Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism (3200 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism by noetic16(m): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sister fatie: @wirenet very simple a thorough reading of the so called holy books the bible quran which are full of baseless, misogyny, homophobia, violence etc. And then the realization that throughout human history people have created gods to help them deal with situations they do not understand.

whaoo . . .so have you read the entire bible from Genesis to revelation before coming to that conclusion?
Re: Atheism by emofine2(f): 4:10am On Mar 20, 2012
@Sister fatie

Not sure if this has been asked before . . .but is your family and friends aware of your unbelief? If so how do they treat you? Or do you just keep your unbelief to yourself?
Re: Atheism by EvilBrain1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
noetic16:

whaoo . . .so have you read the entire bible from Genesis to revelation before coming to that conclusion?

Plenty of atheists have read the entire bible. I'd read the whole thing cover to cover twice by the time I was 13. The stuff is not that long.

I find it funny that so many christians haven't bothered to read through their religion's main source material. Most of them are content with being spoon-fed tiny portions of it taken out of context by their pastors. You would think that the belief that their eternity depended of it would make each person to study the text individually and thoroughly. Yet I haven't met a single christian that is more familiar with the bible than I am.

Religion makes people to act very strangely.
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
@emofine nope i'm stuck in d closet 4 now. When i get older and have finished my education i'll definetly come out.
Re: Atheism by dekung(m): 9:28am On Mar 22, 2012
Sister fatie: @emofine nope i'm stuck in d closet 4 now. When i get older and have finished my education i'll definetly come out.
I feel you sis. Just lie low and keep updating yourself and keep pretending to be religious until you earn your freedom because your parents may stage you death in the name of religious honour killing. I come from the christian extraction and still at my age and being married I still have to pretend to people when it comes to my religious belief/unbelief.
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 22, 2012
Religion is boring me, even all these religious talks ,i've come to know that every man wants to see his own truth and believe what only himself wants to believe.so everyone wants to follow something somehow so why will you call your own the universal truth? there is no universal truth, but there are billions of people that wants to see it that way. you only see tge truth you want to believe in.no matter how much you talk, you still following what you believe, it doesnt make it the universal truth, coz there isnt or there is, maybe all of us are reading it the wrong way.
Re: Atheism by Kay17: 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2012
Great to have you here fatima! Almost everyone is a closet atheist at home. Nigeria is not a bright place for a skeptic. Do you have a twitter handle
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
@kay 71 yes i do check my profile.
@dekung do raise ur children to believe in god i'm not gonna do dat 2 mine that is if can even get a non religious man in dis god-crazy country.
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2012
emöfine2: @Sister fatie

Not sure if this has been asked before . . .but is your family and friends aware of your unbelief? If so how do they treat you? Or do you just keep your unbelief to yourself?

THAT RIGHT THERE is one of the reasons why I've always referred to religion (Christianity in this case) as a CULT! ! !

So because the poster isn't religious, you expect her to be treated harshly abi? See the nonsense i keep talking about? Is that the way your biblical Jesus treated the "unbelievers"?

Hypocrites!
Self delusionists! !
Un-curable religious zombies! ! !
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^

sup man?. . . .emöfine2 is not a christian. . .
Re: Atheism by Dipwater(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2012
Wow so suen is an athiest no wonder. I am not an athiest anyways. I biliv in God. I don't go to church nor mosque I just biliv in a creator pls where can I find people dat share the same belief with me. I am not a religious person and hate maintaining customs and tradition. Cuz it will only limit me.
Re: Atheism by dekung(m): 12:09am On Mar 23, 2012
Sister fatie:
@dekung do raise ur children to believe in god i'm not gonna do dat 2 mine that is if can even get a non religious man in dis god-crazy country.
I will give them a balanced life. I will allow them to learn about religion and then they can decide whatever they want. If I deny them the knowledge of God, I would be commiting the same crime the theists commit. I wouldnt indoctrinate my children to believe or not to believe in God
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 23, 2012
Dipwater: Wow so suen is an athiest no wonder. I am not an athiest anyways. I biliv in God. I don't go to church nor mosque I just biliv in a creator pls where can I find people dat share the same belief with me. I am not a religious person and hate maintaining customs and tradition. Cuz it will only limit me.
We plenty for here o... you're in good company... grin
Re: Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2012
Dipwater: Wow so suen is an athiest no wonder. I am not an athiest anyways. I biliv in God. I don't go to church nor mosque I just biliv in a creator pls where can I find people dat share the same belief with me. I am not a religious person and hate maintaining customs and tradition. Cuz it will only limit me.
we dey o..welcome
Re: Atheism by emofine2(f): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2012
harakiri:

