Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic (2849 Views)

You May Be Anaemic Without Knowing / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / How Do Doctors Calculate Medical Bills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2012
I have anaemia due to blood loss. You know that type that is hormonal and as a reassurance, a doctor would say is normal for people of a certain age.

I checked my Hb count two weeks ago and it was 64per cent. I felt like I had two options-to take an oral iron therapy or to have a dietary solution.

I opted for the dietary one as an oral iron has N&V and other GIT symptoms as side effects. I have had recurrent nausea for a very long time. that I had treated with vitamin B6 and at another time with an antivitiligo. So, I decided the oral iron is a No, no.

My problem now is, I had procastinated getting myself the perfect nutrient until this moment. The most I have done is prevent stress.

My question- would a diet of enough green vegetables, red meat, egg (which of course are good sources of iron) on a daily basis be enough to keep me going.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 5:02am On Mar 25, 2012
oh! no doctors on NL sad
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by Docosward(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
deols: I have anaemia due to blood loss. You know that type that is hormonal and as a reassurance, a doctor would say is normal for people of a certain age.

I checked my Hb count two weeks ago and it was 64per cent. I felt like I had two options-to take an oral iron therapy or to have a dietary solution.

I opted for the dietary one as an oral iron has N&V and other GIT symptoms as side effects. I have had recurrent nausea for a very long time. that I had treated with vitamin B6 and at another time with an antivitiligo. So, I decided the oral iron is a No, no.

My problem now is, I had procastinated getting myself the perfect nutrient until this moment. The most I have done is prevent stress.

My question- would a diet of enough green vegetables, red meat, egg (which of course are good sources of iron) on a daily basis be enough to keep me going.
Hi Doels, there is herbal cure for Anaemia, if u are intrested than contact me jonathanosward@yahoo.com
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Doc-osward:
Hi Doels, there is herbal cure for Anaemia, if u are intrested than contact me jonathanosward@yahoo.com

no be ya fault. Mtchew.

What more herbals does anyone need other than the ones I wrote above?. Green leafy veges of all kinds and kidney, liver, egg are good sources of iron.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by olawalebabs(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
since you said only doc, let me keep my suggestion to myself.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by famzynet: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2012
Hi Deols, if d result you got for HB is 64per cent as you said then you do not have anaemia, rather you have polycythaemia which on its own is not very good news. The diets you mentioned can keep a normal person or one with mild anaemia going but you omitted fruits like oranges,pawpaw etc . Cheerio!
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
famzynet: Hi Deols, if d result you got for HB is 64per cent as you said then you do not have anaemia, rather you have polycythaemia which on its own is not very good news. The diets you mentioned can keep a normal person or one with mild anaemia going but you omitted fruits like oranges,pawpaw etc . Cheerio!

I disagree. shouldnt polycythaemia mean an increased rbcs level rather than a decrease? and anaemia is supposed to be Hb level less than 70%?

oh, the fruits? i dont know those as rich sources of iron.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by gloriana(f): 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
if u r goin 2 hiss at somebody's suggestion y dint u kip ur problem 2 urself? Good health is a priceless gift n u wnt dat gift,i tel u u'l try herbal drugs. U can cal me on 08036316852 or hiss all u want.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by FXElixir: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
grin LoL !!!

I just heard her hiss *mmmsssschewww!*

cheesy
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
gloriana: if u r goin 2 hiss at somebody's suggestion y dint u kip ur problem 2 urself? Good health is a priceless gift n u wnt dat gift,i tel u u'l try herbal drugs. U can cal me on 08036316852 or hiss all u want.

and u wanna sell a product, keep ur advice pulease grin grin .the last time i checked, I asked for doctors only. are u one? tongue

FX Elixir: grin LoL !!!

