Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 (16719 Views)

Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by mamagee3(f): 4:09am On Mar 23, 2012
She doesn't represent beauty. . .I don't understand the modelling industry at times

They are full of it, this woman doesn't stand the chance of representing Nigeria at all.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by strangerf: 4:53am On Mar 23, 2012
^^^

AT least she looks better than all the females in your family. Thats all that matters.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Litmus: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
The girl is alright, she has all the attributes the modeling world want. Nigerian girls are often tall and well structured, more so than women from other parts of Africa save maybe Sudan, Burundi and Malawi. Akata girls are often too boring looking, just like mixed raced girls who are usually only Glamor model quality. Nigerian girls will continue to grow in the supermodel scene because they have what it takes.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-AzuKsSCx4u0/TpVvv63CSXI/AAAAAAAARy4/QZUXhUvxXl8/s640/top+models+6.jpg[/img]

Tamar Awobotu, Nigerian beauty

finally for all those nigerian girls who look like the this Tamar Awobotu girl posted above , don't be disheartened by all the negative comments, they are just based on jealousy. Besides you can't take Nairaland standard of beauty seriously, most of them think this ugly woman,below, Mercy Johnson, is the height of beauty so that should tell you all you need to know.

Ghanaian looking Mercy Johnson, Niraland Standard of Beauty

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
Why don't you juxtapose the 2 and tell me which one is finer?

Lets know "your" standard of beauty.

Ghanaian look or Avatar look?
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by sevule(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
Litmus: The girl is alright, she has all the attributes the modeling world want. Nigerian girls are often tall and well structured, more so than women from other parts of Africa save maybe Sudan, Burundi and Malawi. Akata girls are often too boring looking, just like mixed raced girls who are usually only Glamor model quality. Nigerian girls will continue to grow in the supermodel scene because they have what it takes.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-AzuKsSCx4u0/TpVvv63CSXI/AAAAAAAARy4/QZUXhUvxXl8/s640/top+models+6.jpg[/img]

Tamar Awobotu, Nigerian beauty

finally for all those nigerian girls who look like the this Tamar Awobotu girl posted above , don't be disheartened by all the negative comments, they are just based on jealousy. Besides you can't take Nairaland standard of beauty seriously, most of them think this ugly woman,below, Mercy Johnson, is the height of beauty so that should tell you all you need to know.

Bros speak for yourself ohhhh!! Please give me Mercy Johnson anyday over tamar-i no fine-awobotu. I can bet 80% of Nigerian men would agree with me. But finally why e be say na only de plain girls oyibos dey choose?

Ghanaian looking Mercy Johnson, Niraland Standard of Beauty

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Litmus: 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2012

Lets know "your" standard of beauty.

Ghanaian look or Avatar look?

Uhm, I'm, with the judges, Avatar for me.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by efosanice: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
in case you havent noticed, she looks very much like naomi campbell and she has a very good bone structure.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by afrodiva: 11:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
Africans and our love for all things oyibo.simply because she won some oyibo sponsored contest that makes her beautiful? .please Iam not a hater .I celebrate the fact that the contest was won one by a Naija babe but is she a model for what women should look like hell no.I bet if your brother bring this one come house say in wn marry am y Dou no go vex. grin
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Sagamite(m): 12:53am On Mar 24, 2012
Litmus:

Uhm, I'm, with the judges, Avatar for me.

Well I think most people would say the think a human is far more finer than an avatar.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by strangerf: 1:30am On Mar 24, 2012
Sagamite:

Well I think most people would say the think a human is far [size=18pt]more finer[/size] than an avatar.

The comparative form of fine is finer, not more finer.

You live in England and you cant even write a flawless sentence.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Litmus: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHctA5PK9DE?version=3&autohide=1[/flash]

see how black people used to be slim and elegant, the same in Africa, now though, people have misconstrued African culture and corrupted some notions to arrive at the conclusion African cultural preferences are for thick set or fat women. Time was, in Plantation politics, if you were slim, sculptured and sinewy, the growing social life among blacks, meant you could be labeled field Nigger, which amounted to that you looked African, this reveals a recognition that African people were slim and muscular.The house nigger,(please excuse my use of this word, i just need to make a quick point)the house Nigger was often as not of mixed parentage and it was recognized then that the mixed-raced people had more fat under the skin. This has led to some modern terms such as Soft Curve and Hard Curve. You'll find that at one time, recent ages, African American and Black British men spoke in preference of soft curved women as opposed to hard curved women. By doing this, they were wittingly and unwittingly declaring their preference for black women of none African stature. In other words they didn't like the thinner more muscular looking women because those women to them looked more African.

So now, you see, when black youth of today talk of preferring thick black women, a part of that is they think that they are being conscious not knowing that in fact a part of this new deception that African people like thick and fat women has part of its origin in black self denial of the past.