THAT RIGHT THERE is one of the reasons why I've always referred to religion (Christianity in this case) as a CULT! ! !

So because the poster isn't religious, you expect her to be treated harshly abi? See the nonsense i keep talking about? Is that the way your biblical Jesus treated the "unbelievers"?

Hypocrites!
Self delusionists! !
Un-curable religious zombies! ! !

Your disdain is misguided and your conclusion premature. You don’t know me in the slightest!

I don’t wish for her to be harshly treated but I expect it given the nature of that country. I was merely curious as to what reception is given to a female Muslim apostate turned atheist in a religious revering country.

Nothing about those questions even suggests that I’m a Christian or indeed religious – quite the opposite actually.

So next time care to fully comprehend before venting the contempt you harbour for your target audience!
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2012
mazaje: ^^

sup man?. . . .emöfine2 is not a christian. . .

I didn't know that but the response is definitely typical of religious folks and i would have tendered an apology (and modified my post) if not the rebuttal i got.
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2012
@emofine

Your disdain is misguided and your conclusion premature. You don’t know me in the slightest!

Misguided disdain? Premature conclusion? Do i need to know you?

I don’t wish for her to be harshly treated but I expect it given the nature of that country. I was merely curious as to what reception is given to a female Muslim apostate turned atheist in a religious revering country.

That's understandable.

Nothing about those questions even suggests that I’m a Christian or indeed religious – quite the opposite actually.

Actually, that's the reaction/expectation of religious folks (not particularly Christian) towards non-religious folks.

So next time care to fully comprehend before venting the contempt you harbour for your target audience!

Go grab a breath mint and keep your un-solicited advice to yourself.
Re: Atheism by emofine2(f): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
harakiri: Do i need to know you?

If you feel the need to make hasty conclusions and fictitious statements about a person without indeed having any prior knowledge of said individual or even first enquiring then I suggest you keep your trap shut until such has been confirmed because that exposes your irrationality (something you are so fond of accusing the religious populace of, how ironic it appears you contain such in high volume).
Believe me I could give a lesser damn about your fake proposed apology.
I prefer conversing with unpresumptuous people so a reply from you will thus be ignored. Thanks awfully.
Re: Atheism by mazaje(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^

knock it off guys. . .Kiss and make up. . .No need for that. . . wink
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2012
emöfine2:

If you feel the need to make hasty conclusions and fictitious statements about a person without indeed having any prior knowledge of said individual or even first enquiring then I suggest you keep your trap shut until such has been confirmed because that exposes your irrationality (something you are so fond of accusing the religious populace of, how ironic it appears you contain such in high volume).
Believe me I could give a lesser damn about your fake proposed apology.
I prefer conversing with unpresumptuous people so a reply from you will thus be ignored. Thanks awfully.

Flexing your command of basic simple English in a post doesn't automatically transform into a valid argument (unless you're talking to a stark illiterate who's carried away by such cheap displays). At this point, i do not really give a damn if you're religious or whatever kettle of fish you're boiling in (you might just as well stake yourself through the heart for all i care). Talking about the apology, i was communicating with someone else NOT YOU! If you really think i give a flying phuck about your opinions, you might just as well stick some steaming roast corn up your a$$.
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2012
and here was i under the illusion that atheists were such peaceful, rational, logical, wise folks. grin
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2012
davidylan: and here was i under the illusion that atheists were such peaceful, rational, logical, wise folks. grin

This is coming from someone who believes his "ancestors" got created when some bored deity blew air into sand. This is coming from someone who believes donkeys talk. This is coming from someone who believes a human being can live in the belly of a fish (or whale) for three days without getting chewed,no food,no oxygen,no water...and yet, he lived. This is coming from someone who believes virgins can actually get pregnant without $exual intercourse. This is coming from someone who believes an individual who's been dead for three days (gutted and embalmed according to the tradition back then) can come back to life. This is coming from someone who believes all these because a book that was brought in by the slave traders who put his ancestors into bondage said so.

