Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m (6263 Views)

Peter (P-Square) Shares A Picture of Him And His Wife / EXCLUSIVE: Etisalat Network Swindles Popular Comedian, Julius Agwu (DETAILS) / Wizkid Defends Buying N15m Car - I Work Hard & I Can Enjoy My Money” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by princedant: 7:00am On Mar 18, 2012
As you read this story, a French show promoter is biting his fingers and regretting. Reason, he was swindled off $100, 000 USD (N15 million) by a fake P-Square’s manager.

According to sources, the road to ‘magahood’ began late last year when the French promoter, eager to bring the singing sensation to France had gone to, of all places, Facebook and Twitter to launch a search for P-Square.

His search led him to phony Facebook and Twitter IDs purportedly belonging to the manager of the twins in France. Sources say the ID belonged to an Igbo guy, who claimed he had acquired the franchise to manage P-Square in France for two years.

While we are not sure whether it was ‘juju’ or sheer brain he used, what we are sure of is that the Frenchman, believing he was talking with the right person transferred a whopping $100, 000 USD into the account of the fake P-Square’s manager.

However, it soon dawned on him that he had been swindled after the fake P-Square’s manager stopped taking his calls and so he raised the alarm but it was too late, the account into which the money was wired had been cleaned out and the fake manager had popped into the blue.
Reacting to the story, an ex-PMAN president, who did not want his name in print, had lamented thus: “This is tragic! The fault lies with the artistes who wouldn’t join a union. If there is a real union, things like this would not happen because the union would be the first port of call for any show promoter from any part of the world wanting to do business with Nigerian artistes.

“This kind of stuff happens all the time. It has happened to D’banj and a number of other artistes and I believe it’s their fault.”

Meanwhile, we hear that the French show promoter is leaving no stone unturned in fishing out the culprit and is currently making efforts to reach out to security agencies in the country.
Off the Stage will keep you posted as events unfold.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/blockbuster/2012/mar/17/blockbuster-17-03-2012-003.html
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Afam4eva(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2012
Na lie jare.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by MrGlobe(m): 7:26am On Mar 18, 2012
^
Exactly. 15 million for psquare? Next...
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by newmaonza: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2012
afam4eva: Na lie jare.
u dey mind am
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2012
princedant: As you read this story, a French show promoter is biting his fingers and regretting. Reason, he was swindled off $100, 000 USD (N15 million) by a fake P-Square’s manager.

According to sources, the road to ‘magahood’ began late last year when the French promoter, eager to bring the singing sensation to France had gone to, of all places, Facebook and Twitter to launch a search for P-Square.

His search led him to phony Facebook and Twitter IDs purportedly belonging to the manager of the twins in France. Sources say the ID belonged to an Igbo guy, who claimed he had acquired the franchise to manage P-Square in France for two years.

While we are not sure whether it was ‘juju’ or sheer brain he used, what we are sure of is that the Frenchman, believing he was talking with the right person transferred a whopping $100, 000 USD into the account of the fake P-Square’s manager.

However, it soon dawned on him that he had been swindled after the fake P-Square’s manager stopped taking his calls and so he raised the alarm but it was too late, the account into which the money was wired had been cleaned out and the fake manager had popped into the blue.
Reacting to the story, an ex-PMAN president, who did not want his name in print, had lamented thus: “This is tragic! The fault lies with the artistes who wouldn’t join a union. If there is a real union, things like this would not happen because the union would be the first port of call for any show promoter from any part of the world wanting to do business with Nigerian artistes.

“This kind of stuff happens all the time. It has happened to D’banj and a number of other artistes and I believe it’s their fault.”

Meanwhile, we hear that the French show promoter is leaving no stone unturned in fishing out the culprit and is currently making efforts to reach out to security agencies in the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/blockbuster/2012/mar/17/blockbuster-17-03-2012-003.html

The the tribal bashing goes on, what a shame.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Pakavy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
tales by moonlyt!!!
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by bilaya(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2012
justwise:

Blame nairaland.Their moderators are set of tribalistic bastards especially mukina.All negative stories involving Igbos quickly make it to the front page
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by theviper1: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
so since the swindler is yet to be apprehended,how did the fool who posted this trash knows that the guy is igbo.or is he being economical with the truth.maybe u are the one that did it.the story sounds funny,imagine paying a whooping hundred thousand american green backs into the account of sme1 u met on facebook when the guy could easily have traveled to nija and make the deal.or if he knows no-one in nija,what do u think the french embassy does here since the deal is nothing illegal.
do tell us something else MR BRAINLESS.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by babaowo: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
bilaya:

Blame nairaland.Their moderators are set of tribalistic bastards especially mukina.All negative stories involving Igbos quickly make it to the front page
.........why mukina2 nah Becarefull or else u? Hope u know ansa.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by desperatem(m): 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2012
@justwise
You are not wise at all! Must you qoute the whole story before you make a comment? Ode buruku nie, mumu
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2012
desperatem: @justwise
You are not wise at all! Must you qoute the whole story before you make a comment? Ode buruku nie, mumu

You are far too stup[i]id[/i] to be taken seriously

2 Likes

Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by jspac(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2012
Must you call him names? undecided SMH no home training.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2012
Ebelebe Igba.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Idowuogbo(f): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
U need a brain scan,u surely not normal.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by dabrake(m): 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2012
princedant: As you read this story, a French show promoter is biting his fingers and regretting. Reason, he was swindled off $100, 000 USD (N15 million) by a fake P-Square’s manager.

