Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? (1182 Views)

Poll: WILL JUDGEMENT BE IMMEDIATE

WILL JUDGEMENT BE AFTER THE WORLD ENDS: 50% (1 vote)
THERE WILL BE NO JUDGEMENT AT ALL: 50% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by lilkech(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2012
Hello fellow NLnderz

i am a christian and during the teachings of my faith i believe that there must be a day of reckoning for all of us where the Lord will judge us according to our deeds on this earth.

This brings me to ask a direct question to our seasoned christians on this website.

Once a person dies, that person will be judged. But what i want to know is if

1. The persons soul will immediately be taken to the place where it will be judged. Eg. If one dies today, the soul of that person will be called for by the almighty and be judged that same day the person died. If it happens this way then if one dies today it will be proper for that persons soul to find its way to either heaven or hell at that exact moment of death. Maybe hence the issue of people dreaming/dying and ressurecting and claiming to have seen various people in hell or heaven.

OR

2. Once someone dies that persons soul will rest/wait/remain within the persons body or grave untill the whole world comes to an end (untill the much awaited trumpet is blown) then all the dead souls will arise and join the living souls and all will process one by one for their respective judgement in front of the almighty. In this scenerio its possible that one will be reunited with their lost family, friends and relatives one last time before being judged or cases of people claiming to have seen/interacted with the ghosts and spirits of people they knew.

i just want to know some more about this issue (complete with scriptural backing) in order to put some issues concerning my faith into better perspective.

Thanx
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by Callotti: 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2012
I thought the holy book was supposed to have all the answers?
Or are we still playing the 'guessing game'?
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by stepo707: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2012
The final judgement is when christ comes(general), but when a person dies,there is an instantaneous judgement(individual) where you will be allocated to in the spirit world.
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by Kslib(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
Callotti: I thought the holy book was supposed to have all the answers?
Or are we still playing the 'guessing game'?

Nobody is playing a guessing game here.It's just that some people understand the bible more than others,due to the time devoted to studying it.
just relax and watch while answers come from the holy book.
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by lilkech(m): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Kslib:
Nobody is playing a guessing game here.It's just that some people understand the bible more than others,due to the time devoted to studying it.
just relax and watch while answers come from the holy book.

i commend you for your input. Different people have different views concerning this topic and i will like to know for sure what a normal christian is supposed to expect at his/her dying moment.

It hoped this thread would be taken to the front page.
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by buzugee(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2012
both individual and as a nation. everyone will be seperated into their nations. edomites, ishmaelites, hamites, israelites, amalekites, moabites, ammonites, japhetites, elomites. then you will be judged as a nation. and i can tell you the nation of edom aint going to be looking too good on that day (obadiah 1 vs 18 )edom is the caucasian, for the unenlightened. after you get judged as a nation then you will, then you will get judged as a person. but before all this there is pre-judgement horror and apocalypse that will happen for 7 years called the 7 years of tribulation. the believers will be delievered out of this and taken to jerusalem while all those who are left will undergo 7 years of torture. famine hunger mothers eating their babies, violence, thermonuclear missles and fire burning people up, APOCALYPTIC MADNESS. that is the pre-judgement for those unbelievers on earth when he returns. then those who make it through that will be taken to the valley of jehosophat for the judgement in which you will be seperated into nations and then judged as a nation. us israelites will come off smelling like roses on that day too because we have served our hell on earth. you aint know you was in hell ? (isaiah 27 vs 7-9 )
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by Conner44: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2012
Judgement fire!

Na wah 4 una o, better go school go read law so that u go fit defend yourself that day

notin like judgement, once you die na dust u go be
Re: Is Judgement Day Supposed To Be Individual Or General ? by lilkech(m): 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2012
Conner44: Judgement fire!

Na wah 4 una o, better go school go read law so that u go fit defend yourself that day

notin like judgement, once you die na dust u go be

i didnt start this thread for pagans and atheists to post on. Tell me something meaningful if you want to contribute or stay off this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Urged To Resign At 70 / We Serve A Lovely God And Not A God Of Eternal Hell Fire! / Does Science Refute God? : A Full Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.