Dude, get real with yourself. A lil fist-cuff amongst non-religious folks doesn't make you a less religious vegetable a.k.a Sheeple!
Re: Atheism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2012
for all our healthy perceptions and reasoning about humanity - in the end we are all just animals grin
Re: Atheism by Enigma(m): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2012
Re: Atheism by Miroslavklose: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
thou shall not fight each other thou atheists
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2012
davidylan: and here was i under the illusion that atheists were such peaceful, rational, logical, wise folks. grin

Miroslav klose: thou shall not fight each other thou atheists

Enigma: Another "ungodly row"?* wink
cool
* https://www.nairaland.com/538568/ungodly-row-dawkins-sues-disciple

See the excitement!!! cool . It's as if atheists are not humans who can have disagreements with other humans.

Lol, at least it shows you people hold atheists to a higher standard.
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2012
Martian:

See the excitement!!! cool . It's as if atheists are not humans who can have disagreements with other humans.

You dey mind them.
Re: Atheism by Miroslavklose: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2012
Martian:

Nope

U guys sees ur selves as'super human' and better thinkers than the theists.
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2012
Miroslav klose: Nope

U guys sees ur selves as'super human' and better thinkers than the theists.

No. Personally, I just think your beliefs are silly. Other than that, I have no problems with jesus, mohammed, buddha or santa claus. I love 'em all.
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2012
Martian:

Not really, it actually shows the rank hypocrisy that is a standard hallmark of the typical atheist. you folks seem to hype up every disagreement among christian denominations as a sign of delusion . . . which is quite funny considering the clear fact that the only thing atheists agree on is their mutual disdain for religion. You are just as confused, intolerant, abusive and belligerent.
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2012
harakiri:

This is coming from someone who believes his "ancestors" got created when some bored deity blew air into sand. This is coming from someone who believes donkeys talk. This is coming from someone who believes a human being can live in the belly of a fish (or whale) for three days without getting chewed,no food,no oxygen,no water...and yet, he lived. This is coming from someone who believes virgins can actually get pregnant without $exual intercourse. This is coming from someone who believes an individual who's been dead for three days (gutted and embalmed according to the tradition back then) can come back to life. This is coming from someone who believes all these because a book that was brought in by the slave traders who put his ancestors into bondage said so.

Dude, get real with yourself. A lil fist-cuff amongst non-religious folks doesn't make you a less religious vegetable a.k.a Sheeple!

and exactly why do you get hung up with this? Its not shoved down your throat now is it? I wonder why you would rather spend 90% of your time showing spittle on those you call "sheeple".
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2012
davidylan:

Not really, it actually shows the rank hypocrisy that is a standard hallmark of the typical atheist. you folks seem to hype up every disagreement among christian denominations as a sign of delusion . . . .

How convenient. So, two people sniping at each other is now akin to a horde of christians arguing about something as ridiculous as m@sturbation? lol. Isn't that the current sex related topic your brethren are obsessing about? What is more delusional than grown men worrying that the invicible sky dictator can see them jerking off and having impure thoughts about big old t!tties? lmao. By the way, which side are you on? Does yahweh want you to choke the chicken or not?

davidylan:

. . which is quite funny considering the clear fact that the only thing atheists agree on is their mutual disdain for religion.

lol, the only thing atheists have in common is a lack of belief in gods NOT their mutual disdain for religion.

davidylan: You are just as confused, intolerant, abusive and belligerent.

I'm confused indeed. To choke or not to choke?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delivered From Ritualists- "Testimony Of How God Saved My Husband" / Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. / Pope Francis: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam And Eve Are Not Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.