Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism (3197 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2012
I'm new on nairaland but can we have a section for athiest here.this post is not meant to offend anyone.
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2012
There is no need for that. . .Any question or topic of discussion you want to ask or raise can be handled here. . . .Welcome to NL. . .

1 Like

Re: Atheism by noetic16(m): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2012
Its not very objective to have a separate forum for atheists, considering that they claim to have a unique form of knowledge.
Its better this way, as this gives us the opportunity as theists to educate the obvious ignorance of atheists.

So @sister_fatie

are you an atheist? whats the basis of your atheistic postulation? what led you to this belief?
Re: Atheism by antartica(m): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
She must be really thrilled to learn that some people are not into god.Growing in hard up without god is almost imaginable and abomidable,because it is country where NOTHING is ever certain,even keeping to time(puntuality) requires the power of god instead of mere discipline and plans.

Talk about cleaning the streets to save the people from preventable diseases that sometimes make them hallucinate and start seeing demons and witches,hence their need for god.
Re: Atheism by noetic16(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
antartica: She must be really thrilled to learn that some people are not into god.Growing in hard up without god is almost imaginable and abomidable,because it is country where NOTHING is ever certain,even keeping to time(puntuality) requires the power of god instead of mere discipline and plans.

Talk about cleaning the streets to save the people from preventable diseases that sometimes make them hallucinate and start seeing demons and witches,hence their need for god.

religious people who are unfortunately illiterates does not excuse atheism. There is a God, this is easily justified by the intelligence behind the creation matrix.

if people living by religious superstitions is the basis of your atheistic beliefs, then it tells a lot about your person.
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2012
noetic16: Its not very objective to have a separate forum for atheists, considering that they claim to have a unique form of knowledge.
Its better this way, as this gives us the opportunity as theists to educate the obvious ignorance of atheists.
I became an atheist when i did lots of research into human history and the sciences.
So @sister_fatie

are you an atheist? whats the basis of your atheistic postulation? what led you to this belief?

Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2012
To all above yes i'm an atheist and i wish there is an online forum for nigerian atheists
Re: Atheism by antartica(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
noetic16:

religious people who are unfortunately illiterates does not excuse atheism. There is a God, this is easily justified by the intelligence behind the creation matrix.

if people living by religious superstitions is the basis of your atheistic beliefs, then it tells a lot about your person.

That is not the basis of my beliefs,i don't call myself atheist because i am well above that.I just think that everything thing that exist exist within me and if there is anything like god it is in me,for the simple fact that i am conscious.And that is where it ends,consciousness.
Re: Atheism by noetic16(m): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
antartica:

That is not the basis of my beliefs,i don't call myself atheist because i am well above that.I just think that everything thing that exist exist within me and if there is anything like god it is in me,for the simple fact that i am conscious.And that is where it ends,consciousness.

There is nothing factual about your assertion.

There is also no evidence to support your postulations, hence we can state that what you have here is a BELIEF that requires FAITH.
There is evidently no difference between your belief and those of other religions, cos u both require FAITH
Re: Atheism by antartica(m): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sister fatie: To all above yes i'm an atheist and i wish there is an online forum for nigerian atheists

The name sister Fatie gives the impression that you are a stunch deeper life church member who can not bear the thought of hearing people doubt the existence of god. "The coloiest" of the "colos",when i mean colo,i mean the mentally enslaved.
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sister fatie: To all above yes i'm an atheist and i wish there is an online forum for nigerian atheists

***Seconded***
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ antartic i'm actually an ex-muslim real name is fatima but seems sumone else has used it in their profile.
Re: Atheism by antartica(m): 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sister fatie: @ antartic i'm actually an ex-muslim real name is fatima but seems sumone else has used it in their profile.

Ok,you are welcome to realm of the gods as a goddess.It is so free having no restriction but common sense.
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ Sister fatie, are you based in Nigeria or out of Nigeria. . .Feel free to post what ever it is you want to post or ask. . .There are quite a lot of atheist here on nairaland. . . .
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2012
@mazaje yup i'm in nigeria i just feel like being a part of a larger nigerian atheist community. I'm a unilag law student every one around me is so religious it gets lonely.
Re: Atheism by Goshen360(m): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
Na whao. Una weldone. Make una carry go. I dey watch una.
Re: Atheism by antartica(m): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2012
noetic16:

There is nothing factual about your assertion.

There is also no evidence to support your postulations, hence we can state that what you have here is a BELIEF that requires FAITH.
There is evidently no difference between your belief and those of other religions, cos u both require FAITH

Faith in me yes.As an educated mind that you porport to be,you should by now know that the whole universe is made up of carbon materials that emanates from exploding dead stars roaming in the billions of galaxies up there that are factual and visible to the proving minds.

My question now is,if you and i just like diamond,gold,iron and all the natural resources you can think of are made of carbon,what makes you then you think there is a special place in heaven for you to see god,while you use resources like gold and diammond to adorn yourself while alive?Will the diamonds go to heaven?will god save the diamond soul like you,since both of you are made of the same material?

The problem with maan is that he likes to see himself as the centre of the universe,while he is not even up to a drop of water in ocean in comparisism with the things around him,he likes to see the universe in his eyes and believe that every thing is created and to evolve around him.

Do you ever wonder what the trees thinks?What the oceans think? Or is it just you that think because you think so?
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ Sister fatie......I get the drift....Nigeria is no place to be an atheist cause the people are just too closed minded, backward, superstitious, intolerant and uneducated. . .As I aforementioned there is a sizable number of atheist here on NL, just ask what ever you wanna ask, you can contribute to many topics as well if you have the time and are interested. . .
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
goshen360: Na whao. Una weldone. Make una carry go. I dey watch una.

