Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US (11222 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by bakila: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2012
Ryabcool: so he should have stayed in a country that has 53% unemployment? because you would have given him the opportunity to become accomplished in Nigeria? Because he doesn't have his life to live and his choices to make? Because you gave a hoot about him while he was suffering n struggling with his books while he was in Ife, Nigeria? Leave the man to himself. He never needed your praises in the first place. He is already a made man. Face your life and become celebrated in ur country.
We go try if NEPAPHCN, POLICE, BAD ROADS CORRUPT GOVERNANCE ALLOWS US.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Odunnu: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2012
dayokanu: Dont pretend like you didnt see this

Greatest Ife
'. . .the then University of Ife. . .' apparently, not the one you attended.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by erniewhez(m): 11:03am On Mar 18, 2012
pls help my curiousity, ive heard so much,about nigerians making such outstanding records abroad, pls do anyone knw any hausa man been noted with such record in history, jst curious.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2012
ZUBY77: Bluetooth is a big time ediot, all of you should have known by now. Followed by ileke idi and dayokanu. Three fools.

I am trying so hard to avoid confrontation today but you are pushing me too far.What is wrong in identifying with my fellow yorubas if i may ask ? Think anything you like,i'm proud of this guy either directly or indirectly because HE IS A YORUBA !
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by reindeer: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2012
Proud to be Ex-Ife!
Greatest Ife!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by blackboi(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2012
dayokanu: Proudly Nigerian

hope u'll do better smiley
dayokanu: Proudly Nigerian

hope u'll do better
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by czay(m): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
Keep the flag flying bro
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by soulamanne(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
Congrats to the man...but the only morale am taking away from this topic is a futherance in evidence to how much deep tribalism has eaten into us in this country.I strongly hope the situation can be salvaged.but if one considers that the members of this forum are supposed to be learned yet this worm has eaten into them aa well,then the flicker of hope maybe a mirrage afterall
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by airmark(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2012
soulamanne: but the only morale am taking away from this topic is a futherance in evidence to how much deep tribalism has eaten into us in this country.I strongly hope the situation can be salvaged.but if one considers that the members of this forum are supposed to be learned yet this worm has eaten into them aa well,then the flicker of hope maybe a mirrage afterall

Did you mean the likes of Afam4ever and Ngodigha, are learned? You must be kidding. Finishing only secondary school in Nigeria, is not enough at this level.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by newmaonza: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2012
ZUBY77: I dont see the importance of this man and his cardio crap to nigerians. We celebrated dr ofodile and chukwuma who won similar awards in medics but up to now, they still live in US while we celebrate them here. Wow! Too many ediots around the corner. This man lives and works in new york, saving american lives while we die of cardiac arrests here and celebrate him with the little life we have left in us.
. . . .na u want pay am,do u know how much he has spent on training himself,aw much did d nigerian govt contribute. . .abeg make we celebrate d guy, if he were 2 b in naija he might have been branded a HALF BAKEÐ DOCTOR. . .
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by udochika(m): 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
winkBut they said 2 IGBO men dey there b4 the yoruba man. That's 2 say iGbo 2-1 yoruba. Igbo kwenu. winkBut they said 2 IGBO men dey there b4 the yoruba man. That's 2 say iGbo 2-1 yoruba. Igbo kwenu.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by ocelot2006(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
Proudly Naija!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by ZUBY77(m): 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
new maonza: . . . .na u want pay am,do u know how much he has spent on training himself,aw much did d nigerian govt contribute. . .abeg make we celebrate d guy, if he were 2 b in naija he might have been branded a HALF BAKEÐ DOCTOR. . .

I can tell you thousands of Chinese professionas who studied in the US and EU in 70s and 80s and moved back to China to make it what it is today. Do you know that this Dr can take a loan from US or NG govt to establish a cardio hospital in Nigeria. Trust me, people from all over the world will come looking for him even if he works inside a bush in ijebuland. The only way our country can become better is if we utilize what we have. I repeat, working in New York and saving American lives means nothing to us.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Rgp92: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2012
Good for Usa. How is this a good news for Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by BigBenoski(m): 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2012
Up USA! Now what business have nigerians celebrating him... *smh, stops just when it's about falling off*
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
BigBenoski: Up USA! Now what business have nigerians celebrating him... *smh, stops just when it's about falling off*