I just heard her hiss *mmmsssschewww!*

cheesy

which one u be o. herbal doctor or a real one. thanks anyways wink
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by FXElixir: 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
^^^
Dearie, I'm none of d above.
I'm Just a commentator ooo !
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by mumeenaliu: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2012
Im a doctor,its either u misread that result or u just got it all wrong cos if ur blood level is 64% the last thing u need is building u blood level u should actually be donating,i advice u see a qualified medical Dr with that result and if its true u are anaemic,i know ugwu juice is a very rich source of folic acid,wch is an important blood forming component,the other i want to assume u knw from ur stated list wch are rich sources of iron
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by jtkoko9(f): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
:-XHerbal drug marketers and their wahala sef
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
@ Dr. mumeen, you would ask someone wv a Hb level of 64% to donate? shocked Please explain to me what anaemia means then, I must have made a mistake. Anticipating your response sir.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by Lagusta(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2012
Hello, i m a doc too, a packed cell volume of 64% means polycythemia. I assume u r a lady, so normal levels r in d range of 38-48%. It is less than that of men (40-55%) cos of blood loss thru menses. Ur high levels mean alot, could be idiopathic (no known cause), thru cigarettes or high altitude. Go see a hematologist for more clarifications
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
Lagusta: Hello, i m a doc too, a packed cell volume of 64% means polycythemia. I assume u r a lady, so normal levels r in d range of 38-48%. It is less than that of men (40-55%) cos of blood loss thru menses. Ur high levels mean alot, could be idiopathic (no known cause), thru cigarettes or high altitude. Go see a hematologist for more clarifications

i tire for these nija doctors o sad . U are confusing Hb count with hematocrit. PCV is hematocrit and of course a 64% of that would mean polycythaemia.

YoU prolly know Hb only in mg\dl and never in percentages??. Am actually okay now but am saddened about this confusion.

I would think thrice b4 I see a doctor in Nigeria angry
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by olawalebabs(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
deols:

i tire for these nija doctors o sad . U are confusing Hb count with hematocrit. PCV is hematocrit and of course a 64% of that would mean polycythaemia.

YoU prolly know Hb only in mg\dl and never in percentages??. Am actually okay now but am saddened about this confusion.

It seems you know more than the "e- doctors"
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2012
olawalebab: It seems you know more than the "e- doctors"

hmmn. Lol
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
@deols...are u a medical practitioner? U seem to be against all d solutions given to u,that means u know ur onions. As for naija doctors...na only God go help us. I dont knw hw dey passed thru medic skool. Even me wey sabi do research online sabi pass dem sometimes. God help us.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
shiloh: @deols...are u a medical practitioner? U seem to be against all d solutions given to u,that means u know ur onions. As for naija doctors...na only God go help us. I dont knw hw dey passed thru medic skool. Even me wey sabi do research online sabi pass dem sometimes. God help us.

thank you dear. I was hoping to have some meaningful discussions here o. Am surprised by all of these.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
jtkoko9: :-XHerbal drug marketers and their wahala sef

their wahala too much. I hope people are careful with them
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by Lagusta(m): 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2012
deols:

now u r gettin it all wrong!!!!
Hb is measured in mg/dl. Pcv in percentages. Normal hb level is 13-15 mg/dl... Any value given multiplied by three gives a rough estimate of pcv. Go seek professional help!!!
As for nigerian doctors, i don't blame them. They didn't pass exams wit brains, but wit money. Then failed primaries and had to stick to dirty private practice i.e. Abortion... :@
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by zomike: 1:30am On Apr 06, 2012
Hi go online,Google;Treating Anaemia with MORINGA.
Everything u see there is the perfect truth,if you
need Moringa lets talk;
All the best.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by olawalebabs(m): 6:13am On Apr 06, 2012
Am becoming more confused about this this topic. who will help?
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2012
Lagusta:

now u r gettin it all wrong!!!!
Hb is measured in mg/dl. Pcv in percentages. Normal hb level is 13-15 mg/dl... Any value given multiplied by three gives a rough estimate of pcv. Go seek professional help!!!
As for nigerian doctors, i don't blame them. They didn't pass exams wit brains, but wit money. Then failed primaries and had to stick to dirty private practice i.e. Abortion... :@

