anywhere.

if you look at the topics in the UPDATED TOPICS very well, you will see a green box around some of the blue NEW icons.

A simple "go down" button and I would have to search for a green box by the right side and click under this and that. Is seun and his advisers or programmers aiming at a user friendly site at all?

i agree. But personally, i prefer to be taken to the last post i read on a thread i'm following, rather than try to remember which page i read last, and then scrolling down to identify which post i last read.

The green anchor approach looks/sounds easier.
[s]
Besides, why scroll down to reply when you can quote op or use the reply link at the top?[/s]
Re: Nairaland Replies/contributions To Topics Are Shrinking by GeorgeD1(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2012
ok, looks like reply notification is back! good work seun!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help On Notification / SURPRISING: Woman Removes Panties And Starts Dancing At Funeral (PHOTO) SURPRISI / Is This A Proof That Chibok Girls Are Been Used As Suicide Bombers?? [SEE PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.