Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Is Google In Danger Of Being Shut Out Of The Changing Internet? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Google In Danger Of Being Shut Out Of The Changing Internet? (857 Views)

Is GOOGLE Down? / Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? / Hackers Threaten To Shut-down Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Google In Danger Of Being Shut Out Of The Changing Internet? by loopbenbamicom(m): 8:45am On Mar 24, 2012
Hi Guys i hope you feeling strong for the day ahead. May God lead you

I Woke up this morning around 03:15am, On getting to my Bing page i noticed something that hasn't cut my eye recently and that is Yahoo and Bing(What are they doing together...hmm i wonder). Obviously i know about facebook and Bing combination where Bing search result are displayed on facebook ...but now Yahoo search and Bing search

whats happening on or to the internet?

The imminent IPO of Facebook, the brickbat surrounding Twitter’s decision to censor some tweets, and Google’s weaker-than-expected 4th-quarter earnings all point to one of the big events and question of this age.

The bats in the belfry days of the Internet are ending. Once, the priorities use to be open and shared by everyone. Then the farmers arrived and fenced them in. The same thing appears to be happening to the Internet: Apple, Amazon and Facebook are putting up fences — and Google is increasingly being left outside.

Vividly the old Internet on which Google has thrived is still there, of course, but like the back country it is shrinking. Most of the times, we sign up for Facebook or Amazon’s private version of the Internet. At other times, we use a smartphone and download an App instead of using Google search.

Investors are already placing their bets on who the winners of the new Internet will be: Over the past five years Amazon’s shares, despite their recent fall, have risen 370%. Apple’s are up 438% at least one of my closest just bought one of their products (lol). Google’s, meanwhile, have merely risen by 17% in all that time. It is still the early days of this long-term trend, but my forewisdom is that this gap in performance will widen over the coming year — and that Google’s long slow decline has already begun.

What makes Google’s predicament so serious is that it has little to do with technology and everything to do with business models. You can buy or copy technology, but changing a business model is about the hardest thing any company can do. Google’s business model, and nearly all its revenue and profits, depend on the Internet remaining open. When we search, Google pockets billions from advertising. If the old Internet is changing, Google’s original way of doing business loses value.

Let me start with Apple:
Continue Reading @www.facebook.com/benbaminc
Re: Is Google In Danger Of Being Shut Out Of The Changing Internet? by flymetrix: 9:25am On Mar 24, 2012
Na I don't think so, heard of Google TV, Google Broadband, Google Space and so many others in the offing.

The guys at Google are too innovative to go down without a fight
Re: Is Google In Danger Of Being Shut Out Of The Changing Internet? by loopbenbamicom(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2012
Good one fly

I' m sure You do not follow the link below to continue reading my post because if you had you would have understood every detail in what i posted.

you heard of Google this Google that but their overall earning fell for the second time which basically means "hearing is different from the real business face of everything".

kind regards

(1) (Reply)

Is It My Laptop, 3g Modem Or Our Network Providers (glo, Etisalat And Mtx) / Fairly Use Laptop For Sale At Affordable Price / Don't Fall A Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.