Hb is calculated in percentages too. I understand though that the manner of practice differs in different places, that could have been responsible for the confusion.Maybe you arent aware of that. I am good now like I said earlier.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by PurerareGold: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2012
Before you guys start bashing people without any fact. Hb is measured in mg/dl. That is the S.I unit. It cannot be calculated in percentage. Its only pcv that is calculated in percentage. The current teaching aπϑ has always been is †☺ use the S.I unit for any particular measurement. That said,where did you do this test? M guessing in the east? Right? I think when they have measured the hb,they then proceed †☺ find the percentage which could be erroneous especially for used †☺ pcv.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
PurerareGold: Before you guys start bashing people without any fact. Hb is measured in mg/dl. That is the S.I unit. It cannot be calculated in percentage. Its only pcv that is calculated in percentage. The current teaching aπϑ has always been is †☺ use the S.I unit for any particular measurement. That said,where did you do this test? M guessing in the east? Right? I think when they have measured the hb,they then proceed †☺ find the percentage which could be erroneous especially for used †☺ pcv.

i'll go find out more about this. If am wrong, I'll apologise. If right, I'll educate you the more cheesy
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by bntY: 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
hi deols,glad to know u r ok now. don't know about dis Hb unit in percentage u are talking about too.pls make ur research and educate us fast.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by mumeenaliu: 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2012
Wat is it with NLers and doctors?always waiting for the slightest provocation to bash us even after asking for help,the poor state of the practice in the country is not a reflection of the minds practising it but of the country as a whole,am sure dat no matter ur field if u compare urself with ur counterparts from 1st world countries u wld find urself coming a little short.dat said @deols am glad u are fine now, but i still think u need to empower urself with proper infomation about the topic,i advice u meet someone with proper knowledge about it to explain certain things to u......
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2012
mumeen aliu: Wat is it with NLers and doctors?always waiting for the slightest provocation to bash us even after asking for help,the poor state of the practice in the country is not a reflection of the minds practising it but of the country as a whole,am sure dat no matter ur field if u compare urself with ur counterparts from 1st world countries u wld find urself coming a little short.dat said @deols am glad u are fine now, but i still think u need to empower urself with proper infomation about the topic,i advice u meet someone with proper knowledge about it to explain certain things to u......

hmmmmn embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

bntY: hi deols,glad to know u r ok now. don't know about dis Hb unit in percentage u are talking about too.pls make ur research and educate us fast.

I'll be back sweery InshaALlah
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by IHNetworks: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
deols:

Deols I recommend you should be sent to compulsory medical school and/or flogged for this.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by olsmade(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2012
mumeen aliu: Wat is it with NLers and doctors?always waiting for the slightest provocation to bash us even after asking for help,the poor state of the practice in the country is not a reflection of the minds practising it but of the country as a whole,am sure dat no matter ur field if u compare urself with ur counterparts from 1st world countries u wld find urself coming a little short.dat said @deols am glad u are fine now, but i still think u need to empower urself with proper infomation about the topic,i advice u meet someone with proper knowledge about it to explain certain things to u......

I tire o. Naija docs are prolly just as good as docs anywhere in d world. Fine, dey make errors of judgement @ tyms, but then, where in d world does dis not happen. Medical litigation, for example, is on d rise in developed countries.

Naija docs write standardized tests (plab, usmle) and more often than not, ace diz tests and do well abroad. Doz dat stay behind work der arses off and get poorly paid for their efforts and to add insult to der injury, der contributions are not being appreciated anymore - sad.

Anyways, @OP, av u found out about the hb in % thingy and how dey come about it. One thing I'm sure of tho z dat, its not used in Naija or US

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Woman Was Delivered Of An Abnormal Baby Through C.s(viewers Discretion Advice) / The Secret Of Drinking Water On EMPTY STOMACH / My Boy Friend's Sperm Cleared My Facial Pimples: Nigerian Girl

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.