Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Corporate Slavery - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Corporate Slavery (1361 Views)

We Know Its Corporate Slavery, Yet We Stay / Salary Jobs Are Modern Slavery! / Tony Elumelu Slavery Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporate Slavery by bizgirl(f): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
fellow nairalanders. i am writing your with tears rolling down my chin. i am an HND holder-biochemistry upper credit- from yabatech. but i found myself in banking industry after much effort to get something doing. my appointment has always been on contract basis due to the hnd-bsc dicrimination.presently i am in the second organisation since 2006(6 years plus) but i have not reach entry level since i started,the reason for this is that contract staff does not get promotion. i have always been working in one of the most sensitive units but God has been faithful, no fraud whatsoever.

i have been so happy doing my daily work untill rescently when there is an additional load on me which on a good day shouldnt be given unto me considering the initial work load. the most painful thing is that my supervisor is just in the office to browse, chat and read mails. i once register for ACCA programme but i couldnt continue due to many hours spent in the office but now i am running a BSC prog in one of the universities.

people in the house please help me not with money but for something beta than this. i am not complaining abt small salary considering the rate of unemployment but please i am been enslaved. but resigning is not an option without an alternative.

PLEASE COME TO MY AID,MY HEART IS SO HEAVY AND FRUSTRATED.my number is 07042233359 if you think you can help me get something beter, even if it is another bank with a beter offer.
Re: Corporate Slavery by bizgirl(f): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2012
NAIRALANDERS PLEASE BE OF HELP TO ME AT THIS POINT. I AM DOWN OF DEPRESSION. AND I DONT WANT TO DEVELOP HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I KNOW THERE ARE PPL ON THIS FORUM THAT COULD OR KNOW SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME.PLEASE I BELIEVE IT IS NOT ONLY IN FINANCIAL ASPECT THAT WE SHOULD BE OF HELP.

THEY DID PROMOTION AND SALARY INCREMENT IN MY OFFICE THIS MONTH,(SOME PPL SALARY WERE ALMOST DOUBLED, FRM 175K TO 295K)ALL OTHER STAFF(WITH BSC) SALARY WERE INCREACED WHILE ALL OF US THAT HAVE HND HAVE DECREASE IN OURS. THIS HAS BEEN DROPPING TEARS FROM MY EYES SINCE 4 DAYS. I HAVE UPPER CREDIT IN BIOCHEMISTRY FROM YABATECH. AND I AM NOT LAZY AT ALL, IT IS JUST UNFORTUNATE THAT LACK OF FUNDS(FOR BUSINESS, WHICH I CONSIDERED TO BE THE BEST) HAS PLACED ME AT MY EMPLOYERS MERCY.KINDLY HELP A FRUSTRATED SISTER I BEG.
Re: Corporate Slavery by nikkygal(f): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Bizgirl

My heart goes out to you and i can imagine how you feel. . . .

My advise to you will be not to feel sorry for yourself no matter how bleak things may seem now. Pick yourself up and let your current predicament only make you more aggressive to reaching your goal which is getting a better job.

I'll advise you go back & re-register for ACCA or ICAN which ever you can afford at the moment and face those exams squarely with the intent of passing each of them at the 1st sitting. There's nothing as distressing as putting in so much efforts in your work and getting next to nothing back in form of rewards. You need to keep your head up & stay focused! ACCA/ICAN will be more beneficial to you in the long run than a BSc so that will be my first choice of action. Since you've already commenced the Bsc, you can still go ahead with it but you might end up having too much on your plate too deal with all at the same time.

Getting the ICAN/ACCA certification will help stamp your feet as a professional in the financial services industry and will serve as a leverage to getting better jobs since you already have relevant working experience.

My sister, no pain no gain! Roll up your sleeves & get to work. . . .nothing good comes easy! You can ace these exams in 2-3yrs and all these agony will be a thing of the past. All you need is focus and determination . . . .Trust me, am talking from experience . .been there, done that & got the T-shirt!

I wish you the very best!!!

1 Like

Re: Corporate Slavery by bizgirl(f): 11:57am On May 02, 2012
thanks dear. i am back to my feet now. nairaland has really encourage me again. thnks a lot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Career Buildingin Baking, Catering Indoor/out Door At The Most Affordable Price / Confused Computer Science Graduate Needs Guidance / Study Autocad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.