Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

How Then Can I Do This Great Wickedness, And Sin Against God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Then Can I Do This Great Wickedness, And Sin Against God? (3390 Views)

Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / Household Enemies, Wickedness And Witchcraft / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Then Can I Do This Great Wickedness, And Sin Against God? by God2man(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Genesis 39:7-12 "And it came to pass after these things,that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said,lie with me.
But he refused, and said unto his master's wife , Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
There is none greater in this house than i; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can i do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and THERE WAS NONE OF THE MEN OF THE HOUSE THERE WITHIN.
And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out."
Everything about life is based on certain principles or ethics, there are certain admirable ethical standards which are worth emulating, these are honesty, courage, determination, self control, humility, kindness, and so on.
What am i trying to say? There is a Godly principle permanetly engraved or cut out in our hearts that is difficult to remove, these qualities are refer to as character.
Any man or woman that does not base his character on the word of God can be refer to as uncharacterized individual.
For example, let's see some of the ten commandments, Exodus 20. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. Thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit adultery,thou shall not steal, thou shall not covet thy neighbour's house, wife, and so on.
Now, what is the best defnition we can give these moral qualities called character?
It is what you are doing when everybody looks the other way, it what you are in the secret, when no one is watching, it is your response when you are under intense pressure, it is what you are going to do when you are facing a great temptation like Joseph. If Joseph had agreed to sleep with potiphar's wife nobody would have found out but it would have terminated all his divine dreams about his destiny.
When health is lost, something is lost, when wealth is lost, a big fortune is lost, but when you lack ethical standards or sound moral principles based on the word of God, then everything is lost.
Many people are unstable, they say one thing today, tommorow they say another thing. They lack integrity, it is a crack in the wall.
When you forget your Bible at home and your sunday school teacher asked you, where is your Bible? You found it difficult to tell the truth, because you will be ashamed, then there is a problem. When you got to the office late, and you followed others to write the same thing? How do we know you are a christian?
You call yourself a Pastor and your members entrusted money into your hand and you spent it without asking for forgiveness, then you become a blind man that is leading your members into the pit.
A chorister fighting at the carpark after service, then of what use is the ministration.
Therefore, the Bible says in the book of colossians 3:5 " Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness which is idolatry"
We must imbibe as it written in colossian 3:12-14" Put on therefore, as the elect of God, Holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as christ forgave you, so also do ye.
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."
May God help us. God bless. God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Tormentors In Hell? / Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 / White People Hardly Go To Church Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.