Shut your stinking mouth.If this guy were to be another Mutalab,the whole world would have know that he's a nigerian from SW of Nigeria.Precisely,they would have called him a yoruba terrorist !
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by newmaonza: 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2012
Rgp92: Good for Usa. How is this a good news for Nigeria?
@ least d young ones studying medcine have living role models contributing to d frotiers of modern medcine. . . .i don tire to dey hear zik, awo and saraduna
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Odunnu: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2012
new maonza: @ least d young ones studying medcine have living role models contributing to d frotiers of modern medcine. . . .i don tire to dey hear zik, awo and saraduna
The fact you spelt that wrongly can start a tribal war here, please spell it well
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by newmaonza: 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2012
Odunnu:
The fact you spelt that wrongly can start a tribal war here, please spell it well
"Sardauna". . . . .thanks
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Odunnu: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
cheesy good. We are just not the violent type and we seem to be few on nairaland. If not, another 'war' would have started
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by eghost247(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
nice to hear something postive
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by kemmeye: 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
o my gosh i know him he's my mothers sister's husband's uncle's mother in law's child. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by lagcity(m): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2012
Callotti: Congrats!
Hopefully we have heard the last of "fin-ge-ring" H-unconsciious CORE H-AREAS in the Yoo Hess Hay!!!
Let us pray he does not "Njokurize" any of his female patients who forgot to wear paheint to a doctor's office o!
Or do an Ike-Eba Iwaela in one parking lot o! cheesy

Mu he he he he he he

hey Lasinoh, which one be Callotti again? u juse dey change username like Ashawo dey change paheint cheesy
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by caye(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
I think the morale of the above post is: go to a place where you will be BEST appreciated; where human life is taken as precious and where corruption , tribalism and other poisons are at a low ebb.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by kunumi(f): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ ZUBY77: from ur comment, tll b vry difficult 4 us 2 infer dt u r learned. y must u b a kill joy?? odas r celebr8n him, if u cldnt, y nt stay silent&read posts by odas? ts comments lyk urs dt ll gv cardiac arrests..kanu had a heart problem, ws helpd abroad bt cldnt help nigerians untl he playd&earnd money living ovasees. ld he av made so much money and impact playn 4 a nigerian club?? u dnt knw d plans d man has 4 9ja..u sef wey dey hr, wetin positive u don do 4 ur fellow man wey dey live here wt u??
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by BaBaMike: 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
LMAO ..... Some ppl comments makes me laugh in IJEBU!eheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oeeeee yeeeeparipa oooooooooo.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Leyelyzo: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
BaBa Mike: LMAO ..... Some ppl comments makes me laugh in IJEBU!eheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oeeeee yeeeeparipa oooooooooo.

Myko is that you? Laugh na virus
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by tanimola22: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2012
oc2fish: I am proud of what your doing. I studied Fisheries upto M.Sc level and
about to complete a PhD thesis. I will like to be in the news by producing
Fish that the poor can afford. In poor Asian countries fresh fish is
for the poor and not so rich, in Nigeria only the rich can eat fresh fish
I am encouraged by your effort and salute your courage.

Hi, could you walk me through what research in Fisheries seems like? Your PhD is very unique, you know.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by ZUBY77(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2012
kunumi: @ ZUBY77: from ur comment, tll b vry difficult 4 us 2 infer dt u r learned. y must u b a kill joy?? odas r celebr8n him, if u cldnt, y nt stay silent&read posts by odas? ts comments lyk urs dt ll gv cardiac arrests..kanu had a heart problem, ws helpd abroad bt cldnt help nigerians untl he playd&earnd money living ovasees. ld he av made so much money and impact playn 4 a nigerian club?? u dnt knw d plans d man has 4 9ja..u sef wey dey hr, wetin positive u don do 4 ur fellow man wey dey live here wt u??
apparently, you are an ediot.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by BaBaMike: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
Leyelyzo:

Myko is that you? Laugh na virus

Go and say dat 2 ur senior bros @ home
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by 2010a: 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2012
@zuby77, u r unnecessarily harsh with Dr Badero. You don't know him & you don't know the numerous programs he has initiated to bridge the gap in medical practice between this country and the USA. His field is a rare, highly coveted, specialty even in the US and he has made admirable effort to impart those skills to doctors here. Please don't go about insulting people indiscriminately.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by PhysicsQED(m): 7:01am On Mar 19, 2012
erniewhez: pls help my curiousity, ive heard so much,about nigerians making such outstanding records abroad, pls do anyone knw any hausa man been noted with such record in history, jst curious.

I don't know if they're actually Hausa specifically, but their names indicate that they are Northern:

Abba Gumel:

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~gumelab/

Sarki A. Abdulkadir:

https://medschool.mc.vanderbilt.edu/facultydata/php_files/part_dept/show_part.php?id3=15921

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vmcpathology&doc=14877

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Born Without Limbs In Bauchi / How true is WHO statistics on Hiv/Aids In Nigeria? / Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.