I almost believed it not till i saw this

http://[size=40pt]www.sunnewsonline.com[/size]/webpages/features/blockbuster/2012/mar/17/blockbuster-17-03-2012-003.html[/quote]
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by dripstoil: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
Exactly. 15 million for psquare? Next...

Do you mean it's too small or too big?

Well, that's the performance fee for P-Square.

In fact, They received twice that ($200,000)to perform in Tanzania last year.

http://ovation.com.ng
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by bakila: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2012
justwise:

I the poster did not print the words I checked the publication and prayed the bolded words you referred to was not there.
Alas another Nigerian has ffed up still giving nigeria a bad name. Even if he turns out to be Kakanda.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by strangerf: 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
An Ibo man just has to be involved . . . like they ve not done enough with their international, transcontinental anal drug stuffing.

Igbo kwenu!

Igbo kwezuone!!!

419 Kwenu Kwezuonu!!!
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by cynthiafred67(f): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2012
Mtcheeeew
Fake story! *NEXT*
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by abrazar(m): 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
Op no get work
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by emmy04(m): 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2012
YORUBA AND THEIR TRIBALISM AGAIN!!! HOW U TAKE KNOW SAY NA IGBO MAN? IF U WERE THE GUY, WOULD U GIVE OUT UR REAL NAME? AND OFCOURSD HE USED AN IGBO NAME BCUS PSQUARE'S MANAGER IS AN IGBO GUY. WOULD U USE "ADEBOLA" AS UR NAME, WEN THE PERSON UR IMPERSONATING IS AN IGBO MAN...?!! YORUBAs WILL JUST LOOK 4 ANY CRIME TO INVOLVE IGBO PEOPLE. FOOLS!!!
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by AustineE1: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2012
I ve seen that nairaland moderators are now behaving like a typical parapo Yoruba ofe mmanu press which they are!in a typical yoruba slippery nature of hiding behind the mask,they will stop at nothing to discredit ibos!however i take solace in the fact that,'it takes you to be more important,for others to want to discuss you'...am still waiting for the story of an egba(ogun) chief who committed suicide few days back because of his travails with EFCC.such stories wont make it to nairaland,as far as Seun is involved!
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
dabrake:

I almost believed it not till i saw this

http://[size=40pt]www.sunnewsonline.com[/size]/webpages/features/blockbuster/2012/mar/17/blockbuster-17-03-2012-003.html
So U believe anything thats in the newsd
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by desperatem(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U need a brain scan,u surely not normal.

Esu leyin Ibeji, are you talking to taiwo your elder brother like that? It seems you want to pass the night in the balcony tonight. Ewu tongue
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Idowuogbo(f): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
desperatem:

Esu leyin Ibeji, are you talking to taiwo your elder brother like that? It seems you want to pass the night in the balcony tonight. Ewu tongue

Isi-monkey are u ok? if u not, I suggest u go down a glass of cold bleach.

Anofia!
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by queensmith: 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2012
Are p square worth 60k? ..i dont buy this for a millisecond!
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by olayinka1987: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2012

I knew it would be an IBO guy as soon as i saw that it was fraud. Igbo people continually disgrace Nigeria with their dishonesty and fraudulent activities. It's always the IBOS that want the riches without working hard for it.
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Revolva(m): 12:16am On Mar 19, 2012

I knew it would be an IBO guy as soon as i saw that it was fraud. Igbo people continually disgrace Nigeria with their dishonesty and fraudulent activities. It's always the IBOS that want the riches without working hard for it.

Oga no bring tribealism here even yoruba also.. do scam abroad ok even southerners..ok....i beg
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by justwise(m): 1:03am On Mar 19, 2012
[quote author=olayinka1987]

I knew it would be an IBO guy as soon as i saw that it was fraud. [b]Igbo people continually disgrace Nigeria with their dishonesty and fraudulent activities. It's always the IBOS that want the riches without working hard for it. [/qu[/b]ote]

https://www.nairaland.com/894961/3-nigerians-uk-court-1.7m
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Knorkastur: 2:07am On Mar 19, 2012
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2012
bilaya:

Why blame the poor woman for the crime of an ibo man ? Okoro are known to be fraudulent and i can only blame people doing business with them.from duping nigerians to duping french. . . .proudly biafarans !
Re: Fake P-square’s Manager Swindles French Promoter N15m by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 19, 2012

We the Association of Nairaland Ibos under the chairmanship od his excellency Sir Onlylies are proud of you for the feat you just achieved for the biafran nation.Keep the flag flying high.Da 'Alu !
Signed :
bluetooth (Announcer)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actress Dayo Amusa Caught Kissing: Says She Need A Special Man Before Marriage / Moment Psquare Peter Okoye Fell Off The Stage (photos) / How Senior Students Fu**ck Junior Students In The Name Of Discipline N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.