Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip (1426 Views)

PHOTOS: See The Hair Cut This NYSC Member Rocked To His POP / Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp / Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by supereagle(m): 5:50am On Mar 21, 2012
OSOGBO-An ex- corps member, who alleged that an Osun monarch raped her, was Tuesrday, requested to remove her pants in the Chambers of the judge. According to reports, this request by the defence counsel, Mr Taofeek Tewogbade led to an uproar in the courtroom.

Tewogbade said that his request was to enable him and other counsel see the bruises she sustained on her private part as a result of the alleged rape.

The state prosecuting counsel, Mr Biodun Badeora, objected to the request and prayed the court to call the defence counsel to order, adding that the request was intended to insult the raped victim.

Badeora said that the medical doctor, who examined the victim gave evidence before the court, and wondered why the defence counsel wanted to examine the victim by himself.

The prosecuting counsel said: “She cannot exhibit nudity in court.”

The request of the defence counsel was overruled by the judge, Justice Jide Falola, who said that there was no reason for such an examination.

The alleged rape victim also said that she did not receive any gift or bargained to collect N50,000 from the monarch.
When cross examined by the Defence Counsel, Tewogbade, the ex-corps member said that the monarch, Oba Adebukola Alli, threw a bundle of N200 notes at her.

She said: “But l refused to take the money, l did not even know the actual amount, all l knew was that it was a bundle of N200 notes, but he forced himself in, in spite of my refusal.”

Earlier, Tewogbade had put it to the girl that there wouldn’t have been any scandal if the monarch had given her N50,000, a suggestion she rejected.

She however, agreed that prior to the date of the incident, the monarch visited her in the hospital when she was sick, but denied that the monarch paid her hospital bill or bought her a telephone handset.
Falola adjourned the case to May 2, for defence’s address.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/rape-court-turns-down-request-for-ex-nysc-member-to-strip/
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Odunnu: 5:57am On Mar 21, 2012
After going thru all the stress and negative exposure plus delay in judgement, which young woman would want to report a r[b]a[/b]pe incident? The system is so discouraging
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by ifyalways(f): 6:10am On Mar 21, 2012
Oh my days! Nigeria is long lost. A victim, grown lady was asked to strip in court
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by mcnepow(m): 6:14am On Mar 21, 2012
Odunnu: After going thru all the stress and negative exposure plus delay in judgement, which young woman would want to report a r[b]a[/b]pe incident? The system is so discouraging
Thats why i,ld advocate that the accused (male) shuld b d one to prove his innocence & not d victim proving she was r4ped. .
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Callotti: 6:37am On Mar 21, 2012
Mu he he he he he

Free p0-Rn in court!!!! cheesy

Bwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa

A lesson to ALL girls/women.

NEVER associate with ANY NIGERIAN male, no matter how educated, royal or religious you plan not to PHOCK da heck ourrof! cool

Na toto dem ALL want! LOL

I will never be caught DEAD alone with ANY NIGERIAN dude unless I wanno screw his arzzze!!! kiss

Ho-ha!

Nothing like we are just 'friends' with a NIGERIAN dude!!!!!

Will Mgbekes ever learn? "Awon my brodas from another mother, I love you with the blood of Christ", take note!

Mu Che Che Che Che Che Che
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Yeske2(m): 7:38am On Mar 21, 2012
Nonsense.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by mcnepow(m): 7:43am On Mar 21, 2012
Callotti: Mu he he he he he

Free p0-Rn in court!!!! cheesy

Bwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa

A lesson to ALL girls/women.

NEVER associate with ANY NIGERIAN male, no matter how educated, royal or religious you plan not to PHOCK da heck ourrof! cool

Na toto dem ALL want! LOL

I will never be caught DEAD alone with ANY NIGERIAN dude unless I wanno screw his arzzze!!! kiss

Ho-ha!

Nothing like we are just 'friends' with a NIGERIAN dude!!!!!

Will Mgbekes ever learn? "Awon my brodas from another mother, I love you with the blood of Christ", take note!

