Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,325 members, 7,846,454 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US (11224 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by oge4real(f): 7:17am On Mar 19, 2012
Weldone to him. Goodnews to Nigeria at last.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by AustineE1: 7:34am On Mar 19, 2012
...Prof.Ofodile & Dr.Chukwuma,ha!ha!ha!i know my people will always come first on anything achievable through the power of creative imaginatn & great efforts!kudos also to they other two Nigerians on the list?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by deelobe: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2012
THESE ARE THE KIND OF STORIES WE SHOULD BE READING. CONGRATS DR BADERO.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by asariangala: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2012
I am not moved. E. Latunde Odeku (1927-1974), first African American Neurosurgeon and Nigeria's first willingly rejected all the offers to tie him down in the states affer his training, rather he chose to come to Ibadan to start the Neurosurgery dept of the premier varsity. I read that he started the neurosurgery unit with the tools and equipment he came with from America. Everyone here needs to read about this man. It wasn't easy for him to do this at the beginning cos his american education was largely opposed by his uk trained colleagues . They tot everytin wouldn't last but Odeku was to later prove them wrong with his mastery in the art of neurosurgery. I think I personally like this kind of story. Odeku came home and still made his name worldwide. If u are a doktor and u av nt heard about odeku, his achievements/contibutions to neurosurgery all around the world, then u are to me nt a doktor yet. Badero should come home if he wants my respect, not obodo oyibo.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Babycake(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Do not bring tribalism into this thread. There is no way you will know that he is Yoruba. Sone Edos, Ijaws, Egus bear Yoruba names without being Yoruba. Perhaps, the man is not even Yoruba or from the south west.
Please say no to tribalism.
................You_no_get_eye?Oluyemi_Badero,is_a_greatYoruba_man_from_d_southwest.Im_proud_of_Him.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Oluyemi Badero Named Top Cardiologist In US by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
Yorubas have been beating Igbos since forever. This is no surprise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Born Without Limbs In Bauchi / Cure All These Naturally With Jigsimur / How true is WHO statistics on Hiv/Aids In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.