And who are you?
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
@mazaje so true life is becoming unbearable with d incessant fellowships.
So@mods,seun can pls get this request and if not pls tell.
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2012
@mazaje so true life is becoming unbearable with d incessant fellowships.
So@mods,seun can i pls get this request and if not pls tell.
Re: Atheism by Goshen360(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
mazaje:
And who are you?

I am same Goshen you have always known. Stay cool bro. No quarrel, OK. We are in the same "ship" BUT different "Army". OK. Stay blessed.
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sister fatie: @mazaje so true life is becoming unbearable with d incessant fellowships.
So@mods,seun can pls get this request and if not pls tell.

I don't think your request will be granted. . .Seun(the owner of NL)is an atheist. . .The muslims only have their section because his life was threatened by some muslims, some christians have been begging for a christian only section but that request has not been granted and it won't be granted. . .There is no need for an atheist section, all discussions are dealt with here. . .You can follow and contribute if you want to. . .Open a topic ask questions and all the other atheist here will add if the topic captivates them. . . .
Re: Atheism by wirinet(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sister Fatie,
Welcome to the real world. It is very lonely here as most people are still in the MATRIX and their mind and soul is trapped in there.

You are one in a million as Nigerian women are the most religious people on the planet.

Please can you share with us why you left religion, what made you see through the tinted glasses that has been used to cover our eyes in order to see the world as it is, to see that "the king has no clothes after all" I am curious learn of your journey to freedom.

Then since your previous world has been de constructed, I wonder how. You have reconstructioned it. Like how do you place yourself within the c
ontext of the universe? What is the purpose and goals of yur existence
Re: Atheism by wirinet(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sister Fatie,
Welcome to the real world. It is very lonely here as most people are still in the MATRIX and their mind and soul is trapped in there.

You are one in a million as Nigerian women are the most religious people on the planet.

Please can you share with us why you left religion, what made you see through the tinted glasses that has been used to cover our eyes in order to see the world as it is, to see that "the king has no clothes after all" I am curious learn of your journey to freedom.

Then since your previous world has been de constructed, I wonder how. You have reconstructioned it. Like how do you place yourself within the context of the universe? What is the purpose and goals of your existence?
I can understand your clamour for an exclusive atheist thread, you need to ask questions to things you do not understand. I feel it is best you interact in a general thread, that way you will understand the views of all sides and be better informed if you made the right choice.

Ask any question and there are lots of atheist here to help you.
Re: Atheism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
@Sister fatie - you took the Red Pill, Good for you, know you want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes? wink at the bottom lies an ancient lie that has become the Truth for anyone who takes the Blue Pill- but that is another story - welcome
Re: Atheism by noetic16(m): 12:29am On Mar 19, 2012
antartica:

Faith in me yes.As an educated mind that you porport to be,you should by now know that the whole universe is made up of carbon materials that emanates from exploding dead stars roaming in the billions of galaxies up there that are factual and visible to the proving minds.

My question now is,if you and i just like diamond,gold,iron and all the natural resources you can think of are made of carbon,what makes you then you think there is a special place in heaven for you to see god,while you use resources like gold and diammond to adorn yourself while alive?Will the diamonds go to heaven?will god save the diamond soul like you,since both of you are made of the same material?

The problem with maan is that he likes to see himself as the centre of the universe,while he is not even up to a drop of water in ocean in comparisism with the things around him,he likes to see the universe in his eyes and believe that every thing is created and to evolve around him.

Do you ever wonder what the trees thinks?What the oceans think? Or is it just you that think because you think so?

1. So you have faith in yourself? huh? so whats the difference between you and the religious bigots you repeatedly desecrate?

2. what is the source of those carbons materials? which organisms constitute the first set of dead stars through which the pioneer carbons were made?

3. you have to concede that there is a lot that science does not know.
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2012
@wirenet very simple a thorough reading of the so called holy books the bible quran which are full of baseless, misogyny, homophobia, violence etc. And then the realization that throughout human history people have created gods to help them deal with situations they do not understand.
Re: Atheism by wirinet(m): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2012
Sister fatie: @wirenet very simple a thorough reading of the so called holy books the bible quran which are full of baseless, misogyny, homophobia, violence etc. And then the realization that throughout human history people have created gods to help them deal with situations they do not understand.

So how will you deal with situations that is beyond your understanding or control? How will you cope with disappointments, failures and problems which are all phases of an average person's life cycle.
Re: Atheism by manmustwac(m): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2012
Sister fatie: @ antartic i'm actually an ex-muslim real name is fatima but seems sumone else has used it in their profile.
You should,ve changed it to Sis Fatima or Sis Fatima24. Anyway welcome to nairaland Fatima your one of the very few women among our midst smiley Hope you enjoy your stay and you stay long.
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2012
@wirenet i'll deal with situations i don't understand by using my brain and working towards solving my issues rather than waiting for some sky daddy to come give me support. Humans evolved complex brains. And i cope with my dissappointment by simply resolving not to make the same mistakes twice and doing my best to be the best i can be.
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
First former muslim now atheist Ive had the opportunity to meer albeit online. There's no atheist section here, although there are a lot of atheist and anti atheist topics created daily. You're welcome. Im not atheist by way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 24 Elders +2 Other Kings Of The Revelations. / Praying Is Meaningless And A Total Waste Of Time! / [LEAK VIDEO] Zimbabwean Pastor's Daughter Gets Involved In Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.