Mu Che Che Che Che Che Che
Any rule drawn without exception is a rule drawn out of ignorance.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 21, 2012
So some people are interest in looking at the poor girl toto instead of ascertaining if truly she was ra-ped. . .nawao
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2012
So some people are interest in looking at the poor girl toto instead of ascertaining if truly she was ra-ped. . .women don suffer for this life sha.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Demdem(m): 8:42am On Mar 21, 2012
both the king and the defence lawyer seems to be rapists
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Afam4eva(m): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2012
That lawyer should be arrested asap. It's despicable and a violation of privacy to ask a victim of rape and emotional trauma to strip in the full glare of people in a law court. I don't think another rape victim will want to report a rape case after following this shameful session. No wonder the Abia rape victim refused to come out. Once again, that lawyer should be arrested for attempted violation. Nonsense.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by 9jaIhail(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So some people are interest in looking at the poor girl toto instead of ascertaining if truly she was ra-ped. . .nawao

For the first time you made a sensible post on this site.I pray for this change to be real.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Afam4eva(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

For the first time you made a sensible post on this site.I pray for this change to be real.

His ratio of bluetooth's sensible to silly post is like 1:10000.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by doctokwus: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2012
Shows u d kind of people dat appear as litigants in some of these cases:where in d world will dere stil b physical evidence of bruise in a rape a year after d incident,bc dis incident happened about a year or ago;how can any sane litigant ask a lady to expose her privates for all to see,will dey evn know what to luk out for.D defense counsel is nothing but a disgrace to d legal profession 4 evn requestin such show of privates
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Blackteeth(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2012
She should have been asked to do so in a private room and inspected by a female doc.
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 21, 2012
afam4eva: That lawyer should be arrested asap. It's despicable and a violation of privacy to ask a victim of rape and emotional trauma to strip in the full glare of people in a law court. I don't think another rape victim will want to report a rape case after following this shameful session. No wonder the Abia rape victim refused to come out. Once again, that lawyer should be arrested for attempted violation. Nonsense.

Haba,the lawyer just want to see what his royal highness enjoy ni na.Abi do you commit rape by just looking ?
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2012
supereagle: OSOGBO-An ex- corps member, who alleged that an Osun monarch raped her, was Tuesrday, requested to remove her pants in the Chambers of the judge. According to reports, this request by the defence counsel, Mr Taofeek Tewogbade led to an uproar in the courtroom.

Tewogbade said that his request was to enable him and other counsel see the bruises she sustained on her private part as a result of the alleged rape.

The state prosecuting counsel, Mr Biodun Badeora, objected to the request and prayed the court to call the defence counsel to order, adding that the request was intended to insult the raped victim.

Badeora said that the medical doctor, who examined the victim gave evidence before the court, and wondered why the defence counsel wanted to examine the victim by himself.

The request of the defence counsel was overruled by the judge, Justice Jide Falola, who said that there was no reason for such an examination.

The alleged rape victim also said that she did not receive any gift or bargained to collect N50,000 from the monarch.
When cross examined by the Defence Counsel, Tewogbade, the ex-corps member said that the monarch, Oba Adebukola Alli, threw a bundle of N200 notes at her.

She said: “But l refused to take the money, l did not even know the actual amount, all l knew was that it was a bundle of N200 notes, but he forced himself in, in spite of my refusal.”

Earlier, Tewogbade had put it to the girl that there wouldn’t have been any scandal if the monarch had[b] given her N50,000, a suggestion she rejected.[/b]

She however, agreed that prior to the date of the incident, the monarch visited her in the hospital when she was sick, but denied that the monarch paid her hospital bill or bought her a telephone handset.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/rape-court-turns-down-request-for-ex-nysc-member-to-strip/

See this ashawo corper whey suppose dey serve hin father land. Greedy motherforker. For Mokola in Ibadan, ashawo na 300naira per round yet the guy give her bundle of 200naira notes yet she bo dey satisfied. Greedy ashi. You wan collect 50k cos gold dey inside ya toto.

So she can remember that it was 200 naira notes? Sorry o, so you refused? You wan collect 50k abi? Ukpa ojoo! tongue
Re: Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2012
supereagle: OSOGBO-An ex- corps member, who alleged that an Osun monarch raped her, was Tuesrday, requested to remove her pants in the Chambers of the judge. According to reports, this request by the defence counsel, Mr Taofeek Tewogbade led to an uproar in the courtroom.

Earlier, Tewogbade had put it to the girl that there wouldn’t have been any scandal if the monarch had[b] given her N50,000, a suggestion she rejected.[/b]

See this ashawo corper whey suppose dey serve hin father land. Greedy motherforker. For Mokola in Ibadan, ashawo na 300naira per round yet the guy give her bundle of 200naira notes yet she bo dey satisfied. Greedy ashi. You wan collect 50k cos gold dey inside ya toto.

So she can remember that it was 200 naira notes? Sorry o, so you refused? You wan collect 50k abi? Ukpa ojoo! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Job Without NYSC / NIM Registration / Breaking News!!! Nysc Has A New Director General (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.