Another misconception arose out of a misunderstanding of African Culture mixed with certain historical notions. For instance, when Europeans first saw African women, (i don't mean the aberration of the iconic Hottentot woman who was brought to London) they commented that African women had plump posteriors, which is not the same thing as saying that black women in Africa were thick and fat. In fact, Nigeria is filled with slim girls and women with football type butt. Secondly, for their part, African culture saw having flesh as a sign of wealth not beauty. In the modern past when some African families chose women for their sons, they would chose big women, who they may call beautiful, but the hidden reason for choosing these big women often was because families after wives for their sons felt that big women were libel to be more homely, be able to cook, do housework and not run away form their sons. This meant, often, African families in search of wives for their sons recognized that the fat woman wasn't really good looking,they recognized that the slimmer more typically African structured women might be more high maintenance, liable to think themselves too good to do house work,might be more willing to see their sons as not all that great a shake,while the fatter more homely woman would be more likely to consider themselves lucky to be married to those sons.

Long write-ups are tedious to read, so the above is as abridged as i could make it. The upshot is, that there are a lot of confusion and misconceptions about African esthetic values and African culture generally. Today's youth think they know stuff about black or Africaness when in many cases things they know have been absorbed from European and African American reality.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 25, 2012
Maybe it was the camera, but this new pix looks better. She has my vote then. Omo adun, omo to dun, omo Yoruba. kiss kiss

Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 25, 2012
Nigerian models are going places fo'sho!!

[size=28pt]Femi Emiola, Actress With Nigerian Roots Who Emerged Face Of Toyota Camry
[/size]

Femi Emiola is an award-winning actress based in Los Angeles, United States. Born to Nigerian father and Filipino mother,SEYI GESINDE,

in this piece, x-rays the background of Femi, who once emerged the face of marketing campaign for Toyota Camry.

An American-born, Nigerian-Filipino actress,Femi Emiola is one of the few film-makers abroad whose works, upcoming artistes now wish to emulate. She is best known for her role as Lani Walker in My Network TV night-time telenovela, Wicked Wicked Games which premiered on December 6, 2006 and aired to completion (65 episodes) in March 2007.

She is also familiar to audiences as the actress behind “Bianca Turner,” the fashion designer who is the centre of the popular web series, If Looks Could Kill.

Born in Iowa City, Iowa to a Filipino mother and a Nigerian father, Femi got enrolled at the Theatre Arts Department of Iowa State University, where she graduated with a degree in Theatre Arts and later studied in New York City in the United States.

She actually took after her parents who both bagged Ph.D degrees at Iowa State University. It was at this same school, that Femi’s parents, then as Ph.D students met as course mates and friends before they later got married. Both of them are chemists.

Femi, who grew up with her parents spent most of her early life in both the Philippines and Nigeria, but returned to the United States as a teenager to further her studies.

During her training at both the Iowa State University and in New York City, Femi worked with director and acting teacher, Wynn Handman, who was also a former colleague of Sanford Meisner and artistic director/co-founder of The American Place Theatre.

Femi’s relationship with these top film producers yielded a big result as this later launched her to making her debut in an award-winning short film The Living Silence.

Her distinguished performance in the film was said to have helped the filmmaker, Tanya Steele, garner a Directors Guild East Coast Student Filmmaker Award.

She appeared on the television shows ER, Ghost Whisperer, Scrubs, Las Vegas, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, and The Practice. In 2000, Femi posed for the artist Meredith Bergmann.

Her profile became the foundation for Bergmann’s Phillis Wheatley, which was part of the Boston Women’s Memorial, unveiled in 2003 on Commonwealth Avenue Mall in Boston.

The sculpture which included Lucy Stone and Abigail Adams, is crafted from bronze and granite, and is Bergmann’s largest public commission.

In June 2008, Femi became the face of a marketing campaign for the Toyota Camry. The campaign, launched on June 9, 2008 targeted affluent African-American women between the ages of 25 and 40.

There were no television commercials; instead Toyota created an interactive website, which included a video series and an online game. The online campaign was also supported by billboards and radio ads with Femi’s voice prompting listeners to logon to the website.

The $5 million campaign centered on the website and a six-episode video series, promoted as “where espionage and high fashion collide.”

The target audience for the campaign was African-American women with an annual income of $70,000 and up. Femi starred as Bianca Turner, a fashion designer and Toyota Camry owner who becomes unwittingly involved in an espionage plot.

Viewers could navigate within scenes and play along, picking up clues to assist Bianca as she tries to solve the mystery. Print and online adverts also supported the campaign which ran from June 9 through July 27, 2008.

She now resides in Los Angeles, where according to her, she “continues her pursuit of truth and imagination.”
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 26, 2012
Way 2go!!congrats.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by razznaija(f): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2012
sinako: She is beautiful and congratulations to her, haters will always hate
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 01, 2012
Good. . But shes a true definition of ugly
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2012
Missy_B: This has nothing to do with beauty, right?

lmao!!

Typically models are chosen based on their ability to walk the runway, posing, and their cranial/ facial bone structures and are usually not the most beautiful women...just exotic looking.
Re: Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 by shyanaa: 1:35pm On May 24, 2018
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinybelle_hair Nairaland Sales Outlet / Kanye West Vs Dr Sid : Who Wore It Better? / Campaign Tshirts On Attractive Modelz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.